PDA

View Full Version : Allowed or not allowed official answer plz

Candaman
15-12-03, 16:54
Not mentioning any names but while attacking some faction enemy's in pp the other day a faction counsellor appeared an started attacking me with a pistol and then proceeded to rez all the enemy's i killed. Now when asked if faction counsellors were allowed to attack her answer was "It was self defence ^^" now there is now way to prove or disprove this and the counsellor was crap at pistols so didn't really hurt me but i'd like a official answer on whether this is allowed or not and if not how in hell would someone disprove they attacked them i thought faction counsellors were given GOD mode so that if attacked they could flick it on and no harm done??

J. Folsom
15-12-03, 16:56
As long as the faction counsellor has god mode off, she is allowed to attack you in case you're attacking members of her faction.

Faction counsellor god mode was only ever put in to prevent "faction counsellor hunters", that is, people who specifically target faction counsellors regardless of faction relations.

\\Fényx//
15-12-03, 16:57
what the hell, i think i know the FC that your on about, she's a PE right ? A rezzing PE O_o that would be like a 90 second casting time 8|

Syntax-Error
15-12-03, 16:59
FCs (as far as i know) are allowed to defend themselves. and there not supposed to have godmode on while in public (due to it been bad RP)

Jesterthegreat
15-12-03, 17:00
as said - if godmode was off then its RP. if godmode was on it is abusing powers

Oath
15-12-03, 17:01
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
what the hell, i think i know the FC that your on about, she's a PE right ? A rezzing PE O_o that would be like a 90 second casting time 8|

Unless his/her stats are maxxed.............

Jesterthegreat
15-12-03, 17:05
yes... they have capped stats (127/127 rank is usually a dead giveaway)

i was told that GM weapons etc are really crap - so if they die they dont polute the rare pool. due to excesive stats they cap them anyway. dunno if its true but it sounds true :p (although peeps wouldnt bitch about GM spawned weapons if it were true - or maybe thats why KK does nothing about it? they know its bullshit lol)

\\Fényx//
15-12-03, 17:06
Originally posted by Oath
Unless his/her stats are maxxed.............

on a 'char' that was /61 last time i saw her a few days ago ? o_O or do the FC's have custom stats, loke 60 all round etc . . .

Jester the FC's that ive seen on pluto are not 127/127 their all around the same ranks as normal runners, as thats what their meant to be, the only exception is winston cross who ive seen at rank /76 but he was probably on drugs, as hes a delusional TG :p ;)

Ka0s^
15-12-03, 17:06
Godmode= not for use when Rping only for events and such
No-Godmode= fighting legit as u stand a chance of killing him/her

:)

Ka0s^
15-12-03, 17:07
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
yes... they have capped stats (127/127 rank is usually a dead giveaway)

i was told that GM weapons etc are really crap - so if they die they dont polute the rare pool. due to excesive stats they cap them anyway. dunno if its true but it sounds true :p (although peeps wouldnt bitch about GM spawned weapons if it were true - or maybe thats why KK does nothing about it? they know its bullshit lol)

FCs dont have capped stats :)

Jesterthegreat
15-12-03, 17:08
well the ones i have seen had 127/127 ranks...

\\Fényx//
15-12-03, 17:09
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
well the ones i have seen had 127/127 ranks...

well thats fuckery then . . .

O_o

Jesterthegreat
15-12-03, 17:14
ill have to check when i get home... hope i got a screenie or 2...

or everyone will think im talkin out of my ass :p lol

El_MUERkO
15-12-03, 17:19
If she had 127/127 then killing her would be hard and rezing people while you were attacking her easy but if she didnt have 127 how could she cast rez unless its part of god mode?

As I understand it FCs are not allowed PvP with god mode on but can stand there and laugh at you while you attack there god moded selves :)

Jesterthegreat
15-12-03, 17:20
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
If she had 127/127 then killing her would be hard and rezing people while you were attacking her easy but if she didnt have 127 how could she cast rez unless its part of god mode?

