PDA

View Full Version : What Effects WB drop Rate?

Haxxor
17-12-03, 02:57
Anyone know what really effects drop rate?:o :o

Marx
17-12-03, 03:03
I heard giving me all your money helps.

Really!

DonnyJepp
17-12-03, 03:06
None of the above. KK controls the drop rate and has the capability to adjust it on-the-fly.

rubaduckythug
17-12-03, 03:10
im not quiet sure its probably random but it seemed like every time a lower ranked runner would attack my kill it would drop parts ^^ probably just random though:p

amfest
17-12-03, 06:30
I believe it's combat rank .. was trying to get a dex 5 streetmodel rifle for an alt i wanted to create and I couldn't do it, it wouldn't drop only a few junk items . .so I equipped an companion rifle and went back to a //// rank . .killed a few and the loot take was larger, more bones, and the gun dropped :D .. just think about when you get too high and you go kill a mutant .. instead of alot of recycleable junk . you find only 1 booze bottle or something . . which is what has happened if you accidently run by a guard while killing a warbot and it kills it .. you find a single cable or something .. cause his rank is too high

rubaduckythug
17-12-03, 08:06
yea true, good point. if i go down to aggy cellar and kill and aggy it will only drop 1 or 2 pieces of trash compared to killing an aggy with a low lvl in which case it will drop bone imps and such, but i dont think thats the same with rare parts even though it may seem like it is somtimes:wtf:

LVirus
17-12-03, 09:07
Eons ago KK made patch where static loot was changed that your rank affects loot in that way that lower rank gives more loot than higher rank. So if mob is rank 30 and you kill it with rank 5 you get TONS of loot compared to be rank 30 and kill it.

Lanigav
17-12-03, 11:18
I also think server population has a huge bearing on loot drops as well. I get considerably better stuff during peak hours than any other time. Unfortunately, I very rarely get to play at peak time. :/

NeoChick
17-12-03, 11:34
I think rank and time has to do with it. Time definitely but lately it has been better, so KK must have done something about it.

It used to be that during my 'peak time' I could play for three hours kill top mobs and not get a single tech part, only vehicle parts. But the last week or so I actually got some tech parts and the mobs spawned a lot better too

Original monk
17-12-03, 11:39
Originally posted by NeoChick
I think rank and time has to do with it. Time definitely but lately it has been better, so KK must have done something about it.

It used to be that during my 'peak time' I could play for three hours kill top mobs and not get a single tech part, only vehicle parts. But the last week or so I actually got some tech parts and the mobs spawned a lot better too

indeed, i completely agree with this, as long as youre rank doesnt go above the rank of the animal youre hunting, i hunt wb's with a 79/70 riflespy and 80/80 warbots still drop the same as they alwas do, but: in the weekend i can hunt a few hours witouth getting anything and at 12.30 sharp everytime i start getting good loot o.O, my imagination ? i dunno, cause the drops at the commander always start getting good at 12.30 also ...

weird drops

GT_Rince
17-12-03, 11:54
I chose the last option because there was no dead drom option... o_O

Saying that, I know when I used to hunt WB's with my PE, I would get more drops while I was just 1 star. When I was 2 stars, drop rates fell through the floor. Where I might have been getting 1 tech per 2-3 WB's, I was getting 1 tech per 6 or 7.

numb
17-12-03, 12:13
It's hard to judge this from experience, because it does appear to be random.

At the weekend (day and night), I was getting a tech (sometimes 2 techs) or a level 3 imp or vhc 10 off almost every warbot I killed. I was rank 30/41 at the time I think.

Then on Monday night, I must have killed more WBs than I managed the day before, and it was very rare to find a tech part. I think I got about 4 techs + 2 implants out of about 25 warbots. Rank was 30/43 at that point. The only difference was I had 1.5mil nc at that time, and the day before I had about 100k on me.

It does seem like you get some good days and some bad days. But you'd need to do some extensive testing to find out what makes the difference.

Babes
17-12-03, 15:59
I hunt at CRP/Cycrow for 8 - - 10 hours at a time. Killing Fire MOBS. Yesterday i got 4 techs from a doom reaper O_o.

1) The primary thing (we all agree) is combat rank first off. If you rank is Higher than the MOB you have no chance of good loot.

My Guess ( as it is only a Guess )

The system probably has 2-3 sets of loot tables

MOB Table : Containing MOB Spacific loot ( Warbots Dont Drop flesh) this my not even Be a table just a pure random routine.

ZONE Table : Containing Parts/ Viechle Parts / Armour parts / Weapon parts

SERVER Rares Tables : Containing the rares. (Server wide )

Each table would have its own parameters, The Rares Tables i think is Server wide and Probably give out X + (% increase for average server population of that time Period the previous day/week) amount of rares in 8/12 or even 24 hours.

Where X can be controlled by KK on the fly

The loot table refresh my be 8 hours so the server can evenly distribute Rare tachparts over the 3 main time zones.

12:30pm 8:30pm 4:00am GMT Might be the best times to start hunting

Another factor my be the MOB Kill rate. If the server gaves out say 80 Parts in 8 hours

and the hourly kill rate for the last hours is 100 MOBS you may have a 1 in 10 chance

or the Hourly Kill rate for the last hours is 50 MOBS you have a 1 - 5 chance.

I probably Made a Mess explaining (HOW I THINK) it works but what the hell :)

ghandisfury
17-12-03, 16:22
If you're talking about tech parts, then it's all random....if you're talking about loot (like vehicle 10s) then it's combat rank. I've killed around a kab-ba-zillion WBs, and there is nothing that effects WBs tech drop rate.

Super Mario
17-12-03, 20:09
Well with the melee bug on the last patch all non tech melee wep gave me a rank of 4/** so i went killing aggies and got a shite load of bones ect so i decided to go kill some wb's and thought that it would work in the same way E.g more rare drops but sadly i killed like 12 wb's and got 1 rare so i stopped.
So if combat rank does affect it then having a low one doesnt help

Zanathos
17-12-03, 20:23
your combat rank AND your overal rank also affects the money you earn from mobs.

it definetly affects loot.

fight an aggressor when your character is capable of doing it, check the loot.

fight an aggressor when your character is capped and have a rare weapon, check the loot.

nuff said.

first warbot i ever killed ON MY OWN had 4 rare parts :p

Archeus
17-12-03, 21:13
Combat Rank... or if you are a PPU causing any damage directly to the warbie.

For example I cast a SC and have it attack a warbie. The drop loot seems reasonable (TP occasionally). I para the warbie or punch it then the loot is normally the cheap stuff

MOB Table : Containing MOB Spacific loot ( Warbots Dont Drop flesh) this my not even Be a table just a pure random routine.

Taking a wild guess from what has been posted before. But I believe the system works by tiered loot tables. So a warbot would be higher up on the tier (so rares available) but could draw from lower down the table which would the same as say mechturtles, or other low level robots.