PDA

View Full Version : (IDEA) Drastic changes to NC.

MindMaze
15-12-03, 05:42
Ok, let me start by saying that the way NC currently is, it's headed for death at the speed of light. There are many things that need to be addressed like bugs, for example. The REAL destroyer of this game is class balance, though.

I'm going to propose a few ideas about making really, really drastic changes to NC. Before you reply, please make sure you've actually read and fully understood the ideas.

So, I'll start with the community's favorite topic: the PPU.
IMO, a ppu's role needs to be adjusted. I think that a PPU should be the ONLY class able to heal. Also, there would be only ONE version of a heal with only two requirements: CLASS monk, APU = 0. This heal will be used by all ppus. Low level ppus will only be able to heal at about 3-4 a tick, whereas a CAPPED heal would be able to do at MOST 12 or so. Now, all forms of freeze weapons will be removed from the game. Shelter and deflector will also be reserved for the ppu alone; however, for the shelter and deflector, there'd still be three versions like right now. The shelter and deflector would need a very MINOR nerf (maybe about 15% or so). Damage boost will also need to be nerfed a bit, again not a lot. This would make a ppu's role very clear, yet a ppu will not be required at all.

Now on to the APU:
Apu will basically stay the same as it is right now, but the antibuff spells will need to be removed for the game. And apu will be the ultimate damage dealer, just as it is right now.

Tank:
A tank will need to be centered on AOE weapons, meaning the CS will have to be nerfed. Close range fighters will be pistoleros and apus. A tank will be able to deal insane amounts of damage with aoe weapons. Also, a tank will have very high hp. To compensate for the loss of the cs, a tank will also be able to spec a fair amount of melee to be adequetely strong at melee range combat.

PE:
This is the area where I'll need input from people as I'm not quite sure how to balance in the PE.

SPY:
A spy will be what it is right now: a long-ranged fighter. Sniping needs to be improved a lot for this to work. A spy will also be the ONLY class able to construct weapons above a certain TL ( TL 70 for example). If you want to get a cs made, you better give it to that spy over there with 120 cst and not that ppu with 150 cst :)

Mobs and leveling:
Mobs will need to be nerfed MAJORLY for this to work. Solo leveling needs to be VERY possible and viable with all classes apart from the ppu. Now, mobs over 100/100 rank will only fall to big teams, but not necessarily with ppu in team. These mobs will always have good loot on them.

OP fights:
This area has been covered so much before that I don't know whether these ideas have been mentioned or not. Anyway, the best way to go about this is making the attacking team HOLD the op after hacking it for a certain amount of time before it becomes their op. In other words, the attacking team will need to first hack the op (no need for 3 hackers, just one hack will do), and then fight off the defenders for an arbitrary amount of time (say 30 mins). After this, the op can't be hacked by the previous owners for, let's say, 5 hours. All other clans can attack the op. Op benefits need to be reset to clan only again, or maybe faction only. Op wars will not REQUIRE ppus anymore, but having a ppu will definitely be an advantage. The op models will have to be redesigned to give spies the opportunity to snipe. Tanks will be the initial attackers, after the initial AOE battle, the PEs and APUs will engage in close combat, with some melee tanks helping out as well. OP fights will become really, really fun because all classes will be needed in some way.

Miscellaneous:
Make all guards inferior to capped chars. This game is all about people defending their own turf, not some npcs doing all the killing.
Item drops need to go back to the way they were before: any item from the player's inv can drop (not just qb anymore, so no more putting away cs into inv right before you die, hehe).
The rare pool needs to be decreased drastically. Also, these items need not be rare at all. Make the drops very high so that anybody can have a cs or lib. I'm not really sure if it'd be good if only certain mobs would drop parts for particular weapon groups.

SL and the role of a criminal:
Sl will go up a certain amount from killing monsters. The higher the monster's rank, the more sl one gets for killing it. Let's say killing a 120/120 mob will give 10 sl or so. Now, killing a member of the same faction will result in a loss of 100 or so sl. Killing a member of a neutral faction will result in a loss of about 50. No sl loss for killing an enemy faction runner. once one's sl is under 0, one becomes a criminal for a certain amount of time (say 2 hours). If one so chooses, he can keep killing and become a really hardcore criminal. I think that some weapons need to be reserved to criminal runners. That way, there is a benefit and a downside. Downside is being shot by every copbot and dropping 3 items instead of one. BUT, if you kill a runner as a criminal, you get access to 2 times and not 1. Item drop needs to be completely random. I'm not too sure how balanced that particular idea is, but it's a start. Also, all zones will need to become anarchy zones. With ops, though, it should be different; the two clans engaged in the op fight will not lose any sl at all, no matter what faction ties they have.

