PDA

View Full Version : Moving problems!

Sovellis
16-12-03, 18:14
Im having problems with basic movement. If NUMLOCK is on then i cant actually press any movement key - up down left right jump crouch - with crashing the key.

With NUMLOCK off i can move however i cant run and move forward whilst strafing left or right. Same for backwards and strafing left or right.

Any help on how to solve this would be great especially as i cant crouce without the use of the NUMPAD

Kimiko
16-12-03, 18:20
I seem to remember some people a while ago having problems with numlock etc.

You could just remap your keys, y'know :)

[edit - search for stuff on the forum - found this but dont know if itll help http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81414&highlight=numlock+numpad+crash ]
[edit again - got an ati? http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60355&highlight=numpad+crash ]

Xian
16-12-03, 18:23
When I used to use the arrow keys with NUMLOCK on I would always crash, but that was due to Teamspeak being open in the background.

Your best bet is to re-map to WASD. :)

/edit : Kimiko beat meh. :p

BiTeMe
16-12-03, 18:25
There are 2 reasons I have crashed before when using the direction arrows with numlock on.
Team Speak and Team Speak 2 both made me crash when I pressed a direction arrow or a num pad key with numlock on.
The ATI taskbar Icon also makes NC crash with the same keys.

Solution
Disable the ATI taskbar icon and don't use teamspeak.

If it still crashed then it must be a "feature" :D

Kimiko
16-12-03, 18:29
Its a feature to get everyone to use the standard WSAD configuration instead of using numpad which causes problems with a few games :)

People just like being awkward.

(Theres a link there for some updated Ati drivers (second link on my first post) but whether the taskbar icon with the new stuff still screws nc up i dont know.)

BiTeMe
16-12-03, 18:37
I think the new cat 3.10's are out tomorrow so I wouldn't bother upgrading any drivers untill they are out.
From what I understand it's a feature of the ATI drivers that you can setup hot keys to do certain things. It's the ATI hotkey poller that screws things up, but to be honest I don't think many people use this anyway.
I imagine it's the same with teamspeak and the fact that there are hotkeys for actions in that program.

Basicaly, anything (excluding windows) that accepts hot key's should be turned off when running neocron just to be sure :)

MjukisDjur
16-12-03, 18:38
Unfortunatly Ati driver version does not matter. Go into display properties and untick all the ati taskbar stuff... Damn sweet that they FINALLY fixed the clipping and subway problem with ATI. After 11 months I can finally take a ride without having to alt e :)