PDA

View Full Version : Parashock / Freezer Return

Babes
19-12-03, 14:17
*Walks in...*

Since Monks still have a that bloody parashock BRING BACK FREEZERS ..I want a Freezer pistol for my TANK.

OR even a rare Freezer at least

*Ducks and Runs out.........*

Jesterthegreat
19-12-03, 14:19
i agree to an extent... if monks get powerful freezers everyone else should...

however then we will all moan that we are perma frozen :p

so... remove para!!1!1!oneone

Jadin Eleazar
19-12-03, 14:33
Nope, leave the freeze thing for the PPUs ONLY and increase frequency and range of the Holy Para. Moreover, increase the damage of the TL 8 parashock bolt so that PPU actually can kill something.

Buffs herself, casts Holy Deflector and shelter and waits for the enemy :D :angel:

Egeon
19-12-03, 14:34
Sorry Jadin, but if a monk has his godlike defenses and isn't killable by one person, why should he be able to kill one?

Judge
19-12-03, 14:35
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

more freezers is the last thing we fucking well want. Just remove Parashock from PvP COMPLETELY.

If they brought freezers back to how good they were I think that I might just quit. :(

Babes
19-12-03, 14:39
Originally posted by Judge
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

more freezers is the last thing we fucking well want. Just remove Parashock from PvP COMPLETELY.

If they brought freezers back to how good they were I think that I might just quit. :(

Yep Freezer would Nail your niffty little ass to the ground lol

*Thinks back to the glory days of Tank o Cron when an army of tanks could run into an OP Freeze everyone and Turn them all into backpacks in 3 min flat *..oh how i miss the glory days lol

Jesterthegreat
19-12-03, 14:39
Originally posted by Jadin Eleazar
Nope, leave the freeze thing for the PPUs ONLY and increase frequency and range of the Holy Para. Moreover, increase the damage of the TL 8 parashock bolt so that PPU actually can kill something.

Buffs herself, casts Holy Deflector and shelter and waits for the enemy :D :angel:

LMFAO

teh funneh

"boost holy para!" well its the first boost para post i have seen :p

Archeus
19-12-03, 14:40
The para glue effect to the low level para spells as mentioned may be a bug and will probably get changed.

Other then that, drugs combat para quite fine.

garyu69
19-12-03, 14:40
i have a freezer o_O

did i miss something?

Jesterthegreat
19-12-03, 14:41
Originally posted by garyu69
i have a freezer o_O

did i miss something?

i assume he maens "bring back freezers effectiveness" :p

Judge
19-12-03, 14:43
Originally posted by Babes
Yep Freezer would Nail your niffty little ass to the ground lol

*Thinks back to the glory days of Tank o Cron when an army of tanks could run into an OP Freeze everyone and Turn them all into backpacks in 3 min flat *..oh how i miss the glory days lol

Oh yeah and thats balanced right? Not that you're biased in the slightest. :rolleyes:

Aren't you the one who has two identical tanks on the same server?

Babes
19-12-03, 14:48
Oh yeah and thats balanced right? Not that you're biased in the slightest. :rolleyes:

Yep thats me
I have 3 tanks actualy Babes (HC Tank) babes. (MELEE Tank) 7/9 (Fire resistant / Recycle / HC / LE chip) <-- rares Hunter
2 SPY's (Reseacher-Implanter / (Contructor-Repair)
1 APU & 1 Pistol PE

And Your Point ?

All im saying is Either Everyone FREEZES or NO ONE FREEZES thats Balance

Jesterthegreat
19-12-03, 14:49

sorry... you consider the current setup (one weapon type, one class able to freeze) more balanced than this (rather tongue in cheek) suggestion (every class can freeze)?

there are 2 excuses used by people here and ingame. balance and role play and tbh its horse shit. if all you dont have a counter arguement... say you disagree. dont give a lame excuse.

i do it... i say i disagree with peeps... i dont say "balance" or "role play" as an excuse though :p

Shadow Dancer
19-12-03, 14:51
Parashock should just be made PvM only.

