PDA

View Full Version : tribes 2

Spectra260
17-12-03, 01:23
does anyone still play t2? i was just wondering...i hella wanna play it now, but ill have to go and buy it again and i dont want to unless i know theres still a decent ammount of people playing...

are there still alot of servers like barrysworld and stuff that arnt all modedout the ass with those dumb mods?

i dont wanna buy it if only like 10 people still play...

last time i tryed installing it i had some patch problems, and i dont think i had the right version as everyone else...and that might of been why i didnt see harly anyone playing...

so does anyone know if alot of people still play it? and if theres any good servers with alot of people still?

Psyco Groupie
17-12-03, 01:37
gameplay always boils down to who shot first, and the devs didnt ever add anything great to the game .. so it kinda died :D

... ive not had it installed for a good few months .. do install it and randomly play sometimes however!

Nasher
17-12-03, 01:43
The game started to die when Sierra shut Dynamix down, theres only a few people still play now :(

KramerTheWeird
17-12-03, 01:52
Ya barely any servers are up, I usually play against stupid bots.

Sche
17-12-03, 02:04
I still play it. There's only a few servers with lots of people in them but their pretty reliable. Never had a problem not being able to find a game.

Spectra260
17-12-03, 02:55
Originally posted by Sche
I still play it. There's only a few servers with lots of people in them but their pretty reliable. Never had a problem not being able to find a game.

how many people are in the servers, and where are they located?

im west coast in the US and i hate playing tribes in lag...it blows...

man i was really hoping it was just me and there were still lotta people...tribes2 pwned:(

Wharg0ul
17-12-03, 03:31
Tribes 1 > Tribes 2 :D

Spectra260
17-12-03, 03:32
Originally posted by Wharg0ul
Tribes 1 > Tribes 2 :D

nah tribes 2 was better:rolleyes:

Wharg0ul
17-12-03, 07:51
wasn't even in teh same freakin' ballpark, man. T2 sucked ASS compared to the fast, fluid, smooth original. Sierra/Vivendi destroyed Tribes. They totally ignored the community and built a game that we all hated. That's why teh most popular T2 mods were the ones that made it feel more like T1.
Even now I get so pissed off thinking about how they ruined Tribes...but at least some of us have a few good years of T1 memories.

Spectra260
17-12-03, 08:09
Originally posted by Wharg0ul
wasn't even in teh same freakin' ballpark, man. T2 sucked ASS compared to the fast, fluid, smooth original. Sierra/Vivendi destroyed Tribes. They totally ignored the community and built a game that we all hated. That's why teh most popular T2 mods were the ones that made it feel more like T1.
Even now I get so pissed off thinking about how they ruined Tribes...but at least some of us have a few good years of T1 memories.

i know everyone says t1 was way better than t2..but i still loved it...it was so much different than all the other games i was currently playing..like cs and rainbowsix...

i wish it didnt end up like it did:(

anyways...i hope tribes 3 brings alot of the play that i like back:D

Mr Friendly
17-12-03, 08:23
regular tribes 2 sux ass, which is why some guys were so kind to add their own mods to it. My fav is MDTW aka War2003

WebShock
17-12-03, 11:01
Tribes 2 is the uber suX0rz

i got it from the day it released and it NEVER worked right for me.

Tribes 1 pwnz all. Best damn FPS shooter next to CS of its time.

The flying combat is the ubar. skiing and renegades mod made Tribes 1 highly addictive.

There are plans for a new tribes. just search for it.

T2, i hated from the start. Just way too diffrent for what i got used to with T 1

CarniFlex
17-12-03, 13:03
I loved tribes2 and still do. Think its one of the best vehicle/infantry games out there. Played in a clan for 3 months and had great fun, clan kinda died though and neocron beta4 took most of my time so here iam now. Sierra never supported tribes2 any good (one patch even made the game worse fps-wise) and that led to the death of the game...

boneybob
17-12-03, 13:28
ooh i havent been on Tribes 2 in ages.

ONE; i know the add-on pack they were bringign out for it was canceld, but wasent it offerd for free download or some thing?

TWO; Did any one ever make any flying vehicle AI better than spoon man?

Three: that game was V-good, but unlike neocron requires alot of bandwith, eairgo, if u have a 56Dial-UP->64ISDN it plays slow as hell o_O

NC wins:p

BB

Kimiko
17-12-03, 17:29
Flying most of the vehicles was uber fun. Specially if you got bored - can you say kamikaze? Jumping out of one seat into another at high altitude to gun :p loadsa fun.

Wharg0ul
17-12-03, 17:34
Tribes wasn't supposed to BE a vehicle / infantry game. Sierra tried to compete with Halo with T2, thus totally destroying the spirit of pure Tribes.

And when I say pure, I mean NO MODS. Tribes 1 took SKILL, like no other game ever has. Skiing at incredible speeds, launching into the air, seeing an enemy flash by and in that split second blur turning and shooting them out of the air with a disc....
I won't even get into mine-discing, heavy offence, or team matches where everone always played "naked" (no equipment other than what you spawn with) because it was a waste of time to repair the bases....the flag was all that mattered.
There was a simple purity to the game that was lost, and when that happened the community died.
If ya head on over to tribalwar.com you can see what's in store for Tribes: Vengeance (I'll probably pick it up when it's finished...just to see), and somewhere in teh archives there are still match videos from tribes 1...