PDA

View Full Version : nerf para

Lafiel
14-12-03, 01:23
nerf para... nerf all of em... or better yet... just replace para with a stick of super glu .... both are the same imo

Xizor
14-12-03, 01:35
Yes, it is still waaaaaaaay too good imo.

Reduces mouse speed? So now I can't hit ANYTHING when it's running around me :( As if it wasen't hard enough to hit those damned dancing PE's who stealth away and..eh...You get the point.

ghandisfury
14-12-03, 01:40
Holy para is fine, nerf all of the others................kthxby.

Dribble Joy
14-12-03, 01:44
Para now has an rof of what? 3 rpm?

Use concentrated anti shock fluid.

Though IMO all shock weapons need to be removed.

Spectra260
14-12-03, 01:49
its the fact that now all of them have like the same effect of the old holy para...if not even more of an effect...its fucking lame.

they needed to be removed but instead they were upped? YEA OK!!!

Dribble Joy
14-12-03, 01:50
Has the rof of all paras beeen redused or just HP?

Spectra260
14-12-03, 01:59
all i think, im not sure...

but its way fucking to strong right now... and always has...and should just be removed from the game

ezza
14-12-03, 02:32
dont recon it will ever be removed cos we been asking for that to happen on the forums for very long time:(

WebShock
14-12-03, 11:29
quit your moping and use the drugs.

drugs come into effect faster now.

RayBob
14-12-03, 11:37
The drugs work almost instantly and a PPU can only cast it twice without a PSI booster. It is finally balanced . KK...please ignore the fools. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archeus
14-12-03, 13:10
exactly.. actually PPUS depending on how good the spell is can cast 3-4 times before thier mana pool is totally drained and the use of drugs will remove those stacks instantly.

Para is pretty nerfed

WebShock
14-12-03, 14:00
guys you all rallied for the nerf for so long, if you wanted paralysis obliterated why not be upfront about it from the beginning?

drugs work really damn well. On the box it says... gameplay may change.
what that means to me is that during certain platches you may have to re learn to play the game.

All this whining is beginning to look like you all just want the game shifted to your favor.

take the drugs, its not like you dont have the money. If you play this game for more than 1 month you can afford it, if you are broke and arent effective, maybe you arent ready for pvp.

It's like i said on another post, now that you all got the para and rez nerf, the next bandwagon going out will be for ther removal of casts on other players

w h a t t h e f u c k

let me ask one thing, will you all be satisfied if the PPU is erradicated entirely? whats next? nerf heal shelter and deflector? give the moaning and pissing a break please? im so fuckin tired of seeing all these nerf threads.
Para is balanced now. If the low TL paralysis are as strong as the rare one then they need to be tweaked. Stop asking for another sledgehammer. If you are a PE why dont you take advantage of the bug and get a LOW TL para spell so you can stick your opponent to the ground? i bet you they will be as slow as you are

Rade
14-12-03, 14:04
I have built a batch of TL30 para lances and handed them out to
PEs on pluto. It is completely balanced that PEs gets a holy
paralysis. No imbalance here at all. Brb in a few hours, Ive got to
log on nc and kill everything I see with impunity for a while.

Dribble Joy
14-12-03, 14:08
Oh ffs.

A huge potion of the community has been campaigning since like.... forever to have para removed.

We don't want ppus eradicated, what a completely narrow minded statement.
We are TRYING to gain some sort of balance between the 4 classes, and teams as a whole.
The current system destroys any hope of that, and unfortunately it comes down to ppus and the affects they have on the performance of the combat classes. Untill it is sorted, either by the removal of foreign casts, or some other means, we will not rest.

WebShock
14-12-03, 14:10
i agree that the low TL shocks need to be tweaked. Most of the people here want to completely remove para.
get over it. its not going to happen. just carry drugs. imo its kk's way of making you use more drugs. it may be annoying for a bit but at least its a time sink. what would be fucked up is if the anti stick drug price was jacked up due to the demand.
10 K for concentrated anti paralysis!

that sure as hell would help the very bad saturn economy.

narrow minded?
wtf are you stupid?
how viable is a fuckin ppu if he cant foreign cast? who is narrow minded with that dumb idea?

ezza
14-12-03, 14:11
Originally posted by WebShock
guys you all rallied for the nerf for so long, if you wanted paralysis obliterated why not be upfront about it from the beginning?

drugs work really damn well. On the box it says... gameplay may change.
what that means to me is that during certain platches you may have to re learn to play the game.

