PDA

View Full Version : anti-air rocket launchers.

Clive tombstone
18-12-03, 00:54
Anyone notice this? I was playing a bit with rocket launchers, and I decided to make an AA(anti air)-rocket launcher, good news was, I got 3 slots on my first one, Bad news is, Nothing works for modding it, No Ammo mods, Barrels, ammo delivery, and Gyros dont work on em.

My suggestion (im wondering if this is the place I should post this) is that you enable Mods for this, Heck could you enable laser pointers on The AA rocket launcher? ever hear about "laser guided weapons"? it makes sence, so how bout fixing that?

Im well aware that these AARL's (im tired of spelling it out :D ) have nothing to fullfill there purpose with, Well maybe with the exception of Hover bombers, Hoppers and Vultures :D. but come on?

just as an note, could people please respond to this? for some reason, I have a very low respond rate for most of my posts

Rieper
18-12-03, 01:07
hmmm, i hope the mods would come out when the gliders are released :) (well, why else would you want a AARL?!)

Clive tombstone
18-12-03, 01:08
To shoot Vultures with, and Gliders heh :D
besides that, I just like making uncommon weapons, sorta like my 4 slot stabber pulse laser with a laser pointer :D

t0tt3
18-12-03, 01:53
that would be cool and "screamers" for the spies.
If you not seen the movie of the first model then ever played starcraft? The vulutre mines it with that to, like some sort of guided mines that runs to the target when you are to close to it =)

Scikar
18-12-03, 02:01
Just as a guess, try pistol mods. Originally, due to a bug, they had a P-C req, this was fixed on the test server before they went retail, but it's possible they might only take pistol mods and nobody noticed.

The current use for them is to kill hovertecs. Anti-vehicle rockets do more damage but they don't home in, so they're only good against Rhinos etc. But anti-air rockets track their targets, so you can tag that pesky spy on his hovertec. :)

Clive tombstone
18-12-03, 03:06
Still, Ive been playing C&C generals, and I want a Laser pointer on me rocket launcher, and I quote "I wanna blow somthing up"-USA missle soldier-

Wannabe
18-12-03, 03:10
I was browsing thru the GFX.pak last night while testing a new software tool for it, and run across something interesting. The graphics for glider keys. They did not have the requirements on them so I can't, nor I would, reveal much but they should come in-game in the next patch or so.

Let's hope nothing FATAL happens when you crash in your now glider and you FRE when you zone :D

// Wannabe

Clive tombstone
18-12-03, 03:22
And lets hope to god that Spy's wont be the only things flying those babies:D

StryfeX
18-12-03, 04:00
AA launchers need to be homing to a degree (if they are already, please excuse this n00bish post since I actually have not used one). Given the "drunken" effect and how hard it is to accurately predict speed and distance due to lag already, I can see maybe one out of about 50 rockets fired actually hitting a good pilot, *IF* that.

--Stryfe

Wannabe
18-12-03, 04:02
Actually, if you think about the requirements of non-combat vehicles, with the requirements being mostly INT and VHC, both skills where spies can a lot of skill.

I just hope I could fly one with my PE ... :> But then I can always dream :\

// Wannabe

Clive tombstone
18-12-03, 05:56
Dont just dream, PLEAD I mean, come on, why should KK limit Flying vehicles to Spy's? thats like limmiting dex weapons to spy's simply because they have a Higher max cap.

see where Im going with this? Anywho, damage is also borked on the blasted things, I mean, I shot a vulture with it while I was exploreing the wastelands(and making a trip to DoY :D ) and I tested my Anti air on a bunch of different monsters, Flying and not. On vultures, it did like 11 damage (thats REALLY lame, mines cool on all stats, and its like 42 TL? it says at neocron.ems that the stupid thing does about 375 damage to a 50/50 monster too) I just think this weapon is borked at the min, but still Id like some more opinions K?

El Barto
18-12-03, 10:59
Its an ANTI AIR rocket launcher, so it uses ANT AIR rockets, thats why there is no ammo mods for it, also you can mod it with the other stuff, I did.

Original monk
18-12-03, 11:17
Originally posted by Clive tombstone
and I quote "I wanna blow somthing up"-USA missle soldier-

i play dr.traxh, the GLA poisongeneral :P i wub that game :P

Scikar
18-12-03, 12:00
The rockets already home in with the AA rocket launcher, and PEs have enough spy toys as it is without stealing gliders as well.

Clive tombstone
18-12-03, 17:10
Well, i tried modding them, but it didnt work, maybe Ill try again. but anywho, come on, why should "hovers" be conciderd spy toys? isnt that a bit one sided?

Jesterthegreat
18-12-03, 17:16
Still, Ive been playing C&C generals, and I want a Laser pointer on me rocket launcher, and I quote "I wanna blow somthing up"-USA missle soldier-

"I'll shoot anything" -USA Rocket Soldier

:p

Elric
18-12-03, 17:43
Well, i tried modding them, but it didnt work, maybe Ill try again. but anywho, come on, why should "hovers" be conciderd spy toys? isnt that a bit one sided?

Nope, since a large majority of the combat vehicles currently in are PE only toys (or tank). Spys cant realistically reach the STR reqs without gimping themselves a bit.

Clive tombstone
18-12-03, 20:32
Well Now when you look at it, the assault Trike is now almost ONLY PE only which, even being a PE, i dont think is fair, The hole raise in skill reqs for combat parts of vehicles is kinda, err is lame.

I mean, yah, SPys can Easily use all vehicles, cept for the friggin trike's which I cant even use till i get my move on chip. Im kinda all for vehicle specilizations. Its kinda like this, If I wanted to Completly specialize as a Vehicle fighter, more accuratly, assault trike, Id need to put my HC up, trade my rifle skills for repair skills, to keep it in one piece of course, and change imps, so I inhand wouldnt be that good in combat, but I would be leathal in my trike. you see, but back to your point. Yah, you were part right, Now because of the patch, we cant even use the turrets on 4x4's without gimping ourselfs, so please dont say that all vehicles are PE's toys.

I mean look, you guys have toys too, drones? we cant use them efficiently but you can, its sorta a tradeoff you know, there's a balance to everything, so IF we dont get "Hovers", err the ability to fly them as PE, then HOPEFULLY therell be something to balance that out for use as well as the rest of the classes.

Clive tombstone
18-12-03, 22:14
Ohh BTW, heres a nouther good one

"one way trip" and "you want to drive?"
-C&C redalert2 libain nuklearbomb truck-

Scikar
18-12-03, 23:27
I thought it was funnier when they said "Watch out for the bumps!" ;)