PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Sound Card?

Sorin
16-12-03, 01:29
Okay, I have a Creative Inspire 5.1 5200 speaker system I got last Christmas and I still haven't gotten around to getting a sound card, so currently it's effectively a 2.1 system. I need/want a sound card. In your opinions and experiences, what should I get? At the moment I can't think of anything fancy that I want a sound card to do, all I want is to be able to use my other 3 speakers.

Any info that might be needed:
Shuttle SN41G2 mini system
Windows 2000
Don't know why anything else would be needed, but just ask or search my posts as I've said all I have rather recently.

Kthxbye.

Kaden
16-12-03, 03:29
You could try a Soundblaster Audigy. Got one in my current setup, and it's quite good. And it has 5.1 sound :D

Scikar
16-12-03, 03:44
Just got an Audigy 2 ZS, and I have to say, I am impressed. Using the same speakers as you are (I think, definitely Inspire 5.1 anyway) and the quality is superb.

ElfinLord
16-12-03, 04:03
I have a Hercules Fortissimo III GameSurround 7.1 sound card and I love it.

I use the Altec Lansing 251 5.1 speaker system and it all works wonders for me.

I must admit, though, that I am seriously considering getting the Audigy 2 ZS Gamer. It's the EAX Enhanced HD effects that does it for. That and the five games that comes with it. :D

Sorin
16-12-03, 04:49
Sex

kthx guys. That'll work.

Sorin
30-12-03, 09:31
Hi, I bump old topics. ;)

Anyways. Well, I got that sound card, Sound Blaster Audigy 2ZS. . . .

O...M...G...8| 8| :eek:

Holy SHIT this card 0wnz! I never realized what a HUGE different a sound card could make. :wtf: I finally plugged in my other 3 speakers (Previously I was only using my 5.1 system as a 2.1 because I lacked a sound card and thus a place to plug those other 3 speakers into) and am listening to some of my music. OMFG is all I can say. :D:D

Thanks guys. Huge help.

/sex

:D