PDA

View Full Version : originally posted by roadkill in the wrong forum

WebShock
18-12-03, 13:16
Originally Posted by Roadkill:

For all you peeps that think PPU's are over power you are wrong.PPu's are doing what they are supposed to. Support other players and them selfs. Yes they are hard to kill but thats the way it is supposed to be. They cant deal dmg and cant kill anybody. But they CAN be killed either by noob buff or antibuffs. For those of you that want them nurfed remember that they are the ones keeping YOU alive. If they go down there is a pretty good chance you are next. Im not just talking in OP wars neither. Would it make all of you happy that a PPU couldn't keep you alive when you are hunting for those rares that you all love so much. Or there shields and heals were not strong enough to keep you alive in mc 5. Or when you are running through a zone with Y commanders. Sure peeps get pissed at OP wars when they cant kill on but im sure u will be a little more pissed when u have to keep running back to get your back pack and belt because a mob killed you. If PPU's get nurfed EVERYBODY gets nurfed because there the ones keeping you alive. No one ever complains about PPU's beeing overpowered when they have one strapped to there ass. Just remember they are doing exactly what they were inteded to be doing. Keeping themselfs and YOU alive. And as we all know they can be killed. So what the fuck is the problem?
AFUXINGMEN

they will realize when no one can do mc5 anymore that they got exactly what they wanted.

Melkior
18-12-03, 13:25
thank you, finally someone with a brain

Deo
18-12-03, 13:32
I really dont understand why people cant grasp the fact that PPU Monks arent supposed to really be killed easily. IMO a PPU monk should be the hardest character to kill in the game.

Im sorry for all the people who disagree with me, but I would like to see someone walk into MC5 and out again with parts in hand without a PPU.

~deo

ResurgencE
18-12-03, 13:32
I agree wholeheartedly.

The nerf was uncalled for. They should've figured out another way to prevent easy-rezzing at op fights.

Enjoy MC5 now.

ezza
18-12-03, 13:34
although i agree PPUs should be hard to kill, theres a diffrence between hard to kill and god like.

though tbh, its only really the PPUs who know what there doing that pose a real problem, noob PPUs who dont know whats what tend to hit the floor real easy.

but when you see a PPU getting holy lighting poison cursed souls speed gats and god knows what else thrown at him and all the while hes merrily going about his business, its hard not to think somethings up.

ResurgencE
18-12-03, 13:40
Thats essentially the point of a good setup. Though the limits have been set in such a way that if the character is a PE, spy, tank or apu, he becomes harder to kill. The limit is stretched slightly further for the ppu in which he becomes impossible to kill.

If that very same ppu can somehow kill YOU and you can do nothing to counter it, its understandable. But he cant. And as it is, tl 3 spells and antibuff tactics are already present in the game.

Perhaps they should make it such that ppus take hardly any damage or outheal damage done in PvM so that MC5 hunting can proceed as normal, but change the game mechanisms when it comes down to another runner shooting at you. But just by a tad, mind you.

We dont want them so badly nerfed that the ppu is the FIRST guy to be targeted, and not the last as it is now.

WebShock
18-12-03, 13:42
Originally posted by ezza
although i agree PPUs should be hard to kill, theres a diffrence between hard to kill and god like.

though tbh, its only really the PPUs who know what there doing that pose a real problem, noob PPUs who dont know whats what tend to hit the floor real easy.

but when you see a PPU getting holy lighting poison cursed souls speed gats and god knows what else thrown at him and all the while hes merrily going about his business, its hard not to think somethings up.
i disagree

give a noob a capped ppu and a general idea on how to heal and counter attacks with his spells and he will live. ppu is easy, all a matter on how you counter any attack thrown at u

ppu's have this fallacy thrown on them that they are godlike because
A) forget trying to solo them, even a apu with antibuff cant solo a ppu, if so the ppu is a noob who cant use his spells or is a gimped ppu

B) no one has imagination in game. now that noob buffs, nail gun push and everything else is being better known, you see more and more people taking down the ppu. There are methods to counter a ppu and his ability to live, you just have to find them.

