PDA

View Full Version : @ DEVS / @ MJS Concerning Warbot

naimex
18-12-03, 07:01
This might just sound stupid.. but it occured to me whilst watching "Judge Dredd" that the "ABC Warrior" has a remarking resemblance to the neocron "Warbot" is it by any chance that your initial design of this warbot had the abd warrior in mind ?

if yes... could you perhaps get a release of copyright from whoever made the "Judge Dredd" character and implement this

"ABC Warrior" into the game as a new mob type ? faction guard ? or even as an super-advanced "turret" to defend your ops `??

Clive tombstone
18-12-03, 07:25
Heh your right, I thought about it for a while now, but I guessed since no one was being sued, I didnt say anything:D . But your right, Ill get a pic of a ABC warrior in a min

Dribble Joy
18-12-03, 07:25
This has been mentioned before many times.

NC obviously takes aspect from many films/games/comics/books into it's design. As do many productions.

Mobile turrets/Clan defence bots that you could set a patrol path for would be cool.

Clive tombstone
18-12-03, 07:28
http://www.jeffbots.com/judgedredd1.jpg

-bender-Hey baby wanna Kill all the humans?

Spectra260
18-12-03, 07:47
ALOT of the things seem like they come from movies/other games...

not that it really matters...

naimex
18-12-03, 10:07
i have no problem with them taking stuff from places or being inspired from places and things.. but i would like them to make a complete look a like of the ABC if they can get past copyright of it, and then implement it.

Crest
18-12-03, 10:47
Question ... f you were to make a WB design ... how would you have made it different ....

Metal made monster .... either silver or white mebbe black ... big boy with robot like face and mechanical type movements.

There may be some resemblance but I think its just co-incidence..... If KKwere ripping off sdesigns you would surely see the force field generating little secuity bots from star wars... the brown ones that shoot lasers (Anyone who know what they are called is sad)

darknessfairy
18-12-03, 11:27
In one of the bg shopping malls in the UK there is a Games Workshop, and on top of the door (on a lil ledge of course) is a figure that looks remarkably like a tank :p (as in GenTank)

Varaem
18-12-03, 12:01
lol... games workshop... made space marines in the 1980s. I don't think Neocron has been around _quite_ that long.

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40K/default.htm

Ya, if you do a search, you'll get a lot of threads like this.