View Full Version : [new Gfx] World Map

Ascension
18-12-03, 01:38
Here is the Final New Map: Featuring

- Leveling Caves
- Non Op Gogo's
- ASG garages
- Monk , Spy & PE PA vendors

NOTE: image reduced to Cut down load times!
http://wolfenstein.co.uk/cod/Sigs/map5.gif

Hope to hear your comments :D

Thanx all for your comments etc..

Please Rate this 5 Stars

If You want to have nice world map in game, then make the next steps:

Create path ./language/eng/gfx/maps in your neocron directory (or ./language/ger/gfx/maps for german version)
Download [ the later version further down this thread ] Don't click this link, use menu "save target as..." instead!
Start neocron and press F9 / "World map"
If the map is not pleasant, simply remove this file and old map will be automatically restored.

Phlith
18-12-03, 01:40
w00t, i reiterate, great job.

Al3X
18-12-03, 01:43
very nice
*installs map*

Psyco Groupie
18-12-03, 01:50
cool

its abit like wheres wally finding the PA circles ... perhaps they need a colour change or a different symbol - im sure its easier to see ingame the way it is however!

good job

Ascension
18-12-03, 01:58
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
cool

its abit like wheres wally finding the PA circles ... perhaps they need a colour change or a different symbol - im sure its easier to see ingame the way it is however!

good job

Yeah it is easier to see em in-game.. Well on my screen :D

Jest
18-12-03, 02:04
Is it still showing in Black and White?

Ascension
18-12-03, 02:07
Originally posted by Jest
Is it still showing in Black and White?

Nope its fully operational :D if ya look on the screen shot u can see my in-game cursor;)

Jest
18-12-03, 02:09
Originally posted by Ascention
Nope its fully operational :D if ya look on the screen shot u can see my in-game cursor;) Ahhh sexeh, I'll set it up when I get home. :cool:

Dade Murphey
18-12-03, 02:58
I really like the map...looks good in game too...nice job

Wannabe
18-12-03, 03:11
So you finally got it to work. Great work Ascention... erm, the NEMA logo is still there..

Mind to do me a "special" version of it :)

// Wannabe

SovKhan
18-12-03, 03:16
Originally posted by Wannabe
erm, the NEMA logo is still there..
// Wannabe

thats because he just edited the base map. however ascention look at teh neocron.ems.ru it still has some things that your map does not.. like the cave numbers on the SC's ect. that is particularly usfull when someone dies and doesnt know which zone it is in. ie. someone can log out see which cave they are in you look at your map and go...

Wannabe
18-12-03, 03:57
I know Sov. I was talking with Ascention about it and I kind off dislike the logo. Then again, I'm a weird personality.

// Wannabe

Wharg0ul
18-12-03, 05:28
I came, I saw, I installed......good job!

Ascension
18-12-03, 09:57
Originally posted by Wannabe
So you finally got it to work. Great work Ascention... erm, the NEMA logo is still there..

Mind to do me a "special" version of it :)

// Wannabe

A few people said they liked the logo.. and i felt like a theif cos i edited the Nema Logo of the map...

It lokked good..! and yes i have the map without the logo on my PC ;) i will PM you the link..

Also SVK i am gonna add them in after popular request... Lots of PM's..

Can anyone think of anything they want on or improved?

Thanx All, Ascention *

Archeus
18-12-03, 12:01
What about POI (Point of Intrest) markers too?

I can list a few out for you later if you want.

Ascension
18-12-03, 16:23
Yes Please Arch! WAnna just take a screen shot and mark on where they arwe then.. I can add em on and then compress it..

then release with the extra stuff people suggested:)

BramTops
18-12-03, 16:37
Hey Ascention, great work!

Mind it if i'd include it in NeoLauncherPRO? ;)

Psyco Groupie
18-12-03, 16:41
This thread is all warm and fuzzy :D

Tratos
18-12-03, 18:29
MMmmm.....new map rocks :D

Well done Ascention :)

~T

RuriHoshino
18-12-03, 19:10
Oh joy :(

installed the map and installed Brammers new pro and now it won't run NC. Ran original launcher...no joy. And all the error log says is "Set Driver and Mode failed". *waaaaaahhhhh*

I don't want to have to reinstall :(

J. Folsom
18-12-03, 19:12
Originally posted by RuriHoshino
Oh joy :(

installed the map and installed Brammers new pro and now it won't run NC. Ran original launcher...no joy. And all the error log says is "Set Driver and Mode failed". *waaaaaahhhhh*

I don't want to have to reinstall :( Try Start>Programs>Neocron>Configure Neocron, seems like something went wrong with neocron.ini.

RuriHoshino
18-12-03, 19:20
Originally posted by J. Folsom
Try Start>Programs>Neocron>Configure Neocron, seems like something went wrong with neocron.ini.

Doesn't help and I went all the way down to 800x600x16 :(

I get a very brief flash of a black window then it disappears and it's like it never ran.

BramTops
18-12-03, 19:44
Originally posted by RuriHoshino
Doesn't help and I went all the way down to 800x600x16 :(

I get a very brief flash of a black window then it disappears and it's like it never ran.

They mysterious "neocron wont run" bug. There are dozens of posts about it on the forums. Try the search function.
There's isn't a single all-working sollution. When it happens with me, nothing works, I just wait a day and it all works again.... not much of a solution, but I've tried everything :(

Ascension
18-12-03, 20:40
Originally posted by BramTops
Hey Ascention, great work!

Mind it if i'd include it in NeoLauncherPRO? ;)

Yes Sure go ahead m8 :D

This will be the 1st version....

Oh and BTW the map will not intefere with the game.. Unless the folder names are incorrect!:(

Am gonna set down and work it sum more:

Make trhe apu/ppu and pe/spy writting larger.. add the cave number e.g SC 3..

and also Arch is gonna gimmi some points of interest:)

So BramTops Get ready for that PM to say its ready to add onto the launcher..

Glad most people like it:D

Thanx all again! Ascention

Ascension
19-12-03, 00:50
Version 2

* Cave Number
* Visable PA Vendor Names

http://wolfenstein.co.uk/cod/Sigs/map55.gif

If You want to have Version 2 Of this Map.

Create path ./language/eng/gfx/maps in your neocron directory (or ./language/ger/gfx/maps for german version)
Download This file (http://wolfenstein.co.uk/cod/Sigs/pak_terrain_1024.zip) (~300Kb) into created directory. Don't click this link, use menu "save target as..." instead!
Start neocron and press F9 / "World map"
If the map is not pleasant, simply remove this file and old map will be automatically restored.

Ascension
19-12-03, 02:34
*sigh* that hard work and no 1 hets to see the Improved 1 cos They only see the 1st pic not the 1 on the 2nd page :(

Egeon
19-12-03, 02:52
Well, I see it and it looks absolutely great!

You could tell a mod to make an edit to your first post, so that everyone knows that a second version is available.

edit: typos

Ascension
19-12-03, 03:06
Originally posted by Egeon
Well, I see it and it looks absolutely great!

You could tell a mos to make an edit to your first post, so that everyone knows that a second version is available.

MR MODERATOR PLEASE CAN YOU EDIT MY POST SO PEEPS KNOW THERE IS A NEW VERSION AVAILABLE

Thanx :D

Ascension
19-12-03, 19:08
Originally posted by Ascention
MR MODERATOR PLEASE CAN YOU EDIT MY POST SO PEEPS KNOW THERE IS A NEW VERSION AVAILABLE

Thanx :D

Any mod there? *Heloooooooooooooooooooo*

http://wolfenstein.co.uk/cod/Sigs/map55.gif