PDA

View Full Version : Monks nerf

ponders
18-12-03, 23:31
A lot has been said about monk nerfs etc over the recent weeks .
Many people agree monks are overpowered . you only have to go to an outpost fight to see that the main percentage of people are monks . I think its improved slightly since the nerfs , but its still not enough .

However unlike most other people i think nerfing people who spend hours leveling and setting up characters is wrong .They pay for the pleasure to play and many have to go through the misery of being nerfed .

well one question i have is : I have been playing since retail and i dont remmeber monks being powerful like they are back a year ago ? how the hell did they get like that ? (yes i know they were boosted in a patch :-) i mean being so overpowered ) .

Also thing s like being able to shoot through walls , not being able to get out the way if you been targeted and shot . if you are being shot by a beam etc you cant see where its coming from ? these are big advantages without being overpowered .

All said and done , i still dissagree with nerfs . so what other answers are there?

I would like some serious suggestions , not just a load of flames and people moaning etc .

One Idea i have ( this is a basic idea that i welcome advice and input from anyone in the community ) is as follows :-

How about a psi resist belt ( one where the psi resist actualy works) and rather than static figures have percentacge figures like a Tank belt that reduces APU dammage by 30 % but reduces PPU heals and possibly sheilds by the same or maybe a little more . but at the same time it could reduce the PPU effect of hostile PPU like holy paralysis (the 30 % is just a figure off the top of my head it could be any figure ) and private eyes could have a slightly higher % belt and spys a higher % still . the belts could also maybe carry a penalty maybe of a type of dammage that monks can`t use .

this would make fights with more classes a real skill of setup , and would encourage more classes to play .

this type of belt may even have other uses with other types of resist belts with % resists but with % penalties .

Remmeber this is only a rough idea . I would rather see the game move forward rather than pissing people of nerfing their hard work all the time .

I would appreciate some sencible suggetions from the community that may help use improve the game .

-=Blasehase=-
18-12-03, 23:35
NERF THE PPUS!!!!!!!!!!!

& NERF THE APUS!!!!!

then NERF TEH SPYS & TANKS

then is all allright ^^

Shadow Dancer
18-12-03, 23:54
I don't think monks are overpowered, I just think thier overimportant.

And I don't like your belt idea, nor do I think it will actually solve anything.

MjukisDjur
19-12-03, 12:11
*punches Ponders in the face*

Stop it allready. Beef up the other classes a bit instead.
Look how the tank received some luvin...

19-12-03, 12:24
Delete freeze spells or make em PvM only and make poison direct damage instead of damage over time (it would stop a lot of SL exploiting) and NC is balanced IMO.

Comie
19-12-03, 12:30
Originally posted by -=Blasehase=-
NERF THE PPUS!!!!!!!!!!!

& NERF THE APUS!!!!!

then is all allright ^^

sady yu can see it happening so much that in the future it'll be

*tank shoots spy* 1 point of damage comes off
*spy shoots tank* 1 point of damage comes off
*tank pulls out CS, shoots a burst* 1 point of damage comes off - again

*sigh* - "only 230 more hps to chip off

then they'll want resists nerfed, and then it will become instagib

Sefran
19-12-03, 12:55
Ony thing that should change imo, is if u cast a holy heal it should be weaker on the CASTED person but NOT on the ppu itself or any other char....else everything will get fucked over if they use sledghammer against holy heal again...

Original monk
19-12-03, 12:59
Originally posted by -=Blasehase=-
NERF THE PPUS!!!!!!!!!!!

& NERF THE APUS!!!!!

then is all allright ^^

see here the biggest example of the atitude of the forum, i know blasehase posted this sarcasticly (joking about the monkproblem) but it draws a distinct characteristic about how the attitude is around here, nerf all classes and boost the PE, its not the specialized chars fault that the people have chosen a non-specialization char...

about the monks: nope in the old days they wherent "that" overpowerd, its yust: monks evolved to fast for tanks to keep up with, this is changing now with the new weapons (devourer,ravager) but still a weapon cant "balance" a class ...

+ the fact that you had alot of hybrids, and besides what other people say the hybrids wherent that overpowerd: they got nerfed because a small group (max 10-15%) of all hybrids wanted to push there chars to the limits ... and over the limits ...
Its not like evry hybrid could use holy para/ parabeam and holy lighting/FA togheter ... me for example i was a ppuhybrid that could yust use a simple holy energyhalo so i could solo mobs or scare away an attacker ... i dont think every hybrid back then had a PvPkillersetup, they yust punished ALL hybrids (not punished but killed actually) for the small amount of retards that where yust looking for a powerfull class that they could, and i call it "ABUSE" to so called "OWN" in pvp ... yes those are the same people that will rerrol or start a PE or SPY or TANK as soon as these classes become overpowerd ... 2 bad for all the people that loved playing a hybrid to level and hunt parts etc ...

After the monknerf about 95% of all monks went pure: this meaning that they had or bad defense or bad offense but extremely good offence in the first example and extremely good defense in the last example ... there is no "real" middleroad (unless ya start with experimental setups, kami/ds or if ya wanna do pvm only ..) combination of 2 of em, meaning: pure apu+ pure ppu, makes some kind over ULTRAhybrid ...

Yes, this improves teamwork, but did it "nerf" the monk ? au contraire ....

I saw alot of suggestions about the problem allready, but no-real solutions .. maybe they should rezzurect the hybrid and make em viable again so we have less pures running around ?
How about 5 or 10 % less nerf on both sides ?? so we dont have all pure's running around ... altough they will never do this cause it would be admitting they over-nerfed ... or does reakktor really thinks that the hybrids are viable or balanced ?? i dunno

Ponders: youre belt idea is good but isnt sufficient enough to "balance" monks, people are to lazy to make a new setup only to resist to monks .. they want easy simple setups that they can copy from the forum and from friends ... maybe adjust a bit ...
But real new experimental setups are rare, and most people "abuse" the testserver to make there setups ... wich is lame and the reason why the testserver should be a closed server with a select thrustworthy group of testers.

anways,

a good job ya tought over the problem and any solutions are always welcome, i hope KK will read the thread, the problem stays alive i think, cause monks are still a popular subject to discuss :)

good luck playing and cu online, ingame

Archeus
19-12-03, 13:20
I dont think PPU monks are overpowered now.

I base this on the fact that the last week or so there has been a huge increase of the number of people wanting pokes.

Crest
19-12-03, 13:24
When one class kills another on a regular basis, and the owner of the char being killed shouts nerf this class ... thats what happens

EG. Tanks were strong, they got killed off ... so what happens is Monks were second strongest then ... they become strongest ... When KK finished with killing Monks .. then PE are next .... with stealth and all ... after that back to tanks .... its all about the game evolving... Watch this space ... tanks new toys being killed off again ....

Psyco Groupie
19-12-03, 13:24
you could just boost other chars slightly - but atm i think its real good balance .. sure monks are the largest percentage at op wars but thats because ppus are needed and apus are the easiest to fight with, tanks are still very useful at op wars .. aoe etc and so are pes .. but with pistol pes being able to hack ops spies are the only ones properly left out