PDA

View Full Version : Will you be nerfing the revanger *hopes not*

Dont Mess
18-12-03, 02:26
well i just wanna know its on my mind now basically since ive had the weapon its bn the most fun. ability 2 hurt ppus and shit. pple may thing NERF coz u can kill ppus with it BUT WRONG not all well one on saturn, i stood there shooting speed 12 for like 5 mins and it wouldnt do shit. as pple said its setup. plz dont nerf it i mean its fun 4 tanks and will start 2 balance everything out. wen a ppu is rezzing an apu can antibuff and kill now a tank can do the same except no antibuff needed. its a fair weapon. also pvping with it cs tanks still hurt me i win most the time but only by 10-20 health because its SOO hard 2 aim with it so wen u hit it should hit hard.

Shadow Dancer
18-12-03, 02:27
How is it at long range?

Rade
18-12-03, 02:27
I assume that you're talking about the Devourer?

Phlith
18-12-03, 02:29
Does 6m(?) capped range constitute as long Shad?

Possessed
18-12-03, 02:29
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
How is it at long range?

443m or there abouts- thats the ravager, not the devourer

Dont Mess
18-12-03, 02:38
MY BAD

thax rade

devourer sorry i ment devourer erm i get 10ms on it

Shadow Dancer
18-12-03, 02:40
Oh yea devourer ownz. Especially great against rezzing ppus.

I hope they don't nerf it.

Dade Murphey
18-12-03, 02:47
I hope they don't screw with it...it does about the same amt of dmg total (numbers on info screen added up) as the CS...but it's just so much cooler than the CS

Wannabe
18-12-03, 02:50
So.. new rares have been in-game for what... 4 days, and now we get a nerf-thread. Ability to hurt PPUs? Uhh.. don't tell me your one of THOSE?

Gawd :rolleyes:

// Wannabe

Shadow Dancer
18-12-03, 02:51
No one's asking for a nerf...............

Dont Mess
18-12-03, 02:51
thats wat im saying pvp wise the other tank beat me 1ce i beat him twice but he and me at the end had like 10 health its balanced and a good ppu can stand it. it seperates the men from the boys *no offence if yr a female*

Jest
18-12-03, 02:52
Originally posted by Wannabe
So.. new rares have been in-game for what... 4 days, and now we get a nerf-thread. Ability to hurt PPUs? Uhh.. don't tell me your one of THOSE?
// Wannabe

Originally posted by Dont Mess
plz dont nerf it

:p

Dont Mess
18-12-03, 02:53

// Wannabe

NOO MAN READ THE POST im writeing this because every1 ive killed with it and i mean EVERY1 that alot of pple say 2 me have fun now its getting nerfed so im like FFS CANT U LEAVE IT ALONE LOOK AT U YR HYBRID AND YR TELLING ME 2 HAVE MY SHIT NERFED. its noit a nerf thread its an ANTI-NERF thread

EDIT: ROFL at jest i shoulda done it like that

Netphreak
18-12-03, 02:53
Best tank weapon yet! :D
Combined with the ravenger why would you need to rely on a CS?

DO NOT NERF!

Dont Mess
18-12-03, 02:55
nooo sometimes a CS is handy coz u kow how fukin fast PEs are its annoying 2 try hit em sometimes they die sometimes its hard espically if its 2vs1 and the Dev is a stam eater so CS comes in handy i just like usin the dev coz its new.

only had it 2days and its 104/120 :(

Wannabe
18-12-03, 03:00
Originally posted by Dont Mess
FFS CANT U LEAVE IT ALONE LOOK AT U YR HYBRID AND YR TELLING ME 2 HAVE MY SHIT NERFED.

First of all, get your facts straight before you attack me verbally. I have been a HYBRID last time in Beta 4.. I have, nor will ever be, a hybrid in retail. I'm a PURE APU that got assraped by the last patch... without lube. Pure's were nerfed and hybrid's were made stronger, thanks to changes in beam and halos.

Secondly, did I say they need to nerf it?

