PDA

View Full Version : chat with neocron citizens

ChemiK
17-12-03, 23:12
Hi,

what do you think about chat from the website (or irc client) with players being inside neocron world?
Of course website gateway would be accessible for players with actuall accounts.

Phlith
17-12-03, 23:14
I'm not trying to be rude, but what exactly are you saying? I don't quite understand what your trying to propose.

ChemiK
17-12-03, 23:16
On the neocron website is window where you can talk to players which are currently in the game.

naimex
17-12-03, 23:25
if it is this you are trying to say .. im all in for it man ::

-------------------------------------------------------------------
A chat client on ie. neocron.com website that is connected to a "CUSTOM :: Website Chat" ingame.

meaning people ingame can talk to people on website chat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

im in for that :)

Spoon
17-12-03, 23:31
Are you the same ChemiK, that's in the Mimesis beta?

ChemiK
17-12-03, 23:32
-------------------------------------------------------------------
A chat client on ie. neocron.com website that is connected to a "CUSTOM :: Website Chat" ingame.

meaning people ingame can talk to people on website chat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

and people on website can talk to people in game

exactly

Breschau
18-12-03, 01:02
Would you need to have an active account to access this website chat thing?

(fwiw, I'd think it'd be an essential requirement)

ChemiK
18-12-03, 01:56
Originally posted by Breschau
Would you need to have an active account to access this website chat thing?

(fwiw, I'd think it'd be an essential requirement)

Yes. Otherwise there could be a mess.

Gotterdammerung
18-12-03, 02:00
There is another mmorpg out there that enables you to login to the chat channels of the online game. You obviously need to have a valid game account to do so and when talking I'm pretty sure it identifies you in someway to the normal in-game players that you are on the chat only feature. You can then keep up to date with clan & in-game happenings all through the day.

Is that what you have in mind ?

ChemiK
18-12-03, 02:07
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
There is another mmorpg out there that enables you to login to the chat channels of the online game. You obviously need to have a valid game account to do so and when talking I'm pretty sure it identifies you in someway to the normal in-game players that you are on the chat only feature. You can then keep up to date with clan & in-game happenings all through the day.

Is that what you have in mind ?

Exactly - and sometimes you have to talk to your game/clan friends and you don't have a full NC client.

J. Folsom
18-12-03, 13:47
I think it'd work better the other way around, that is, make it possible for the Neocron client to connect to an IRC channel.

Original monk
18-12-03, 13:52
i wish i could sit here at work and make trades (and spam) on the ingame tradechannel, so when i come home i can do the trades that been planned during the afternoon ...

so i vote yes for this idea and give it 5 stars

it gives me the neocronfeeling at work :P must be uber :)

SeXy Happy
18-12-03, 17:32
Yeah I love the idea too. 5 Stars!

Zanathos
18-12-03, 18:08
Would be nice, but I wouldnt use it unless I REALLY needed to.