PDA

View Full Version : first time iv been truly un-impressed by NC

boneybob
14-12-03, 03:04
Erm, yes, this s the first time iv been un-impressed with something done for NC by the DEV.

Why? Why oh why, did u re-make the con center?
what was the point?
is it going to feature massivly in the story line in future?
was their some huge voating poast on the forums that i might have missed, demanding the con-centre be remade?
How long did it take to do it?

i just cant help but think , the time spent on this , could have been more wisely spent (like on DOY of example).

Its a nice place, and i see some texture which are new and your trying out, so thats fair enough i guess, but face it, the only time its ever going to get used is this evening or if their is a calling from a GM to go their.

BB

ezza
14-12-03, 03:05
i think the faction guys there are gonna have a use so they will at least be some reason to go there

Dribble Joy
14-12-03, 03:07
Patch 193:

- Added faction medals and items. Visit your faction office or ask your faction counsellor for further details.

And what's wrong with RP?
That concentre was a watste of space.
These changes were probably being worked on for ages.
Not all the KK staff are coders and bug sorters, they do have storyline and other dev team people.

boneybob
14-12-03, 03:08
i was the faction councelor assistant for Tangent on Saturn untill quite recently, and Vlad (the Faction councelor) is a very busy guy, i realy dont think he would have time to use this rather elaborait means of comunication.

Dribble Joy: "These changes were probably being worked on for ages"

and thats exactly my point! -why?!?
do you know what the medals do? I do! and i can tell you that theirs no need for a timely change like this, the medals would probably just be given to the person in question any way, dont tell me you honestly belive they would have some kind of presentation/cerimony to hand thease things out, coz it prolly wont happen.
The people who run NC regardless of what they acctualy do , wehat job thay have (GM, forum mod,Dev, sales,Stroyline) they are always pressed for time, in some cases more than others, the GMs for example, they have to manage all the servers all the time!

BB

Zanathos
14-12-03, 03:52
Does it really matter?

If they want to remake the Con Center, let them remake the con center :p

WebShock
14-12-03, 09:37
im convinced that some people in this community will never be satisfied with anything KK does.

robinitnow
14-12-03, 09:51
There are people on the forum that always look polls and then vote the other way just for the hell of it.

They will have remade this area for story line and the RPG dudes (gives them a place to have a tactical meeting and the like)

ow ye and it needed it bad.

Vid Gamer
14-12-03, 10:40
Originally posted by WebShock
im convinced that some people in this community will never be satisfied with anything KK does.

Agreed 110%.

STFU and play the game. They remade it because the old CC was a waist of space. The new one is much nicer and actually makes some sense how it's placed. Faction Medals can be achieved and you can now get Epics missions in there as well. And like you said, KK are testing out new textures and such to see what they would be like. To be blunt, they made it over because they wanted to and as usual it was for the benefit of the community.

But of course you have people like you who complain. I swear to God if I was KK I would have said "Fuck you guys" like 5 months ago. Do you honestly think while KK was working on the CC that everything else was STOPPED? No, of course not. DoY has already be completed mostly.

Just be happy for once and be lucky KK is still doing shit like this. :mad:

VirtualReGen
14-12-03, 10:56
yea really man, i mean shit, the con center wasnt used for anything special anyways, just a few clan meetings maybe or whatever....whats the biggy lol

Drexel
14-12-03, 12:56
Bob, DoY IS finished, they just cant release it yet (4 - 6 weeks).

Please dont bitch about improvents the rest of us are happy to see, please dont fuck it up for everyone else coz mummy took away your DoYdummy.

@ KK thanks for the new Faction offices, we (clan & faction) have already used the facilities 5 seperate times and look foward to more & more improvenments in the futture.

Ascension
14-12-03, 13:00
Hmm, all these minor improvement are making the game alot better place.. its making the game have a certain element of "new-ness":lol:

Archeus
14-12-03, 13:11
I guess the con center is for those people who want to change faction but are hostile to that faction, as it would be marginally easier to get into the concenter then it would be a faction HQ.

Sefran
14-12-03, 13:12
I would rather see new mobs or area's then con center, but im impressed of the place nice work tho KK :)

Omnituens
14-12-03, 13:40
bob, bob, bob.... this patch was one of the best done (bar the para problem being added)

seems like only you dont like it.

patroling copbot are the win.

Mighty Max
14-12-03, 13:42
Neocron won a big part of athmosphere.

Callash
15-12-03, 03:49
I will answer your questions one by one.

Originally posted by boneybob
Why? Why oh why, did u re-make the con center?
Because we felt like it would be a great addition to our game.

what was the point?
The Faction Counsellor Project is doing well, but is still lacking on some ends. One is the accessibility of the FCs. Some people never knew how to contact their FC, and the entire thing seemed a little... well... unreal. So we introduced the Faction Offices, made in Appartments. But that brought more problems than it solved actually, so we decided to remodel the Concenter Zone instead. Now people have a fixed place where to go when they are looking for their (pro-NC) FC, which should help the entire project in a great way.

is it going to feature massivly in the story line in future?
Could be. I use almost all "official" places of Neocron in my Storyline. Even good ol' Jobcenter already got its place :D

was their some huge voating poast on the forums that i might have missed, demanding the con-centre be remade?
No. And if so, I do not think we would have cared :p

How long did it take to do it?
Not too long, a few weeks of "Ah well, guess I will continue with the new Concenter".

i just cant help but think , the time spent on this , could have been more wisely spent (like on DOY of example).
BDoY is done, we are merely waiting for the finished publisher deal (as stated in more threads than I care to quote).

