PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Ideas

Lexxuk
19-12-03, 14:59
Having not played NC since, umm, Sunday, I been playing AnOther game *coff coff* which really, totally, knocks your socks off with the depth of the gameplay options, some of which should be easy to transport into Neocron.

Idea 1

SubClass Enforcment

You know when you make your char, you get a list of things you can be, like an agent, engineer, researcher, street doctor? None of these are used, your either a tank/pe/monk or spy. Now, if these subclasses were used, it would allow more depth in gameplay.

PE's (coz i know them :p) could have a few different types, low tech pistol, high tech pistol, low tech rifle, high tech rifle, droner, street medic.

Within that subclass, are items only useable by certain subclasses, for instance, Liberator, can only be used by Low Tech Pistol class PE/Spy, but other items, like a Plasma Pistol, can be used by them too, but the higher pistol, would be specific to the High Tech Pistol class.

Inside the APU subclass, you could really split the spells up, one type of APU only allowed high level barrels, but can only use lower level halo's etc. whilst the other type uses high level single shot, low level barrels, and another class that can use only high level DOT, low level other two etc.

One type of PPU that can use Holy Heal, but blessed buffs, or can only use high level group spells, but cant use high level Rez etc.

Really making good use of sub classes, and with the Poke tool only useable by Street Doctor/Medic, people would not be able to LoM from one subclass to another, though an option to change once in their lives would be neat.

Idea 2

Construction

The other game I'm playin, has a really deep and complicated cst system, you can even make rings (melt ingot into furnace, make filgree wire, wrap around ring) requiring specific tools for specific jobs, which actually works. Its much more involving than "2 WP4's and a 6 pls!" usin the same tool for a heal as a gun as a tank as armour, and giving the tool sub levels, really isnt involving enough. With a huge range of items, ranging from barrels to scopes to whatever you can think of, you can make, well, any gun you want, and base it on recepies too, you can even make some of the parts from stuff dropped by mobs.

Sure, might be a time sink for the constructor, but "put cube into slot and press start with the WP's in QB" is kind of, well, limiting to be frank. Researchers could of course research the guns to get which items are needed, and research new and fantastic weapons :p

Idea 3

Talking Animals.

Its true, in the other game, there are types of mobs, who talk to you, you walk upto them, click on them, then type, and it talks back to you, true, its in leet talk "WHY DID YOU LOOT ME? CAN I HAVE UR SWORD? ru nubi? im uber" n stuff, but it does add a new dimension to the gameplay

I dunno, there are lots of nifty ideas out there which does show how limited and 2D NC really is when compared with other MMORPG's, from lack of skins, to lack of RP objects (killed a mob, found a wedding ring of all things O_o) so maybe its time to stop nerfing left, right and centre, and start working on the skills system, the RP system, the items system, the things that would keep people playing long after the PVP side of it has gotten boring for the majority.

Mumblyfish
19-12-03, 15:08
One question...

SubClass Enforcment

No. Wait, that's not a question. Oh well, my point remains.

That only encourages cookie-cutter setups, which the game already has enough of a problem with. And limiting people so much just because of what they picked when they made a character is bullshit.

GT_Rince
19-12-03, 15:28
Originally posted by Lexxuk
Idea 3

Talking Animals.

I can see it now....

Lexx takes a stroll in the desert and sees a lonely Drom. Walks upto the Drom "Hi good lookin'.... Wanna knock boots?"

Drom: "No thank you, you are not my type"

DromSex0r: "WTF...". DromSex0r whips out some flowers.

Messy Drom sex scene ensues.

Too scary for thoughts... :eek:

Sefran
19-12-03, 15:30
Thats boring...

Jesterthegreat
19-12-03, 15:35
some kind of construction shanghe would be good... imagine a window with bars you could drag... making one bigger ups the importance of it, and drags the others down.

people going for all out damage on a weapon could sacrifise aiming for it etc... this would make rares and normal weapons different depoending on the wishes of the guy making it.

Sam Tarrant
19-12-03, 15:37
errr whats a cookie cutter? and i dont rearly see how talking mobs would improve the gameplay, i can see it being quite noval but not enhancing lol

Lexxuk
19-12-03, 17:12
Originally posted by Sam Tarrant
errr whats a cookie cutter? and i dont rearly see how talking mobs would improve the gameplay, i can see it being quite noval but not enhancing lol

cookie cutter:

Tank:-

PA
Cursed Soul
Duranium/Inq Armour Mix
All STR into HC

PE:-

PA
Pain Easer/ROG - Lib/ROLH (or whatever it is)

Cookie cutter basically means, everyone is identicle, there are only minor differences between each person.

Another thing for tradeskillers, upgrading weapons, instead of an Archer n Wesson Rifle, you could upgrade it, to an Archer n Wesson Advanced Assault Rifle, higher TL, more damage stuff like that, just by adding new components into the mixture, the possibilities are endless.

Same goes with Armour, get your Tank PA, add in some ViperKing armour, get Tank PA with lower nrg resists, but some pos resists, and in green.

Zanathos
19-12-03, 17:23
Perhaps after or when BDoY is released.....

maybe then Neocron will begin to soar. If not, I'll stick to Neocron until its no longer supported or until Neocron 2 arrives if it does.

The possibilities of a Neocron 2.....

What Neocron I think lacks is a feeling of being in a new world.

right now its just a fun game ^_^