PDA

View Full Version : Bugged ranks - how do ya fix 'em?

g0rt
17-12-03, 10:29
Really its not a big deal, whats rank right? It means very little once you are high level, then it comes down to skill.

With that being said, my main char on Saturn's rank is bugged, and it kinda pisses me off.

Basically, his implant setup is:

Special Forces
Synaptic Accelerator
Biotech MOVEON
Protopharm RESISTOR
Pistol Eye 3
Filter Heart 2
Exp ReflexBooster 4

....and his rank without any drugs is /65. He is, of course, fully capped.

My rifle PE's implant setup is:

Special Forces
Distance Weapon CPU 3
Biotech MOVEON
Protopharm RESISTOR
Rifle Eye 3
Filter Heart 1
Exp ReflexBooster 4

...and his rank without any drugs is /67. He is also fully capped. As far as I know this is a proper rank.

But how come my pistol PE is lower rank, with a synaptic accelerator in? Sure, he has afilter 2, but thats only -2 more then the filter1. That shouldn't by any means make 2 rank differences. Especially considering he has +11 points over the distance weapon CPU 3, which is really the only difference in the setups.

Another example is my tank. Hes fully capped and gets a /71 rank. Adding up his imps + /60 base, he should be something like /66, where did he get those mysterious 5 levels in there.

Ive heard lots of things, like doing missions, doing epics, gives you secret levels that you hear "ding" but you didn't actually gain a visable level. Yeah ive got that multiple times on all my chars while doing epics and missions.

BUT - ive done about 150 missions on my main char right now and to no avail. When I GR in im a /60 PE with 20% synap. I look like a rotton noob. Not htat I really care but its jus tbugging me, I would like to do somehting about it if possible.

Any ideas?

ElfinLord
17-12-03, 10:39
IIRC, a long time ago I had read on the forums that some people were speculating that LOMs had something to do with it.

The way it sounded to me was that when the LOMs would take away experience and levels, it wasn't being adjusted in the calculation for your rank. This lead to people having higher ranks than they should have because of the amount of LOMs that they had taken.

Have either of your chars taken more LOMs than the other?

I'm not 100% sure this is right, though. I don't recall reading much about it after that.

Maybe someone else has an idea. :)

g0rt
17-12-03, 10:41
Originally posted by ElfinLord
IIRC, a long time ago I had read on the forums that some people were speculating that LOMs had something to do with it.

The way it sounded to me was that when the LOMs would take away experience and levels, it wasn't being adjusted in the calculation for your rank. This lead to people having higher ranks than they should have because of the amount of LOMs that they had taken.

Have either of your chars taken more LOMs than the other?

I'm not 100% sure this is right, though. I don't recall reading much about it after that.

Maybe someone else has an idea. :)

Interesting idea, unfortunately my main char has been lom'd to hell and back. Hes been all over the place resist wise, as i updated his setup, as well as going back and forth from lowtech to hightech multiple times....whereas my rifle pe i think ate 3 loms for a mistake i made in his initial con setup :p

trigger hurt
17-12-03, 10:43
the biggest difference is that filter 2 you have in. dropping 5 in con drops your rank by a couple points.

Stigmata
17-12-03, 10:43
try doing an epic, im pretty sure your rank will raise slowly.

g0rt
17-12-03, 10:49
Originally posted by trigger hurt
the biggest difference is that filter 2 you have in. dropping 5 in con drops your rank by a couple points.

ya but in that same character I have a synaptic accelerator, whereas the other one has a distance3

so regardless of the filter2, my rank should be higher on the first.

try doing an epic, im pretty sure your rank will raise slowly.

Done 3 epics without evail, although I was thinking of trying a 4th....an extra moveon cant hurt right?

Stigmata
17-12-03, 11:00
a move on cannot hurt ya.

not sure then, people talk about the 6th skill to level, but im not sure if thats ever been confirmed.

I do know that due to doing 7 epic's on my tank, he went /64 to /71 but then i put in a filter 2 and it dropped to /67

\\Fényx//
17-12-03, 11:02
Originally posted by g0rt
Basically, his implant setup is:

Special Forces
Synaptic Accelerator
Biotech MOVEON
Protopharm RESISTOR
Pistol Eye 3
Filter Heart 2
Exp ReflexBooster 4

....and his rank without any drugs is /65. He is, of course, fully capped.

This chars rank is correct, works out as 64.8 so is rounded up to /65

Originally posted by g0rt

My rifle PE's implant setup is:

Special Forces
Distance Weapon CPU 3
Biotech MOVEON
Protopharm RESISTOR
Rifle Eye 3
Filter Heart 1
Exp ReflexBooster 4

...and his rank without any drugs is /67. He is also fully capped. As far as I know this is a proper rank.

This chars rank should be /63

Has the latter char done any epics ? Or did you level it up heavily on missions ? Theres a '6th statline' that doesent show, ever heard that ding after a mission but no skill points given on your 5 main skills ? That makes your rank go up, kinda like the reason that Anima on pluto is /72, he's done alotof epics that helped get it up etc. My PE that did 4 epics and a shite load of launcher missions (SL reasons :lol:) was at /69 with your first PE's setup.

rubaduckythug
17-12-03, 11:42
that lom idea sounds like it may have some truth behind it or seems like my situation, my tank may have a rank of 64 but it jsut dosnt fit since hes still like 8 or 9 lvls from str cap and about 11 or 12 con, jsut seems a little high to me

ElfinLord
17-12-03, 12:09
For anyone who wants to read a very old thread, the one I mentioned earlier, then go here:

Understanding Average Ranks (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67341)

BTW, the thread is over 5 months old, so please don't post in it. ;)

Serpent
17-12-03, 12:37
my pe have (pistol pe) /62

sf
exp balistic 2+3
motoric 3
exp reflex boosta 4
fh 2
pistol eye 3

J. Folsom
17-12-03, 12:46
Personally, I just think that the "sixth stat" is actually just how many times you've "overlevelled", that is, got a level in a stat which can't go higher then it is already, this can be noticed by the experience of one of your stats experience resetting back to the "3 experience before next level" point after you've got a ding.

As that thread ElfinLord posted points out, it happens mostly to tanks and spies, and (presumably) monks, as they have a few lower stats in comparison to a PE.

Personally, I'd guess that if both a spy and tank when capped do the same epics, the tank would end up with the higher rank, simply because the tank has one stat which caps at 10, and one at 20, while the spy's lowest stat cap is 20.

g0rt
17-12-03, 19:58
Has the latter char done any epics ? Or did you level it up heavily on missions ? Theres a '6th statline' that doesent show, ever heard that ding after a mission but no skill points given on your 5 main skills ? That makes your rank go up, kinda like the reason that Anima on pluto is /72, he's done alotof epics that helped get it up etc. My PE that did 4 epics and a shite load of launcher missions (SL reasons :lol: was at /69 with your first PE's setup.

Yeah I know all about that im just wondering if theres any proven information as to how to get these levels, I usually just get them doing missions but ive done a shitload and got nothing.

Eric Draven, you around? With a /75 monk im sure the guy knows ;)

Vid Gamer
17-12-03, 21:02
My Tank had /70 until I put in a FH1, then he got /69.

At cap with a FH2 and the rest of my setup I will get 102+2 CON (currently at 98+4). So it might go back up to /70, but I don't think so because when I take my PA3 off it's 104+4 and it's still /69. :(

I've done 5 Epics and I ain't planning on doing anymore, so would doing Aggie's raise my /xx rank after awhile or this only works when you're a low level?