Thirdly, I have been mostly logging to my PE 90% of the time 'cause I'm tired of monks atm.

Fourthly, get a friggin' clue! And be GLAD you don't need to be a CAPPED APU to be able to hurt a PPU.

And one last thing, it does take a LOT to get me angry... so don't go there because you might not like it.

// WAnnabe

Dont Mess
18-12-03, 03:05
rofl stfu and stick 2 the topic or dont post

Wannabe
18-12-03, 03:08
Actually it's you with your personal attacks againts me who's not staying on topic.

And what even is the point of this anti-nerf thread again? To beg attention from KK to it so they will nerf it? Look what happend to parashock and resurrection. Surely with this kind of attention the NERF will take place.

Isn't it well past your sleeping time, dontmess?

// Wannabe

Dont Mess
18-12-03, 03:10

Isn't it well past your sleeping time, dontmess?

// Wannabe

lol ok lets not be stupd no im honestly sick and tored of pple sayning NERF it just coz they dont have any resist. and its not 2 get KK 2 nerf it y would i wanna nerf my fav weapon.

Dade Murphey
18-12-03, 03:11

// Wannabe

me and a couple people tried these out on the test server...and I have to say the devourer is THE best anti-ppu weapon I've ever seen...and man...if there were 2 tanks with these...it'd just be wicked...

Sanch0s
18-12-03, 03:13
ur all fucking n00b the devourer is a n00b weapon to become 1337 haxxors u must practise.

Start with my sig it is the sex!

I also agree though it is get rather late dont you think dont mess?

^^hahaha Dade Murphy, fanboi ^^^hackers^^ahaha ^^^^Fanboi^^^

aelfkins
18-12-03, 03:17
Silly Mess, KK doesn't nerf tanks :angel:

Dade Murphey
18-12-03, 03:18
@Sanch0s
Holy shit...mom let her preteen at the comp again...wtf are you talking about...all I said is what I witnessed...I like it a lot better than the cs...if you can't speak somewhat properly...don't bother to type...otherwise you sound like you've shoved your head up your ass...though I'd assume from your writing that it's quite accustomed to being there...now...what the fuck are you talking about?

Wannabe
18-12-03, 03:25
@dade:

Mostly because dontmess has in his info that he is from UK and UK is GMT ... I'm on GMT +2h timezone and it's 3am here. So it's 5am in UK. And prejudging from the language and punctuation he is using I'd place him in the "pre-teen" slot so therefore he will have a school morning today.

So yeah, it's kinda late. Not late for me as a have different sleeping rhytm. Mostly thanks to my work :p

// Wannabe

Nidhogg
18-12-03, 03:28
Leave the insults on the battlefield in-game please.

N

Dade Murphey
18-12-03, 03:31
hehe...sorry Nid...Sanch0s irritated me....gah...

Wannabe...I was talking about Sanch0s' post...nothing useful there...just spouting about "fanboi" blah blah balh o_O

REMUS
18-12-03, 03:40
im waiting untill the next patch before i get either of the new weapons, and yes i would say that flamethrower is easily as good as a cs if not better.

Dont Mess
18-12-03, 04:00
er wannabe yr just an idiot man i started this thread in a mature manner and u throw insults u take summin from my starting post and make it a big thing yr the id and i aint pre teen. yr the idiot judging me. mods close this thread plz i will make a poll 2 save the shit talk.

Lafiel
18-12-03, 04:06
lol yea im asking for a nerf... the thing rips threw anything... a tank in my clan and a ppu took out like 8 ppl.... so much for balanced :/ this does just the opposite

edit: the rare flame thrower that is..

Revslad
18-12-03, 04:06
Hehe dont mess' flamer gun thingy dont even tickle ma ppu :P
so guess im a man :p we last time i checked i was:D

Shadow Dancer
18-12-03, 04:17
Originally posted by Lafiel
lol yea im asking for a nerf... the thing rips threw anything... a tank in my clan and a ppu took out like 8 ppl.... so much for balanced :/ this does just the opposite

It's very short range.