Also, there's not really anything in that game that if it happened, would make me quit. Oh except one thing, the return of freezers for all classes(funny enough, except apu).

Judge
19-12-03, 14:52
No I don't consider it more balanced. But I know that the game would be better with NO freezers, rather than everyone and their mum having one.

Duder
19-12-03, 14:53
Boost Parashock spells, so they are easier to cap and boost RoF, because you know, they were nerfed last patch, so its ok to ask for a boost all of a sudden.

Jesterthegreat
19-12-03, 14:54
No I don't consider it more balanced. But I know that the game would be better with NO freezers, rather than everyone and their mum having one. do you consider it less balanced for all classes to have it instead of one class?

Archeus
19-12-03, 14:55
I agree.. no freezers because if it wasn't for freezers I would be godlike! :D

Shadow Dancer
19-12-03, 14:56
Originally posted by Duder
Boost Parashock spells, so they are easier to cap and boost RoF, because you know, they were nerfed last patch, so its ok to ask for a boost all of a sudden.

lmao

Duder you crack me up.

Flyl
19-12-03, 14:58
Completly remove freezers, pistols, rifles, cannons, spells. All of them. And then give PPUs another toy to play with instead. That way everybody will be happy. Oh and when you do that remove the freeze function from Catharsis Sanctum and change it to damage sponge so anybody with Catharsis Sanctum up takes less damage =)

Judge
19-12-03, 14:59
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
do you consider it less balanced for all classes to have it instead of one class?

Ok, its early in the morning... err afternoon... and I've just woken up so I really cannot get my head round that statement. :(

Shadow Dancer
19-12-03, 15:05
I have an idea. I swear this isn't some wannabe nerf PPU post in disguise. Just listen damnit.

I propose parashock is made PvM. This will make ppus a freaking hell of alot harder to kill. Then we give every class some form of anti shelter(tanks) or anti-deflector(pes/spies)?

This will make all classes needed at op war. And it would be "ok" to need ppus because you won't automatically need another monk to kill them. Wait i'm not done, :p. This wouldn't be the "end" of ppus since parashock would be made PvM only, it would just balance out the fact that without parashock ppus would be nigh unkillable.

Now in exchange for parashock being made PvM, I have an idea for ppu toy. I was discussing this with Carinth, a new spell that will bring a new fun factor to being a ppu. TELEPORT!

What I suggested was this.

Teleport
Blessed Teleport
Holy Teleport
Crahn Divine Intervention

Teleport, teleports you to a random location on the world map.(like venture warp). Blessed teleport would be any location on the world map that is not locked GR. Holy teleport would be any location on the worldmap period. Crahn Divine Intervention, would be uhhhh maybe a group teleport. Like 2 other people max.

This would in no way overpower or screw over PvP. And don't tell me it's not a kickass spell. lol.

Oh yea and mana/rof requirements would be balanced by the devs.

And if that's not enough sugar for you, how about making higher level buffs ovveride lower ones? :p

Sefran
19-12-03, 15:09
Then ppu's would die so easy if any1 can anti-shelter besides, devourer can hurt ppu aswell now ..and its a teamgame why should a spy be able to anti shield a ppu? o,0

Egeon
19-12-03, 15:12
@SD: weaken/remove all deflector spells and there you have your monk weakness without additional stuff to program :p
Like it used to be at the start of retail...

Shadow Dancer
19-12-03, 15:13
Originally posted by Sefran
Then ppu's would die so easy if any1 can anti-shelter besides,

Nope. Totally not true.

Originally posted by Sefran
and its a teamgame why should a spy be able to anti shield a ppu? o,0

Puh leeze, this is about as far from a balanced "team"game as possible.

Each class(besides monk, duh :p) have yet to be "needed" in op wars like monks are.

Originally posted by Egeon
@SD: weaken/remove all deflector spells and there you have your monk weakness without additional stuff to program :p
Like it used to be at the start of retail...

O_o?

I wish KK would reward teamplay not enforce it.