As I understand it FCs are not allowed PvP with god mode on but can stand there and laugh at you while you attack there god moded selves :)

AFAIK godmode is for events / official business only

Keiron
15-12-03, 17:23
All the FC's I've seen have had normal ranks.
http://sharpspark.com/~keiron/BDFC.JPG
http://sharpspark.com/~keiron/Term1.JPG
http://sharpspark.com/~keiron/Term2.JPG

Jesterthegreat
15-12-03, 17:35
i really hope i have screenies then lol

Felissa
15-12-03, 17:39
Maybe you saw a GM and thought it was an FC? Or in neofrag or on testserver?

Jesterthegreat
15-12-03, 17:40

no

\\Fényx//
15-12-03, 17:41
jester you LIAR !!1111 :p :lol:

[Edit] btw, excuse me if im being fuckin thick, but doesent that FC in keiron's screenies have a Terminator ?!? O_o 8| 8| If these fac councilers apparently have normal weapons etc, how the fuck is one running around with a non obtainable weapon, other than it being GM spawned O_o!

Jesterthegreat
15-12-03, 17:46
yes it is a terminator... and i have no idea why she is randomly in TH with a terminator :p ask keiron lol

J. Folsom
15-12-03, 17:47
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
[Edit] btw, excuse me if im being fuckin thick, but doesent that FC in keiron's screenies have a Terminator ?!? O_o 8| 8| If these fac councilers apparently have normal weapons etc, how the fuck is one running around with a non obtainable weapon, other than it being GM spawned O_o! It's probably in her first QB slot to prevent it being dropped... At least, I've yet to hear of someone selling a Terminator for 500 MC5 chips :P

Jesterthegreat
15-12-03, 17:49
i think he means why does a (i assume) FA FC have one? anyway im goin home from work now... laters all

\\Fényx//
15-12-03, 17:52
Originally posted by J. Folsom
It's probably in her first QB slot to prevent it being dropped... At least, I've yet to hear of someone selling a Terminator for 500 MC5 chips :P

well personally she shouldnt have the bloody gun atall. Either somethings up with that FC or theres a GM spawning certain FC's weapons O_o The FC's ive spoken to all have like store purchaseable weapons that have been rebuilt, no spawned stuff, yet that ones blatantly running around with a gun, that cant be obtained atall . . . first off you need one of the books, then you gotta do the run, and the run hasnt been implemented yet O_o

Ka0s^
15-12-03, 17:54
kimuko isnt the FA FC :)

FCs hold rank of 127/127 *** on testserver
As for the shotgun..... I dunno lol they are semi GM tho so i spose its possible they are issued with every wep ingame. Ill ask Tamara my boss :)

\\Fényx//
15-12-03, 17:57
Originally posted by Ka0s^
kimuko isnt the FA FC :)

FCs hold rank of 127/127 *** on testserver
As for the shotgun..... I dunno lol they are semi GM tho so i spose its possible they are issued with every wep ingame. Ill ask Tamara my boss :)

well then thats utter bullshit, anyone can apply to be a FC, and if they get treatment like that, whats gonna happen when a jackass is made a FC and these items like the terminator etc get into the hands of a normal runner . . .

El_MUERkO
15-12-03, 18:00
I know FCs arent allowed PvP with god mode on but I'm unsure about everything else, maybe Nid could post exactly what faction councillors are and arent allowed do (are they 127/127, can they spawn mobs, can they use god mode all the time, can they have weapons not available to normal runners, can they rez fallen runners if their not PPUs...etc) cause right now everyone seems to have different ideas of their abilities.

AlexStarr
15-12-03, 18:14
Ok, time to set some facts straight.

1. FC's do not have 127/127 ranks. The only time we have that is on the Test Server, and that's so we're able to test certain things much more easily. We have regular character caps, so any talk of seeing a 127/127 FC on retail is not right.

2. FC's are supplied with the best equipment they need from their faction. If this includes a Terminator, then we're able to get it. This does NOT mean that we get i.e. 15 MC5's each. We're supplied with only the things that we need.

3. FC's are not allowed to use Godmode in public, nor are we allowed to use invisibility in public. The only exceptions to these would possibly be for events, when they might be needed.

4. FC's are not able to spawn. At all.

Finally, Kumiko is the Tsunami Counsellor. Just so you all know. ;)

\\Fényx//
15-12-03, 18:19
Originally posted by AlexStarr
2. FC's are supplied with the best equipment they need from their faction. If this includes a Terminator, then we're able to get it. This does NOT mean that we get i.e. 15 MC5's each. We're supplied with only the things that we need.

