PDA

View Full Version : So I was thinking...

trigger hurt
17-12-03, 19:53
The other day, someone said

"I want a rare nail gun"

There were the usual "yeah, that would be cool", "poison nails are the mcpwn", etc, etc.

But I was thinking. Nailguns can push people around. Why don't unnerf the rez a little bit and give us a rare nailgun. Instead of trying to kill the ppu who is rezzing his team, we can make his spell fizzle by knocking him across the zone.

Your thoughts?

GT_Rince
17-12-03, 19:55
I don't think that KK will un-nerf Rezz, but I would like a rare nailgun :D

Sefran
17-12-03, 19:56
Yeah piss more ppl off, such guns are annoying....same like ur getting para'ed all the time

Zanathos
17-12-03, 19:57
yes..... lets increase the rare part pool even further with a rare nailgun!

g0rt
17-12-03, 20:00
Originally posted by Zanathos
yes..... lets increase the rare part pool even further with a rare nailgun!

Oh ya since its so hard to get rares right?

Ive farmed over 200 rares in the past 3 days WOW SO TOUGH.

Zanathos
17-12-03, 20:04
you must of done it non stop then for 3 days.

since the most ive ever recieved in 3 days was... 25? 30? probably 25. since ive farmed mostly all the time with my pluto character.

i say no, theres no need for it. You want it cause it would be amusing to have a rare nailgun.

or you were extremly lucky.

ive hunted for an hour before and recieved 1 tech part

and this is on a rank 39/57 character.

I also dont have the time to sit at a computer ALL day and play Neocron.

g0rt
17-12-03, 20:10
Originally posted by Zanathos
you must of done it non stop then for 3 days.

since the most ive ever recieved in 3 days was... 25? 30? probably 25. since ive farmed mostly all the time with my pluto character.

i say no, theres no need for it. You want it cause it would be amusing to have a rare nailgun.

or you were extremly lucky.

ive hunted for an hour before and recieved 1 tech part

and this is on a rank 39/57 character.

I also dont have the time to sit at a computer ALL day and play Neocron.

Its all about knowing the best, concentrated fire mob spawn, and knowing what rank to be...oh ya and you need a PPU/APU team :rolleyes:

But yea its possible to get roughly 20-25 rares/hour without too much trouble.

Zanathos
17-12-03, 20:13
Hmmm... my PE on pluto can kill warbots, decayed just fine with very little trouble and without running for cover much.

4 clips and a warbot is dead, 5 for warbot titan, more for the decayed of course. and I dont get many parts there either.

fire mobs are pretty much a no no for me, due to the fact im TT and too many faction enemies to worry about in that area.

Zanathos
17-12-03, 20:15
I will say that in about 30-45 minutes, my team of people that I went with warbot hunting on saturn got 13 tech parts.

Bah! Should of edited this in with my other post, wasnt thinking as Im doing school work at the same time here :p

trigger hurt
17-12-03, 20:31
There are more places to hunt firemobs other than cycrow. Some are a little run, but with a neutral GR very close to one of the best places I have found to hunt them, the walk ain't all that bad.

Please don't turn this into a 'the rare pool is polluted' discussion.

Zanathos
17-12-03, 20:36
i dont hunt at cycrow, in fact, i have barly even hunted around the fire mob areas.

maybe one day ill ask my clan to come with me to find a GOOD spot devoid of any enemies.

Its bad for TT's because of the FA and TG close by.

rare nailgun, no, not needed.

Psyco Groupie
17-12-03, 20:37
/me whips out old tool

http://www.p3n.nildram.co.uk/images/cron/droprate.jpg

a nailgun would be cool but without the knock around thing ...

Zanathos
17-12-03, 20:39
theres too many rare stuff and too many parts. a nailgun would pollute the rare pool more so.

however, if there were ALOT of rare stuff, and every mob that could drop rares dropped 1 rare part, i wouldnt mind if they added stuff to the pool because your guaranteed to get alot of rare parts to at least trade with to get what you need.

Thats IF the rare part drops were greater than they are now.....

ghandisfury
17-12-03, 22:47
You have a rare nail gun, it's called the wyatt erp. kthxby.

Psyco Groupie
17-12-03, 22:58
wyatt needs TL increasign a few levels and or adding wyatt norp and it being tl 90 something :P

Kimiko
17-12-03, 23:01
What gets me is a Nailgun will smack you 4-5 feet in some cases... whereas a sniper rifle to your chest wont budge you more than an inch.

Wheres the logic?

g0rt
18-12-03, 00:21
Originally posted by ghandisfury
You have a rare nail gun, it's called the wyatt erp. kthxby.

Last I checked, nailguns shoot nails, not 9mm clips of ammo.

Rofl gg kthxby

t0tt3
18-12-03, 00:27
well the PPU:s has allready get into the new rezz nerf..
the bastards are hiding so good now. If you are a noob ask any NDA - Dark - SS PPU they know what to do.

What I saw today was one of the best fight in this patch all long 40 - 60 min OP war.. Yay way to go Pluto

Yea give the pistols a rare nailgun TL 90 ? =/

40$Poser
18-12-03, 00:45
seriously, remove some of teh crap melee rares and add in some cool and useful rares. it'd be a treat for low tech pes.

g0rt
18-12-03, 11:57
Originally posted by 40$Poser
seriously, remove some of teh crap melee rares and add in some cool and useful rares. it'd be a treat for low tech pes.

add the terminator it was in a paatch note like 6 months ago and its still not in the game WTF is that, kk if ur hoping were gonna all forget about it so you don't have to finish the job, you're WRONG