All this whining is beginning to look like you all just want the game shifted to your favor.

take the drugs, its not like you dont have the money. If you play this game for more than 1 month you can afford it, if you are broke and arent effective, maybe you arent ready for pvp.

It's like i said on another post, now that you all got the para and rez nerf, the next bandwagon going out will be for ther removal of casts on other players

w h a t t h e f u c k

let me ask one thing, will you all be satisfied if the PPU is erradicated entirely? whats next? nerf heal shelter and deflector? give the moaning and pissing a break please? im so fuckin tired of seeing all these nerf threads.
Para is balanced now. If the low TL paralysis are as strong as the rare one then they need to be tweaked. Stop asking for another sledgehammer. If you are a PE why dont you take advantage of the bug and get a LOW TL para spell so you can stick your opponent to the ground? i bet you they will be as slow as you are

what the fuck are you on, the removal of parashock(and other shocks)has been asked for by the community for about a year, go back and read old posts and you will see that we wanted it removed back then we still want it removed now.

para still = no skill

Rade
14-12-03, 14:14
i agree that the low TL shocks need to be tweaked. Most of the people here want to completely remove para.
get over it. its not going to happen. just carry drugs. imo its kk's way of making you use more drugs. it may be annoying for a bit but at least its a time sink. what would be fucked up is if the anti stick drug price was jacked up due to the demand.
10 K for concentrated anti paralysis!

that sure as hell would help the very bad saturn economy.

All para spells needs to have the amount of shock they give
seriously nerfed, now with holy para it completely glues you to
the ground, where it should really be somewhere around the
_old_ pocketblizzard effect, you can still fight and move but you
will be seriously gimped. It will be a major drawback but its not a
kill button the way it is now. And yes, the drugs are nice, but you
can only eat the drugs so many times before you get drugflash
and then you are fucked anyway, also you will have to go to your
inventory to eat them after the first shock which a PE, Tank or
Spy cant afford, a few HLs and they drop, they cant go into
inventory and use things from inventory with low risk.

Dribble Joy
14-12-03, 14:15
narrow minded?
wtf are you stupid?
how viable is a fuckin ppu if he cant foreign cast? who is narrow minded with that dumb idea?

combat classes at 1 vs 1 = balanced

combat classes with ppu = apu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>tank>>>>>>spy>>>>>>>>>>>>>PE

This idea was for shields only(s/d), not buffs.
Not narrow minded, a different solution to a problem not solveable by other means.

WebShock
14-12-03, 14:15
dude i was here a year ago dont talk to me like im a noob

get over it. its not going to happen.

if the low level para sticking you so hard wasnt meant to happen they will patch it with a tweak

now we got ppl posting for removal of foreign casts, what the hell is that all about? what purpose will a ppu have if he cant cast on the aggressive player who is really defending him.

if you cant cast S/D but only buffs i will fucking delete my ppu.
think about it!

there are 3 spells that a ppu uses all the time
shelter
deflector
heal
resist buff
ressurection
paralysis
damage boost

you take away s/d, you truly unbalance the ppu. thats the whole purpose of a ppu. to buff you.

ezza
14-12-03, 14:16
dude i was here a year ago dont talk to me like im a noob

get over it. its not going to happen.

if the low level para sticking you so hard wasnt meant to happen they will patch it with a tweak

now we got ppl posting for removal of foreign casts, what the hell is that all about? what purpose will a ppu have if he cant cast on the aggressive player who is really defending him.

who gives a fuck about foreign casts this is about parashock

Rade
14-12-03, 14:17
webshock has always been a biased moron with a holier than
you streak when it comes to the ppu issue. Sorry webbie, the
complaints will continue as long as PPUs bring imbalance to the
game, and KK will continue to respond and tweak the game
accordingly to the communitys wishes, and you you sorry little
fuck will just keep getting nerfed. Boohoo.

Dribble Joy
14-12-03, 14:18
Edited: Exactly, the foreign cast issue is another matter for another thread. Parashock needs to go.

