PDA

View Full Version : what is wrong with kk and monks

Dont Mess
17-12-03, 18:23
u nerf the hybrid and then u overpower apus then u fukin gimp the ppu and now there hybrids that are still string still overpowered its not just a fukin nerf thread im asking do something about it this game never intended 2 have hybrids so fukin fix it. while im on it sort out the apus exploiting shooting thru walls.

Psycho_Soldier
17-12-03, 18:25
Originally posted by Dont Mess
this game never intended 2 have hybrids so fukin fix it

How do you know what they did or did not intend? I remember KK saying hybrids should be a viable choice.

KimmyG
17-12-03, 18:25
Hybrids are shit they are good for 1v1 but that is it. Anytime I have seen hybrids in any form of group combat they are doing anything spectaular.

Jesterthegreat
17-12-03, 18:29
u nerf the hybrid and then u overpower apus then u fukin gimp the ppu and now there hybrids that are still string still overpowered its not just a fukin nerf thread im asking do something about it this game never intended 2 have hybrids so fukin fix it. while im on it sort out the apus exploiting shooting thru walls.

hmm... this thread doesnt supprise me from someone who wouldnt believe i could get my pistol spy's rank to ** O_o

shush... be quiet. KK's game. leave them be.

PPU's are fine. nothing nerfed holy deflector / shelter / heal. they live.

hybrids always have and still are viable. at one point they were overpowered, now they are normal. people are coming up with better setups constantly and they are getting to be a tougher class.

Dont Mess
17-12-03, 18:36
there was supposed to be ppu and apu if not then every1 would be hubrid y do u think they nerfed them. alrite callash is the story man i would like 2 hear from him.

Psycho_Soldier
17-12-03, 18:37
there was supposed to be ppu and apu if not then every1 would be hubrid y do u think they nerfed them. alrite callash is the story man i would like 2 hear from him.

They nerfed them because they could solo a whole fucking clan.

Dont Mess
17-12-03, 18:41
also because they wernt supposed 2 be in the game and i remember reading that

ezza
17-12-03, 18:42
also because they wernt supposed 2 be in the game and i remember reading that nah KK always said that they should be viable just that they shouldnt be able to use the best of both worlds

Babes
17-12-03, 18:45
wow dont mess did some monk kill you take your new toys away ?

Zanathos
17-12-03, 18:47
Hybrids were too strong, they nerfed them, now with a VERY good setup, they are pretty good, but definetly not great.

apus were too strong, they did insane damage at a fast pace which everyone saw and everyone wanted in on which resulted in a nerf and now theres less of that class.

ppus were too strong, they had insane defence and if 2 teams of 10 squared off against each other, one which had a ppu, the team with the ppu would win hands down. Now they arent as importan due to the time it takes to cast a ressurect spell. Their defences are still pretty bad and it seems that the heal spells were nerfed a little.

MayhemMike
17-12-03, 18:50
what really chaps my ass is in an op war i can stand behidn a wall and get hit 5+ times with HL with him being on the other side with there no way of the APU being able to hit me...
This really REALLY pisses me off.

Jesterthegreat
17-12-03, 18:51
3rd person with the camara zoomed right out? look at what commands it does when you change view and try typing that with a different number :p

MayhemMike
17-12-03, 18:59
i hate j00 jester :rolleyes: :mad:

Psyco Groupie
17-12-03, 19:04
no its not that jester, its simple that if u cap rof on a beam you can hit something upto 5/6 times after u can no longer 'see' it

kurai
17-12-03, 19:07
Yep - many's the time I've been hit by a further 4 or 5 spell casts when I've immeditaely ducked/hidden/stealthed after being hit by the first one.

I think the major factor is that the hit animation/sound on the target takes longer than the cast time of the spell, so by the time your client displays the first hit, the other 4 are already cast and queued up on the way.

The 3rd person view with large camera distance is a separate issue. It's most apparent with monkehs because they don't have a reticle to worry about, so line of sight to target region isn't an issue.

My personal solution is to give spells a reticule, but with instant "lock" speed. This doesn't materially affect monkehs aiming requirments (or lack thereof) but prevents them getting a full hit when they can only see the tiniest fraction of a target box.

Berzerker
17-12-03, 19:41
http://www2.memlane.com/davros/neocron/mj.jpg

Sefran
17-12-03, 19:43
rofl :lol:

Style
17-12-03, 19:57
i heard from jineko monks have big dicks, they love it hahahahahhhahahaha

Dont Mess
17-12-03, 20:05
Originally posted by Babes
wow dont mess did some monk kill you take your new toys away ?

o babes thats hot comin from u i 4got u dont die do u coz U ALWAYZ HAVE A FUKIN LE IN.

second i didnt get killed they dont hurt that much im just saying its a really really annoying class and needs 2 be fixed and with skill yes some are good i saw monsoon take out an army of pple on his hybrid recently. it IS unbalanced and they are getting best of 2 workds. they use kami which fukes over energy but wen u shoot a hybrid with a CS it does same dmg wen u shoot pure apu with CS so yr getting more from hybrid. i dont like it fukes up the game.

