PDA

View Full Version : RARE Weapon Degrade rate

Dont Mess
18-12-03, 21:14
i know that the more slots u have the slowe it degrades but it still is 2 fast. ive had my devourer what 3days and it 100/120 yes ive played about with it alot but still its bn goin down fast my 4 slot CS has lasted me ages but recently started 2 drop in crazy amounts. whats up with it. it would be nice if the degrade rare was lowered. vote yes or no.

Possessed
18-12-03, 21:17
Just because its not /120 doesn't mean you can't use it...

gostly
18-12-03, 21:30
having to keep getting it repaired constantly is what gets annoying...it should be lowered...

SnotNosedBrat
18-12-03, 21:32
its terrible on apu spells

a 1 slot apu spell degrades to the point where i have repped my 1 slot holy lightning 2 times in a week. Its like 65/107 now and ive had it all of 1 week

Mr_Snow
18-12-03, 21:47
Economy is fucked as it is lowering the degrade rate would fuck it up even more and most weapons are usable til they are about /50ish if not a bit lower.Repping is irritating but if you find a good repper you can loss as little as 2% off of my RoLH.

Psyco Groupie
18-12-03, 21:49
the idea is rares dont last forever :)

Starving Poet
18-12-03, 21:49
I disagree, I know it's a pain, but rares should be rare. They are just too common. And FYI every drone launch costs 5% (or so)condition. So I don't think having to get somethign repaired twice in a week is much at all.

Edit : I agree with the post before mine. Posted at exact same time :)

Dont Mess
18-12-03, 22:29
i dint recall writing make em last 4 eva im saying lower slightly my rolh would break after 2 grave runs its 1 slotter but still thats stupid.

Scikar
18-12-03, 23:17
The degrade rate on all rares is absolutely fine. The only possible exception is melee weapons. Everything else degrades too fast if anything.

{MD}GeistDamnit
18-12-03, 23:24
48 total hours of game play degrades any rare weapon, trust me I've tried it. :(

extract
18-12-03, 23:29
Originally posted by SnotNosedBrat
its terrible on apu spells

a 1 slot apu spell degrades to the point where i have repped my 1 slot holy lightning 2 times in a week. Its like 65/107 now and ive had it all of 1 week

2 times and its /107 :eek: that sounds like a shite repairer

Dont Mess
18-12-03, 23:35
Originally posted by Scikar
The degrade rate on all rares is absolutely fine. The only possible exception is melee weapons. Everything else degrades too fast if anything.

i swear sci u hate me lol never agreed 2 1 of my posts :( neway yes melee weapons go down like a bitch 5 slotter or 0 slotter they break FAST

Cryotchekk
18-12-03, 23:50
duh dont use it so much

and wtf, 2 grave runs fucks ur rolh? wtf r u doing using rolh leveling o.0 get a 0 or 1 slot blacksun for that

Spectra260
19-12-03, 00:11
. , are your friends

Dont Mess
19-12-03, 00:12
more dmg = more exp

its my leveling one. Eventually it got to like 83/83 so i started 2 use my pvp 1.thats now like 102/102 lol but i capped my int so its all cool.

\\Fényx//
19-12-03, 00:45
What makes me laugh right, is my tanks had the same CS for 10 months, its only needed 1 repair and is only at 58/117 atm, thats 10 months old, my tanks year old marine that pretty much popped once a day untill i started playing my PPU more is at 16/39% tho ive changed it for a new one now, thats a YEAR OLD. My melee tank has 3 DG's cause ive been melee for a week now, and have had to get 1 repaired twice and the other 2 once, thats 4 DG's ive broken in a week that were artifact, basically a devils grace thats artifact 4 slots and my 5 slot POB takes 2-3% damage PER WARBOT i kill, that aint lastnight long :wtf:

amfest
19-12-03, 00:46
Originally posted by Spectra260
. , are your friends

LOL, Spectra260. Good One.

Psyco Groupie
19-12-03, 00:49
I think you mean:

LOL spectra260, good one.

:rolleyes:

Elroy Jetson
19-12-03, 01:07
I must say i have noticed an increase in dmg that my 2slot Pain Easer has been taking. I've had the thing for months. and its been my weapon of choice the whole time. Its now at 97/97 after this last repair.

I went out to take down some wb's and within an hour the thing was down to 58/97. Before the last few patches it would last alot longer it seemed. I can't be sure but i think KK has messed with it a bit.:rolleyes:

amfest
19-12-03, 01:15
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
I think you mean:

LOL spectra260, good one.