Original monk
18-12-03, 13:46
the way it is now its still possible to mc5, the rezz is a bitch but ya can better rebuff before ya start: when the buffs run out while youre rezzing and the commander comes around the corner to take a look you are fried :P but still: its possible no prob ... unless they start "tweaking" the heals and shelters, altough i have the feeling that they allready been tweaked slightly, wich can also be purely psychologicaly from my side :P

there where more undescribed changes to monks ya see: like the removal of minus in speed on the monkPA

and i get sick of all people whining at PPU's: there good to powerlevel there chars to the highest possible levels and there good to help them get mc5techs but as soon as they come on the forum its all : NERF NERF NERF, wich disgusts me, daamn hypocrits ...

and when YOU die you get rezzed by youre friend the ppu but when the ppu dies he can swallow he's/her pride and genrep back to plaza 1 to get all the chips poked ... as stated before in the PPUsticky ...

to all the nerf-the-ppu whiners on this forum:

You didnt realize yet, PPu's started this gangstershit, is this the mothafucking thanx they get ?

WebShock
18-12-03, 13:49
Originally posted by Original monk

to all the nerf-the-ppu whiners on this forum:

You didnt realize yet, PPu's started this gangstershit, is this the mothafucking thanx they get ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

its not a lot of whiners, its all the same people who powerpost who then convince their friends to come here and whine as a favor.

if you look at the threads, its always the same few who make umpteen number of nerf threads to bring the game to their liking.

Jesterthegreat
18-12-03, 14:08
remove rez!

name a cyber punk game / book / film where someone can use the powers of his mind to raise the dead...

tbh i dont give a shit about PPU's. if they wanna be stupidly tough to kill... ill just ignore them. ill stealth, ill pop up and fire a lib burst then wander off... just to say "back off - im leavin you alive cos i dont want a 30 min 1 on 1 fight"

however the whole idea of rezzing in a cyberpunk game is fucking stupid. remove it. now.

and for the record (other than the occasional cave run) i never level with a PPU. ever. and before you say "well you do for caves! would you wanna lose that?" pfft... remove rez. either deal with the mobs alone (i have solo'd half of chaos caves as an uncapped pistol spy) or make them easier? kk has constantly improved damage / health of mobs... adapt or bitch that its too hard. i dont care.

i adapt, so if you adapt we will be on par, if not then sucks to be you.

Scikar
18-12-03, 14:14
The only reason MC5 is hard is because of PPUs in the first place. It used to be possible to hunt solo as a tank until PPUs starting popping up all over. Now you try to hunt solo and you have to take 10 minutes to kill a Grim. If MC5 is too hard it can be adjusted and the strength of the guards can be reduced. MC5 is not an argument.

If PPUs really want to be invincible they should totally lose any interactive abilities with other players. As long as you can affect another runners ability to fight and increase the chance if him dying, he should be able to do the same to you.

Personally I disagree with the notion that PPUs are pure defence. P stands for passive, not defensive. PPUs should simply be able to deal damage indirectly. Which they already can in the form of damage boost. I would be all for making PPUs a kind of summoner class. It would be far easier to balance and it would make it much more fun to play a PPU.

Psyco Groupie
18-12-03, 14:39
ppus arent gonna get 'nerfed' .. why repost ?

the rezz 'nerf' was infact balance jet pack boi

:angel:

Jesterthegreat
18-12-03, 14:40
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
jet pack boi

lmfao

El_MUERkO
18-12-03, 14:56
I really can’t understand why PPUs don’t understand that 90% of the community is perfectly happy that they're hard to kill so I'll make it easy for you.

WE DONT CARE!!! BE UB3R, WE CAN’T KILL YOU EASY AND THAT FINE BUT FUCK OFF WITH THE PARASPAM, ITS ONE OF THE MOST ANNOYING THINGS IN THE GAME AND EVERYONE THAT ISNT A PPU HATES IT!!!

Resurrection nerf, very few people asked for it and everyone agrees it’s too much.

Noob buffing the GMs say its ok but no one likes it. What can we do? People do it to me s I'm going to do it to them, I'd much prefer if it wasn’t in game but that’s beyond my control.

deac
18-12-03, 15:11
its hard not too use parashock since its soo good damn usefull... and im not sure that removing it would be good...

and btw you cant talk about "spaming" anymore...

btw my gf was watching the big ass jeriko fight yesterday and she asked me: dont you shoot anyone? :wtf:

Well i dont... and for the first time in ages i like to play a ppu.... cant compere it to the mad fun that apus have but....