GT_Rince
19-12-03, 15:13
I'm a PPU and even I agree that Parashock should be removed. There should be no rare para at all - Parashock beam does a good enough job as it is.

Giving everyone else freezers as well - ohhh dear... I can see the OP wars now - everyone crawling around trying to move :D

necrocon
19-12-03, 15:19
Originally posted by Babes
Yep thats me
I have 3 tanks actualy Babes (HC Tank) babes. (MELEE Tank) 7/9 (Fire resistant / Recycle / HC / LE chip) <-- rares Hunter
2 SPY's (Reseacher-Implanter / (Contructor-Repair)
1 APU & 1 Pistol PE

And Your Point ?

All im saying is Either Everyone FREEZES or NO ONE FREEZES thats Balance

so your saying by this either everyone uses a CS or no one does everyone uses HL or no one does Lib and PE frist love

how is this all balanced it is a monk spell

necrocon
19-12-03, 15:24
Hey SD how would that statement be totaly untrue if anyone can anti buff a PPU that they would be useless then since they would be without defenses?

Jesterthegreat
19-12-03, 15:24
Originally posted by necrocon
so your saying by this either everyone uses a CS or no one does everyone uses HL or no one does Lib and PE frist love

no

hes saying everyone should have a decent freeze - not everyone should have a particular item.

everyone has a decent attack (CS, ROLH, ROG, HL, etc etc) but PPU's. i know this.

IMO PPU's should have a defence nerf and an offense boost. PPU is Passive not Defensive...

:edit: and btw i dont mean make them hybrids... i mean add some new PPU spells which damage - however this is onyl possible assuming they get a defence nerf. and i wouldnt expect it to be APU damage with nerfed PPU defence either - still the lowest of all classes... but they would still have the best defenses (just not god like ones)

Duder
19-12-03, 15:26
And how is being passive mean having more offense?

So by your logic, APUs are now the ultimate passive people in the NC universe now?

Jesterthegreat
19-12-03, 15:30
Originally posted by Duder
And how is being passive mean having more offense?

So by your logic, APUs are now the ultimate passive people in the NC universe now?

it is not having "leet" offensive - but passive it not purely defensive. i think a class that does no damage while being pure support... ok its viable. however for that class to be godlike too... thats just wrong.

maybe a better solution would be to nerf self cast holy / blessed s/d...

s/d 'd peeps are harder to kill than normal - but not invunrable. in my eyes this is what a PPU should be in terms of defence. hard to kil, a great asset to a team, but not essential.

Babes
19-12-03, 15:31

*Reads Post again* Nope dont put words in my mouth. The Question is simple Necrocon

"Remover Parashock spells or Bring back the Freezer weapons."

necrocon
19-12-03, 15:32
erm ok so then monks should have an xray spell cause we dont have any at this time

so that we all have some form of equal attacks like the para all or none concept?

that must be the trade off monks dont get xray damage and everoyne else has that chance in there high profesion market

any class can use the TL 8 para bolt if they go passive

Shadow Dancer
19-12-03, 15:32
Hey SD how would that statement be totaly untrue if anyone can anti buff a PPU that they would be useless then since they would be without defenses?

Saying they would be without defenses is a big fat exaggeration. You dont' see ppus automatically falling in the first minute of op wars right? Of course not. Now without parasock they would be way harder to kill. An anti-shelter or anti-deflector against a good ppu will NOT kill him, trust me. And i'm sure the "big" ppus can attest to that.

Also, it would be balanced by giving it a slow ass rof and maybe some other penalty like 3% SI so it can't be spammed.

Duder
19-12-03, 15:35
I rather like the boost all shelters and deflector to uber level, maybe make shelters and deflectors not time based, but the shelters have their own "hitpoints" so they absorb a limited ammount of damage before they leave, and sledgehammer nerf heals.

More emphasis on shields, less on heals and ress, they should only be there to when you fucked up, heal when you get too damaged to carry on, ress when you screwed up and died and expect the PPU to ress your ass for 24 seconds.

necrocon
19-12-03, 15:39
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Saying they would be without defenses is a big fat exaggeration. You dont' see ppus automatically falling in the first minute of op wars right? Of course not. Now without parasock they would be way harder to kill. An anti-shelter or anti-deflector against a good ppu will NOT kill him, trust me. And i'm sure the "big" ppus can attest to that.

