PDA

View Full Version : BT/TT epics near impossible

\\Fényx//
19-12-03, 13:56
lol well thanx to the new ubarguards the BT and TT epics are bloody impossible without a army of PPUs stapled to your ass...

you have to run into the opposing factions HQ's and kill the director of operations, for BT you gotta goto the TT HQ and run past 6 guards, and kill the director with a guard standin next to him, and same for the biotech one . . . o_O

Stigmata
19-12-03, 13:58
lol well thanx to the new ubarguards the BT and TT epics are bloody impossible without a army of PPUs stapled to your ass...

you have to run into the opposing factions HQ's and kill the director of operations, for BT you gotta goto the TT HQ and run past 6 guards, and kill the director with a guard standin next to him, and same for the biotech one

i did the biotech epic yesterday on my apu was a piece of piss ran in killed boss ran out, did not get shot once

\\Fényx//
19-12-03, 14:02
Originally posted by stigmata
i did the biotech epic yesterday on my apu was a piece of piss ran in killed boss ran out, did not get shot once

:(

my tank in biotech HQ gets 2 warnings then all hell breaks loose . . .

Stigmata
19-12-03, 14:03
biotech should be easy as fuck to run into

past the 2 guards, run round the corner turn left no guards follow, kill chief guy run out.

job done

Jesterthegreat
19-12-03, 14:04
run fast / stealth and you should make it. this is just what i have heard as i personally havent done either before or after the patch :p

MjukisDjur
19-12-03, 14:05
I can see Fenyx infront of me:

Fenyx : Excuse me mr Director. Im here to kill you.

*Silence. Director keeps typing on keyboard*

Fenyx : Hrm, I SAID IM HERE TO KI...
*blam blam blam, guard wastes Fenyx*

sorry, couldnt help myself

RayBob
19-12-03, 14:30
stigmata > Fényx

O_o

WebShock
19-12-03, 15:18
anyone try to do the mission that takes you to catlock bay during the tt epic?

LOL the npc you have to talk to is guarded by 2 tg guards. as long as that bastard talks, you have no chance

Valkyrie
19-12-03, 15:37
Pfft when i did it the Catlock area was stuffed full of Ys as well as the usual TG gaurds and fire mobs.

J. Folsom
19-12-03, 15:40
Originally posted by Valkyrie
Pfft when i did it the Catlock area was stuffed full of Ys as well as the usual TG gaurds and fire mobs. ... It still has those too, the only difference is that the TG guards are now 120/120 instead of 80/80.

But anyway, best way to get through that mission is having a friend to distract them, or having a stealth which lasts long enough to rush through the conversation with the guy.

necrocon
19-12-03, 16:01
when I idid catlock I was knee deep in ys wbs and TG scum with all of FF and spirit there then I flapped my arms like chicken man erm from lethal weapon 4 and everything was crushed

ahh its nice to be a god in my own dreams

erm the dude was in the tower for me I ran drove up in a rhino jumped out climed up very fast talked jumped onto the tank and drove away

now for the last part of the epic the conversation that was meant by the starter of this thread

well pre patch I raided TT for like 2 hours as an apu I had a PPU straped to me of course and killed 7 guards at a time now as a PPU I wont even step inside

*I didnt do my damn mission before I lommed to PPU how am I going to kill the leader as a PPU*

please I am open to sugestions

Mumblyfish
19-12-03, 16:07
Suicide.

You've got to remember you're killing one of the most important people in the enemy faction. Don't expect to get out alive.

Possible solutions - put an LE in (probably the easiest) then keep hammering at it until you kill him, since there's no belt drop. Or, Unequip everything bar your best weapon, put in in slot one, then run in like a maniac, kill him, then just wait till you get slaughtered.

Elric
20-12-03, 01:32
Originally posted by stigmata

same here, it was last week though.

DonnyJepp
20-12-03, 02:03
I did the BT epic with my melee tank on Sunday. In/out not a shot fired at me. Easy money. Watched my m8 do it with his APU a couple days later, same story.

Maybe you're running too slow? Getting a bad zone lag on the way in so you have lost 5 seconds already?

/edit: Saturn

extract
20-12-03, 03:35
I did the epic today on pluto on my /35 hybrid. I was actually doing the epic alongside someone i didnt really know but he went in to the TT HQ first(wanted to see if he got wasted =D) he came out like 1 min later unscathed.....told me where dude was and i go in....didnt even get to the second floor and got wasted.....went a second time after pokes and all about 10 mins later...same story.....finally the third time I made it to the director with like 10HP luckily i killed him before he shot back or id have died again...died again on the way out but fuck it epic was done and i was happy.....basically dont know why i got owned so much and he didnt even get shot at.....but then again it wouldnt be an epic mission if it wasnt hard as shit......

Mr_Snow
20-12-03, 03:40
did the bt one the other day with my spy and had no hassle

GambitFlame
20-12-03, 19:08
yes yes people have done it fine but for some reason i get 10x the amount of grief as soon as i walk through the door.

Ah well god bless stealth :)

Psyco Groupie
20-12-03, 19:38
your clearly not as amazing at veterox

Spex
21-12-03, 21:57
Hmm ... I had no trouble killing the boss today in TT HQ ... I got shot only once on the way in and had a nice firework on the way out :D Although when I entered the HQ the guards in there already had some trouble with other runners ... so dunno how it would have been without them.

According to the way the faction guards (should) work now its probably a very bad idea to enter the HQ with a highly negative sympathy towards BT/TT.

•Super|\|ova•
21-12-03, 22:59
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
You've got to remember you're killing one of the most important people in the enemy faction. Don't expect to get out alive.

I totally agree.

Egeon
21-12-03, 23:31
Originally posted by Mumblyfish

Did the TT epic and killed the BT Director of Operations. Wasn't a problem at all... didn't even get shot once :)

It was far more difficult to get to the contact guy at Catlock Bay. The TG Guards where there quite a problem... I had to distract one of them, so I was able at all to get to that guy... Almost died a few times, but I still were able to complete the epic :)

\\Fényx//
21-12-03, 23:47
Originally posted by Egeon
Did the TT epic and killed the BT Director of Operations. Wasn't a problem at all... didn't even get shot once :)

It was far more difficult to get to the contact guy at Catlock Bay. The TG Guards where there quite a problem... I had to distract one of them, so I was able at all to get to that guy... Almost died a few times, but I still were able to complete the epic :)

is this before or after the patche tho, with the very aggro uber breed of guard ?

Ryuben
22-12-03, 02:36
that is one thing the agro of the guards needs toneing down

Egeon
22-12-03, 03:12
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
is this before or after the patche tho, with the very aggro uber breed of guard ?
It's after the patch.
The Bt guards only gave me two warnings, but I could make it in and out of the BT HQ without any guard shooting at me.
The TG guards are another (aggressive) story :)