What im trying to say.. im content... ppus seems fine.... now leave us the fok alone for once...

ps rezz nerf was the best thing ever :)

WebShock
18-12-03, 15:18
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
remove rez!

name a cyber punk game / book / film where someone can use the powers of his mind to raise the dead...

tbh i dont give a shit about PPU's. if they wanna be stupidly tough to kill... ill just ignore them. ill stealth, ill pop up and fire a lib burst then wander off... just to say "back off - im leavin you alive cos i dont want a 30 min 1 on 1 fight"

however the whole idea of rezzing in a cyberpunk game is fucking stupid. remove it. now.

and for the record (other than the occasional cave run) i never level with a PPU. ever. and before you say "well you do for caves! would you wanna lose that?" pfft... remove rez. either deal with the mobs alone (i have solo'd half of chaos caves as an uncapped pistol spy) or make them easier? kk has constantly improved damage / health of mobs... adapt or bitch that its too hard. i dont care.

thank you for sparing me the opportunity of even acknowledging this nonsense. your whole post is so biased i wont even reply to it. i bet you do use a ppu and are just too proud to admit it. if you dont, you are missing one helluva good part of the game. OP wars. so please, continue to see it one sided, you will get bored and leave and i wont have to always show you how much your posts consist of nonsense. as far as keeping me alive, i laugh at that too, you havent pwned me once on this forum.

WebShock
18-12-03, 15:20
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
ppus arent gonna get 'nerfed' .. why repost ?

the rezz 'nerf' was infact balance jet pack boi

aaaaaaahahahahahahahahaaa

now i can say that i got pwned in this post.

:D :lol::lol:

WebShock
18-12-03, 15:23
Originally posted by deac

What im trying to say.. im content... ppus seems fine.... now leave us the fok alone for once...

ps rezz nerf was the best thing ever :) \

ok, finally i meet a ppu that thinks the nerf was good, can you tell me why?

and yes, ffs devs, leave the ppus alone. fix the paralysis bug though. shock lance should in no way be as strong as holy para.

i would like to see the ressurection cast time raised.

Comie
18-12-03, 15:26
Originally posted by WebShock

give a noob a capped ppu and a general idea on how to heal and counter attacks with his spells and he will live. ppu is easy, all a matter on how you counter any attack thrown at u

ppu's have this fallacy thrown on them that they are godlike because
A) forget trying to solo them, even a apu with antibuff cant solo a ppu, if so the ppu is a noob who cant use his spells or is a gimped ppu
[/B]

i Disagree. n00b PPU's ARE easy to take down, espcially when own yur own...

And about taking down PPU's won yur owb even with an APU, well To be honest it can be dont, yu gotta be clever, i've doing it and am still doing it, yes it takes a bit of time but its easily do able... there are a few PPU's tho (now these are the top dogs esp on Pluto) that i cant take down, but then thats why yu have ppl who are good at their class, give others something to aspire to...

the only thing i ever had a problem with WRT. PPU's is parashock, but i hear that's been sufficiently nerf'd have yet to see tho.

Jesterthegreat
18-12-03, 15:29
thank you for sparing me the opportunity of even acknowledging this nonsense. your whole post is so biased i wont even reply to it. i bet you do use a ppu and are just too proud to admit it. if you dont, you are missing one helluva good part of the game. OP wars. so please, continue to see it one sided, you will get bored and leave and i wont have to always show you how much your posts consist of nonsense. as far as keeping me alive, i laugh at that too, you havent pwned me once on this forum.

so... you wanna start another discussion without "acknoledging" people who dont agree with you? why does this not supprise me? you did the exact same thing last time! i use a PPU? no. my spy can kill WB's / grims solo. hell (when i had my 5 slot heal) i could outheal a single grim. and no, this wasnt months ago, just a couple of patches ago. OP Wars? you think i dont do them? i have worked fucking hard to make a self sufficiant combat spy. i live on self buffs. i cap the highest TL weapon i can currently use with my self buffs - i need PPU buffs why? i have never seen a drug free spy with better resists than me - i need PPU buffs why? as for the whole one-sided thing - newsflash! i am a PPU on pluto. i am just off PA. i can rez. i still think it should be removed! and i will get bored and leave? i have been here since beta 3 and i havent left yet! my posts consist of nonsense? all you do is suggest ideas that people clearly dont support, and stress when people dont automatically agree with you! keeping you alive? i assume thats the "whati do to PPU" part? i was not talking about you, i dont know who you are / what class you are / what server you are on. other than an you are an ass who has to get his way i know nothing about you.

[/rant]

Original monk
18-12-03, 15:33
btw my gf was watching the big ass jeriko fight yesterday and she asked me: dont you shoot anyone? :wtf

priceless: you where the weak link deac ;) , everybody was shooting and killing and you where standing there shooting no-one only giving away a fancy lightshow sumtimes :P (rezz) pacifist LOL :P

funny one lol, if i didnt like my santafrog so much i would quote ya in my siggy :)

deac
18-12-03, 15:33
\

ok, finally i meet a ppu that thinks the nerf was good, can you tell me why?