Ok, I think I've covered most of the things that I think should be implemented. I know almost for certain that none of these changes will be implemented. BUT, because I played this game for over a year, I feel like I should try and help this game that has given me a lot of fun time. There are other things that need to be discussed, such as faction benefits and the PE, but I'm too tired to think of ideas right now, hehe. Anyways, please vote and suggest freely. Try to be polite and not bash ideas or slander anybody for inputting certain ideas, thanks.

Psycho_Soldier
15-12-03, 06:03
This might work but I have some suggestions to help it out. Medikits should be boosted, heal 5-10 a tic. When someone shoots you (allied or neutral) you should be put into defense mode meaning you can kill that person that shot you and not lose SL.

FunkEFerret
15-12-03, 07:34
Class Balancing: Ok, to start I like the idea of "class balancing" too bad it's a pipe dream....to truely balance things you would need a min lvl you can attack in an anarchy/ hunting zones....in otherwords no more "you killed my n00b w/ your n00b now I'm going to get my capped tank and wax your ass" (who hasn't been there?). PSI Defence would help balance things if it worked too.

Trade Skills: I do like the idea of Class based trade skills, but you need to take it to more of an extreme...Spys Research and Construct, Monks Research and Barter, PEs anything (less effectivly), Tanks Repair and Recycle...if your a tank and want to build stuff... make a spy (every class should have driving/hacking available to them no matter how much they suck at it).

PVP: Now on to your PvP ideas...Great!!!! ...... for a PvPer, now what about a tradeskiller or non-PvP (alot of ppl...n00bs...Join clans to meet ppl but really have little interest in PvP). I don't have the answer but putting the LE back in is a crappy option for most.

Soullight: Criminal kills player X. Player X has good SL. Player X is punished by dropping more items to a Criminal. BAD idea....sorry

Criminal kills player X. Player X has Good SL. Criminal gets nothing. Better (perfect w/ Criminal Advantages as stated below)

NonCriminal Kills Criminal, Non Criminal gets SL and the 3 items.

Criminal Advantages:
Access to Illegal weapons and Armor (lowish rare TL) better than regular store bought but still buyable w/ CRIMINAL tag
5% increase to XP gain (Copbots are after them after all)
All Anti-City GRs are open to you

Criminal Disadvantages:
3 items droped on death in Anarchy/hunting zones
1 item droped in Warzones
ALL pro city gaurds will gun for you on sight (even if you are allied to them)
All pro city GRs are closed to you (inside NC as well, except your apt)
No items gained from non criminal PKs

Non Criminal:
No change (doesn't really need to be)

now on to the carebears ( I say this w/ affection as I am one at heart)

LE's Need:
LE Clans
5% Decrease to XP gain
Can never get a CRIMINAL tag no matter how bad there SL is

I'm not saying that this is a perfect idea set, and I stole a few ideas from other MMORPGs (if you played them you'll know them). but for the most part I think there needs to be a system that keeps a xx/60 runner from waxing a xx/02 n00b....if the n00b wants to pick a fight hehe.....game on! I think a 10 lvls down range is a good place....if you want to pick a fight w/ a higher lvl.....ummm have fun =)

Birkoff
15-12-03, 08:08
Some would work very well some won't.
I like the new SL idea very much... SL sucks as it is.

I hope some of the people that voted they don't like n e of it post and say why

ServeX
16-12-03, 00:19
no.

Phlith
16-12-03, 00:35
Don't touch my HAB. Decrease its RoF maybe, but don't even think about removing it. But I like the rest of the post but I have to reread it to make sure I understood it so :P

MindMaze
16-12-03, 01:12
Originally posted by ServeX
no.

ROFL! Still mad eh? I'm sorry.

petek480
16-12-03, 01:13
Originally posted by MindMaze
ROFL! Still mad eh? I'm sorry.
lol, he's still mad at you too?:lol:

MindMaze
16-12-03, 01:20
Originally posted by petek480
lol, he's still mad at you too?:lol:
I'd post something, but I'm gonna get that KEEP IT INGAME bs. So I won't :)

MindMaze
16-12-03, 01:23
Bleh, why even bother with the thread if so many people say no. Oh well, I tried, off to other games.

