PDA

View Full Version : delay on ppu spells?

Kikyo
17-12-03, 20:16
i don't know really, but it SEEMS like theres a little bit delay on how fast u can cast your spells when switching between spells and casting, went to mc5 tonight and it just didnt feel right, everything seemed slower on casts.

anyone else notice this or is it just me?

Zanathos
17-12-03, 20:17
Not me, once i cast my spell, i pull out the next one and cast it, then the next, next... next.......

I do it on my PE alot

basic resist 2... pistol 1, spy 1, deflector, shelter, heal.

Ryuben
17-12-03, 20:17
yeah i thought my spells were slugish in casting

mainly noticable on the holy damage boost

:confused:

Zanathos
17-12-03, 20:19
not for me, my ppu cast them just fine, but of course, my PE is slow as a donkey in casting damage boost.

Phlith
17-12-03, 20:20
Sometimes I notice when spells won't switch, especially in PP a few days ago on a friend char, took about 5 tries to get the fucking spell to pull.

Kikyo
17-12-03, 20:21
i can't really notice it on any class but the ppu, it could be lag but just doesn't seem like it

Archeus
17-12-03, 20:31
There has since a few patches back been a kind of dead zone between switching/casting.

It happens in certain zones, I guess each zone is on different servers and certain servers are given more processing power.

I try two certain spells in an Op zone they cast fast when switching. If I try the same spells in say my Plaza I apt they will have a huge lag time between switching and when I can actually cast.

Likewise in certain public zones (like NC).

Carinth
17-12-03, 22:17
For me, my ability to switch between spells, cast spells, and the speed of those spells in casting/switching is dependant on how much I need them. For the most part I just assumed this was my fault, same as in how time seems to slow down when you're in a boring lecture. But it's so consistant that I'm starting to think theres something to it.

During combat, specificly while I'm under fire, I notice a dramatic decrease in my ppu abilities. I cast much slower, it's harder to switch between spells, sometimes it won't switch at all, spells fail to stick even though you cast them, and spell duration seems to shrink. It's almost as if they coded in murphy's law to always strike my ppu at the worst time.

I suspect some of this is the result of Parashock. It's well known that parashock slows down your ability to move, but it also slows down your ability to aim. It can literaly feel like someone turned down the mouse sensitivity settings for you. Just as para's shock power has fluctuated between patches, so has the aim decrease fluctuated. Maybe its strengthed in the recent patches? This doesn't account for why spells seem to slow down/fail, but it could be a factor. With your character's motions slowed down, I can see how that might mess up your control of him. Most monks have timing down pretty well so they know when they can switch spells and when they can stop a spell yet still have the effect pop up. These things would be effected by your character being shocked. Since most of the time you end up being shocked during combat, this would make sense.

Otherwise I can't explain why we seem to be so unlucky. I'm sure some of it is my imagination, but I've heard from others that report similar failure during combat.

ghandisfury
17-12-03, 22:29
I've noticed it the most with my heal.....I have fizzled alot with my heal durring this patch.

Shadow Dancer
17-12-03, 23:49
Originally posted by ghandisfury
I've noticed it the most with my heal.....I have fizzled alot with my heal durring this patch.

Me too. And damage boost. It's extremely aggravating.

ghandisfury
18-12-03, 00:08
Yup, especially when you die from it:mad:......YAAAARRRRR!!!!

g0rt
18-12-03, 00:30
never noticed this, do notice buffs not sticking sometimes and its really bloody annoying...aka boosters drop, recast them, and they dont apply juts like if you alt tabbed

bounty
18-12-03, 01:34
Originally posted by Kikyo
i don't know really, but it SEEMS like theres a little bit delay on how fast u can cast your spells when switching between spells and casting, went to mc5 tonight and it just didnt feel right, everything seemed slower on casts.

anyone else notice this or is it just me?

no doubt about it, noticed it since last patch... Slow casting, some lots of misfires, and overall just feel laggy and like my hitting the button doesn't compute all of the time.