I pvp a lot.... and once you have 20 ppl and about 4-6 ppus in a fight, rezzing becomes a problem...

Right now you can still do a rezz but you need to keep the enemy busy while you do it...

I takes a little more team work... before this nerf I could do fuck all to a rezzing ppu with my tank... now i have chance...

It also forces me to keep my apus healed more... I do less parashocking and more healing and after all thats what ppuing is about.

I can still pull of rez in chaos caves havent tried mc5.. but then again I think mc5 should need more than 2 ppl.. ie 2 ppus atleast

Jesterthegreat
18-12-03, 15:37
I pvp a lot.... and once you have 20 ppl and about 4-6 ppus in a fight, rezzing becomes a problem...

Right now you can still do a rezz but you need to keep the enemy busy while you do it...

I takes a little more team work... before this nerf I could do fuck all to a rezzing ppu with my tank... now i have chance...

It also forces me to keep my apus healed more... I do less parashocking and more healing and after all thats what ppuing is about.

I can still pull of rez in chaos caves havent tried mc5.. but then again I think mc5 should need more than 2 ppl.. ie 2 ppus atleast

same here. im a PPU and i think its a step in the right direction. i have rezzed in chaos caves and in graqves since the patch - no probs.

BiTeMe
18-12-03, 15:42
As a PPU I would love to see the para effect nerfed as it is too strong. It has been mentioned that this was unintended and therefore I can assume it will be corrected. After it has been corrected I think parashock would be balanced (although I still wouldn't mind if it was removed or at least removed from PvP totaly)

As for rez I think they should balance it between what it was and what it is now. I don't mind the mana requirements just the ROF needs rebalancing. ATM it is too harsh in the harder leveling places should a team member die (MC5, Cave Boss mobs etc..)

Jester, just because all other cyberpunk games don't have a rez that means this one shouldn't.......WHY?

WebShock
18-12-03, 15:48

ok thanks for taking the time to explain it over trying to ruin every thread that counters what direction the game you think should go towards.

this actually brings new light and understanding to the issue. Why cant everyone respond like this over always trying to dominate and humilitate the person who is in opposition of what their opinion is.

Jesterthegreat
18-12-03, 15:58
Originally posted by BiTeMe
Jester, just because all other cyberpunk games don't have a rez that means this one shouldn't.......WHY?

why should this game have rez? wheres the RP reason? wheres the explanation? wheres the justification?

this is a world so advanced that dieing mearly means having your DNA rebuilt from a pre-saved copy. rez isnt needed.

kk took the time to make a decent death explanation. it beats DAoC's "you died, you appeared at a bind stone... its magic!"

tbh i am against all Psi. its just an excuse for putting magic in a cyberpunk game. it is out of place - and has anyone noticed Psi's are moaned about / bitched about more than any other class? ever? even in the days of Tank'o'cron it wasnt this bad.

rez make no sense in a futuristic game like this.

"these monks with weak bodied lived in a cave and learned to use their minds as weapons" - already sounds like a crap excuse "oh and it also gave them the ability to give life back to dead people." - not reanimate, bring back to life. animation would be a form of telekinesis - possibly explinable. but no. they bring people to life.

WebShock
18-12-03, 16:04
omfg then FUCKIN quit and go play FOMK

didnt see any word of psi type charcter there.

bah whats the point, i dont even know why i even try

:rolleyes:

to many whiners in this forum

Jesterthegreat
18-12-03, 16:07
omfg then FUCKIN quit and go play FOMK

didnt see any word of psi type charcter there.

bah whats the point, i dont even know why i even try

:rolleyes:

1. FOMK is not out

2. tbh i dont know - but i think there isnt

3. cos you have to have the last word and think it makes you right?

4. :rolleyes:

5. i believe you started this whiner thread, i disagreed with you (or said some random shit - IE posted that i have an opinion on PPU's, which is what this thread was about) and then you practically broke down into tears cos i didnt agree with you...

i hate whiners O_o

BiTeMe
18-12-03, 16:26
why should this game have rez? wheres the RP reason? wheres the explanation? wheres the justification?

this is a world so advanced that dieing mearly means having your DNA rebuilt from a pre-saved copy. rez isnt needed.

kk took the time to make a decent death explanation. it beats DAoC's "you died, you appeared at a bind stone... its magic!"

tbh i am against all Psi. its just an excuse for putting magic in a cyberpunk game. it is out of place - and has anyone noticed Psi's are moaned about / bitched about more than any other class? ever? even in the days of Tank'o'cron it wasnt this bad.

rez make no sense in a futuristic game like this.

