PDA

View Full Version : 2 accounts on same connection = problem?

gostly
18-12-03, 21:27
alright ive noticed this for a while, i'd like to be able to get like my brother playing NC with me and shit but ive had access to more then one account for like months now...

anyways, when i use 2 comp's, 2 accounts, and same internet connection the game seems to sync out, almost constantly...i still havent figured out why it happens, or if anyone else actually has the same problem...

i do have a router, and i hate it very much, but it's like the only way ive found to share broadband effeciently...since their's about 6 comp's (including my laptop) in my house...

anyways, this has been a problem that ive never seen mentioned but i really wanna know if anyone else has/had this problem and how or if you fixed it...

:confused:

Jaenus
18-12-03, 21:29
I think the solution to this is in the neocron.ini file. Change the port from 6002 (I think) to something close to it on one of the machines and all should be well.

Phlith
18-12-03, 21:32
I'm not sure if this works on two computers, but when I feel like logging two chars on the same machine, I just add a line into the neocron.ini like this : LOCALPORT="37000" I don't know how high you can change the port to, but you could try adding that line into one of the machines neocron.ini but don't do that on both copies...

gostly
18-12-03, 21:33
so basically, just use 2 different ports for each game...makes sense enough, thx for the quick reply's ;)

edit: alright, i found this in the ini
NETBASEIP = "62.140.29.54:7000"

so should i leave the 7000 alone?...or should that be changed?...or should i just add the line LOCALPORT = "6002" to like the bottom of the ini?

Jaenus
18-12-03, 21:39
Yep it's the localport you have to change.

Spoon
18-12-03, 21:40
Originally posted by gostly
edit: alright, i found this in the ini
NETBASEIP = "62.140.29.54:7000"

so should i leave the 7000 alone?...or should that be changed?...or should i just add the line LOCALPORT = "6002" to like the bottom of the ini?

Yes leave the 7000 alone and add the line:

LOCALPORT="7001" into the neocron.ini to one of the PC's Neocron directories

gostly
18-12-03, 22:26
alright thanks guys, that seems to work perfectly now...been logged onto 2 act's with 2 comp's now for about 30 mins without any syncing, good stuff...