PDA

View Full Version : Monk Dex

Ryuben
14-12-03, 06:01
ok if any one plays a monk the only way to get XP is to poke, any thing else is just a chore...i mean CHORE.

So since KK are eventually fixing things just thought i would bring this up so they notice and hopefully sort it out.

Any one whos played a monk will say the same.

5 stars plz lets get KK to notice and improve the DEX XP Gain

i wouldn't mind if i had to team with spy's and/or PE's to gain it so some sort of fix would be nice.

Psycho Killa
14-12-03, 06:06
Its bullshit that you should be forced to do missions to get any of your skills up. (This applies to other classes also) You should get psi xp for tanks and spies for using the psi mods.

Please dont tell us to go use a pistol or a weapon to get ur dex up because even that would take a life time.

Liquid_Ice
14-12-03, 10:56
Right now the best way is poking... This should be addressed.. My apu doesn't have any poke and cloning did work good for awhile then it stopped working nearly intirely...

Drake6k
14-12-03, 11:03
my apu has 40 agility (like 9 dex) at rank 56/55.... I got all that from aggie missions. I'm loming my vehicle away that I had before but each pill just makes me lose a level without any points....

I'm NOT going to fuckin lom all day to poke and then poke myself for another then lom back for some freakin agility. I'd rather be slow... or not play.

g0rt
14-12-03, 11:14
ya the best way sux but u know what u can alt tab and do whatever, it takes a good 4 or 5 hours of continuous poking and ya its boring as shit but its SO GOOD to be 35 dex and have over 100 agility it helps monks so much

RayBob
14-12-03, 11:44
Is it a perfect system ? No. But it is #45,872 on the list of improvements.

I made an APU a few months back and knew I had to cap dex so put points in CST from the beginning. Capped DEX in two nights of clicking while reading.

How about fixing the trade window bug that dumps items back in your inventory? That's much higher on my list. :rolleyes:

Psychoninja
14-12-03, 12:32
I sat around self poking a moveon to get NEAR dex cap, then I just got bored, lomed back and settles for 33 dex.

I really wish theer were alternatives to it, I might do research missions to finish it to spare myself from loosing anymore intel.

Lanigav
14-12-03, 12:35
Yeah, the way you earn DEX as a monk is really retarded. Strength is just as bad for droners as well, and getting your PSI up past level 10 doing only missions as a spy is a chore too.

WebShock
14-12-03, 12:48
you all are complaining about dex? ROFL wait until you cap everything and you still have like 15 INT levels to go.

Now that is a real chore. Even with the INT xp bump a few patches ago, it's still a real pain in the ass. It's so painful that its not fun to XP.

t0tt3
14-12-03, 12:50
fun thing is that tanks gain INT when they kill... and that is their 2nd lowest attribute!

OK the dont get much but if I got som much dex everytime I killed a mob I would have capped DEX for 4 months ago.

Ascension
14-12-03, 12:53
Yup Monk's Dex & Int are a Joke when it comes to near capped!

Ive capped My Dex after that chore was done, as i say i play this game for fun and not doing some mindless shit:lol:

WebShock
14-12-03, 12:55
thats because tanks use the int skill weapon lore. everytime you wait for your circle to close you are actually gaining int xp. As you know, PSI's have zero use for lore since they dont use weapons.

I believe that the XP gained for the INT skill PSI USE should be bumped up more. It shouldnt take months of XP'ing to cap INT on a combat monkey.

Getting back on topic and so we dont hijack this thread, I capped my dex by getting poke skill 81 and taking about a day and a half poking in a moveon.

Other than that you are going to have to use some sort of weapon to get there. Just wait until you try to cap INT. You will know what frustration is then, lol.

t0tt3
14-12-03, 13:13
Well when I runcast.. I use my agility = DEX why shouldnt I get at least 0.1% of DEX gain on a mob.... :rolleyes:

msdong
14-12-03, 13:25
omg, as it was the only reason to make a char is to cap him.
btw it is only a APU "problem" because a PPU can do close combat or rifle or pistol to get and dont forget the constucting APU that do VHC10 and stuff.

remember there is nothing left if u are cap

Morris
14-12-03, 13:28
Monks actually do seem to gain some dex from teaming. I had about 1k in dex xp left to a level on my ppu and after about 2 hours in MC5 with a tank I got a dex ding. Aside from hitting the commander once or twice with a baseball bat for giggles, I did nothing that could have given me dex xp :confused:

Syntax-Error
14-12-03, 13:29
I have to agree here, not only is it annoying its bad towards Roleplay, i know two very good friends of mine roleplay two monks. there pure monks. and for RP reasons would never user rifle's/pistols and one (as far as i know) dosnt poke and wouldnt lom just to level. its damn bad RP.

t0tt3
14-12-03, 13:33
Originally posted by Morris
Monks actually do seem to gain some dex from teaming. I had about 1k in dex xp left to a level on my ppu and after about 2 hours in MC5 with a tank I got a dex ding. Aside from hitting the commander once or twice with a baseball bat for giggles, I did nothing that could have given me dex xp :confused:

Lucky twat I wanna have DEX dings to :D

NeoChick
14-12-03, 14:03
I laboriously did missions till I nearly went nuts and got a sore arm from clicking but capped dex on my APU

Now I am capped with everything except need 20 int xp points

Something is wrong here!