"these monks with weak bodied lived in a cave and learned to use their minds as weapons" - already sounds like a crap excuse "oh and it also gave them the ability to give life back to dead people." - not reanimate, bring back to life. animation would be a form of telekinesis - possibly explinable. but no. they bring people to life.

It's a GAME.
Games <> real life.
In games there is no real life limitations hence you can have whatever you like.
If people are sooooo worried about the RP aspect of this game then how come no one role plays IN game?? (other than red = dead)
There are very few people who role play properly, and they probably get ganked by the F6 role players and people worry about the story behind why there are monks in the game?

TBH whan I started beta I didn't like the ideas of monks being in this game, and I held off for a LONG time before I created myself a monk. Now I think that the diversity monks bring NC is a good thing and neocron would be a less colourfull place without them. I still prefere the other classes but KK has made it nessesary to have them as they are the best combat class/best support class.

Jesterthegreat
18-12-03, 16:33
Originally posted by BiTeMe
It's a GAME.
Games <> real life.
In games there is no real life limitations hence you can have whatever you like.
If people are sooooo worried about the RP aspect of this game then how come no one role plays IN game?? (other than red = dead)
There are very few people who role play properly, and they probably get ganked by the F6 role players and people worry about the story behind why there are monks in the game?

TBH whan I started beta I didn't like the ideas of monks being in this game, and I held off for a LONG time before I created myself a monk. Now I think that the diversity monks bring NC is a good thing and neocron would be a less colourfull place without them. I still prefere the other classes but KK has made it nessesary to have them as they are the best combat class/best support class. lol i realise this is a game and i just brought up my opinion of monks(in a thread about monks). i have not emailed KK about this, i do not bitch about this 24/7, im not obsessed with losing monks. on the contrary, losing monks would be a disaster. people are used to them. people put a year of work into them. and besides - as you said "neocron would be a less colourfull place without them". i personally cannot thinnk of an alternative. i dont know what new class / weapon types to implement.

i have never said remove them... however i dont like them and i think they are out of place. i personally have a noob APU and a mid level PPU. i have no problem with them being ingame - but i dont like the idea of them. i play them because they are fun. however i found sonic the hedgehog fun - but i dont expect that to be brought ingame :p something being fun isnt the only needed for something being ingame.

however the long and short of it is that its KK's game. i highly doubt MJS gives a shit if i like Psi monks or not :p im not the deciding factor in thos game - MJS doesnt tak my orders :p

Mirco
18-12-03, 16:40
"these monks with weak bodied lived in a cave and learned to use their minds as weapons"

Omfg weak bodies!!!! Monks have better con than spies and run faster than most. How is that consistent with weak bodies??

Jesterthegreat
18-12-03, 16:43
er... that was a slight misquote of the game manual's history i am at work so i cant do better :p

and yes, it says PE's are a jack of all trades [x] wrong
and yes, it says spies are better at Psi [x] wrong
and yes, it says DoY was on the other side of a sea or mountain range or something and wasnt reachable? [x]wrong

anyway... have a go at kk not me :p

Archeus
18-12-03, 16:46
The monks in the caves are not (oops) the true decendants of the monkeys you see today. The people who found the cave are.

Jesterthegreat
18-12-03, 16:47
Originally posted by Archeus
The monks in the caves are the true decendants of the monkeys you see today. The people who found the cave are.

i assume one of them is an "aren't"? - well either way it doesnt justify them being able to bring people to life :p
:Edit:

The monks in the caves are the true decendants of the monkeys you see today. The people who found the cave are.

decendants are the more recent generation.

and the rest makes less sense

ghandisfury
18-12-03, 17:04
remove rez!

Fuck it, nerf em, nerf monks, nerf rezz, remove monks from the game, nerf damage, nerf PEs, then nerf tanks, after that, nerf PEs again, then nerf spies, then put monks back in the game cause people miss them....:rolleyes:

TBH I'm not going to even waiste my time on a person so blinded with bias. I'm tired of people like you only thinking of yourself. The difference between you and me as that I try to think of balance.....I think of what is ACTUALLY wrong with a class, and try to fix it. You only think of yourself, and give no consiquence to balance.......you want it gone cause.......it should be gone in your eyes.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just because you think something should be gone doesn't mean it should be. For once on this forum why don't you do something constructive and see what ideas you can come up with to make it a balanced, structured game.....I know what you will say "remove rezz". I guarantee you if there was a item wipe, your type would be here begging for rezz to be unnerffed.