Also, it would be balanced by giving it a slow ass rof and maybe some other penalty like 3% SI so it can't be spammed.

ok so PPUs dont fall in the first minute how do they become harder to kill if you remove the parashock

and then I cant shock you and you can remove both my deflector and my shelter

and the second little paragraph tehre giving what a slow rof and SI for what?

Jesterthegreat
19-12-03, 15:40
erm ok so then monks should have an xray spell cause we dont have any at this time

so that we all have some form of equal attacks like the para all or none concept?

that must be the trade off monks dont get xray damage and everoyne else has that chance in there high profesion market

any class can use the TL 8 para bolt if they go passive

and spies / PE's should get poison.

i agree and i think al lclasses should be able to do any damage type. not jus tall classes... all weapon lines.

drones - i have no idea why these have never been slotted... but i would love to see an xray particle nemesis drone, or a heated holy lightning...

and we all know the TL 8 para doesnt come close to holy para. im not even saying that all classes have holy para strength freezers... but givce them something high. i think (if para stays ingame) PPU's should be the best at freezing. i think APU's should be the best at pure damage. however i dont think that because of that other classes should have to put up with shitty counterparts.

:edit: @ duder thats another idea - sounds like a fairly good one too. i can see AoE having a use as tanks pound the OP Defenders to kill the buffs while other classes rush in just in time for the tanks to stop firing, put AoE away, and charge in

Shadow Dancer
19-12-03, 15:40

and then I cant shock you and you can remove both my deflector and my shelter

o_O

Are you serious dude? Do you know how hard it is to kill a good ppu who is running around at mach 5?

and the second little paragraph tehre giving what a slow rof and SI for what?

For the other classes using an anti-deflector or shelter tool.

necrocon
19-12-03, 15:41
duder that is an interesting idea at least lol then damage on a PPU shelter could mean something perhaps like influence how many HPs a shelter would have before it fails though right now I like the what 4 minutes it lasts in caves mmmmm what would that be like 6 thousand hps of damage

*I am a new PPU forgive me for what I say wrong*

Jesterthegreat
19-12-03, 15:44
tbh i see s/d as having different HP levels due to the damage of the spell and the health of the recipiant.

maybe capped damage will cast a shelter with 200% of the health of the recipiant?

necrocon
19-12-03, 15:45
well I know I am prob the only non power player and could be one just by asking you ingame since were friends *I think*

but I dont run at mach 5 impairment like that would be sort of interesting would not last long knock some peeps out of armor and weapons since I know I always stretch to use stuff always fun to use what is just out of your reach

greploco
19-12-03, 15:47
I've never understood this "no freezer" thing

yes, they have needed to be modulated here and there - and that's what devs are doing

as for the original point on thread, it's not bad -- exept for the fact that the freezer cannon is worthless

yes I know, the author said pistol - but that's not the tank wepon, freezer cannon is. and right now it's a useless wepon

Jesterthegreat
19-12-03, 15:50
Originally posted by greploco
and right now it's a useless wepon

unlike the freezer pistol / rifle / melee which is far from useless "right now"

[/sarcasm]

O_o

kurai
19-12-03, 15:51
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo !

Just kill *all* freeze/para effects. Do it now.

necrocon
19-12-03, 15:52
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
and spies / PE's should get poison.

i agree and i think al lclasses should be able to do any damage type. not jus tall classes... all weapon lines.

drones - i have no idea why these have never been slotted... but i would love to see an xray particle nemesis drone, or a heated holy lightning...

and we all know the TL 8 para doesnt come close to holy para. im not even saying that all classes have holy para strength freezers... but givce them something high. i think (if para stays ingame) PPU's should be the best at freezing. i think APU's should be the best at pure damage. however i dont think that because of that other classes should have to put up with shitty counterparts.