Note to MODS: I haven't CANCELLED my account, so please don't go deleting my forum name please.

Ulle
16-12-03, 01:31
Note to MODS: I haven't CANCELLED my account, so please don't go deleting my forum name please.

:confused: :confused: :confused: What gave the impression that we would, we never have deleted a forum name before o_O

Psycho_Soldier
16-12-03, 01:39
Originally posted by Ulle
:confused: :confused: :confused: What gave the impression that we would, we never have deleted a forum name before o_O

Wasn't there a rule made saying that for every person that goes announcing they are leaving Neocron, they will have their forum account deactivated?

MindMaze
16-12-03, 01:39
Originally posted by Ulle

Hmmmm... wasn't there a post by Nidhogg saying that if one makes a goodbye thread, one's account gets deleted? or maybe not deleted, I don't remember exactly. :angel:

EDIT: ARG psycho beat me to it :)

ServeX
16-12-03, 03:55
EDIT: ARG psycho beat me to it :)
yes.

nonamebrandeggs
16-12-03, 04:01
yeah spies are uber snipers! 96 range is fucking uber for sniping!

Oath
16-12-03, 04:04
OK,

to your tank nerf,

FU,

thats one thing that makes me angry, tanks are dynamic i WANT to move, i dont want to sit on my armored ass firing shot after shot of sh*t at people.........thats one way to kill a class off.

As for the other sh*t, i didnt even look.

.edited my naughty language :D

MindMaze
16-12-03, 05:27
All I was saying was that there should be distinction between classes. And a tank seems like the perfect candidate for long ranged AOE combat. And btw, FU too; if you noticed, I asked for you NOT to bash people for their opinions. This is exactly the reason why nobody new joins this game; some people in this community are so fucked up that they can't even post something without flaming. Anyway, can a mod please close this thread?

nonamebrandeggs
16-12-03, 05:44
You still have not recognized that spies can't snipe. it's not possible we have less range than a APU.

Pistols spies SILLY MANS!

MindMaze
16-12-03, 05:49
Rifle spies should have INSANE range, maybe a whole zone even. The whole problem with this forum is the biosness ( is that even a word? *waits for serve's yes/no response*). Instead of thinking about your char ONLY, think about the whole balance of the game. I mean, what truely makes you pick a tank over a pe or an apu? All three calsses do the same thing in almost the same way. To me that's no fun.

nonamebrandeggs
16-12-03, 05:54
Dude! You have not said _anything_ to balance pistol spies! Stop ignoring me and read. Pistol spies do not snipe.

no not a word.

MindMaze
16-12-03, 06:03
Why don't you propose what to do with pistol spies? :) I'm not gonna bother posting anymore ideas on these boards with these fuckheads around. But ermm, give pistol spies some sort of infiltration suit, like the one in Planetside.

gostly
16-12-03, 06:13
man, i hate this community so fuckin much...

i like most of the ideas...altho i guess it doesnt matter much since so many people voted no...

this game needs some drastic changes...FFS

rubaduckythug
16-12-03, 06:15
Im with oath, FU!!! NERF THE TANKS CS, screw off man its not gonna happen, its obvious your onesided i didnt manage to look at your other ideas considering after i read the nerf cs i was pissed. im sure you wanna F with other class's besides the class's you play o_O oh make the class's you play better i guess while everyone else gets nurfed right? F that

EDIT: BTW i have voted and stated my opion not a flame ^^

gostly
16-12-03, 06:18
Im with oath, FU!!! NERF THE TANKS CS, screw off man its not gonna happen, its obvious your onesided i didnt manage to look at your other ideas considering after i read the nerf cs i was pissed. im sure you wanna F with other class's besides the class's you play oh make the class's you play better i guess while everyone else gets nurfed right? F that

this must be what everyone is doing...getting to the same part and saying fuck that, voting you didnt like any of the ideas...

tbh, the cs nerf is one of the ideas i didnt like either, i still voted i like some of the ideas...

that's why i hate this community, when their's a poll, they hardly ever read the whole fuckin post before voting...