Jesterthegreat
18-12-03, 17:11
Originally posted by ghandisfury
Fuck it, nerf em, nerf monks, nerf rezz, remove monks from the game, nerf damage, nerf PEs, then nerf tanks, after that, nerf PEs again, then nerf spies, then put monks back in the game cause people miss them....:rolleyes: "remove rez!

i adapt, so if you adapt we will be on par, if not then sucks to be you. "

please point out the amount of things i asked to be nerfed. please show where i even said nerf PPU's?

TBH I'm not going to even waiste my time on a person so blinded with bias. I'm tired of people like you only thinking of yourself. The difference between you and me as that I try to think of balance.....I think of what is ACTUALLY wrong with a class, and try to fix it. You only think of yourself, and give no consiquence to balance.......you want it gone cause.......it should be gone in your eyes.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
removing rez changes the balance that bad?

Just because you think something should be gone doesn't mean it should be. For once on this forum why don't you do something constructive and see what ideas you can come up with to make it a balanced, structured game.....I know what you will say "remove rezz". I guarantee you if there was a item wipe, your type would be here begging for rezz to be unnerffed. how about we count the number of "nerf" threads i create? i think you will find its none. i use this forum to get across my opinion. i think i am one of the few here who doesnt just force his opinion on everyone. you disagree? fine - take all sorts to make the world work.

as for calling me biased - how exactly? i complained about rezzing... im biased cos i never need a rez? im biased cos i need lots of rezzes? im sorry - i dont see how i am biased here...

and yes - i do want rez gone. i am not gonna start a crusade about it. im not gonna demand it. im not gonna start a thread and bitch about it to all the kk employees - my opinion is now known by all of you, make of it what you will.

i have not forced my ideas on anyone here, i have not even asked for it to be implemented. i have mearly said what I as a customer (with exactly the same right to speak out as you) feel.

kthxbye

Archeus
18-12-03, 17:26
I've never used any high weapons. I think we should remove them. :rolleyes:

Your whole basis for argument is because a cyberpunk book hasn't written about it?

Rezzing isn't some magic spell. It is using the same principle behind the Gene replicators using the same method to rez a person, using the material of the corpse instead of a Gene Replicator to grow new material, while the person focusing the ability handles the recreation of the person and bringing them back to life.

Of course I don't recall any cyberpunk books that mention when you die say "You are Dead select a genrep where you want to start again", so following on your line of thinking we should respawning from the game.

Jesterthegreat
18-12-03, 17:32
*sigh* that wasnt a reason, it was an example

get a clue? im bored of people sittin here tryin to abuse me when all i am doing is discussing my take on the topic.

yo got an opinion on the topic? if so please share it so i can flame the fuck out of you like everyone seems to be attempting to do to me O_o

ezza
18-12-03, 17:47
sorry what was the point of this thread again:p

Jesterthegreat
18-12-03, 17:49
some shit about monks... someone thought the change was too much or something i have no idea anymore O_o

who votes we rename it "the flame jesterthegeat thread for no reason other than to make myself feel big thread"?

Zanathos
18-12-03, 17:53
They pretty much already were nerfed.

Not just with the ressurect spell and holy paralysis spell.

but their heal spell is less effective now.

A clanmate buffed himself with holy shelter, deflecter, threw on a holy heal.

my a & w rapid fire smg was able to take down his health over the heal spell, but when I reloaded, he got his health back.

My 4 slot blessed heal which is ALMOST capped gives 10 health a tick rather than the 20 it was giving before.

if PPU's damage buff 3 times, cast a soul cluster and holy parashock spam, PPU's can easily kill any class but other PPU's.

