PDA

View Full Version : SomTHING to THink about!(sorry spelling)

Clive tombstone
16-12-03, 02:26
Recently, Ive been getting my hope up with hearing about the new hoverships. and I was thinkin, Hol-e-crap this is gonna be sweet, and then I find out, that the reqs of the HOverships are through the roof! whats the deal. One little thingy I remember about Creating a PE (I know it doesnt sound revelent, but bare with me) was when you could choose your beggining proffession, you had the option of choosing test driver (which I did, Waaaay back in retail). MInd you, I only have one character, which is a PE, and he's almost capped, about 1 dex lv (ive been outa the loop many a times soo I havnt had time to do an Alt) ANYWAYS! what Im trying to say is, why the heck are these rqs gonna be soo gosh darn high? PLEASE say youll tone em down so people can use em?

One more thing, PLEASE reset the REQs on Vehicle weapons? Its friggin stupid that I cant use my revler's turret anymore, I mean Come on, Now even the assault scorpain trike cant be used by anyone else but a Gimped PE setting his strength higher(but thats comming from me who hasnt got his MOveon chip yet)

PLease someone from the Mods read this?

KramerTheWeird
16-12-03, 02:42
I think they intend, just like if you were using a rifle or pistol, for you to dedicate your abilities to the vehicle and specialize if you want to use the higher end ones. Specialization with vehicles does give benefits compared to reaching the mininum requirements, but it takes a unique player to be a dedicated driver, like droners. The requirements for the gliders, when they were on test, were so odd that only PE's could really take advantage of them, and then they are severely gimped in other forms of combat, and defense included. Reakktor is likely improving vehicles, maybe adjusting requirements, and making it so they are worth using and gimping yourself to use.

I think there will be two types of new vehicles, ones with moderately high INT and STR requirements which you can fire from while you drive, for the fighters (PE's) and carriers/bombers, for pilots (Monks/Spies), high INT requirements with gunner mounts that are all STR, T-C and H-C based (Tanks, some PE's).

When I used the heavy assault scorpion trike, I completely dedicated myself to STR and H-C to get the max effectiveness out of it, and enough repair to be able to afford costs, as well as recycle for ammo, no DEX weapons. I don't think this is wrong.

Clive tombstone
16-12-03, 02:57
Have you driven your Scorpian assault type latly? after the patch? I know I need 66 str to get in the seat, but come on, look at the 4x4's? ist that a little lame?

I mean, IF there gonna add new skill caps to DoY (which BTW i have no clue as to if they will or wont) then ill be happy, knowing that SOMEWAY a PE could use a Hover Carrier Cuz I like Doing taxi stuff, and the Flying bus would make my day thank you very much.

Just my opinion