ServeX
16-12-03, 06:20
Anyway, can a mod please close this thread?
yes, please.

rubaduckythug
16-12-03, 06:21
hey i only voted no becuase id rather vote no to all his ideas then hav him mistake taht i might actually like the cs nerf idea, he cant tell wut ideas we liked and wut we didnt, i jsut didnt want him to get the wrong idea ;)

EDIT: ermm yea go ahead and close it sry jsut wanted to get that in b4 :p :p :p

gostly
16-12-03, 06:23
hey i only voted no becuase id rather vote no to all his ideas then hav him mistake taht i might actually like the cs nerf idea, he cant tell wut ideas we liked and wut we didnt, i jsut didnt want him to get the wrong idea

lol, you didnt even read the poll options...

2-------I like some of them and dislike others (please specify which).

MindMaze
16-12-03, 06:23
Originally posted by rubaduckythug
Im with oath, FU!!! NERF THE TANKS CS, screw off man its not gonna happen, its obvious your onesided i didnt manage to look at your other ideas considering after i read the nerf cs i was pissed. im sure you wanna F with other class's besides the class's you play o_O oh make the class's you play better i guess while everyone else gets nurfed right? F that

EDIT: BTW i have voted and stated my opion not a flame ^^

*Looks for something that is wrong in that post* AHA, found it. For your information, I've played a tank since the first day of retail. Please don't assume things until you know the facts, thanks.

rubaduckythug
16-12-03, 06:24
woops 8| :p sry my anger got the best of me :(

EDIT: notice my sig :p :lol: :p

MindMaze
16-12-03, 06:25
yes, please.

Ok, I usually wouldn't do what I will do right now, but DUDE, aren't you 20 years old or something? time to grow up man, serioulsy.

ServeX
16-12-03, 06:27
Tbh evileye, although I can see why you would want to change the classes around to make them more distinct and create more variety, I do not think that that is worth compromising peoples current characters for that goal. For me personally, I really enjoy playing a tank. I am content with how they are now and personally I wouldn't enjoy being limited to AoE and Melee. I like having the ability of choosing whether to use pistols, rifles, melee, AoE, Heavy Combat. That is what makes Neocron special for me. And I can see how this may be boring for some, but for me? I enjoy the game as it is.

nonamebrandeggs
16-12-03, 06:27
yes

rubaduckythug
16-12-03, 06:28
19, but i guess im not a 40yr old without a anger problem sry :( either way i was stating that i was pissed about that idea, im sure you relize that msot your - votes were infact becuase of that, i know im not the only one who voted no becuase of cs nerf idea ^^

EDIT: also i jsut gotta say that your whole doing this and that with class's is just uneccecary, i think ppl should be able to figure out wut they want to do with there chars not one persons invison :D i also think ppl know wut to do with there chars ;)

of course chars do need certain tweaking and retweaking but not drastic things like only certain class's can do this or that, that would mean no hybrids at all, i do not have a hybrid but i can admire a good hybrid when i see him ;)

MindMaze
16-12-03, 06:30
Originally posted by rubaduckythug
woops 8| :p sry my anger got the best of me :(

EDIT: notice my sig :p :lol: :p

Np. Just to state something here before this thread gets closed (please hurry with that if possible mods): classes need to differ, not just by the model of their weapons (pistol, heavy, spell, etc.).
If tanks become long ranged fighters and some people don't like it, then I think those people should be given a chance to switch to a different class and not lose any items, much like the psi points release when the hybrids started to get nerfed. Anyway, there is really no point to posting ideas here, people will flame and bash before looking at the big picture.

Ok that was the last thing I wanted to say.

ServeX
16-12-03, 06:38
Tanks aren't supposed to be snipers though. That would eliminate the role of rifle spys. The class which is intended to be benefited the most by their high dextrity and intelligence levels which are essential for using high level rifles efficiently. Personally, when I think of a tank I think of a class that is in the front line of a battle withstanding the most damage and dishing out damage as well. A powerful 'up-in-your-face' type of class. Whether that means melee or heavy combat I don't know, but then again this is the year 2700 something, and melee dosen't really seem like a viable option at this point in time, at least in a role playing perspective.

MindMaze
16-12-03, 07:04
Tanks aren't supposed to be snipers though. That would eliminate the role of rifle spys. The class which is intended to be benefited the most by their high dextrity and intelligence levels which are essential for using high level rifles efficiently. Personally, when I think of a tank I think of a class that is in the front line of a battle withstanding the most damage and dishing out damage as well. A powerful 'up-in-your-face' type of class. Whether that means melee or heavy combat I don't know, but then again this is the year 2700 something, and melee dosen't really seem like a viable option at this point in time, at least in a role playing perspective.