Its a nice place, and i see some texture which are new and your trying out, so thats fair enough i guess, but face it, the only time its ever going to get used is this evening or if their is a calling from a GM to go their.
See above, the FC project will heavily use it.

I hope you are satisfied now :)

KimmyG
15-12-03, 03:58
Callash 2 cents of advice [edited for violation of the forum rules]this was one of the best patchs to date and yyou guys are doing the best job you have ever done. 1/2 these people post all day and not really play, or have quit and are crying.

Keep up the good work.

Det0x
15-12-03, 03:59
Could be. I use almost all "official" places of Neocron in my Storyline. Even good ol' Jobcenter already got its place

what are your plans with the jobcenter? when will it be working?

Callash
15-12-03, 04:07
Originally posted by Det0x
what are your plans with the jobcenter? when will it be working?
I will elaborate when it is 100% clear that the feature I have in mind is coming. I do not want to disappoint you. ;)

Lucas Anderson
15-12-03, 04:16
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
Agreed 110%.

STFU and play the game. They remade it because the old CC was a waist of space. The new one is much nicer and actually makes some sense how it's placed. Faction Medals can be achieved and you can now get Epics missions in there as well. And like you said, KK are testing out new textures and such to see what they would be like. To be blunt, they made it over because they wanted to and as usual it was for the benefit of the community.

But of course you have people like you who complain. I swear to God if I was KK I would have said "Fuck you guys" like 5 months ago. Do you honestly think while KK was working on the CC that everything else was STOPPED? No, of course not. DoY has already be completed mostly.

Be rational here, the ConCenter did not take that much time to remake, and look what it has become - A great place for meetings, award ceremonies, or a place to hang out. Before, I never saw anyone in there, now, people use it. I use it. Thats my office in there. I use my office. I need an office, my runners need to know where they can find me. It is also a pro-city area, a place for most friendly factions to meet and make any such plans to possibly work together - Basically at what I am getting at - is the fact that the [B]Possibilities are ENDLESS[b]

Have a productive day, Runners!

MayhemMike
15-12-03, 05:09
I think it looks fun O_O

greendonkeyuk
15-12-03, 05:32
me too mike. top idea from the devs, but when is our bd oz 8 gonna be done!!! :mad: j/k

MrBane
15-12-03, 08:12
One of the reasons, was that Reakktor were currently going through some general changes to areas that spend their time empty and unused.

The idea for this was to create an area for Player to Game interaction.

IE: Faction Counsellors and NeMa.

Just like the NeMa Office and shops, they're there to increase interaction. Eventually I'll have a Staff of people sitting in that NeMa Office in the CONCenter, giving peeps a purpose to go their for interviews and suchlike, and I'm sure other Counsellors will use their Offices for more RP Orientated moments.

Really, just accept that it's done for a reason, which may be beyond your grasp.

boneybob
15-12-03, 13:07
Thank you for replying to my questions Callash, it was kind of you to reply in such a mature manner.

I would however like to say that i was slightly dissapointed with the people who spontaiusly poasted replyes to this poast, cursing me.
Its a shame that you DIDENT READ WHAT I SAID!

next time why dont you read what is writen more carefully eh?

to review this poast is called "first time iv been truly un-impressed by NC ", and it was the first time, you forum guys (not addressing forum mods) can search thease forums to your hearts content But you wont find a single poast in which iv ever flamed KK as i did in this poast!

And as i said, I was the Saturns TT faction councelor assistant until quite recently and even i dident get to speak to (Vlad) the TT fac-c that offten, because hes very busy.

BB

Dribble Joy
15-12-03, 13:40
I was told very vaguely at DRE-Day, that the CM 'office' in the concentre (we seem to be stuffed into a hole next to The Neochronical) is only a temporary setup.
Will we be having an Office in MB at some point?
Converting one of the many rooms in MB-2 would be easy.

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84708&perpage=15&pagenumber=4
my concens Re. the placement of the office in MB.

Though it is good to hear that the mercs are actually being hired these days.

Archeus
15-12-03, 14:20
The con center has the invis bug in it. I was in there and another person was saying they couldn't see me until I went up stairs and they saw me through the glass.

Cliffraiser
15-12-03, 14:49
Also if you want to switch faction to an enemy faction, its nearly impossible to go to the hq and do it there, cuz ull most likely be killed. Now we have the concenter to switch faction without too much of a hassle

JustIn_Case
15-12-03, 15:00
Originally posted by Cliffraiser
Also if you want to switch faction to an enemy faction, its nearly impossible to go to the hq and do it there, cuz ull most likely be killed. Now we have the concenter to switch faction without too much of a hassle

He he, nice, didnt know that. I just switched from BT to TT with my spy, and that was a bit tricky, but i managed when i got some PPU support.

MjukisDjur
15-12-03, 18:34
Bob here, have a cookie