PDA

View Full Version : Hynrids

Kaden
16-12-03, 02:50
OK, I'm gonna ask a question thats gonna cause me a lot of grief, but what the hell :D.

I've been tryna make a hybrid outta my old apu (base 93 PSI), but just can't seem to get the APU/PPU balance right. My APU/PPU stats stand at around 95 PPU and 115 APU, with exp 2/3, psi controller 3 and a PSI core.

Now, firstly, can ANYONE recommend a better setup (without going down the APU kami and/or DS route) or is it just really not possible to have a *decent* hybrid without really screwing yourself over?

I intend to use blessed fleccy, heal and shel, and have holy energy halo as my main attack spell.

{MD}GeistDamnit
16-12-03, 02:58
I'm pretty sure you NEED a DS and Kami or at least one of the two.

Spectra260
16-12-03, 03:05
cant really be done without atleast one of those implants...

if you want it to be good anyways...

Q`alooaith
16-12-03, 03:14
Kami chip's the way to go, then min req the spell's you want to use and overspec PPW to make up for the neg for having both APU and PPU point's..

Though it's realy hard, best way is to have mid level PPU spell's like the blessed shelter and delfect and blessed heal and then go all out on APU/PPW so you can do some damage, then you don't need a Kami or DS, but with either or both of these imp's it's possible to make a good hybrid..

Kaden
16-12-03, 03:25
Only problem needing a kami is they are like gold dust and aint droppable anymore, and it's kinda hard to do MC5 and get a DS. Unless of course someone has one (kami that is) to give me on Uranus :D

Oath
16-12-03, 03:27
sorry i cant let this post go by un-noticed....

sex @ chief, KOS @ hybrids and............

.edit removed silly humour

Kaden
16-12-03, 03:33
sorry i cant let this post go by un-noticed....
sex @ chief, KOS @ hybrids and............
.edit removed silly humour

*sigh* I guess I was asking for that really......

Oath
16-12-03, 03:34
Originally posted by Chief O'Brien
*sigh* I guess I was asking for that really......

indeed......

im happy to goto mc5 and farm, but after teh ppu nerf im not sure its possible......

Kaden
16-12-03, 03:37
And thats my point, how are us poor people meant to do MC5 now?

*sigh*

Anyway, any more advice anyone PLEASE :D

Q`alooaith
16-12-03, 04:05
Well your both too late and wrong server, I recently gave my Psi Kami chip away to the brave soul who found me when I was lost...

:p

If you where on saturn there's a chance I might be doing the same with my DS part's...

Kaden
16-12-03, 11:42
ARGH, lol, maybe I should change server now :D, but in all seriousness, asides from the kami chip/DS route, IS there another way I can go about this?

Original monk
16-12-03, 13:47
Originally posted by Oath
indeed......

im happy to goto mc5 and farm, but after teh ppu nerf im not sure its possible......

yeah its possible fo sure, me and my mate where hunting there before the patch, then logged of cause it was patchtime and continued after the patch ....

it looked like he died a bit more then usual, like we had a very small overall ppunerf or sumthing ... but then again this can be psychologicaly :)

the most danger is when youre rezzing someone and youre buffs run out in the meanwhile. When a guard or the commy comes around the corner to take a look ya better watch out cause they fry ya in a sec withouth shelter :)

but yeah its still possible, except the rezzing is a bitch but thats about it that i noticed till now ...

Kaden
16-12-03, 20:38
lol, so getting this straight, doing MC5 is nearly impossible to do now due to the PPU nerf, and the Kami chips don't drop, so what the hell ARE you meant to do???

Mumblyfish
16-12-03, 20:43
Don't make a hybrid?

FUCKING A!

Zanathos
16-12-03, 20:48
All i have to say is that if you dont have the kami chip, a psi core and a dimensional splitter then.....

Your hybrid will be a third of the man an apu will be and a third of the man that a ppu will be.

basically its a mob hunting ppu since he would suck in PvP

what I mean by mob hunting is that your damage output would be greather than a ppu less than an apu, but you can stay out hunting for hours like a ppu could. you would suck balls in pvp.

Divide
16-12-03, 21:12
Originally posted by Zanathos
All i have to say is that if you dont have the kami chip, a psi core and a dimensional splitter then.....

Your hybrid will be the quarter of the man an apu will be and a quarter of the man that a ppu will be.

basically its a mob hunting ppu since he would suck in PvP

what I mean by mob hunting is that your damage output would be greather than a ppu less than an apu, but you can stay out hunting for hours like a ppu could. you would suck balls in pvp.

actually, if set up well, you will be 66% of what an apu would be, and 66% what a ppu, therefore making you 33% better than a pure

Zanathos
16-12-03, 21:15
thats why i said WITHOUT kami chip, psi core, and dimentional splitter ^_^

hrmmm... maybe a third of both sub classes ^_^

g0rt
16-12-03, 21:50
no matter what you do, dont go over 100 base ppu or apu. i wouldn't even go to 100 base ppu.

stack psi power. unlike ppu/apu, it increases the dmg % on all your spells, and doesn't decrease one or the other

Kaden
16-12-03, 22:47
Don't make a hybrid?
FUCKING A!

Lol, well, I guess I asked for that.

PSU affects damage?? I thought it was only good for range and for a slight increase in you PSI pool, maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks all anyway, all the advice has been appreciated

Kaden
17-12-03, 00:18
Oops, you meant PPW didn't you, and yeah, your RIGHT, my stats are really looking better now, thanks bud :D

Lafiel
17-12-03, 06:55
Originally posted by Chief O'Brien
lol, so getting this straight, doing MC5 is nearly impossible to do now due to the PPU nerf, and the Kami chips don't drop, so what the hell ARE you meant to do???

its quite easy actually.... well my clan has no problem with it.. although the drop rate has been borked again.... 1 part in 8 commander kills is pretty shitty but iim glad that something is actually rare