Spec some poison resist. :p

Revslad
18-12-03, 05:46
if you see dont mess on saturn in pp and u dont have poison resist..hell fuck it jus get the fuck outa there :p

ResurgencE
18-12-03, 06:56
lol...It hurt my ppu quite alot when Dont Mess tried it out on me, but then again, one has to be standing still to take alot of damage from it. Due to its short range, its quite possible to outrun the tank, whos slowed down by it since its a cannon.

So if you see Dont Mess on saturn and you dont have poison resist...Dont run. Just stand 11 metres away (Since his range is 10 meters) and pop him in the noggin. :p

(Notice: This doesnt apply to close-quarters battles in PP. You get in too close, and you're on the barbecue menu).

Nvidia
18-12-03, 07:36
I don't fucking get you people! All you do is call nerfs to your fellow members that play the game with you. It's not all about YOU. Especially in a situation such as this. A new weapon FINALLY comes along that actually makes Poison Resist a VALUABLE category to pump points into and puts a use back into the game for tanks... and you're too lazy to lom or put on a belt? o_O o_O o_O

Spies: Wear a Heavy Poison Belt
Monks: Wear a Heavy Poison Belt
Tanks: They get lots of con, they can spec it naturally
PEs: Wear a Medium Poison Belt and Spec 20 Natural Poison

Was that so fucking hard? Sure it makes you weaker to everything else... but if people are smart enough, they WILL do something in their con to protect against that monster.

By the end of the week, I can almost guarantee the only people calling for a nerf will be the people who don't want to hurt their, "OMG MI RESASTS R SO UBATR, SECRAT FORMULSA, SECRAT FORMULSA!"

Mark my words :p

And I'm sorry, if you can't manage to naturally spec poison resist on a tank or spec a small amount on a PE, you are playing THE wrong fucking class.

ResurgencE
18-12-03, 07:43
Hehe...Dont think you've noticed, but the majority of the folks here have expressed their contempt for any nerfing plans, myself included.

Arguably, i did take a lot of damage from it despite the fact that my POR was at 78, but then again, i wasnt wearing any poison armour, and i was standing absolutely still. Couple that with the fact that the weapon has short range and slows you down to a crawl is sufficient enough reason for one to safely assume that anyone who calls for a nerf is currently under the influence of intoxicants and everything they say should be disregarded until after the hangover.

Nvidia
18-12-03, 07:55
Perhaps I should clarify my post... I wasn't really speaking of anyone in this thread... but at the constant amounts of people who I've heard in-game and on these forums calling for a nerf, when they're really just too lazy to do anything about it.

It's a proven fact: People want the world by the ass, they don't wanna do a damn thing to accomplish things, and when they don't get their way, they complain. You can look at any given situation in the world than involves a conflict between two groups of people, and if you look past all the bullshit, it comes down to one group wanting to have their cake and eat it too.

ResurgencE
18-12-03, 08:02
Agreed.

But im glad to see people like us are ready to adapt to changes, especially welcome ones like these that enable the tanks to actually serve a a greater purpose, thus balancing them in terms of sheer firepower. The tank ought to be a good fighter, seeing as he cannot do much else.

Personally, i dont have a tank, but im glad for all the tanks out there who can now use a diverse array of weaponry for PvP, thus not limiting themselves to a CS and nothing further.

(*Turns to the whiners begging for a nerf): Its not 'over-powered' when the class is INTENDED to be strong.

