PDA

View Full Version : CA Guards, A JOKE?

Ascension
16-12-03, 02:28
Did you add the Guards for scenery?

Cos thats all they are atm.. Arnt TG and other enemies not meant 2 go 2 plaza in fear of dying?:o

Well, here are sum screen of what the guards are doing :lol:

http://wolfenstein.co.uk/cod/Sigs/Tg1.jpg
http://wolfenstein.co.uk/cod/Sigs/Tg2.jpg
http://wolfenstein.co.uk/cod/Sigs/ch1.jpg

IS this meant 2 happen.. or is there a reason there still able to enter and live 2 tell..

Official response..

Ascension
16-12-03, 02:39
Please post why:)

RayBob
16-12-03, 02:57
The subject of the thread asks a question that requires the opposite answer of the question above the poll....not good.

I agree, the CA guards are dumb. I have seen TG walk right up to them and sex them while the guards pick their nose.

Sundiver
16-12-03, 03:06
My newest char on Pluto is a Crahn monk, and even though I died quickly upon entering Medicare, I could move about freely on the outside without any kind of problems. But I did it to test the guards anyway, am staying out of Plaza 1 from now.

J. Folsom
16-12-03, 16:14
This is exactly as it's supposed to be, only the guards inside of medicare are set to KOS, all the other CA guards follow the default guard behaviour (Warn a bunch of times, etc.).

Wharg0ul
16-12-03, 17:31
Except I think there's either a bug, or a /kill happy GM that hangs out in p1 on saturn.
I was slinking around in a nice dark corner in the p1 psi shop (Crahn), and just suddenly....died. No guard could have seen me...no dmg was noticed.....just BOOM....dead. Happened to another player as well (I poked his implants in p2).

On saturn at least most of us crahn , tg, etc have started just hanging out in p2......and swimming in the pool :D

But this attitude of "WTF R U DOIN IN OUR P1???? KK STOP THEM!! WAHHH" is why you city types get PK'ed constantly out of your precious little safe zones.

numb
16-12-03, 17:48
I agree the guards should be set to KoS all enemies of CA. Plaza 1 is a safe area, it's not like it's going to interfere with any PvP, it's just going to change the way tradeskilling is done.

The way it is atm is not encouraging people to trade at their HQs as much as it could do - it almost defeats the point of having them there when you can just sit at the wanted sign in plain view of the guard without getting shot at.

Xian
16-12-03, 18:02
As far as I know it was mentioned in the patch notes that only CA guards inside medicare would shoot enemies on sight, as a 'taster' - and to give people a chance to move their characters out of the main Plaza area.

Ascension
16-12-03, 18:23
Well, All guards in Plaza 1 should shoot? but only Plaza 1 untill
NC:BDOY, also the need for Ca gaurds by the city coms etc...

Also i heard you mention that Enemies cannot enter Medicare..

http://wolfenstein.co.uk/cod/Sigs/shot0025.JPG

Oh yeah soz bout the Poll i posted it bout 1.a.m this morning so i wasnt thinkin..:lol:

Xian
16-12-03, 18:24
I went into medicare on my Crahn monk and got killed almost instantly. They could have avoided or distracted the guards beforehand to get in.

Ascension
16-12-03, 18:27
No they went up the lift outside Crytons ova tht little glass fence then down the ramp into the medicare:confused:

Cumon Enemies of TG! Surely it makes things more interesting not 2 be in plaza 1?:(

Judge
16-12-03, 18:45
Originally posted by Ascention
No they went up the lift outside Crytons ova tht little glass fence then down the ramp into the medicare:confused:

Cumon Enemies of TG! Surely it makes things more interesting not 2 be in plaza 1?:(

It would be if there were tradeskillers elsewhere... or even in plaza 1. I have been into plaza twice in the past two days on my CITY character and found that there haven't been any pokers there.... in plaza 1, when the server population was several hundred. Now doesn't that tell you something? The changes were good but it was a little bit premature tbh... when BDoY comes in then it would work with new people but.... not atm imo.

Wharg0ul
16-12-03, 18:53
the only real thing that sucks is how long it takes to find tradeskills this way. Why should it take 2 hours to find a repair? It may make things "interesting" but it doesn't help with the fun factor at all, as running around the entire game shouting for repairs is not what I call fun.