WebShock
14-12-03, 14:19
i still dont see your point ezza.

if a tl 30 para sticks you like a rare paralysis then yes it needs to fixed.

the point that im making is, until its fixed, use drugs.

i agree that this shouldnt be this way. still, what i am sayin to you ezza, paralysis will not be removed. if it was, it wouldve been done already.

Rade
14-12-03, 14:21
I think you missed the post where callash said more or less "lets
see if we can get the para issue solved without completely
removing it" it didnt exactly sound like removing it was
unthinkable according to him.

WebShock
Originally posted by Rade
webshock has always been a biased moron with a holier than
you streak when it comes to the ppu issue. Sorry webbie, the
complaints will continue as long as PPUs bring imbalance to the
game, and KK will continue to respond and tweak the game
accordingly to the communitys wishes, and you you sorry little
fuck will just keep getting nerfed. Boohoo.

stfu ok. im not biased.

my main happens to be a apu not a ppu. i totally want balance. what i am so passionate about is the removal of foreign casts. gimme a fuckin break.

read my posts thoroughly before you pass judement. clown

btw, by your quote, it totally sounds to me like callash wants to keep it. so really its all in how you percieve the message he put out.

ezza

i agree that this shouldnt be this way. still, what i am sayin to you ezza, paralysis will not be removed. if it was, it wouldve been done already.

ugh read my first post i said that it wouldnt be removed, but if the players dont demand it then its never gonna happen.

Dribble Joy
14-12-03, 14:25
stfu ok. im not biased.

my main happens to be a apu not a ppu. i totally want balance. what i am so passionate about is the removal of foreign casts. gimme a fuckin break.

Posts bordering on flaming will not increase your standing with us, the comminity as a whole, the mods or the devs.

Foreign casting refers to s/d only, not heal, which as it stands, when included with the shileds overbalances even more.

Rade
14-12-03, 14:28
stfu ok. im not biased.

btw, by your quote, it totally sounds to me like callash wants to keep it. so really its all in how you percieve the message he put out.

lol ok, youre not biased, yet you are all over the forums telling
people to stfu whenever the ppu issue comes up and you dont
even give any valid reasons why ppus are fine or bring any other
solution to keep the discussion on track.

Now, as I said, according to what callash said it sounds like KK
would prefer to have para in the game, but are no stranger to
removing it if it turns out that it cant be balanced. I dont really
want para removed either, I like having as many options open to
as many classes as possible because it adds diversity to PvP, I
would rather have the amount of shock Para spells give to
someone lowered slowly each patch until we find a middle ground
where the spell is still usable but doesnt completely fuck
someone up. IE you should sometimes chose to continue fighting
with para on instead of digging for antishock drugs in your
inventory depending on the situation. Thats why I think para
should have substantially lowered freezing effect. IMO para isnt
the biggest problem with PPUs, the heals are, but thats a
completely different issue.

WebShock
14-12-03, 14:33
LoL dribble

dont try to outcast me. im part of the community whether you like it or not. I represent the exact opposite of what you believe in. So, it's my freedom to express it.

I have posted what I believe will balance the game. I do tell people to stfu when they go overboard with what they feel would balance their game in their favor.

Does it bother your that there are some people out there who wont jump on your bandwagon. Does it bother you so much that there are people out there who like things you dont? Don't be surprised, there are people out there. They just remain quiet since they dont like the conflict. You and your buddies always jump and try to beat down everyone who doesnt agree with you.

they will balance para, from what it seems, there are only a select 2-3 people who power post the removal of s/d on a foreign player. the whole idea of this nerf is just unfathomable to me.

RayBob
14-12-03, 14:42
...also you will have to go to your inventory to eat them after the first shock which a PE, Tank or Spy cant afford, a few HLs and they drop, they cant go into inventory and use things from inventory with low risk.
They need to make the drugs stack 3-4 deep just like boosters. They also need to change the interface: double-clicking on a drug/booster/med-kit in your inventory should consume it, right clicking it should "show info." Having to right click and then select one of only 2 choices from a drop-down list is ridiculous and inefficient. This is made even worse during the tension and increased lag of a fight.

Rade
14-12-03, 14:42
Im sorry but you are on the monk train and we are supposed to
be the ones that jump on the bandwagon?

The only thing you represent is misplaced flames webshock,
anything else is delusions from your side.