You are using psi power all the time as a psi so why does int go up THAT slow?

Also for dex, why should a psi start handling a pistol or something? what is the point, or do missions endlessly to get dex up, so boring, no fun in that, you basically simply work for xp and not enjoying a game

ezza
14-12-03, 14:20
im just glad i capped my monks dex back when we gained XP in all skills when teamed;)

something should be done about, doing 35 levels of missions would not be fun, lol it was bad enough doing 10 levels of missions on my tank for psi cap

t0tt3
14-12-03, 16:58
I know.. Do epic missions ffs :D
Hey you get about 15k of dex and *9 thats almost half of the Dex Exp ;)

zonk
14-12-03, 17:53
Stop whining bitches, just get RC skills like mah monk did and go kill a grim chaser in 2 hours tops!
Good fun, and u get a good amount of cash too! (65 NC o_O)
http://kees.student.utwente.nl/neocron/bullshit.jpg

Aint that hard to cap....

deac
14-12-03, 22:27
cst drones... i poked some cst cpus got 90 cst.. made like 150 drones....for my last lvls...

Ryuben
14-12-03, 23:33
wouldn't take much to change it so.....kk we know u care :P sort it plz

[edit] im amazed an entire post about monks not turning into a whine/bitch thread :eek:

icarium
15-12-03, 00:19

they can sort levelling psi on a spy while they are at it as well o_O

Dade Murphey
15-12-03, 00:42
I don't really know about dex on a monk...but if I remember right...teaming with some Psi users gave my spy SOME psi...but it was still painfully slow...least though I didn't have to do some of those mind numbing missions...they need to make it so you don't HAVE to do missions if you want to lvl your weakest attributes...

Ryuben
15-12-03, 04:09
yeah every class has had this

like i remember when tanks first got the +int from useing heavy weapons...one cave run tank friend capped int (i was on my hybrid back in like feb *g* )

so would be nice if we all got _some_ xp for teaming....in our weakest stat, after all this is a team game.

GambitFlame
15-12-03, 04:13
oh dear god please do something about this

my old PPU's dex hadnt moved from 14 in like 6 months :o :D :wtf:

NeoChick
15-12-03, 04:27

Problem with this remark is:

1. you don't know that until you are well into your char when it is basically too late to put points to RC skills, unless you are making a second PSI char
2. your RC skills will be so low that I cannot see how you killed grim chasers, would take you two hours to kill one if you are lucky
3. And what is the point, you will never use those rifle skills ever again but desperately need agility, so you are stuck with lomming forever

Glok
15-12-03, 04:34
Recycle.

Need I say?

OK.

Psi boosters from junk.

greendonkeyuk
15-12-03, 04:34
jus give all an int/psi gain etc for all stats regradless of stats.

Ryuben
15-12-03, 12:51
Originally posted by Glok
Recycle.

Need I say?

OK.

Psi boosters from junk.

works till about...20 dex then the xp curve hits and ur strugeling to get any XP

Glok
15-12-03, 17:19
True, but it's a good skill to have for a monk to have anyways. :)

Jesterthegreat
15-12-03, 17:22
Spy Psi leveling... need i say more?

kk fix these 2 plz...

ReefSmoker
15-12-03, 18:13
RayBob's already said it, just stick with CST and you can have DEX capped in about 8 hours' of game time. Sure it's tedious dragging the blueprints to the constructor window, but at the end of the day it beats doing missions, hoping to get some DEX exp from teaming, or implanting the same imp for hours at a time.

Even better, if you've got a factory you won't need to invest as many skillpoints, or none at all if you are savvy with the best skill / TL / experience ratio ;)

Take care,

ReefSmoker

EDIT : Oh and for all the spies asking that we get easy PSI lvling, I appreciate that sarcasm is there for some of you who posted, but again, capping PSI on a spy is nothing more than a few hours' of running missions. Tedious, yep, capped PSI at the end of it... Alrighty !

JustIn_Case
15-12-03, 18:58
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
Spy Psi leveling... need i say more?

kk fix these 2 plz...

Its a huge difference from reaching PSI 20 and DEX 35, but yes, both need fixes.

I capped my PSI on my Spy in about 2 hours, i did the following:

1. Did a few missions, put all my PSI xp in APU, yes APU.
2. Got a Crahn Energyball and a Crahn Holy Energyball built.
3. Promised an PPU free sex if he would help me in Oz Storage.

The PPU hit me with PSI-Combat 3 and DMG boosted the mobs, i pop alot of +PSI drugs.

When fully capped you can LoM you APU without loosing any levels if you keep it low enough (PSI-3 helps alot).

Jesterthegreat
16-12-03, 02:01
Originally posted by ReefSmoker
EDIT : Oh and for all the spies asking that we get easy PSI lvling, I appreciate that sarcasm is there for some of you who posted, but again, capping PSI on a spy is nothing more than a few hours' of running missions. Tedious, yep, capped PSI at the end of it... Alrighty !

as apposed to the few hours tedious poking for a monks dex? yeah... damn moaning spies - GIVE THE MONKS A BREAK!

spies expect it all and never think of poor little monkies O_o

Jest
16-12-03, 02:13
Hey how much does doing the repair skill raise dex? My PPU is only 20 dex and Im thinking about getting repair with him.