Style
17-12-03, 20:27
damn ite they annoying class mess, kk want to fix up and delete the class or take away apu spells and give them guns instead. get me

Netphreak
18-12-03, 04:09
Ok leave KK be, they haven't done anything really wrong recently. Excluding the overpowered Faction Guards of course! :rolleyes: o_O
The monk class is still abit screwed but all in all i think things are sortting them selfs out.
Rezz so take slighty less time to cast, but only slight.
Apu's well they have their weaknesses but i do think the random beam damage should be removed.
Hybrid's are very well balanced atm the only way they can be unbalanced is with:
a) DS
b) Apu Kami chip
c) both
You will notice that both those chips are almost impossible for most people to obtain and thats what keeps the hybrids balanced.
I do have one suggestion though which is dont let hybrids have any holy buffs or lvl 3 buffs. :D

Ghard
18-12-03, 04:40
o babes thats hot comin from u i 4got u dont die do u coz U ALWAYZ HAVE A FUKIN LE IN.

um sooooooooo u want everyone to take there le out? thats an opinion im hearing alot nowadays and tbh we need neptune to sort it. any way on topic hybrids were always supposed to be a viable class hell in beta everymonk was some form of hybrid but now its diff and hybrids are suposed to be sorta mid of the line monks not great damage not great defence.

rob444
18-12-03, 04:43
Originally posted by MayhemMike
what really chaps my ass is in an op war i can stand behidn a wall and get hit 5+ times with HL with him being on the other side with there no way of the APU being able to hit me...
This really REALLY pisses me off.

I've had that problem to much and I've discovered what 'may' caused it.

1) Wallhack (doubt it but still possible..)
2) Your char started to fly on an enemy apu's screen making you targetable (probably this)

Cyphor
18-12-03, 04:57
stop trying to take kks attention away from nerfing your precious devourer :p

edit: oh and to make a point to my post, there is nothing wrong with hybrids atm, yes a good one like monsoon can take loads of people out but i remeber a thread in the past few days about a tank crusading through 6+ people in pp with his new devouer. Ive also seen vet on his pe and divide on his spy take out plenty people in a row...you cant call for a nerf because peope can play their class well!

rubaduckythug
18-12-03, 05:04
babes dosnt have her LE in ^^ well not about a week ago when she throug a fit over me killing her n00b ;)

And BTW amen to that friggin 3-4 HL hits that come outta friggin now where after you have already ducked behind a wall, thats F-in bullshit. you goto pull out ya cs you ge hit once by HL and you keep shooting while ducking outta the way so you dont get hit any more and outta nowhere HL's beams are raining down apon your ass while the apu is no where toi be seen. wtf fix that kk ;), either take away the damn beam sound/whole animation thing which really bogs everything down or try and fix it so that when i cant see the apu and vice versa im not getting hit with an extra 4 HL hits

Spectra260
18-12-03, 05:17
another jibberish post from dont emss:rolleyes:

:D :D :D

-=Bl@de=-
18-12-03, 05:41
nothing can be done >_< kk have some type of dirty fetish for them guys wearing robes 8|

Babes
18-12-03, 11:31
Dont Mess is Right and Wrong.

yes 'Babes' does not have an LE in But my other Capped tank '7/9' does for the purpose of hunting at CRP and Cycrow without getting involved in Faction Disputes. But i do get to watch some good fights :)

7/9 was in Pepper park to watch Dont mess and his new tank toys "The flamer and Wave" .

so your all sort of right :)

As for monk balancing thats easy....Give a Tank a BIG MONK KILLING GUN. and the problem is solved in one Stroke. :)

Barak
18-12-03, 11:37
I'm struggling to read what he's whineing about ... :wtf:

g0rt
18-12-03, 11:39
remove para spells

ONOS PROBLEM SOLVED

Original monk
18-12-03, 11:42
hiya babes nice to see you again, and that monkkillgun is allready in: the flamer :P

and for the hybrids: KK fucked em up real good yeah :/

and in the beginning of beta i didnt know alot of "pure" monks, everyone was a hybrid back then ... not as overpowerd ... they where yust fun to play with ... some hybrids where more apu and some more ppu but then again they where all hybrids :)

g0rt
18-12-03, 11:44
Originally posted by Original monk
hiya babes nice to see you again, and that monkkillgun is allready in: the flamer :P

and for the hybrids: KK fucked em up real good yeah :/

and in the beginning of beta i didnt know alot of "pure" monks, everyone was a hybrid back then ... not as overpowerd ... they where yust fun to play with ... some hybrids where more apu and some more ppu but then again they where all hybrids :)

376% spell dmg caps or whatever they were, I cant remember, but it was good like that

now a hybrid can get such high %'s on spells it makes it unfair.

