PDA

View Full Version : Tech Part Organization

hudsonbeck
17-12-03, 22:21
I am in charge of the tech parts for my clan.
The problem i have is that it is getting more and more difficult to organize the parts and store them. I can keep track of all the parts on a nice spreadsheet, but i have 2 plaza lvl 3 apts and the cabs get full all the time.
The main problem is that all the parts wont fit into one cab. I seperated them into lowtech and hightech but still... there are so many hightech rares now... they become too full all the time.
Especially pistols, rifles and APU.

How do you store your parts?

I also hate how when the cab is full it wont stack the parts correctly anymore. Say i have a TP of RoLH. In the cab that is full i have a stack of three of that same part. I go to put the TP of RoLH in and it says "container full." I have to bring the TP of RoLH into my Inv and thus stack it to 4. Then i am able to put it back into the cab :(

What do you other guys/gals do in seperating/storing your parts when you have a huge collection?

Thanks,
Hudson

Psyco Groupie
17-12-03, 22:24
resently ive been dumping em anywhere and picking out the psi / ultima and other nice ones ... but i've just started pooling with some old clanies and were gonna do per apt .. like one apt for apu .. one for ppu .. etc

this works pretty well :P

greploco
17-12-03, 22:34
my parts guy is a resser - he share separate clan with conster, it's a good team

used to store all sorts of blueprintable loot in the clan apt, but have since moved that to a plaza apartment as you don't access that stuff all the time

~65% of the rares I keep on my person in inventory at all times, it's really easy to organize because when you drop something in a spot in your inventory it stays in that spot - very cool

the problem comes in when you hit the limit of different types of items you can carry -- whenever I hit that I offload categories of parts into the resser/conster clan apartment

between my inventory and a whole set of clan cabs I have no problem keeping things cleanly organized

also --- as items approach completion, when I get 5/6 or 4/5 parts I put those back at the top of my inventory

Maarten
17-12-03, 22:51
I have over 750 rare parts plus almost all lvl 3 implants in the game. This is how I store them:

Plaza lvl 3 app numero 1: (weapons)

(cabs in the living room)
Cab1: Pistols A - L
Cab2: Pistols M - Z
Cab3: Rifles A - P
Cab4: Rifles R - Z
Cab5: Heavy
Cab6: APU spells
Cab7: PPU spells
Cab8: Melee

(cabs next to gogo)
Cab9: Useless APU/PPU spells (like normal antibuff and catharsis)
Cab10: Empty

Plaza lvl 3 app numero 2: (other rares)

(cabs in the living room)
Cab1: Brain imps (Marine, SF, SS, Psi-Core and Rigger)
Cab2: MC5 imps
Cab3: Gloves
Cab4: Ultima-enhancements
Cab5: Slotenhancers
Cab6: Drones and Stealth Tool
Cab7: lvl3/4 eyes, backbones, hearts
Cab8: Experimental/BQ bone enforcements

(cabs next to gogo)
Cab9: rare PSI chips
Cab10: other rare chips

Progenitor
17-12-03, 22:52
Outzone Storage Cells - 15 cabs use to hold everything nicely.

Had to break up APU/PPU, Rifles, and Pistols into 2 cabs each.

It's a tight fit now.

-p

hudsonbeck
17-12-03, 23:06
one problem is that i probably got between 1500 and 2000 techs and i dont like to build them all when they are ready. I think I would be ok if i just built them all when they were ready.

H

Phlith
17-12-03, 23:08
I just use a different spreadsheat or database for each of my apartments.

Mumblyfish
17-12-03, 23:09
Whenever I get a new techpart, I cry.

2 apartments isn't enough? Waaaaaaaaaaah!

Ehyuko
17-12-03, 23:31
All techparts will [barely] fit into a VR3 apartment I'm unsure if the MC5 chips will also fit as well.

I have them organized

Pistols [some are in the melee rares cab]
Melee rares
HC rares [some misc rares here too like machina glove parts]
Misc rares [obliterator, ultimas, slot enhancers]
Rare imps [and remainder of machina glove parts]
Rifle rares [2 separate cabs, the less full one also has some ppu rares]
Apu rares
ppu rares
One built rares/high level tool/non-drop/epic/drone rares cab

Some mixing is required to fit them all in [as complete sets], but having them all in one aptartment is very handy when looking for something - if you don't have or care to make a spreadsheet.

g0rt
18-12-03, 00:28
1. pistols
2. rifles
3. apu
4. ppu
5. melee
6. heavy weapons
7. slot enhancers/freezers(melee/rifle)
8. drones/ultima mods
9. implants/gloves/stealths
10. mc5

that right there works for me. it would, though, be overflowing if u had every ppu part, for example, in one bin....but as soon as im within 1 or 2 parts of building a rare i trade for those parts and get it built.

DonnyJepp
18-12-03, 00:45
Keep one slot open in every cabinet. Then you can add tech parts to a stack without doing the "pull stack out-put stack back" routine.

I think that works out to either 32 or 37 different techs per cabinet.

mr murb
18-12-03, 01:24
PP starter apt 8 cabinets
They won’t all fit, but I have been lucky and either trade or build something.
1 psi apu
2 psi ppu
3 pistols
4 rifles
5 tank
6 imps/gloves
7 slot enhancers / drones
8 extra

TS clan apt.
Shared stuff, incoming rares

pp small apt
PPU stuff

pp small apt
APU stuff

pp small apt
level 3 imps

pp small apt
level one imps and unresearched rares (mostly E’s since they take to much time), pistol stuff

via 2 starter apt
level 2 imp bp's, drone bp's, pistol bp's.

pp starter apt
drone stuff / armor

via 2 starter apt
crap that I don’t know what to do with.

I save way to much stuff, I have a cabinet full of just viper armor. And I don’t have a tank.

and this is just one server. :wtf: O_o O_o O_o O_o