PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty

Zanathos
15-12-03, 18:58
Great game, pretty short on the easy difficulties, pretty hard on the harder difficulties, and longer too to play.

I thought it was a little too short though.

Some awsome battle scenes and pretty good music for certain situations of the game.

The most frantic and difficult battle I've had is the one where you have to guard the bridge that the british just captured. There arent very good weapons to use, bullets flying everywhere, grenades being tossed left and right, frantic charges for the Panzerfausts, tossing grenades to make the germans scatter just so I can run by ^_^.

Some levels are good, some bad. Most average.

I think they make things a little too straight forward in that game :p

Was impresed with tank battle level, the first one, for the visuals at least. Would be nice if I could kill the infantry myself :(

*ph33r*
15-12-03, 19:04
Red Square > All

All I did on the bridge map was whore the Flak 88 ^_^ and storming the Reichstag at the end is amazing.

Quality single player campaign, shitty multiplayer.

15-12-03, 19:26
Originally posted by *ph33r*
shitty multiplayer.
I find the multiplayer good but MOHAA > COD. To bad my MOHAA disks are scratched and I can't find it as warez :(

boone
15-12-03, 19:31
the bridgemap on hard difficulty > all. the bastards actually hit from long range, sitting in that flak made you a sitting duck ;).

Zanathos
15-12-03, 19:32
I love some of the music they have for these levels, they are apropriate for whats going on.

I almost cried after storming the Reichstag.

Multiplayer is kind of shitty.

My ass got owned at the flak cannon on the harder difficulties of that level.

I ended up just hanging around the bunker. using the MG42, panzerfaust, etc...

didnt they mention that thye were going to allow us to pick what guys to go into missions with?

Or am I thinking of something else?

I dont like any of the british weapons :p

always end up nabbing the mp40 and 44 as the brits, i stay away from the german rifle as if its satan.

i like the tompson and m1 garrand for allies.

i like the russian weapons, specially the large clip size for the smg, good for suppression.

Psyco Groupie
15-12-03, 19:36
CoD is better than dod or mohaa in my opinion!

completed it in veteran, its immensely realistic in that difficulty with the damage you take from the enemies.

i thought all the environments were top notch, especially the town fighting! .. and the dead cows :D

my friend informs me there are mods coming out, notably a blood mod for extra tarentino style effects ... should be some vietnam mod out soon enough

my overall view is 5 stars :P

*ph33r*
15-12-03, 19:39
Ooh I just remembered, anyone else think the graphics on the dam mission were bloody incredible? I stood there for like 3 mins just looking at the mountains and early morning sky lol it was so beautiful.... then I got sniped =/

Most frustrating part is on the airfield, man your team mates are useless in that mission, I kept getting killed by dudes on the roof... few grenades sorted them out tho. Shooting down stukas is rockage :D

Elric
15-12-03, 19:39
CoD kicks ass all round imo. the multiplayer is fantastic once you get used to the pace of it. Its not as fast and hectric as MoHAA which alot of people have difficulty getting used to, but give it time patience and a bit of practice and its one of the best Multiplayers out there.

The Single Player campaign was amazing. the music and mood was perfect, the set pieces were amazingly realised (The first of the russian mission! omg, so damn good, a game never managed to instill such a sense of fear and urgency in me before, the bridge defense as mentioned everything was just brilliant.)

I honestly cant fault it in any way (MP issues will be fixed soon, bunnyhopping, no way to lmit grenades or snipers etc etc). Brilliant game all in and £30 well spent. Best day wasted on a
single player game in a long long time.

Originally posted by *ph33r*
Ooh I just remembered, anyone else think the graphics on the dam mission were bloody incredible? I stood there for like 3 mins just looking at the mountains and early morning sky lol it was so beautiful.... then I got sniped =/

Oh god yes... amazing...

Most frustrating part is on the airfield, man your team mates are useless in that mission, I kept getting killed by dudes on the roof... few grenades sorted them out tho. Shooting down stukas is rockage :D

:lol: totally agreed.

Zanathos
15-12-03, 19:40
im doing it on the hardened difficulty right now, next its veteran.

Its really friggin anoying trying to shoot germans on MG42s, specially when you have very good cover and it doesnt seem possible he could see you.

level that comes to mind...... St. Mere elglise during the day......

GOD I HATE THOSE GERMANS WHORING THEIR MG42'S!

The multiplayer could use some MAJOR improvements, I dont mind the pace of the game in multiplayer.

BTW, never played MOHAA.

for those guys on the roof of the airfield mission, when you get a break shootin the stukas, turn around with your Bren drawn and fire away, then get back on the flak cannon.

the dam level was kinda purdy. I was more in awe of the first russian level. Hearing your comrades charge into battle, seeing 50 guys runnin up the beach, men dieing left and right, bullets flying everywhere.........

15-12-03, 19:44
Yeh they need to fix the MP cause there are some shitty bugs and cheats. Damn wallhackers ...

Elric
15-12-03, 19:46
Originally posted by #151988
Yeh they need to fix the MP cause there are some shitty bugs and cheats. Damn wallhackers ...

:lol:
Some of the clipping is so bad you dont NEED to wallhack!