Is that a yes, the faction councillors can obtain weapons that a 'normal' runner can not ? O_o

Keiron
15-12-03, 18:21
3. FC's are not allowed to use Godmode in public, nor are we allowed to use invisibility in public. The only exceptions to these would possibly be for events, when they might be needed.

Err, hit the BD councilor for me then. He defiantly had god-mode on as a clip from my PE didn't do anything. As for why the BD and TS councilors were hanging around in TH, I have no clue.

AlexStarr
15-12-03, 18:26
To put it simply \\Fényx//, yes. But within reason of course.

To put into other terms, you'd expect that the "organizers" of the faction would get the best of the best to make their job easier to do. And asking for 15 MC5's is well out of reason, so something like that wouldn't happen.

Edit: If they did Keiron, then next time let someone know sooner because that isn't allowed.

KimmyG
15-12-03, 18:27

Have seen it used in public. I think they used it to recover there quick belt.

\\Fényx//
15-12-03, 18:56
To put into other terms, you'd expect that the "organizers" of the faction would get the best of the best to make their job easier to do. And asking for 15 MC5's is well out of reason, so something like that wouldn't happen.

Well not to be a bastard but i think its out of order that the person who's been given the chance to play a FC gets to play around with stuff that a normal runner can not. Especially with the fact that its known that a FC is also a 'normal' player, he's running around with a terminator thats not obtainable by anyone, what happens, if under some fluke circumstances that the FC looses that gun ? The player that gets it will probably get fuckin banned for having GM spawned items no doubt :rolleyes:

I never said they had 15 MC5's etc, that wouldnt bother me if they had a MC5 chip for their 'class' however a rezzing 'PE' and winston who's also a tank, that rezzes, another PE running around with the terminator, if you ask me its all a bit 'odd' for this to be happening when these people are there for roleplay purposes, winston cross is a tank, that repairs, mods, uses rifles i think, rezzes and uses blessed buffs, then theres the rezzing PE, those that 'apparently' go into god mode to go grab their belt . . . O_o

its all fuckery . . .

AlexStarr
15-12-03, 19:04
Well, let me just let you know right off. You can't use Winston as an example, because his skill setup was a special case. He was allowed to test out a more "aggressive" skill setup before we were given the ones we have currently. So his will be changed fairly soon.

I understand where you're coming from, but under most circumstances we only have 1 weapon which we carry in our first slot no matter what. But all of your other examples aren't really valid either, since most of them were either against our rules or an exception. And I wasn't saying you did claim someone had 15 MC5's, I was merely using it as an example.

Scikar
15-12-03, 19:18
What about SoulLight? An FC who ended up with red SL would most likely lose that special weapon.

Gotterdammerung
15-12-03, 19:34
Here is the straight dope

FC's don't have a 127/127 rank on any server except the test server. If you think you saw one on a retail server then you are mistaken.

Rules about FC combat have changed recently. Before if they were attacked it was encouraged that they run away, well no more of that. FC's, being that they have all the same old ordinary stats as any other player are now able to join in and assist in a fight and use their skills (ie: a pistol PE is obviously gonna shoot you with a pistol etc) .

As far as weapons, well they are supplied with their weapons. It's not an fc's job to go out & hunt for rare parts so if they need a weapon it is given to them and be assured that no matter what it is it resides in slot #1.

Fenyx, you need to tone down the paranioa a bit and not extrapolate an imaginary situation about a weapon getting into someone elses hands and then them getting banned for having gm spawned weapons. You are trying to plant some seed of doubt about fc's & the weapons/items they get and I'm not gonna let it fly.

FC's are ordinary people, some who have even given up their pvt accounts so that they can fully play their fc roleplaying account and make the gaming experience of the general population better. They are all volunteers and get nothing special for their efforts. So lets try and be a little grateful people during these holiday times and stop looking to hang someone just because they have somethign you don't, especially if you don't know all the circumstances.

Candaman
15-12-03, 19:54
didn't know if this FC had god mode on or off didn't want to test my luck there was 5 people vs little old me and my RoLH so now i have my answer u can close it thnx

Gotterdammerung
15-12-03, 19:56
closed as per thread starters request