Dribble Joy
14-12-03, 14:47
Leave this thread and take your subborn mindedness with you, before I stop being civil.

I desperatly try to explain my view, while you blast back at us with out reason.

Think more and try to be open minded.
I'm not coming back to this thread because I have better things to do than beat my head against a brick wall.

WebShock
14-12-03, 14:48
how do you figure?

i agreed with you when you said that para needs to be tweaked. i suggested people use drugs when and IF they fix the current para situation.

you calling me a gravy train rider because i dont want foreign casts removed? do you realize that it wont stop there?
after that it will be a heal nerf hell a fire buff nerf, etc.. you dont see a trend here?

Archeus
14-12-03, 15:01
Originally posted by ezza
para still = no skill

Being stuck by para as everyone shoots you = no skill.

You do know that each drug level has different effects of countering para. If used by a person with *skill* means para has no effect. Being used by a person with half a brain means para isn't worth casting for a PPU. The mana drain is too great.

you calling me a gravy train rider because i dont want foreign casts removed? do you realize that it wont stop there?
after that it will be a heal nerf hell a fire buff nerf, etc.. you dont see a trend here?

Everyone sees the trend the majority of the people whining could care less they want the PPU removed from the game.

Rade
14-12-03, 15:05
Drugflash is suddenly no effect? Taking up QB space is no effect?
Halting completely and digging for drugs in inventory (and usually
recieving fatal damage because non-ppus cant just stop in the
middle of a battle even for a second) is no effect? Cast the shock
a couple of times at someone now and you will see that it is just
as bad as the old shock.

Exactly why do you think that the shock should be the way it is
now instead of shocking like the old holy para? Except for the fact
that you are a PPU and like everything that makes you
overpowered?

Archeus
14-12-03, 15:10
Drugflash is suddenly no effect? Taking up QB space is no effect?
Halting completely and digging for drugs in inventory

Do what every bloody PPU has to do, sort your inventory. I don't have space for boosters or drugs either, and don't give me "Ooh I can't stop in battle", every other class has way more defenses then a PPU when both are unbuffed. TAB, right click, USE, TAB. Get some practise and you can do this in under a second. Otherwise try think how to sort your QB better.

Cast the shock
a couple of times at someone now and you will see that it is just
as bad as the old shock.

Para cannot be spammed by a single PPU. They can get 3-4 shots off on a para and drug combinations will take off 1 to 3 stacks.

Like I said get some skills.

Except for the fact that you are a PPU and like everything that makes you overpowered?

That has nothing to do with it. In fact I don't even use para except to do missions (and now not even for that).

WebShock
14-12-03, 15:12
rade i really dont see why you are so adamant and hostile over this issue, ill say it again, it seems to me that the low level para spells may be bugged due to a code value change.
I AGREE that the non rare para needs to be toned down if they stick as hard as the rare one. HOOOWEVER

QB balancing is something everyone has to deal with. example, a PPU has a shitload of spells to deal with. During multi class involved fights, the ppu is under constant demand

s/d psi melee heat spy 3 plz... go go go go

then the other guy,

s/d pistol spy 3 haz now... dammit quit ignorin me!

then...

s/d hc 3 spy basic 3 wtf u noob ur taking so long... hurry up so i can fight!

that on top of... over teamspeak... hey u noob ppu dont u see me dead layin over here... rez me so we dont loose

its tough being a ppu. not to mention that the ppu needs to carry a bunch of drugs as well as spells. it's just another one of the game's challenges.
you dont like to use anti paralyze drugs because of the flash? i have had the flash go away when i pop another pill. have you tried that? i wish kk would add more qb slots. that would really be nice.

Rade
14-12-03, 15:13
As if I dont have my inv sorted and know how to take drugs from
my inv? That doesnt change the fact that once you stop you will
have a CS burst and three HLs in your head, for a PPU with heal
on that might not be a big deal but to everyone else that may be
the end of it.

There is no problem for a ppu to hit someone with say 3 shocks,
even if the person has 3 antishock drugs in his inventory
(:rolleyes:) then that person will have drugflash and be dead or
useless anyway.

Rade
14-12-03, 15:18
Drugflash goes away when you pop another pill on normal drugs,
not on antishocks. Antidotes and antiboost drugs are even
worse, luckily antishocks doesnt give that much flash after just
one use tho.

