PDA

View Full Version : Melee weapons should get poison mods.

Shadow Dancer
16-12-03, 20:26
Give them a boost and a little something something. Hehe.

Anyone agree?

Elric
16-12-03, 20:31
As a melee counter to PPU's maybe since shelter has no effect on poison resist. Other than that, Not sure, It may make melee a bit ... i am not keen on using this word in regards to melee ... but overpowered depending on how it was to work (stacking or instant?).

Vid Gamer
16-12-03, 20:33
Sure, why not.

Then people questioning if they should LoM to spec poison won't have to question anymore. :D

PS: Melee Tank PA should also resist any type of parashock.

Marx
16-12-03, 20:41
Yes.

Opar
16-12-03, 21:17
Yep. And a Flame Sword. burn mother fucker burn.

Ascension
16-12-03, 21:19
Lol YEh Shadow i totally Agree :)

Doc Holliday
16-12-03, 21:23
damage mods on melee weapons. waht a good idea. why has no one thought of it before :D Nice one for starting another poll shad fingers crossed everyone will vote yeah and they will look at it at least for future patches.

5 stars

Dribble Joy
16-12-03, 21:25
Yes, but not too much. ie. not on par with the dmg type split on guns.
Only on 'physical' melee weapons, Ie. claws, swords and knives?

Flame swords would be cool.

Jest
16-12-03, 21:37
Yah agreed on the low tech only statement. Sort of just like rubbing your sword in poison or something. :)

Duder
16-12-03, 22:16
Originally posted by Jest
Yah agreed on the low tech only statement. Sort of just like rubbing your sword in poison or something. :)

You mean very disgusting horse/drom dung?

Drake6k
16-12-03, 22:47
I've always said they should... KK thinks melee damage is gimp when really its some of the best in the game it's just people can resist the damage types so easy. Kinda like a zero slot CS.

Poison, Fire, and Force.

Lareolan
17-12-03, 01:29
How about making Melee viable first by eliminating lag issues where you can never hit someone who knows how to use lag to avoid you. Also making it so you don't have to hack at someone sitting still just for you for 5 minutes straight for them to need a heal.

Then bother with the silly things like poison mods... Melee is just too useless right now to be saved by something as simple as poison mods.

Possessed
17-12-03, 01:34
Originally posted by Vid Gamer

PS: Melee Tank PA should also resist any type of parashock.

No cause then we would have HC tanks wearing melee PA, because parashock has such a large impact on gameplay.

KramerTheWeird
17-12-03, 02:40
Yes this is all important to make melee viable. It should deal one stack of damage, that is weaker then holy toxic beam, in addition to the piercing damage.

Radiation damage like this may be something to consider as well.

Knives should have the most poison, then claws, then double edged swords. I don't think hightech melee should have poison, but xray or fire.

phunqe
17-12-03, 02:43
Yes :)

Omg, post dupe h4x kos shadow o_O

:D

ben77890
17-12-03, 02:46
i posted this idea in brainport, it got ignored.

Marx
17-12-03, 02:47
Brainport? What's that?

=/

Keiron
17-12-03, 02:48
Give both low-tech and tech melle a fire mod. Give low-tech a psn mod, and tech a x-ray mod.

ben77890
17-12-03, 02:49
its where people post there ideas to improve the game i think

Jest
17-12-03, 02:49
Originally posted by ben77890
its where people post there ideas to improve the game i think ... :lol:

ben77890
17-12-03, 02:52
just ignore me, i just logged off cron, after playing since 6am

phunqe
17-12-03, 02:58
Yeah I posted this a while back as well... did have major organisational problems with my keyboard so there was no poll however...

KK I know you know I know you know I love you so whaddabout a counter sex? :angel:

:D

Vid Gamer
17-12-03, 03:41
Originally posted by Possessed
No cause then we would have HC tanks wearing melee PA, because parashock has such a large impact on gameplay.

Then just make melee PA decrease HC by like 50 or something. You won't see too many HC Tanks wearing it then.

hose187
17-12-03, 04:03
Someone from KK (Lupus maybe?) said a long time ago that melee weapons don't have mods because they can't get it coded right. Since melee uses up no ammo, the secondary damage type wouldn't get included.

It's the main reason melee sucks in PvP. Increasing melee damage like they have been will never make it viable in PvP, only overpowered in PvM.

Lareolan
17-12-03, 04:20
Originally posted by hose187
Someone from KK (Lupus maybe?) said a long time ago that melee weapons don't have mods because they can't get it coded right. Since melee uses up no ammo, the secondary damage type wouldn't get included.

It's the main reason melee sucks in PvP. Increasing melee damage like they have been will never make it viable in PvP, only overpowered in PvM.

Well, doesn't that mean that they should just get off their fat asses and actually so some work for a change? I went on Saturn, the most populated server at 8pm EST today. There were only 170 people on! (As opposed to usual 280-350 I used to see). Plaza sec. 1 had 9 people and most of them were idling.

Mirco
17-12-03, 04:48
Originally posted by hose187

Is this a fact?!? Just lett the poison melees use poisonglands as ammo or something like that.

