PDA

View Full Version : natural character weaknesses

emoticon
19-12-03, 10:35
What are the natural weaknesses of each type of class? I only know that APU monks are weak to pierce, but what about other classes?

naimex
19-12-03, 10:37
first of all everything depends on resist setup
second of all everything depends on resist setup
last of all what doesnt work in 1 and 2 = everything depends on implants setup ^^

^^

nah seriously.. it all depends on the resists and implants setup..

Shadow Dancer
19-12-03, 10:39
I don't think any class is meant to have a natural weakness in terms of resists.

Varaem
19-12-03, 10:59
Spies: particularly vulnerable to force. No one else really has a weakness...

Dissenter
19-12-03, 11:33
Hmm cant really think of one for PEs, but I'd say the majority of people aren't specced for poison, unless they are pistol and could get away with a proto chip and a filter 2.

[edit]Does proto give poison? i can't remember :p

amfest
19-12-03, 11:35
Personally I think everyone SHOULD have a weakness .. and no magical number crunching of resists should change that ... you should have to make a choice of what you are weak to . . . and if you try and throw numbers on each type then you will suffer alot. But I guess that won't happen really

kurai
19-12-03, 13:57
Originally posted by Varaem
Spies: particularly vulnerable to force. No one else really has a weakness... Erm ... :confused:

It's not terribly hard to max force protection on a spy (armour & resists combined).

Poison is a spies weakest area - leaving aside drugs the only counter available is a poison belt, but that leaves a *massive* hole in energy.
(or in fire, if you are weird enough to wear that belt by default instead)

We simply haven't got enough CON to afford to spec any poison without dropping in less than 2 secs from the much more ubiquitous energy/fire damage.

Luckily poison implemention has some drawbacks in implementation compared to other damage types, so it's not an insurmountable problem.

To be honest, even with capped defence against a given type, *any* form of damage is a spies biggest enemy :D

We simply havent got the health/heal/PSI capability to absorb much of anything. (Hence the need for stealth to get us on the playing field *at all*)

Jesterthegreat
19-12-03, 14:00
Originally posted by Varaem
Spies: particularly vulnerable to force. No one else really has a weakness...

my uncapped spy has 190 / 200 force / pierce (i forget which ones weaker though)

everyone has to wake up and realise a spy can near cap all but one resist. personally i sacrifise poison for other resists and i do fine

We simply havent got the health/heal/PSI capability to absorb much of anything. (Hence the need for stealth to get us on the playing field *at all*) my spy could outheal a grim when he had his 5 slot heal... :p only one grim at a time mind (and this is with deflecter / heal / heal sanc / medikit)

kurai
19-12-03, 14:04
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
my spy could outheal a grim when he had his 5 slot heal... :p only one grim at a time mind (and this is with deflecter / heal / heal sanc / medikit) And a heavy fire belt, I'd imagine.

Where does that leave you versus energy ? ;)

Jesterthegreat
19-12-03, 14:07
nah med nrg belt (uncapped int)

however my setup has good resists (weakness for me - poison)

and fire vs nrg? right now fire > energy... but only cos i cant access heavy belts yet