PDA

View Full Version : NPC guards and epics

Morris
14-12-03, 17:34
I'm curious as to whether or not the new guards have affected the difficulty of certain epic runs. Has anyone completed the Tangent, Biotech, or CM epics (not sure if any others put you up against hostile guards) since the guards were beefed up?

Sorry if this is a repeat but a quick search didn't turn up much in the way of solid information.

WebShock
14-12-03, 17:53
im pretty sure that any noob that tries to talk to the bd spy in catlock bay is screwed since he is guarded by 2 tg npc's.

im reffering to the tangent epic where you have to go to the watch tower to talk to some guy out at catlock.

Ghard
14-12-03, 18:20
how about the last part of the tangent epic u know inside a certain faction hq umm is that posable?

Richard Blade
14-12-03, 18:32
It's still likely possible, if you are high enough level to stealth, or at worst have a decent setup with your agility / athletics. You should be able to run right past them as long as you don't hesitate.

Leebzie
14-12-03, 19:07
Originally posted by Richard Blade
as long as you don't hesitate.

Or go into random sync...:rolleyes:

Richard Blade
14-12-03, 19:23
I'm afraid that I've fallen into the habit many other long time players have formed.

Don't acknowledge the the problems. Synch, lag, missing NPC's, etc.

Then, you can say things in the forum that would make sense without the bug / glitch.

So, yeah, if you don't have an extended synch, you can make it.

Sefran
14-12-03, 19:36
Or what about the 3th quest of Tangent epic. Where u have to speak to the tsunami npc its right near the tower with TG guards , i mean how in hell are u suposed to talk to him, kill him and get away alive? Even a ppu wouldnt help much...

Archeus
14-12-03, 19:38
Or the NEXT epic in the pussy club the guards shoot at you then.

Richard Blade
14-12-03, 19:53
Or the NEXT epic in the pussy club the guards shoot at you then.

Or what about the 3th quest of Tangent epic. Where u have to speak to the tsunami npc its right near the tower with TG guards , i mean how in hell are u suposed to talk to him, kill him and get away alive? Even a ppu wouldnt help much...

Both excellent points and follow along with some thoughts I was going to make a thread about. Sooner or later.

Basically, though, KK needs to tweak the epics so they can be run by low to mid level characters without being cooked by the various faction guards.

Sefran
14-12-03, 19:56
There really shoulnt be ANY guards outside the hq, all those tg guards outside...now 120/120 that is totally NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Sorontar
14-12-03, 21:11
Originally posted by Sefran

I think you can walk up to him when the guards have their backs turned on you and as soon as you initiate chat with him they will not attack you. It seemed to be that way when I did it .... I am likely wrong.

Then you don't have to kill him ............ just leg it to a waiting vehicle once he opens fire and escape.

greendonkeyuk
14-12-03, 21:20
looks like a design oversight to me.......

not done any epics since the patch but im guessing the biotech visit for you tangent nubs is gonna need a ppus assistance or stealth?

Tanks dont complain, you get to keep the con xp :D j/k

Ascension
14-12-03, 21:25
how r PPU's meant 2 kill 4 epics?:(

Sefran
14-12-03, 21:27
Fists + dmg boost = dead npc :D

icarium
15-12-03, 00:15
Originally posted by Ascention

we got to spend 4 months punching them to death, or engaging them in a conversation about the merits of cardigans until they top themselves

HTH ;)

Mumblyfish
15-12-03, 01:51
Originally posted by Ascention

Spec a weapon skill.

MY BRAINS! THEY WORK!

SovKhan
15-12-03, 02:02
or use parabolt.

Keyol45743241
15-12-03, 02:10
Or even... TEAM THE FUCK UP WITH SOMEONE ELSE :wtf:

Ghard
15-12-03, 02:24
Originally posted by Keyol45743241
Or even... TEAM THE (bad boy) UP WITH SOMEONE ELSE :wtf:
does teaming grant u the kill?

Keyol45743241
15-12-03, 02:45
If you do (I think) 10% of the damage, then 'yes'. But IMHO 10% is way easier for a PPU to pummel the damboosted enemy down with a meleebuff and a double sharpened baseball bat than soloing him completely :rolleyes:

Xizor
15-12-03, 16:10
I have not tryed to do the Biotech epic, but I think it's near impossible without stealth.
In the last mission you have to wander off INTO Tangent HQ and kill the leader with all the guards shooting at you..
I did it before the patch with my /63 tank, and it was no problem because the 80/80 guards sucked hard, but now...Well..I dunno about you guys but most of the guards waste me in about two seconds if I stand still..And as I am not able to "dodge" a NPC gun..