Marx
17-12-03, 05:01
Well, doesn't that mean that they should just get off their fat asses and actually so some work for a change

HAY GUYZ LETS AL TYP ALL MAD N STUFF AND SAY FATASS AND HAV KK IN SAME SANDTANCE.

Perhaps they have other things to work on? Jesus, why do you have to be so negetive?

:confused:

FatDogg
17-12-03, 05:01
lol hell yeah blue poison glands of doom 8 stacks of "1337" damage!!

naimex
17-12-03, 05:44
ye sure, give them poison mods.. i ain afraid of a little poison.

amfest
17-12-03, 06:18
yea if it's done .. i'm not sure about tick dmg .. maybe straight dmg like the choas minions and such do .. as for the ammo yes .. they should have something that uses up with each slice as ammo ... it shouldnt' be infinite poison strike .. when poison substance is used up .. it just does regular dmg ... as for fire mods errr.. though I know this stuff isnt' really realistic ..isn't that taking it a bit too far to made a fire burn on a regular melee weapon o_O . .. personally all i think they have to do is make a new dmg type and create new armors that have that resist for it .. but don't add to current armors .... well maybe belts but very very little .. so new melee dmg doesn't get screwed over sorta like vehicles did .... oh we'll increase armor and such . .oh wait . but we'll add weapons that people wont' have to gimp themselves to use . and they'll destroy your vehicles very quickly :rolleyes: . Anyhow if they did that and of course didn't make it overpowered heh . . then melee could have it's day

NeoChick
17-12-03, 06:31
Yes, I agree wholeheartedly.
I love melee but in the end you end up lomming because for higher end mobs it just isnt strong enough quick enough

- perhaps some kind of shock/energy mod would be nice too

Napalm82
17-12-03, 12:20
I agree, melee should really get sum lovin, i have a Melee tank on Pluto (I'm wierd) After the DG is capped you have nothing to do, higher melee rares and more melee mods plz, and make a 200 M-C Req on the PA's

- Napalm

Scikar
17-12-03, 12:27
Originally posted by Lareolan
How about making Melee viable first by eliminating lag issues where you can never hit someone who knows how to use lag to avoid you. Also making it so you don't have to hack at someone sitting still just for you for 5 minutes straight for them to need a heal.

Then bother with the silly things like poison mods... Melee is just too useless right now to be saved by something as simple as poison mods.

Try reading the patch notes once in a while before posting like this.

boneybob
17-12-03, 12:35
i cant rember wether i read this in the instruction manual, or wether it was something else in Beta 4, but ages ago, their was supposed to be weapon damage mods for melle weapons.
(im sure its in the manual)

So i think melle weapon mods for differant types of damage are slightly overdue:p , it would be realy great to get them though, coz i still think that melle needs a boost.

As well as bringing out some damage mods, prehaps KK could make some other mods for melle weapons (like laser pointers /scopes/flashlights and silencers for guns) Like maybe some kind of damage range extender for laser mods, or some kind fo mod that allows laserblades to fire some kind of energy blast (ever played PSO? rember the slashers, the little swords that flick out minature swords at the enemys);)

BB

Dissenter
17-12-03, 12:49
Suppose it could make sense for Lazer blades to do Energy/Fire or Energy/Xray damage. OR making a loewtech melee weapon do poison, such as a veinripper or PoB with poison blades.

YoDa-UK
17-12-03, 15:45
Ive voted for a big yes, i lommed my tank just before the last patch to melee, and yes im finding it a whole lot of fun after being HC for so many months, but i still think it needs more of a boost, the dmg is very hard to stack on someone when they are moving and you have lag spikes to contend with as well.

Just giving melee weapons a boost in dmg would help, but also changing the way it stacks would be better, instead of having to make sure the enemy is standing still for at least 5 hits before they noticed any dmg on them

1st hit normal dmg
2nd hit double dmg
3rd hit triple
4th double double and so on

If you see what i mean as you get to around the fifth hit within so many secs then you really are doing a lot of dmg, I remember reading and hearing about melee being almost as strong as APU in terms of dmg, this is how it should be, also note the fact that right now shields stop most of the dmg done by melee, when in fact nothing should, a deflector stops projectiles, melee is not this type of dmg, it is the type that is hitting your body directly, it should go past the deflector.

Maybe the shelter would stop most of the energy type of dmg but nothing else. Also there should be high end melee rares, there is nothing past the DG and the tank has so much points to spend in Strenght, you only really need about 180 to cap a DG, leaving a LOT of points left over.

Other boosts to the melee class would be Melee PA having a built in anti shock ability, nothing major but maybe half the shock power cast on them, also I agree that melee PA should have high reqs of say 200 melee combat for the top PA, but of course this would go in line with newer melee rares, something like TL 125 rare knuckles and so on.

But we do have a rare baseball bat coming :)

Would love to see poison added and maybe fire mods to melee weps, maybe poison only on lowtech and fire only on hightech.

Poison paw of bear
Fire devils graces

Yes thank you sir :)

GT_Rince
17-12-03, 15:59
Damnit - no Drom option on the poll :(

L0KI
17-12-03, 17:46
absolutely

well and truly

good n proper

YES :D