Dade Murphey
18-12-03, 09:27
Originally posted by Lafiel

I dunno dude...my tank on the test server can stand up to it pretty well...even with the war gas...and no ppu...my PE on the other hand...now that's just sad...hahah

Original monk
18-12-03, 11:11
indeed dont mess, ya better watch out with making dont-nerfthreads to an audience that likes to NERF classes to dead (like the majority of this forum)...

soon there will be 50 people with nice signatures like: i dont wonna be a human torch: NERF THE TANKS ... and stuff like that ...

its a nice weapon but nice songs doesnt have a long duration ... with this i mean, enjoy it while ya can before the antiflamer commitee comes into play ... daamn petetic nerfcallers, them stupid PE's wonna nerf anything that moves until there "jack of all trade characters" own the specialized characters ...

g0rt
18-12-03, 11:41
Originally posted by Original monk

soon there will be 50 people with nice signatures like: i dont wonna be a human torch: NERF THE TANKS ... and stuff like that ...

haha ya really this community is a bloody joke that way when you really think about it

the ravager is godo but not overpowered at all, a cs still beats it out. it has its place as an alternative to the CS for people who want to be different, and for long range combat with the tank, which before was only possible with a speed gat and 90% of the bullets would MISS the target.

ravager = fine the way it is

so is devourer

dont nerf anything u whiners

Shadow Dancer
18-12-03, 11:43
Ravager is underpowered IMO.

g0rt
18-12-03, 11:45
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Ravager is underpowered IMO.

One would say its underpowered if you take one shot at a guy and look at the dmg.

But I found that the dmg definately stacks, in teh same way as a liberator. If you drill a guy with a full clip without a miss, he's gonna take huge amounts of damage.

nugz420
18-12-03, 12:27
Devourer is fine after i changed my setup it was like any other weapon.Granted I may take alittle more from a cs now but hey Devourer dont rape me.

Semi experienced tank commenting here

Dont Mess
18-12-03, 15:05
Originally posted by ResurgencE

So if you see Dont Mess on saturn and you dont have poison resist...Dont run. Just stand 11 metres away (Since his range is 10 meters) and pop him in the noggin. :p

(Notice: This doesnt apply to close-quarters battles in PP. You get in too close, and you're on the barbecue menu).

EXACTLY thats how the weapon is balanced no ppu is gonna stand there like a lemon and get stacked 2 shitthats y its fukin hard. wen a ppu rezzes if the ppu is good then they can affort to straf left and right abit so its hard 2 aim on them unlike monks who have NO aim so its easy 4 them (not making this a NERF monk im pointing out the fact that its true so dont try and defend the monk in this thread its a TANK only)

Originally posted by Nvidia

Spies: Wear a Heavy Poison Belt
Monks: Wear a Heavy Poison Belt
Tanks: They get lots of con, they can spec it naturally
PEs: Wear a Medium Poison Belt and Spec 20 Natural Poison

Was that so fucking hard? Sure it makes you weaker to everything else... but if people are smart enough, they WILL do something in their con to protect against that monster.

By the end of the week, I can almost guarantee the only people calling for a nerf will be the people who don't want to hurt their, "OMG MI RESASTS R SO UBATR, SECRAT FORMULSA, SECRAT FORMULSA!"

Mark my words :p

And I'm sorry, if you can't manage to naturally spec poison resist on a tank or spec a small amount on a PE, you are playing THE wrong fucking class.

same thing EXACTLY MY POINT fix yr con i mean wen i tested it on stigmata on saturn he took MORE direct straight hits on his tank then a ppu COZ HE HAS POSION RESIST.

Originally posted by Revslad
Hehe dont mess' flamer gun thingy dont even tickle ma ppu :P
so guess im a man :p we last time i checked i was:D

FINALLY no fukin joke i was standing in PP shooting this bitch ppu for like 5 mins i lost like 3% on the dev like wtf it did 13 2 him the most mayb 20. as u can see the rite setup and rite skills fixes all.

Remember a while bak every1 had NERF the CS threads and nothing was done well i hope the same will be for this.

mods leave the thread open now ignore my closing thing now pple are talking on topic. thanx

DM

Shadow Dancer
18-12-03, 22:30
Originally posted by g0rt
One would say its underpowered if you take one shot at a guy and look at the dmg.

But I found that the dmg definately stacks, in teh same way as a liberator. If you drill a guy with a full clip without a miss, he's gonna take huge amounts of damage.

What doesn't hurt if you don't miss?

:)