erm they have some poison not sure how high nail guns go erm anyone ahh neocron.ems.ru brb

eww TL 31 how about a new nail gun

and the TL 102 para spell uses half my psi to cast like I want to use that all day

PEs are pretty nice still I thought work great for me on saturn though I love pluto its my home just vacation on saturn its Kais version of mario bros

*I had a slotted drone in beta couldnt mod it though had an 8 slot poison also again no mods in beta for spells though :-(

spies are not close combat are they hence like sniper rifles and no frigin armor worth mentioning tehy hack poke research construct and are core snipers. and I have finaly again lommed my monk from construction I change jobs like underware lol Is a poker now

What about mods for melee like why could an energy blade do fire damage and energy simult

evs
19-12-03, 15:53
i think we should nerf pot noodles

they are too nice

esp chick n mushy mmmmmmmmmm

on the subject of 'bring back freezers for all classes - or at least boost them'

to me reads too much like a peep who has 3 tanks and gets frozen and owned a lot due to this.

hell youve just been given 2 new weapons and a melee boost - why not give you holy para style freezers as well?

as yeah - that would be fun :rolleyes:

greploco
19-12-03, 15:53
btw, the devs are on the right road with modulating monk freezer

I know several monks already who no longer use it because it takes so long to cast and uses so much energy

Peeping Tom
19-12-03, 15:58
FFS REMOVE THE FUCKING FREEZERS \ PARASPELLS FUCKING NOOBS
K4F

Babes
19-12-03, 15:59
Originally posted by greploco

yes I know, the author said pistol - but that's not the tank wepon, freezer cannon is. and right now it's a useless wepon

Tanks can LOM points into Pistol combat and still use a Freezer Pistols because they could run with it. I very rarely used a freezer cannon myself. After the Freezer NERF most tanks lomed there pistol combat away

necrocon
19-12-03, 16:03
ok since i never used freezers as a spy or pe what did this nerf entail that everyone is crying over?

Peeping Tom
19-12-03, 16:05
ok since i never used freezers as a spy or pe what did this nerf entail that everyone is crying over?
freezer pistols\rifles\cannons used to very strong similar to parashock..
but after alot of bitching it got nerfed :) and most ppl are glad for it..
but some fucking noobs want it back it seems
K4F

Babes
19-12-03, 16:07
Originally posted by evs

to me reads too much like a peep who has 3 tanks and gets frozen and owned a lot due to this.

hell youve just been given 2 new weapons and a melee boost - why not give you holy para style freezers as well?

as yeah - that would be fun :rolleyes:

You a PPU monk or do you always resort to Personal attacks in defense of your argument.
*turns a way and rests her case on that point*

The Question posed at the begining of the thread is the discussion not me, I just like to read peoples responses to a old "HOT TOPIC" i.e. throw the cat among the pigeons.

evs
19-12-03, 16:16
You a PPU monk or do you always resort to Personal attacks in defense of your argument.

No ppu, but i also look at who is asking for silly things on forums.

I rest my case.

Jesterthegreat
19-12-03, 16:42
erm they have some poison not sure how high nail guns go erm anyone ahh neocron.ems.ru brb

eww TL 31 how about a new nail gun

and the TL 102 para spell uses half my psi to cast like I want to use that all day

PEs are pretty nice still I thought work great for me on saturn though I love pluto its my home just vacation on saturn its Kais version of mario bros

*I had a slotted drone in beta couldnt mod it though had an 8 slot poison also again no mods in beta for spells though :-(

spies are not close combat are they hence like sniper rifles and no frigin armor worth mentioning tehy hack poke research construct and are core snipers. and I have finaly again lommed my monk from construction I change jobs like underware lol Is a poker now

What about mods for melee like why could an energy blade do fire damage and energy simult

1. punctuation... please. ok if you are not a natural english speaker then im sorry and i applaud youe effort - but its just not easy to read.

2. you say spies are not close combat... i beg to differ. besides - how can you endorse punishing people for getting out of cookie cutters? (witht the weapon still in their main skill. i am not expecting a melee spy or APU tank boost here)