PDA

View Full Version : Exploit or not?

Heavyporker
16-12-03, 18:55
I just heard (not telling from whom) that one who has several hacker characters can go out and hack an OP - just go with all three chars, and then in turn log on and hack then log out and into another char, and thereby single-handedly take an OP.

This seems to rank among the lowest of the low methods to use in OP warfare...

Is there any real substance (only saw it once, not sure if I actually saw it happen) to this, and should it be permitted to continue?

ezza
16-12-03, 19:00
if they have spend the time to level 3 hackers i see no problem, its not like there using the same character, in a roleplay sence each charater is a diffrent person, it doesnt matter who is controlling the player

Sefran
16-12-03, 19:00
There is no ''hax'' with these chars ,if u have 3 hackers u can hack whatever u want...but u have to be a idiot to have 3 hackers...well yeah OP's can be extremely lame but its not a exploit.

Heavyporker
16-12-03, 19:01
not just that, but hey... the hacker characters are logging entirely out... doesn't zoning reset the hacking terminal, hence, why should logging out keep the hacked layers?

Sefran
16-12-03, 19:03
No it doesnt afaik, and only way to prevent him from doing that is placing a gatling (and stunner) near the hack terminal...

ezza
16-12-03, 19:03
Originally posted by Heavyporker
not just that, but hey... the hacker characters are logging entirely out... doesn't zoning reset the hacking terminal, hence, why should logging out keep the hacked layers?

are they on same account or diffrent accounts?

if its diffrent accounts you can log in to see your other player disappear

Obscene
16-12-03, 19:16
Honestly, who the hell would want 3 hackers....i mean thats like wasting 3 slots on 1 server....Whoever does....LOL@U:p

Jest
16-12-03, 19:17
Nah not and exploit, just extremely lame and not really worth the trouble.

GT_Rince
16-12-03, 19:20
Personally, I don't think it is even that lame - would be a great source of amusement hacking enemy OP's all by yourself - for shits and giggles if nothing else :D

gostly
16-12-03, 19:22
no, it's lame...not an exploit, just lame

GT_Rince
16-12-03, 19:24
Originally posted by gostly
no, it's lame...not an exploit, just lame

Nah - that's down to personal preference. If I was to start a clan on my own on a 4 char server, you saying for me to take an op (on my own) is wrong ? Don't see how :)

WebShock
16-12-03, 19:24
its possible, a ppu with 100 hack can do it and still be a kick ass ppu, a pure spy hacker and a warbot apu with a hack 2 and 3 head imp... you can have 2 psi's who can specialize and just swap imps and just have 50 base hack.

its very possible with the right imps. you wont even gimp yourself that much.

Shadow Dancer
16-12-03, 19:26
Not an exploit, but a big waste of time IMO. I mean, is acquiring an op really THAT important? o_O

El Barto
16-12-03, 19:28
I don't think it is, but they would be very sad to have 3 hackers just to hack an OP

Doc Holliday
16-12-03, 19:42
4 Char server. Pistol pe ( hacker ) PPU ( hacker ) Rifle Spy ( hacker ) or some rich bastard on pluto with 3 accounts. how is this an exploit? it can be done easily. 3 diff classes who all have some skill in common. So fucking what? if someone chooses to do it let em.

Gotterdammerung
16-12-03, 19:48
Someone would have to have 2 accounts, hack a layer on 1 account then login a character on the second account while the first was still logged in as well because if you zone or log and a player or a member of their clan is no longer in the zone the hack terminal will reset. So you have to do some acct. juggling but it is possible and as long as it is 3 seperate hackers it's perfectly legal.

GT_Rince
16-12-03, 19:49
Originally posted by Doc Holliday
So fucking what? if someone chooses to do it let em.

What he say ^^ (and no, I don't have any hackers :D)

Doc Holliday
16-12-03, 19:51
Gott said it best.

Oath
16-12-03, 19:54
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Exploit or not? No, just lame.

KimmyG
16-12-03, 20:15
If there gonna gimp there account with 3 hackers let them deal it all they want.

Richard Blade
16-12-03, 21:40
Going along with a lot of what was said before me.

But, also, if they have time to hack a layer and log a new character, then a new layer, etc.
Sound's like the ultimate ninja hack. They would of course make sure nobody in the owning clan was on.

Extremely lame.

g0rt
16-12-03, 21:43
i got access to enough accts to do this but i wouldn't, just because its lame

mercs do it tho, well *did* it i should say...hopefully they stopped for good now

Carbonite
17-12-03, 00:30
i really cant the see the part where it should be an exploit....
I sure wont do anything against it..

Keiron
17-12-03, 01:10
I've done this a number of times. He is prolly bitching about me. At the time (when I could do this) I had access to 2 other accounts that had 1 hacker each, along with my own hacker. Kinda funny to be able to brag about taking an op single-handily. Yes I've ninja'd them, but only when they were ninja'd from me. I've also taken them solo when enemy clans were ono_O.