JustIn_Case
18-12-03, 12:00
The problem is that the -200 in energy from the Kami can be solved with the right setup. I dont think KKs intentions was that the Kami would be used in an setup that gives you good defence as well.

So there is a few problems...some people have paid insane amounts to get this Kami chip, and if KK tweaks them then there will be alot of complaints. We just have to wait and see how KK is gonna solve it, but im sure something is going to be done about it.

s0apy
18-12-03, 12:01
from this thread in the announcement forum from ages ago (05-02-03)

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46391

i quote thanatos:

"We don't want you to have really good attack and defensive spells. As long as it is possible to play effectively like that, we'll change stuff until it is no longer effective."

note "play effectively". i think it's pretty clear that this means KK do not want this to be a viable choice. now, whether this definition encompases our current crop of kami-hybrids or not, i cannot say for sure, but it's very close.

but let's face it, the kami chip is meant to weaken your defences, to make you into a kamikazi, which it does fine for all classes except monks, where it actually allows them to strengthen their defences. that's all screwy, and was clearly an unintended oversight, and i suspect only a matter of time before kk sort it out.

ps. personally, i have no stand one way or the other. i've yet to meet a kami-hybrid one-on-one, and with the correct weapon. my only 2 experiences were with my MC tank (which certainly doesn't really count as a "viable" pvp class), who got owned, and on my PE, but there we got interrupted by another player and again i was owned (and i'm fainrly sure i was using the wrong kinda ammo).

they're certainly a hell of a lot harder to kill than a tank, at least with a pain easer. but i'd guess they require a lot of skill to operate, and i don't mind losing to a skillfull player.

Cyphor
18-12-03, 16:39
The way people are talking however i wouldnt blame kk for nerfing all hybrids again, which isnt needed, imo add alot of - ppu to the kami so its usless to hybrids and drop the hybrid nerf by 5-10% and it might be a bit more balanced. I dont think the kami hybrids are too fair atm anyway since u need a chip that isnt even possible to get ingame anymore so only a few rich and lucky players have the possibility of creating these so-called over powered chars.

Cryotchekk
18-12-03, 16:50
hyrbirds are especially good one on one, but have no place in op wars. so dont bitch

ppu's are fine, they were fine, they have always been fine (though i think either para should be taken back to what it was b4 the patch or freezers put back in) so dont bitch

apu's are fine. dont bitch if they shoot u through a wall. apu's go down in like 3 hits so shoot them = they dead = no shooty though walls

Shakari
18-12-03, 17:29

hmm how about do a little reading before opening your mouth?

Dev's have Said Hybrids where meant to be a viable choice and if every single person on all the servers wants to go hybrid thats fine.

The point you missed by a few light years is that they nerfed hybrids because they were overpowered not because there were so many of them !! there were so many of them because they were powerfull, they fixed them so ppl went to look for easier classes to play :)

remidns me of a post quite a while a ago an comment in it when something like this:

See a PPU - why both attacking he's a GOD!!
See a APU - WOOT cannon fodder
See a Hybrid - Shite I'm dead

and this was right at the time lol

Strych9
18-12-03, 17:47
YAY! Soapy found THE post that everyone refers to. I now have it bookmarked.

You all wanna know where we get the idea that KK isnt fond of hybrids? THATS the post.
We don't want you to have really good attack and defensive spells. As long as it is possible to play effectively like that, we'll change stuff until it is no longer effective.That says, in no uncertain terms, that KK does not want a hybrid to be effective.

I am so glad someone finally posted the link to that.
Dev's have Said Hybrids where meant to be a viable choice and if every single person on all the servers wants to go hybrid thats fine.
Uh, can you please show us where devs said hybrids were meant to be a viable choice? The quote above shows that devs do NOT want them to have good attack or defense spells.

Devils Grace
18-12-03, 18:18
[B] i dont like it fukes up the game.

so kuz u dont like it everyone that does SHOULD GET THEIR FUN FUCKED.....

stay the fuck still and quiet

and its not only for u

all ppl that crys about sometin that want to be nerfed are the same that comes here and crys after

this is suposed to be a team game......

hybrids are tuff (one or two of them) bring any class with a ppu and bye bye hybrid..

Zanathos
18-12-03, 18:45
I have a better idea for hybrids..........

all their spells cap at the half way mark :eek:

If you think about it, it makes sense.

instead of capping dmg at 576%, then its at 290% or somethin.

problem solved.

id leave range and rate of fire alone though.

You wanna have both? you get half of each to make 1 whole. THERE.

chew on that.

Shadow Dancer
18-12-03, 22:26
Originally posted by Strych9
THATS the post.That says, in no uncertain terms, that KK does not want a hybrid to be effective.

WHy don't you read more carefully?

"WE do not want them to have the best attack spells and the best defensive spells".

As long as it's possible to play effectively, LIKE THAT(reffering to playing a char who has the best of both worlds) we'll tweak both of them. That in no way says they don't want hybrids.

Sheesh, now I'm starting to understand why KK reps rarely post on these forums.