Now, manage QB, right. I have 22 items that I want in my QB,
thats counting one (1) antishock spell. Now you suggest that I
should have what, 3-4 antishocks in my QB? So the only thing I
should be able to do is be immune to shock and get drugflash
and die, is that suddenly my purpose?

Just give me one reason why the old amount of shock from para
spells was wrong, and it have to be improved.

And archeus you already showed what sort of attitude you have
towards balance issues with your "hey, now that you PEs have a
new toy why dont you go exploit it until it gets fixed" comment.
Sorry but to some of us balance and fun is more important than
being overpowered.

WebShock
14-12-03, 15:20
are you talking pvp or op fight?

pvp i can see how diggin in ur inv to get a drug may hinder the fight

taking on a apu and a tank as a PE in pp is suicide. you will die regardless. so with this current nerf you cant just go in on a suicide run and expect to live. if this were real life and you were an actual PE you would never rush a APU and A PE without a ppu. if you did before, well shit then maybe PE's are unblanced?

OP fight, you should really rally around a team. thats how you can be successful. go where the support guy is. usually there is a apu there or a tank protecting that ppu. there im sure you will get ample opportunity to dig for your drugs.

Archeus
14-12-03, 15:20
As if I dont have my inv sorted and know how to take drugs from
my inv?

Then quit whining about it.

That doesnt change the fact that once you stop you will
have a CS burst and three HLs in your head, for a PPU with heal
on that might not be a big deal but to everyone else that may be
the end of it.

CS and three HLs and you want to be able to win in that situation? Is that what you are crying about?

A PPU can't win in that situation, they may live longer then you but they couldn't kill anyone. Likewise I am sure you could run away safely from that (after popping drugs).

There is no problem for a ppu to hit someone with say 3 shocks, even if the person has 3 antishock drugs in his inventory

If you were hit with three shocks then pop one drug. Why would you pop 3 drugs? o_O

The changes have been on test server for a while, people have experimented with it. Try to adapt and quit crying about it for a change.

... oh...

And archeus you already showed what sort of attitude you have
towards balance issues with your "hey, now that you PEs have a
new toy why dont you go exploit it until it gets fixed" comment.

I have never said that. I think you are confusing me with someone else. What I said was "Haha Rade keep looking for a poke, you wanted a challange now you got it. :p".

Slightly different (although gloating somewhat).

WebShock
14-12-03, 15:23
Originally posted by Archeus

The changes have been on test server for a while, people have experimented with it. Try to adapt and quit crying about it for a change.
\
AMEN

too bad dribble joy wont see this :lol:

Rade
14-12-03, 15:23
Im talking about any PvP scenario, that should be pretty obvious.
You cant chose where you will be parashocked, and usually
people target someone and stick to them. If I have a Tank or a
APU on my tail I cant stop to dig in my inventory, but with the
new power of the shock there is no other option.

Ok now you have been avoiding this question four times, and
archeus has avoided it in other threads as well: WHY WAS THE
OLD AMOUNT OF SHOCK NOT ENOUGH, WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE
INCREASED?

Rade
14-12-03, 15:29

The point is that it doesnt matter how well you sort your inv, you
are still going to take to long to eat the drug. I didnt know we
where in kindergarden but apparently I have to explain
everything to a rediculous length to get you to understand the
points.

CS and three HLs and you want to be able to win in that situation? Is that what you are crying about?

Here we go yet again, stop acting stupid and take the discussion
to a mature level please? You know damn well what I meant.
Once you STOP you will be getting punishment that is fatal. Its
incredibly easy for a Tank or a APU to down a PE that is standing
still. If theres anyone who dont believe that Im sure one of the
experienced PvP Tanks or APUs can come in here and explain you
just how easy and fast they go down if they stop moving.

If you were hit with three shocks then pop one drug. Why would you pop 3 drugs? o_O

One drug takes away one shock, whats so hard to understand about that?

shock
drug
shock
drug
shock
drug....drugflash...dead.

HL kills me in 10 hits, holy para in 3. Funny how thats supposed
to be balanced.

WebShock
14-12-03, 15:30
WHY WAS THE
INCREASED?

