PDA

View Full Version : -brainport- shorter rezz in non-warzones

sw1tch
19-12-03, 02:56
admitatly i havent thought this through a lot as to whether people could use it to their advantage somehow, and i dont know how it would be implimented in the story,

but they should keep the long rezz in warzones, but have a shorter rezz time (maybe a bit longer than pre patch) in hunting and anarchy zones

I assume KK's nerf to the rezz is to make OP wars more fun (which i think it has) but the long rezz times in hunting zones and safe zones is just plain boring.

Allowing rezzing to be shorter in non warzones, keeps the fun of OP wars, but removes the pain of waiting for a rezz, as the longer time doesnt really do much.

thoughts? (plz vote)

Psycho Killa
19-12-03, 03:35
No.... your DEAD

your right you shouldnt deal with the 40 second inconvenience of DEATH in non opzones heh.

Res was never intended to be as fast as it was nor was it until all the specilization for ppus came into play.

Shadow Dancer
19-12-03, 03:36
No. Op wars and war zone fighting aren't the end all be all of PvP. And certainly not the only places where PPUs abused the ressurection spell.

As a matter of fact, in addition to the long rezz time, their should be a timer that forces the corpse to auto-gr after some time.

amfest
19-12-03, 04:08
No.... your DEAD

:D

Learn to be more careful, apparently you're hunting with a PPU. Be thankful for that alone, cause it should be a luxary. Someone who can help you to survive, but if you do die they can bring you back to life where you fell. If you feel you can't wait for this miracle to occur (pfft like it's really that long for what it's accomplishing) then you can GR out and suffer those consquences of SI and imps popping out. Which in then would get you to play the part of looking for a poker or what not during that SI time.

Spell Checker
19-12-03, 04:24
luxary
Luxury.

consquences
Consequences.

ressurection
Resurrection.

admitatly
Admittedly.

havent
Haven't.

implimented
Implemented.

dont
Don't.

doesnt
Doesn't.
-----------------------------

I don't like this idea myself, I think Shadow Dancer has pointed out the main reasons so there is little point in reiterating them. The resurrect spell does not take that long to cast anyway, it is only noticeably bad during fights.

Shadow Dancer
19-12-03, 04:29
hahhahahah

Spell-checker PLEASE post more. :D

Psycho Killa
19-12-03, 04:31
Uh oh im running what i post through a spell checker from now on.
Don't do grammar please! I beg you!

KRIMINAL99
19-12-03, 04:42
PVP on a small scale is just as important or more so than OP wars. MAYBE this would be a good idea for just hunting zones.

WebShock
19-12-03, 17:43
Originally posted by Spell Checker
Luxury.

Consequences.

Resurrection.

Admittedly.

Haven't.

Implemented.

Don't.

Doesn't.

I don't like this idea myself, I think Shadow Dancer has pointed out the main reasons so there is little point in reiterating them. The resurrect spell does not take that long to cast anyway, it is only noticeably bad during fights. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

someone made a nick solely to be grammar police :lol: :lol: :lol:

KRIMINAL99
19-12-03, 17:46
Originally posted by WebShock
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

someone made a nick solely to be grammar police :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its prolly just someone's alt account... Whoever it is will prolly just follow themselves around on the forum so they can claim someone agrees with them and is on their side :/

Spell Checker
19-12-03, 17:58
Its prolly just someone's alt account... Whoever it is will prolly just follow themselves around on the forum so they can claim someone agrees with them and is on their side :/

The Spell Checker very rarely has an opinion on things.

This word 'alt' is new to me, I had to check my database to understand the meaning of it but now I know what it is.

------------------
alt
adj.
Pitched in the first octave above the treble staff; high.

n.
The first octave above the treble staff.
A note or tone in the alt octave.
------------------

This does not fit the context of your sentence though.

phunqe
19-12-03, 18:08
roflmao @ Spell Checker

:D

[TgR]KILLER
19-12-03, 18:23
erm... like its not only WAR zones thats a problem.. well ok with the new security in TH the prob is gone atm.. but we used to get raids like hell and no way of winning with a PPU rezzing all the time..

tuxy
19-12-03, 18:56
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
No. Op wars and war zone fighting aren't the end all be all of PvP.

yes they are why do you think kk put the 120/120 guards in faction hq's and in pepper park, to stop all fighting outside op wars of course

Keyol45743241
19-12-03, 19:19
why do you think kk put the 120/120 guards in faction hq's and in pepper park, to stop all fighting outside op wars of course Err... excuse me, but that is complete and utter rubbish. We - that is us and our trusty Rhino called the Generep Express - are mowing down TGs or CMs left and right at the Battledome or somewhere else in the world which accidentally happens to be NOT a warzone. Why should they be able to rezz there faster and get back to combat quicker than before? Itīs still combat, even PvP combat, after all. :rolleyes:

But I could agree on the "levelzone" since our Rhino doesn't fit in there anyways :rolleyes::p. No, for real.. act more careful, don't die that often, don't rush ahead in the Chaos Cave when you're a knivewielding spy. More than just once I died in the cave by sheer recklesness, I felt safe and comfortable, even bored by having a PPU with me.

g0rt
19-12-03, 20:15
Originally posted by Spell Checker
Luxury.

Consequences.

Resurrection.

Admittedly.

Haven't.

Implemented.

Don't.

Doesn't.

I don't like this idea myself, I think Shadow Dancer has pointed out the main reasons so there is little point in reiterating them. The resurrect spell does not take that long to cast anyway, it is only noticeably bad during fights.

I'm really, really, really glad my life isn't THAT boring.

Scikar
19-12-03, 22:11
This could get interesting when Spell Checker meets Don't Mess and Shujin. :)

As mentioned already, PvP does not only happen at OP wars. Small scale fights are more common in non-warzones like Pepper, MB etc (even if they are a bit less common than previously with the new guards). In such a small scale, quick rez was even more of a problem.

EDIT: Just saw Spell Checker's full translation of a Don't Mess post. Never mind.