PDA

View Full Version : Capping INT with the money

Tickles
18-12-03, 22:08
I remember seeing ppl saying that u can cap INT in a few hours with like 6 mil and well placed buying and selling, and was wondering if anyone could elaborate on that.

Mumblyfish
18-12-03, 22:09
Yes, ages ago.

AAAAAAAAAAGES ago.

Not doable now, thank God. Levelling off bartering is nigh impossible.

Tickles
18-12-03, 22:10
:( I swear i saw ppl recently saying it. I just wanna cap my INT on test server where money is very availible.

Eddie
18-12-03, 22:15
That's what LoMs are for on the TS. (When they work)

And this discussion shouldn't be in here if you *really* care about the TS.

Eddie

Tickles
18-12-03, 22:18
Shhh lol. Nah the Loms arn't working, and i wanna get a constructor going on it.

naimex
18-12-03, 22:20
it still works

whenever you buy something you get a small amount of INT

(due to the "character barter" no matter if you have barter or not, everything still has a standard price, and whenever you buy something. then it is a price you have "bartered" yourself to even without barter and therefore you get a minimal amount of INT exp from buying)

Xian
18-12-03, 22:21
I polished off my Tanks INT by buying a cannon - so I guess it's still possible in some small way.

Tickles
18-12-03, 22:22
Originally posted by naimex
it still works

whenever you buy something you get a small amount of INT

(due to the "character barter" no matter if you have barter or not, everything still has a standard price, and whenever you buy something. then it is a price you have "bartered" yourself to even without barter and therefore you get a minimal amount of INT exp from buying) ..

Yeah i just made a lvl selling and buying some stuff and spent 18mil. Lol Fun

Kimiko
18-12-03, 22:40
If its on the test server - depending on how much money you have, buying and selling single expensive items lots of times (dont buy stacks) gives ok experience. But it'll take more than 6 million.

Spex
19-12-03, 01:57
Even back in beta4 it took tons of money to cap your int with money. And I talk about amounts where 6 mio credits are peanuts :p

greploco
19-12-03, 04:42
used to be that a 0/0 could knife some uber mob from a safe position and gain a HUGE amount of XP, or proper use of 1m credits could capp int with barter skill, this was seen as some sort of exploit

so, there is a limit now on the XP from each "event"

Tickles
19-12-03, 11:50
Originally posted by Spex
Even back in beta4 it took tons of money to cap your int with money. And I talk about amounts where 6 mio credits are peanuts :p

Lol i think i've used bout 100mil now. Oh well.

LTA
19-12-03, 19:34
I think barter should give a little more than it does.... i think capping skills through alternate means to combat should be viable to all classes...

I mean like repping on a monk to help cap dex, bartering/ressin/constin/pokin etc for int i think they should all be viable means rather than forcing everyone to fight all day n night till they cap and then make them spend another week loming :p