The real point of my idea was that I think classes need to be heavily distinguishable. There are a ton of ways to go about this, not just what I proposed. But, like I said, it'll never work when people vote no based either on their dislike for me or on their bias towards their own classes. With every new day, I realize more and more that this game has reached the end for ME, so I think I'll activate this trial PlanetSide and see what I'll do with my nc accounts.

EDIT: Seeing as this thread has turned into a more or less civil discussion, I withdraw my request for mods to close this thread.

EDIT2: @rubaduckythug: I really don't see the point of having 4 variations of the SAME thing. Seriously, think about the big picture. The way the classes are described in the manual is exactly the way it should be. Spies are supposed to be agile right? well guess what? my tank has MUCH more agility than any spy I know!

ServeX
16-12-03, 07:16
The real point of my idea was that I think classes need to be heavily distinguishable. There are a ton of ways to go about this, not just what I proposed. But, like I said, it'll never work when people vote no based either on their dislike for me or on their bias towards their own classes. With every new day, I realize more and more that this game has reached the end for ME, so I think I'll activate this trial PlanetSide and see what I'll do with my nc accounts.

EDIT: Seeing as this thread has turned into a more or less civil discussion, I withdraw my request for mods to close this thread.

EDIT2: @rubaduckythug: I really don't see the point of having 4 variations of the SAME thing. Seriously, think about the big picture. The way the classes are described in the manual is exactly the way it should be. Spies are supposed to be agile right? well guess what? my tank has MUCH more agility than any spy I know!

Let me know if you get PS, I'll play with you sometime. I'm Terran and Vanu on Emerald. Xanat0s = Vanu name, Serve = Terran
name.

They just merged the servers, so you can be two empires, but if you log on Terran then within 12 hours you log on Vanu, you can't play Terran again for 12 more hours. This was done because some people who were transfered over from other servers were not the same empire on Johari for ex. as they were on Emerald.

There's been some huge kickass fights lately though due to the server merges. I'm talking like 300+ people in a fight, easy.

Msg me on aim, Hoops190, if you want to play.

MindMaze
16-12-03, 07:28
@Serve: I'm not sure what you mean by they merged servers because I see US east and US west (forgot exactly what their names are). I made a char on the US west server, and he is New Conglomerate. Name is MindMaze since EE was taken. I'm getting HORRIBLE occasional lag, but I think that it's because of my 512 mb ram (people in game told me you need at least a gig), so I'm gonna probably ugrade.

ServeX
16-12-03, 23:26
Ram is a crucial factor in PS's performance. Additionally what I meant by the server merge was that they merged the east servers together and the west servers together. The european server is still the way it was before. I'm on Emerald.

ATI Radeon 9800 XT
1024 ram
2.8 ghz
ADSL connection

...and I can't remember the last time I got a slow down in the game, personally I would recommend upgrading your ram.

Tank!
17-12-03, 01:14
If you want to keep the game alive bring in more fresh content, don't screw with the classes like this, totally rash descision.

I read all these ideas, some are great and deserve attention while the rest require someone to pull thier head out of their ass before posting. Won't mention any names here, but folks PLEASE think your own ideas through before posting them! Consider the current population and how your idea will affect them. Many people on NC right now have spent countless hours (including me) leveling their characters and collecting things.

Point is, rethink your ideas because the polls certainly have spoken in this regard... ;)

MindMaze
17-12-03, 02:09
Originally posted by Tank!
If you want to keep the game alive bring in more fresh content, don't screw with the classes like this, totally rash descision.

I read all these ideas, some are great and deserve attention while the rest require someone to pull thier head out of their ass before posting. Won't mention any names here, but folks PLEASE think your own ideas through before posting them! Consider the current population and how your idea will affect them. Many people on NC right now have spent countless hours (including me) leveling their characters and collecting things.

Point is, rethink your ideas because the polls certainly have spoken in this regard... ;)

Ok, first of all, nobody asked you to like all the ideas; if you notice, there is a second option in the poll and a third. It's called freedom of speech and, therefore, freedom of ideas. If you don't like it, post what you do or don't like and leave it at that. No need to tell me to think about my ideas because I already have.

thanks.