As I sadi though, its being patched to sort out all these little niggles very soon.

damn... just talking about it makes me wanna go home and boot it up in Veteran mode now (only did it on hard). Damn you all, I have things I need to do in NC tonight!!

*ph33r*
15-12-03, 19:47
Man don't get me started on Stalingrad.... I litterally bought the game just to play that level lol, very much like the start of Enemy at the gates, it was so intense... men jumping off the boats in fear of their lives, and then being shot by their own commanders because they saw them as traitors... and then being used as bait so a friend of yours can snipe the german MG42s... lol I was shitting myself as I ran from ruin to ruin.

Quality stuff :D

15-12-03, 19:49
Originally posted by Elric
:lol:
Some of the clipping is so bad you dont NEED to wallhack!

As I sadi though, its being patched to sort out all these little niggles very soon.

damn... just talking about it makes me wanna go home and boot it up in Veteran mode now (only did it on hard). Damn you all, I have things I need to do in NC tonight!!
Every cool gamer starts every game in the hardest mode.

Elric
15-12-03, 19:50
hehehe. I kept gettin killed trying to figure ut the best ruins to hide at. At one point i decided to run back for the boats on the opff chance a gun would be lying there and the commander guys shot me up :D

I'd personally say the Russian section, in particular that first map and the red square charge was definately the best bits in the game.

Originally posted by #151988
Every cool gamer starts every game in the hardest mode.

:lol: Leave me alone :p

I just didnt wanna go all out on veteran before getting used to the controls etc. :p

Possessed
15-12-03, 19:54
Yeah, the Russian part was definently the best... I mean... almost orgasmic :wtf:

and the Reichstad... wow

Was fun to play as something else other than a yank for once

*ph33r*
15-12-03, 19:57
BERLIN IS OURS COMRADES!! *waves russian flag*

...and the video after that.... *sniff* beautiful

Style
15-12-03, 19:58
best world war 2 shooter, with RTCW coming close behind.

game of the year.

multiplayer rocks, k$k are top

alot of problems with hacking going on, most of the opengl shit will be sorted by punkbuster, but obvisly there is always gona be hax around

Zanathos
15-12-03, 21:31
By far the russian missions are the BEST in that game.

When I went to go play the multiplayer, I was hoping it would be like Wolfenstein : Enemy Territory

sadly disapointed.

on the plus side, I just realized how realistic that game is :p I like the AI the germans have ^_^. Supression fire really works :D

I also noticed the germans become more and more realistic like as you increase in difficulty. On the easy difficulty, the germans couldnt care less if there was a grenade next to them. On the hard difficulties, the germans will run away, toss the grenade away, or charge at the thrower of the grenade :p

There have also been times where ther germans have flanked me :eek:

I still hate the freakin MG42's, on the tanks and not on the tanks, they always seem to shoot at ya somehow once they see you. (or when they arent occupied with your "friends") Gotta align the shot by leaning, then take the shot quick, get back behiend the wall.

Im still waiting for another game that has a similar feature to red faction, destroyable walls :D

Zanathos
15-12-03, 22:00
Just remembered, the St. Mere Eglise levels are cool too, both night and day versions. The day version is frantic like the bridgemap, but not nearly as much.

I like the effect that your character experiences when an explosion goes off close to ya.

Elric
15-12-03, 22:03
Originally posted by Zanathos
Just remembered, the St. Mere Eglise levels are cool too, both night and day versions. The day version is frantic like the bridgemap, but not nearly as much.

I like the effect that your character experiences when an explosion goes off close to ya.

hehehe. yeah that owns, the whole deafness and funny vision, it was fantastic.

Imagine NC having that ! Every tank would be using moonstrikers more than CS's!

Zanathos
15-12-03, 22:07
Its cool cause you hear something like distant running water in your ears, your vision is all blurry, and it looks like your stoned, everything is happening quickly around you, but your moving in slow motion. Then after all of that, the way the sounds of battle come back at you is pure ownage.

........... I WANNA GO HOME AND PLAY CoD DAMMIT!

*crawls in a corner under a desk, holds his knees, rocks back and fourth*

Just another hour.... Just another hour.... Just another hour....

Go play the game on the easier difficulties, chuck a grenade into a pile of germans, watch them fly after :lol:

fun fun fun ^_^

Gotta start taking myself some more screenies :D

15-12-03, 22:37
Originally posted by Zanathos
When I went to go play the multiplayer, I was hoping it would be like Wolfenstein : Enemy Territory

sadly disapointed.

CoD and Wolfenstein: ET can't be compared since they are totally different.

Ryuben
16-12-03, 00:07
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/ryuben/shot0008.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/ryuben/shot0007.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/ryuben/shot0006.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/ryuben/shot0005.jpg http://www.angelfire.com/alt/ryuben/shot0019.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/ryuben/shot0019.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/ryuben/shot0020.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/ryuben/shot0021.jpg

Zanathos
16-12-03, 00:19
Images arent working.

Ryuben
16-12-03, 01:42
what ya mean all of them

:mad:

freee hosting site plz

Zanathos
16-12-03, 01:51
why are you showing images of you as the top scorer? its nothing much.... i was top scorer on my first 3 maps :P