:rolleyes:

Actually using LOL just doesn't seem right to use with periods and commas. It's like throwing ice cream on your pizza. Sure you can do it but it doesn't seem practical. :D

Spex
19-12-03, 01:23
Originally posted by Dont Mess
more dmg = more exp

In the case you fight the mob alone you will always get the same xp for the same amount of damage, regardless if you need 10 or only 1 shot for it (assuming the same ranking and all). So in the end the rankings of you and the mob and the total HP of the mob decide how much XP you get of it, independent of the weapon you use to damage/kill it.

Your formula is true though if you add the time to it, as more damage means more xp during the same time than with lower damage ...

And to contribute something (useless) to the original topic: Back in beta4 when they introduced item degradation all your stuff needed a repair after half a hour of constant use, even the LEs got damaged and finally broke :D So compared to that now everything takes ages before it can be called junk.

Keiron
19-12-03, 01:54
I think that all rares should degrade as fast/faster then melle weapons, but thats just me...

Psyco Groupie
19-12-03, 01:56
mr. reps his paineaser minus 100 it will degrade faster as it loses quality .. duh so when your down to 50 odd it'll last like an hour O.o

Duder
19-12-03, 01:57
Originally posted by Keiron
I think that all rares should degrade as fast/faster then melle weapons, but thats just me...

No, it should be exactly like when this crappy degrade stuff first appeared in beta....how fun was that?

Scikar
19-12-03, 02:03
Originally posted by Spex
In the case you fight the mob alone you will always get the same xp for the same amount of damage, regardless if you need 10 or only 1 shot for it (assuming the same ranking and all). So in the end the rankings of you and the mob and the total HP of the mob decide how much XP you get of it, independent of the weapon you use to damage/kill it.

Your formula is true though if you add the time to it, as more damage means more xp during the same time than with lower damage ...

Actually if you're using a higher TL weapon you get more XP, independant of your rank. ;)

ghandisfury
19-12-03, 03:37
Rare weapons should degrade at 4 or 5 times faster than they do already. I don't think that once you get a good weapon that it should be all you have to worrie about.

Sanch0s
19-12-03, 03:45
Who are u refering to as not using the . and , keys?
Anyone who posted have actually used them? Unless were gonna start being queers and quoting proper use of english, when u have used "LOL" in the same paragraph?
Isnt that kind of hypocritical?

Punisher-X
19-12-03, 05:18
Degrade rate is fine as it is.
If you have a shit 1 or 2 slot rare, build a better one. It makes 5 slot weaps more lucrative, as they last much longer.
My 5 slot libby has capped 2 PEs and a SPY, and is currently at about 110/117. I have had this weapon for around 2 months I'd say.
If anything is to be done to the degards rate, increase it rather than decrease it.

Rade
19-12-03, 14:49
All items should degrade faster. Drones and Melee weapons are
the only onces that are as they should be atm.

J. Folsom
19-12-03, 14:56
At the current rate of decay, your devourer would have it's first breakdown in 15 days (20% every 3 days... Let's say roughly 7% a day), assuming that each repair costs around 3% max condition, your devourer will still last 306 days, or 10 months.

This is more then enough time to get parts for more devourers, considering that the first devourer was already in existence one or two days after introduced by the patch.

Dont Mess
19-12-03, 16:25
Originally posted by J. Folsom
At the current rate of decay, your devourer would have it's first breakdown in 15 days (20% every 3 days... Let's say roughly 7% a day), assuming that each repair costs around 3% max condition, your devourer will still last 306 days, or 10 months.

This is more then enough time to get parts for more devourers, considering that the first devourer was already in existence one or two days after introduced by the patch.

mate u think its easy 2 make a 4 slot devourer or revanger...nop thats the whole point. ok i admit that some rares do degrade slow ive had my 4 slot CS for time now and its like 98/117 now had it repped recetly so its lasted me and i used it just as much as my devourer. mayb i started this poll wrong there are some weapons which do last long and some that dont. From experience and reading wat others tell me i can see that melee weapons need a fix up on their degrade pate same with say the pain easer, slasher and many more. the point im making whoch some of u dont understand is not saying male them last 4ever just lower the rate. Dont u think its stupid that u have a high slotted weapon and its lost 20% in 2days and u havnt really used it that much espically wen its a new 1 and the parts are hard 2 get seen as every1 wants 1 untill they get a good slotted one.

more dmg = more exp

ok i put that bit wrong lets just say i capped in graves, sometimes with ppu sometimes on my own. its like this the more dmg the faster u kill the mob so u can kill more mobs in a shorter time therefore capping faster (depending on rank)

Originally posted by Sanch0s
Who are u refering to as not using the . and , keys?
Anyone who posted have actually used them? Unless were gonna start being queers and quoting proper use of english, when u have used "LOL" in the same paragraph?
Isnt that kind of hypocritical?

er exactly im not posting 4 a job interview i do use . and , so plz dont chat shit read the post and look.