Dont confuse holy parashock with holy paralysis

Jesterthegreat
18-12-03, 17:56

http://neocron.jafc.de/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=449061&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending&pagenumber=1

look at the threads you made - look how many are to whine...

case closed

ezza
18-12-03, 18:11
a lot of webshocks in that list:lol:

hinch
18-12-03, 18:13

same could be said about hybrids :)

a small few of us got the entire class nerfed :(

ezza
18-12-03, 18:17
Originally posted by hinch
same could be said about hybrids :)

a small few of us got the entire class nerfed :(

lol hinch the diffrence is there that the few who know how to play the hybrids were unstoppable, able to take on multiple enemies with little effort

edit when i say take on i mean laugh at the pitifull attempt of the enemy them pummel them into the ground

WebShock
18-12-03, 18:17
jester you got pwned so hard here im not even gonna say shit.

point to what you want.

and btw just because i debate passionately doesnt make me a whiner. someone who pointlessly rants and has no real point other than making his balls feel nice and full is a whiner

kthxbye

enjoy your new ubergimped ppu

thats the point of this thread

hinch
18-12-03, 18:22
lol hinch the diffrence is there that the few who know how to play the hybrids were unstoppable, able to take on multiple enemies with little effort

edit when i say take on i mean laugh at the pitifull attempt of the enemy them pummel them into the ground

hehe a good ppu can do the same using a sc just takes longer :)

but in a hybrid vs hybrid battle as would be a battle of ppu+tank vs ppu+tank its really all about who runs outta ammo first

true as a hybrid i could take on multiple people at once and win but i did the same with my ppu just before the patch (havent played since) it just took time :)

a n00b hybrid though like a n00b ppu was utterly pointless so again

us select few got all ppus nerfed
same as us select few got all hybrids nerfed :) keep it up folks damn im glad i dont play anymore

Jesterthegreat
18-12-03, 18:28
jester you got pwned so hard here im not even gonna say shit. ...
no

point to what you want.
"oh shit he has noticed i do nothing but bitch and whine"

and btw just because i debate passionately doesnt make me a whiner. no... whining does
someone who pointlessly rants and has no real point other than making his balls feel nice and full is a whiner
could not have said it better myself. something we agree on here

kthxbye

enjoy your new ubergimped ppu

thats the point of this thread i have played a capped PPU since the patch. had a run through graves 3 times with a PE and a spy. had to rez 4 times in 3 runs, no probs. most of that us due to my bad timing at keeping anti poison sanct up, not due to some "ubergimped ppu"

kthxbye

WebShock
18-12-03, 18:30
another thing, someone mentioned that if you gimped ppu's to where they suck they will adjust mc5.

i dont see mc5 toned down at all. just as hard as it was before. so unless you work on the dev team, leave those assumptions to the people who can actually make that happen.

until then asking for nerfs will just hurt you in the long run.

WebShock
18-12-03, 18:33
nice capped ppu lol

/edit

you know what fuck it i dont need to keep adding to the fire here.

have your last word. my point has been proven.

Scikar
18-12-03, 18:47
another thing, someone mentioned that if you gimped ppu's to where they suck they will adjust mc5.

i dont see mc5 toned down at all. just as hard as it was before. so unless you work on the dev team, leave those assumptions to the people who can actually make that happen.

until then asking for nerfs will just hurt you in the long run.

MC5 hasn't been toned down because it's not really any harder. The damage changes of mobs have always been related to the strength of PPU shields, which is why mobs were toned down in damage when the 50% foreign cast shield patch came in. A good PPU working with a good team will not need to cast rez in MC5, and if he does need to, he will be able to manage it.

Nice powerposting btw.

BiTeMe
18-12-03, 18:50
To bring this thread back on topic I would like to add that some people do play PPU's full time.

For all you peeps that think PPU's are over power you are wrong.PPu's are doing what they are supposed to. Support other players and them selfs. Yes they are hard to kill but thats the way it is supposed to be. They cant deal dmg and cant kill anybody. But they CAN be killed either by noob buff or antibuffs. For those of you that want them nurfed remember that they are the ones keeping YOU alive. If they go down there is a pretty good chance you are next. Im not just talking in OP wars neither. Would it make all of you happy that a PPU couldn't keep you alive when you are hunting for those rares that you all love so much. Or there shields and heals were not strong enough to keep you alive in mc 5. Or when you are running through a zone with Y commanders. Sure peeps get pissed at OP wars when they cant kill on but im sure u will be a little more pissed when u have to keep running back to get your back pack and belt because a mob killed you. If PPU's get nurfed EVERYBODY gets nurfed because there the ones keeping you alive. No one ever complains about PPU's beeing overpowered when they have one strapped to there ass. Just remember they are doing exactly what they were inteded to be doing. Keeping themselfs and YOU alive. And as we all know they can be killed. So what the fuck is the problem?

Being a PPU is a thankless job. Everyone benfits from you being there but YOU. Most people do not mind this as this is the role they like to play but when the PPU nerf hammer comes out and you see more hybrids/APU's appear, just stop and wonder who's gonna hold your hand next time you need that ub3r rare item from <insert cave here> or you want to attend a mob spawn event if no one is playing PPU anymore ?

