PDA

View Full Version : Setup help PLEASE

NeoChick
19-12-03, 06:11
OK I got our computer guy in the office to set up my computer so I can access NC. He has set it up so in the launcher it does not show the server number that I copy in from the start screen but it shows our work server, I don't quite understand all that and it kind of seems to work.

But what he cannot work out is this, when I log to NC I get as far as where I chose Pluto, Saturn etc. Then when I chose one of those it says "connecting to logon server" but it never does, it keeps on coming back to the screen with Pluto, Saturn etc.

What are we doing wrong?

Psycho_Soldier
19-12-03, 08:19
Just by reading that it seems as though you need to give alot more details as to what he did. Also have you tried 62.140.29.54 (retail IP)?

naimex
19-12-03, 10:35
firewalls, router, nc, windows, internet, ISP, you, computer guy ^^

these are all variables that can cause ur problem...

combined... theres a hell of a lot of things that can be wrong...

Spex
19-12-03, 11:39
Hmm, I don't think he can do much about this unless he gets more information about how the whole client-server communication is working (i.e. there is a hell lot of UDP traffic going on if the game is actually running). Best is a computer with a working NC where you can "sniff" at the communication, find out what type of packets and what ports have to open/need to be proxied and then he can setup the your computer/the proxy/firewall accordingly. Talk to your computer guy how to do that :)

PS: I'm behind a DNAT router and never did any special setup for Neocron, so unless your company uses a proxy firewall the setup should be kinda easy.

El_MUERkO
19-12-03, 13:12
The firewall could be stopping the client from connecting to the internet, the client and the launcher are separate programs and while the launcher might let you chose the server it then tells the client to connect to it.

kurai
19-12-03, 13:16
See http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66081

You need to get your network guy to add the individual server IPs to the allowed list as well as the login server (62.140.29.54)

Edit : Yeah - what Psycho Groupie says below as well - UDP as well as TCP needed

Psyco Groupie
19-12-03, 13:27
sounds like you've only got the tcp ports open, you'll need to open up udp ports too

kreal
19-12-03, 17:11
NeocronLauncher opens on port 8040... then runs on the port you define in your LOCALHOST="bla"

Then the Neocron Proxy server that geather us all in one is running on Port 12000 UDP and TCP...

Correct me if i'm wrong

Sex

Drexel
19-12-03, 17:22
Uuuuggghhh.... Smash wif rock. Ha

Spoon
19-12-03, 19:44
Originally posted by Drexel
Uuuuggghhh.... Smash wif rock. Ha

8|

If you use an advanced Firewall, make sure that the following ports are open for Neocron:
TCP/IP: 7000, 8020, 8040, 12000 (all remote)

UDP: 6000, 6001 (both local); 5000 - 5016 (all remote)

Playing games at work, geeez.........:rolleyes:

:lol: