PDA

View Full Version : KK - The new faction guards are a joke.

Clownst0pper
16-12-03, 01:42
Recently on Saturn a brand new player to the Game, who was currently loving everything about it asked me for some general advice, so I decided to help him out.

Sadly however I discovered that this person had barely left the confines of there apartment.

Y you ask? Well he was tsunami syndicate, and guess where his apartment was? Bang outside BD's HQ. Not only that, but being so slow at the beginning of the game, on the corner as u turn to go up towards PP1 from PP2 there is a BD Faction member.

This poor runner was too slow to be able to make it past him every time. Constantly dieing. It eventually took me 2 instant deaths and my SA comming out of my poor head to get this dude past him and into the subway.
Not really a great impression for him, none the less we got on and I gave him 400k and told him practically everything he will ever need to know. (He aint no MMORPG noob)

Now KK if you feel this is appropriate I feel that it is an oversite more than anything, but the fact it killed a fully buffed PE, with a shit hot con setup and lots of BH in oh..2 seconds at a push, and that they still kill you even when stealthed it is beyond a joke.

So much so, that I wont ever go to PP2 again, and barely even go to PP1 for PVP fun now days as these guards are not only a deterant but there damage I find laughable that your sledge hammer approach to "lets stop people changing faction off NPC's and Leveling off NPCS by making there guards 10x harder than copbots" is literally, beyond a joke. Again rade has touched on it, and sadly it seems others havnt!

Thankfully this new runner who plans to bring most of his asherons call clan to saturn received help from my friends. I know if it was me I would have canceled my subscription staight away. Why you ask?

A) it shows little care for the faction system B) little care = a game that is going no where C) If it takes a capped PE just to get me out of my apartment im screwed for the rest of my lower level days.

Think on KK. Official response would be great.

Kaden
16-12-03, 03:41
I have to agree with what your saying. KK have made PP2 the *official* BD zone so it seems, but what the hell are us poor TS peeps meant to do about our STARTER apps there? Are we meant to die as soon as we walk out of the door then.

As well as that, the faction guards ARE far to strong, I agree that yes they should be able to defend theirselfs, but not to the extent of killing someone instantly so you DON'T stand a chance against them

VetteroX
16-12-03, 03:47
the guards are stupid, I think we all agree. Many of the GM's are players, u should try to msg a GM about it and ask them to pass the word to a dev, cause they may not see it here.

At VERY least they shouldnt attack unless you have a gun drawn, or should give you more time.

ResurgencE
16-12-03, 08:06
Again rade has touched on it, and sadly it seems others havnt!

On the contrary, Ikari...A majority of the players dont like the new change.

We can exclude the carebear population from this figure, of course.

WebShock
16-12-03, 09:14
wow, what a damn shame. Same thing goes for the tangent epic where the TS that spies for you is right next to 2 tg guards. As a mid level or low level runner it's damn near impossible to get to catlock watch tower without getting owned a few times.

Before the guard boost, it took me to place a tank in front of the guards for them to shoot at while i scroll past all the guy has to say so that i dont get killed. Where is the RP in that if i cant even interact with the npc with the fear of the guards killing you. Now that they instakill capped characters, it will make this part of the tangent epic damn near impossible.

SnowCrash
16-12-03, 09:28
The Guards on the street and in front of the BD HQ in Pepper Park are not supposed to shoot enemies on sight. If there still some of these guards we will replace them with the next patch.

LVirus
16-12-03, 09:35
Those guards are very good if you know how to "use" them :rolleyes:

Sefran
16-12-03, 09:39
U mean hiding behind it and let the poor guy hit em? ;)

LVirus
16-12-03, 09:46
Originally posted by Sefran
U mean hiding behind it and let the poor guy hit em? ;)

You got words "hiding" and "hitting" right there :rolleyes:

Superbron
16-12-03, 10:03
I have to agree with what your saying. KK have made PP2 the *official* BD zone so it seems, but what the hell are us poor TS peeps meant to do about our STARTER apps there? Are we meant to die as soon as we walk out of the door then. Right, same thing happened to my new char. TS: 0/2 and being shot while I just left my starter app in pp2. This sucks! If I were new, I would probably have quit the game after this happening twice.

Original monk
16-12-03, 10:18
i started out a noob at mc5area and i met a real noob there: he played for 3 days now: 2 days of updating neocron and the launcher and 1 day of actual playing where he was figuring out how to get out of mc5 :)

this game is NON-NOOB friendly

g0rt
16-12-03, 10:49
I love the guards right now.

Theres only one beef I have. PP1 used to be one of my fav parts to stand around and chat, and fights with enemy factions, etc.

Now its not anymore. Now its a place i run by and thats it, because those guards just ruin it if you're red to them. They are WAY worse then copbots.

Its kinda unfortunate, I was looking forward to this patch SO MUCH so that PP1 would finally be an OPEN PLAYING FIELD...no cops! I couldn't wait....then this.

Well, a big part of the game is over for me. I loved PP fighting, and now ill probably never fight in pp1 again unless this is changed, because im sick and tired of a tsunami coming along and punching a guard, then the guard turning to me and owning me before i can blink.

Its unfortunate that only factions that are allied or neutral to TS can use pp1 still for fighting. Somewhat disciminating if you ask me. :(

Archeus
16-12-03, 10:58
Go to PP2.

The majority of the guards are not hostile straight off. You sure the newbie didn't do something to get negative FS in BD? Other then that what snowcrash said.

Everyone saying "Waaa the guards are too strong" and are capped or there abouts aren't using thier head very well. -_-

evs
16-12-03, 11:09
You sure the newbie didn't do something to get negative FS in BD? Other then that what snowcrash said.

When you start the game as a new TS, you are already -14 FS to BD as you are a natural faction enemy.
This does tick up after time though.

g0rt
16-12-03, 11:13
Originally posted by Archeus
Go to PP2.

The majority of the guards are not hostile straight off. You sure the newbie didn't do something to get negative FS in BD? Other then that what snowcrash said.

Everyone saying "Waaa the guards are too strong" and are capped or there abouts aren't using thier head very well. -_-

PP2 isn't the same. Its completely different, no one comes around, nothing.

PP1 was somewhat of an unspoken meeting location for me and friends of mine. Alot of friends I have made in the game, as well as current clanmates, I got to know from fighting in pp1.

No one comes around pp2, its a completely different thing and you wouldn't understand if you were one of the 99% of the server that chose to stand in plaza1 instead of pp1.

The guards are too strong for pp fights. I don't care if you're capped or not. My tank has capped HP and great resists. When these guards get on him hes cooked in a few seconds. He could handle a copbot better!

You tell me thats not overpowered.

As for the other factions guards, they are all good...because they are just at the factions, with the acceptable exception of plaza1. I don't see via1 drapped in biotech guards. I don't see via2 drapped in tangent guards. Yet I see pp1 ABSOLUTELY drapped in TS guards, hell tehy are even guarding the candy in the snack-attack store.

Its bs. There should be a few guards outside the TS HQ, and a few BD guards in front of the BD HQ and thats it.

VetteroX
16-12-03, 11:20
The guards should shoot at LE users and leave the rest of the people alone to fight.

Vid Gamer
16-12-03, 11:23
Originally posted by VetteroX
The guards should shoot at LE users and leave the rest of the people alone to fight.

right.. because that makes sense.

VetteroX
16-12-03, 11:25
maybe not but it would put a smile on my face :)

numb
16-12-03, 11:26
Originally posted by SnowCrash
The Guards on the street and in front of the BD HQ in Pepper Park are not supposed to shoot enemies on sight. If there still some of these guards we will replace them with the next patch.

I've walked through PP2 with my xx/40ish tsunami spy slightly overloaded (due to synap) and although the guards dont shoot on sight, if you're not quick enough to get past them they will gun you down (as they did to my spy +10 BD symp at that time). I imagine a new player is even slower than me at that time. I havent seen any BD guard warnings either before they open fire.

I mentioned (in the patch discussion) about how new tsunami players should not be given starter apartments in black dragon turf.. it makes absolutely no sense, it seems like an oversight in the patch if this is still possible.

extract
16-12-03, 11:32
Originally posted by Archeus
The majority of the guards are not hostile straight off. You sure the newbie didn't do something to get negative FS in BD?

hehe, think about what u just said and put it in relative terms....in order to get bad FS. you either have to kill allied or youre own NPCs or other runners of the same......and i dont know many capped players that could put a hurtin on the new NPCs, let alone a new player.....either hes shootin the gaurd or the gaurd is borked....it takes the TS gaurds in pepper a good 5 mins before they shoot my proto PPU it seems....maybe not 5 mins but its a damn right long time....sometimes i even have to shoot them before they fire at me.....

Kaden
16-12-03, 11:35
I mentioned (in the patch discussion) about how new tsunami players should not be given starter apartments in black dragon turf.. it makes absolutely no sense, it seems like an oversight in the patch if this is still possible

Considering PP2 AND 3 is considered BD turf (PP3 has the guard by the GR), and there are no appies in PP1 AT ALL, where are they gonna put us poor TS?

numb
16-12-03, 11:35
Originally posted by extract
....it takes the TS gaurds in pepper a good 5 mins before they shoot my proto PPU it seems....maybe not 5 mins but its a damn right long time....sometimes i even have to shoot them before they fire at me.....

If I'm alone, walking through PP2 and I stand next to a BD guard for say 5 seconds, it will open fire - there's no time to stop in pp2 and I have positive BD sympathy.

Maybe the guards in PP1 are switching between targets or something like that, that's why it takes you so long to get attacked?

(on pluto anyway..)

Archeus
16-12-03, 11:36
Based on the rumours of OZ8 and the apartment layout I am guessing that TS and BD may become neutral to each other sometime in the future.

numb
16-12-03, 11:37
Originally posted by Chief O'Brien
Considering PP2 AND 3 is considered BD turf (PP3 has the guard by the GR), and there are no appies in PP1 AT ALL, where are they gonna put us poor TS?

I wasnt aware that PP3 was BD turf, I thought it was all 3 factions, BD, Tsunami and Crahn - all the faction offices are there at least (I think).

Sefran
16-12-03, 11:39
PP3 isnt BD turf afaik, there is a Crahn guard at the zone border and i didnt see any BD guard last time i was there tho o_O

Kaden
16-12-03, 11:43
Yeah, there is a BD guard there. Look by the GR opposite A&W, he's standing right next to the GR guarding it.

Shadow Dancer
16-12-03, 11:45
There's also a BD guard near the mutants by the "big" sewer.

Clownst0pper
16-12-03, 13:26
This runner did have his LE in and they still gunned him down.

Does no one else think there damage output is just stupid?

I mean, killing myself in all of 1 second is simply rediculous, we should at least have some chance of escape, and they shouldnt shoot stealthed characters also.

OH. And if your tsunami syndicate in faction and punch one of the guards they will kill everyone in the sector.

Or so it seems :eek: :mad:

Devils Grace
16-12-03, 15:16
i think kk didnt realise that besides ppl that doesnt like to pvp, no one else is happy with the guards in pp1

come on ppl go there to fight for ages, they have to know we like it that way

so i dont understand why they screwedthat place
i wont go there anymore, as so many ppl.

at least remove the guards in pp1

theres notting there besides A&W

and u can go other A&W to get what u get there.

so can someone tell mw why?

im goin to make a pool right now...........

J. Folsom
16-12-03, 15:17
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
This runner did have his LE in and they still gunned him down.

Does no one else think there damage output is just stupid?

I mean, killing myself in all of 1 second is simply rediculous, we should at least have some chance of escape, and they shouldnt shoot stealthed characters also.
Originally posted by Thanatos
Update: Known Issues
- Faction Guards need to be tweaked (combat strength and behaviour)

Of course, tweaked can mean two things, but at least KK's aware of it.