APU's can solo for rare parts, PE's and Spy's can solo for rare parts. Tanks can JUST if they only pick fire mobs and are selective about their targets.
PPU's ??

I know jester said he's been half way into the chaos caves solo but even my tank can solo some of the chaos cave (with a few hunded medikits :D ) and that's not the point of the thread.

Zanathos
18-12-03, 18:51
I've been praised for being a PPU for some people.

Thats the enjoyment I get from my PPU :p

As a result, one happy clan mate is giving me a liberator ^_^

WebShock
18-12-03, 18:53
i see your point scikar

and i could care less about my post count. life wont cease to exist cuz it gets reset to 0

OHNOZ! i have 1 post

pfft plz. i started posting here when i saw all these people begging for nerfs because they couldnt adapt to the game.
i post to get my point across. thing is im beginning to realize that you cant properly discuss anything with a board full of prepubecent tards.
as you can see from my past reactions, if you explain your view on things in a civil manner, i tend to say i that i see where you are coming from. It doesnt mean i agree with it or like it, just means that i see your point. hell there are times that i thank people for helping me see things the way they see stuff.

thx biteme for bringing this thread back to where it was shot off too

please if you have a personal grief with me flame me in pm, quit carjacking the thread just to take a potshot at me. ooh wait i forgot, u arent uber if you dont show off in front of all ur friends o_O silly me,... what was i thinking

Scikar
18-12-03, 18:59
The majority of successful nerf threads come after many methods have been tried and tested. The first nerf the hybrids threads never got anywhere because people were wondering why their TPCs weren't doing any damage to a hybrid, or why didn't the hybrid die after being hit by 5 stacks of fire beam. The only point where the threads actually had an effect was when hybrids started killing 5 people at the same time. NeoFrag duels where you had all different classes all using different types of weapons and the hybrid would beat any of them 1v1, or even 2v1. When it was shown that hybrids would win no matter what, it was proven that they were overpowered, and the nerf came.

Jesterthegreat
18-12-03, 19:15
how about you look back and see who started the bitching?

i made a post on what i think should happen to PPu's. did i demand it? no. did i aim my post at people? no. did i insult anyone? no.

then flick to the second page and read your reply...

i have nothing personal with you. i dont know you ingame or in real life. however you have got to learn to take your critisizm... hell i didnt even critisize you - mearly offered my opinion on the matter (which was not even directed at you personally)

from then on it has been just flaming. ill put my hand up - i flamed too. it was one person posting flame / flame bait followed by the other person posting flame / flame bait.

am i trying to sound big in front of my friends? hardly... i have met hinch a couple of times whn he played uranus - i dont think i know anyone else on this thread anyway. i couldnt care less what the community thinks of me tbh.

i led the first Uranus MC5 hunt. i arranged it - 30-40 of us rushing in there with a GM in tow (stephanie rodrigues from neocronicle no less, wanting to go because of her brother remembering the place when he was brainwashed [her brother who is now TG couciler]). i am arranging and hosting SUKING (Second United Kingdom Neocron Gathering).

i am always involved in this community - i dont need to shout at people to get noticed.

NC Junkie

KRIMINAL99
19-12-03, 05:38
holy cow you guys are brilliant... NM that they can just scale the game back to normal terms instead of adjusting every mob, faction guard etc in the game to the extreme overpowered defenses of ppus thereby forcing them to always be used.

PPU's should be an avg character just like everyone else. Their abillities should have remained full strength since that is their whole reason for existance, support. But their defenses need to be toned down for the game to not have an overabundance of importance placed on them. And the game should not be scaled to their defenses. People are naturally individualistic. If your trying to make them work together, you reward them for doing it not punish them for not.

The very fact that players have to be on the forums complaining about overpoweredness is rediculous. Any competent game company would have anyone with math/analyzation skills look at the situations and make models then figure out what is balanced. Judging by the rediculous amount this game is always unbalanced they just let any random punk in the company rework all the rules based on what "looks" fair and cool or something.

MindMaze
19-12-03, 05:49
I don't know if it's been said in this thread before, but I can't stand this: " Try mc5 and see how you like it now, biatch" type of posts. Simple fucking solution: nerf ppus AND nerf mobs accordingly = Perfect pvp and perfect pvm. It's not like if a ppu gets nerfed, all the mobs need to stay the SAME, they can be nerfed, too.