PDA

View Full Version : APU Const Set up help

Colt Starling
17-12-03, 13:04
Well I tried to search this forum for some similar posts but PSI, APU and Con are too short for the search engine.

I had 80 points in Fire resist (gives me 65) as my apu was designed for pvm and rare hunting. I wanna make him pvp and I've just lommed all my fire resist giving me 80 points in const to spare.

I intend hitting the NF to test a good resist set up, but does anyone have a template they can share to get me started?

Levs 51/54*

I have 108 PSI (+18)
apu: 150 (+28)
mst: 86
ppw 104 (+39)

Const 43 (-2)
Alt 56
Hlt 56
END 36

0 resists (obviously)

Agility 56, veh 62 (which I can lom if nec)

If anyone has advice of any alterations I should make, I'd be greatful if you could share.

J. Folsom
17-12-03, 13:07
... Endurance? Why the heck would you have endurance with a class for which the weapons don't cost stamina to use? If you're really that worried about running out of stamina, just replace one or two of your psi boosters with stamina boosters.

Uhh, anyway, how much agility do you have? It helps in making a decision on how much athletics you need.

Colt Starling
17-12-03, 13:12
Agility 56, veh 62 (which I can lom if nec)

J. Folsom
17-12-03, 13:18
I'd get rid of some of the vehicle use, and put the points into agility instead, chaincraft or hovertec are nice vehicles to aim for. If you put the point from that into agility, you should get a nice runspeed, which is important for any APU.

Apart fom that, I'd experiment a bit with -=Blasehase=-'s skill manager, and try and find something you like. The best setups are still always the ones you make for yourself.

Psyco Groupie
17-12-03, 13:20
get 25 vhc if u want a hovertec and the rest in agil .. then you can go almost zero .. or zero atl and then u have lots to play with!

get an str heart two - that gives u lots of hp points

easiest way to get resists right is decide where you need strengths and use a programme to create percentages

ive got a copy on my webspace here (http://www.p3n.nildram.co.uk/files/skillmanager-2003-11-03.exe)

just put all holy spirit and what PA your aiming for and whatever heavy belt you intend on using and play around with resists so that all the percentages get smaller lol :D

have fun :D

Wannabe
17-12-03, 13:27
See what resists your armor gives and then compansate for low resists on CON. For example, you get bad X-ray resists from your armor so putting 50 pts in X-ray resist is a good thing. Put rest of the points to fire resist (fire 30) and LoM the endurance away as you can easily use Stamina Boosters to renew your stamina.

Im not gonna give away my apu's setup... not yet at least =) Wait till I leave to do my army service, then I'll give out my setups :p

// Wannabe

Stigmata
17-12-03, 13:43
if i was you i would lom all endurance out and put athletics to about 40, cap your dex placing all remaining points in agility

so con would be roughly

ath 40/45
hp 60/70
end 0
fire 20/30
energy 0
xray 70/80
poison 0

somewhere around here is good with fire belt or poison belt on depending on the attacks from enemies

MayhemMike
17-12-03, 14:26
i've seen a nib con before but no energy sitg? :rolleyes:

Psyco Groupie
17-12-03, 14:30
why would you need energy ? .. u get like 8 % dmg with holy shelter with armor and 10 % without also u need all your con to get other resists to the same levels

MayhemMike
17-12-03, 14:31
hmm with my setup and someones setup who takes unbuffed. that means with no buffs what so ever, i take 50dmg from a HL on my APU and another APU takes 150+. :) and i have 410 hit points. gg nib get some skills.

-=Blasehase=-
17-12-03, 14:43
Originally posted by MayhemMike
hmm with my setup and someones setup who takes unbuffed. that means with no buffs what so ever, i take 50dmg from a HL on my APU and another APU takes 150+. :) and i have 410 hit points. gg nib get some skills.

HL does RANDOM DMG

MayhemMike
17-12-03, 14:44
Not when you test for long periods of time :lol: :cool:

Colt Starling
18-12-03, 12:01
Well after that lomming I got 100 free points to use in resists.

What resist combats peircing weapons? The do the most damage to me.

Also should I have anything in resist force?

Jadin Eleazar
18-12-03, 12:26
Try the following:

ATL 50 (+6 w. leg + Reflexbooster1)
HLT 60
END 0 (+15 w. Chest + Exp. Heart1)
Fire 55
Energy 0
X-Ray 50

for STR I would recommend:

TRA 47
FOR 50

And for DEX:

AGL 96 (+ 8 w. foot + Reflexbooster1)
REC 22

Recycling makes more sense IMHO, since you don't really need a vehicle as a monk. E.g. a Spy would need a hover to get upon hills for sniping or droning, but a monk can't do that so it's better to recycle your own boosters.

To improve resists you can also put a PP resistor chip into your head, since there are PPUs who can buff you with PSI Combat and Haz 3. Because of the Haz buff you don't need much X-Ray resist and furthermore, a lot of people switched to fire mods for their weapons since Spies got plenty of X-Ray resist and other classes (except for monks) can use the gamma bones.

Wannabe
18-12-03, 14:48
Originally posted by Jadin Eleazar
Try the following:

for STR I would recommend:

TRA 47
FOR 50

Experimenta-psi-controller 3 takes away piercing resist (ie: resist force) so you might want to overspec it. I myself only have around 24-25 in transport and I can carry all my stuff and around 40 boosters without being overburdened.

// Wannabe

Psyco Groupie
18-12-03, 14:54
yeah and you fold like a paper bag to xray attacks mayhemchild

Jadin Eleazar
18-12-03, 15:10
It's called monkocron, right? And which monk does X-Ray damage?
BTW, with a PPU casting a Haz3 upon you, you still have some X-Ray damage. Not speaking of shelters which absorb X-Ray as well.

Psyco Groupie
18-12-03, 15:15
no its not called monk-o-cron .. har di fucking har