Resear
20-12-03, 03:08
Degradation is ok as it is now but id like to see some changes.
Weapons with high rof wears faster since i guess its a certain% chance of degradation for each shot. Multislots works in the way that they lose less % for each "Your active item has been damaged".

The worst weapon is the pulselaser pistol with a rof of 450 or so, got a 4 slot i just tested and it didnt take long to lose some %.

Also got a 5 slot RoG and thats a stayer. Used it for ages, capped 1 spy and soon another with only 1 rep. Rofcap on the RoG is 113 and is why it lasts so much longer.

I think degradation chances should be adjusted according to the rof on the weapon. This could be done in this way: Lets take RoG and Slasher as example. Let the RoG have its default % chance of degradation but divite the chances on the Slasher with 4. Then the 2 weapons will degrade with the same speed.

Res

Callash
20-12-03, 03:16
i know that the more slots u have the slowe it degrades but it still is 2 fast. ive had my devourer what 3days and it 100/120 yes ive played about with it alot but still its bn goin down fast my 4 slot CS has lasted me ages but recently started 2 drop in crazy amounts. whats up with it. it would be nice if the degrade rare was lowered. vote yes or no.
20 Quality in 3 Days. That means it's down to 0/120 in 18 Days. Then you repair it, and it's back at about 117/117. About 18 Days again. Of constant use, mind you. Doing a few approximations, my calculations say that your Rare would reach 0/0 after about 300 days of constant usage.

So what was your complaint again? :rolleyes:

Clownst0pper
20-12-03, 03:22
20 Quality in 3 Days. That means it's down to 0/120 in 18 Days. Then you repair it, and it's back at about 117/117. About 18 Days again. Of constant use, mind you. Doing a few approximations, my calculations say that your Rare would reach 0/0 after about 300 days of constant usage.

pWNED :cool:

Shadow Dancer
20-12-03, 03:27
I haven't had any rare yet degraded to uselessness.

Can anyone do the calculation on how long it would take for a DS to be "used up" and become worthless?

Just say, estimated 5 deaths a day. :p

Clownst0pper
20-12-03, 03:28
Just say, estimated 5 deaths a day.

Start trading for a new one? :lol:

Dont Mess
20-12-03, 03:52
Originally posted by Callash

NOP not pwned not sure how long ago it was that u played but it seems after every rep the degreade rate increases as i said my rolh degraded from 96/96 to 16/96 in like 2 or 3 hours. now do the math

Callash
20-12-03, 03:55
NOP not pwned not sure how long ago it was that u played but it seems after every rep the degreade rate increases as i said my rolh degraded from 96/96 to 16/96 in like 2 or 3 hours. now do the math
A few hours since I have last been playing, thanks. And I don't know what you do with your RolH, but the Pain Easer of my Spy for example is still the first one I ever got, I still have it, its around 80 maximum Quality, and it wasn't even constructed at 120 Quality.

J. Folsom
20-12-03, 14:23

Originally posted by J. Folsom

This is more then enough time to get parts for more devourers, considering that the first devourer was already in existence one or two days after introduced by the patch. Hey, you stole that from me! Dang Event GMs, stealing our posts... And in my case, no one says I pwned him either. :mad: :p

Dont Mess
20-12-03, 16:24
A few hours since I have last been playing, thanks. And I don't know what you do with your RolH, but the Pain Easer of my Spy for example is still the first one I ever got, I still have it, its around 80 maximum Quality, and it wasn't even constructed at 120 Quality.

well from another reply that i made i now agree that some weapons degrade faster then others. This shows that the rolh degrades faster then yr pain easer, now do u see what im on about, whats woith my rolh dont matter what happend to it is what matters.

Rade
21-12-03, 02:21
All weapons should be completely destroyed after say 2 months
heavy usage. Not 12 as it is now.

Dont Mess
21-12-03, 03:32
Originally posted by Rade
All weapons should be completely destroyed after say 2 months
heavy usage. Not 12 as it is now.

somehow wen i look at the latest poster Rade i expected a comment like this...BUT hey the threads about opinions rite

greploco
21-12-03, 05:09
yes rares should not last forever

but they shouldn't f_cking melt

used 2 slot pain easer 60 boxes of ammo, last about 60% quality

that's a little much

the worst is melee weps, those poor melee tanks. it's a good thing there aren't that many melee tanks because they need to buy their rare wepons in bulk.

if melee were improved to a degree that it was cool there would be such demand for melee rares you wouldn't believe it -- they absolutly destroy those things

SovKhan
21-12-03, 05:31
if mc5's lose up to 20 % condition per time dropped your dev should degrade at that condition