I havent seen that question 4 times, but ill answer it with an assumption

I dont think it was meant to be made stronger. As much whining as their is on this forum about para strength, its possible that when they bumped the mana consumption value, somewhere in the formula, it may have unintentionally buffed the stick factor.

This happened on the test server when they upped the cast time on holy rez. When they made the cast time longer, it unintentionally made ressurection mana cost way over the 416 cap. So no one was ressurecting on the ts for the duration of that patch.

If you notice, I dont think kk would intentionally bump the stick factor of a tl 30 spell to the equivilant of the stick factor of a ppu rare.

also, if you need time to drug up... why not stealth? i mean i know that you can still be seen while shocked but it does make the attacker look harder for you and it may give you that exrta second you need to pop the drug\

also, in my opinion, if you take on a apu/ppu team as a solo PE you SHOULD die... same goes for ppu/tank team.

im beginning to get the impression that the PE IS overpowered and now that its a factor where you cant solo pwn.. you are upset.
or am i misunderstanding you again

Archeus
14-12-03, 15:30
Im talking about any PvP scenario, that should be pretty obvious.

PvP, Op war, PK attack, Being jumped on by 3 guys with a CS + HL are all different combat situations.

Your smart so I am sure you change your loadout for each situation. I do. So there is no such thing as *any PvP scenario*

You cant chose where you will be parashocked,

That is quite true. You can take tactical guesses though and load out for that particular threat of what to expect.

If I have a Tank or a APU on my tail I cant stop to dig in my inventory, but with the new power of the shock there is no other option.

Or you could choose to remove something from the quickbelt and put a drug in instead. I carry all drugs (including boosters) and I have them in my inventory because I know I can pop one in time.

WHY WAS THE
INCREASED?

Probably because people were whining about wanting a challange. :rolleyes: Whats wrong too much of a challange for you?

... dont think it was meant to be made stronger. As much whining as their is on this forum about para strength, its possible that when they bumped the mana consumption value, somewhere in the formula, it may have unintentionally buffed the stick factor.

Or it could be that :) Hmmm, make life harder for the PPU but heaven forbid it would actually be a challange for non-monks. :rolleyes:

Rade
14-12-03, 15:33
Oh I carry antishock in my QB, but one is not enough when you
are getting shocked more than once.

Perhaps you dont understand the word challenge, that wouldnt
surprise me one bit, maybe you are not just playing stupid to
make cheap points but actually dont understand. Ok; A challenge
is a situation that you can overcome with skill and effort. For
example, guards killing you in one shot is not challenge, its
instadeath. Being shocked and drugflashed is not a challenge, its
instadeath. Need any more examples?

Rade
14-12-03, 15:35
If you are a PE why dont you take advantage of the bug and get a LOW TL para spell so you can stick your opponent to the ground? i bet you they will be as slow as you are

Sorry arch, it was webbie.

WebShock
14-12-03, 15:37
Being shocked and drugflashed is not a challenge, its

and trying to solo a apu/ppu or ppu/tank team isnt?

hmm. maybe i should roll a PE so i can take on teams too

:rolleyes:

Rade
14-12-03, 15:38
I must have missed the part where I said that PEs can take on
ppu/anything teams alone. And the part where I said that PEs
are supposed to be able to take on teams of any composition for
that matter.

WebShock
14-12-03, 15:40
call me an exploiter if you like, i know that if a opponent has an advantage that i can very well use to even the odds, i will use it as well.

you think that tagging me as an exploiter is going to stop that hybrid from using his tl 30 para against me?

hell yea im gonna stick his ass to the ground with my noob stick spell being a spy or a tank.

well rade you are the one whining about how PPU's stick you to the ground while you are trying to fight a tank or a apu.

so yea you didnt say it directly, you insinuated it

WebShock
14-12-03, 15:41
double post

Rade
14-12-03, 15:42
Nah thats not how I meant webshock. Just the attitude of getting
a uber toy which overpowers your class. I dont want this new
para lance, its too fucking good. But some people doesnt care
about balance they just want to be uber, you showed that pretty
clear when you said that.

Elric
14-12-03, 15:42
call me an exploiter if you like, i know that if a opponent has an advantage that i can very well use to even the odds, i will use it as well.

you think that tagging me as an exploiter is going to stop that hybrid from using his tl 30 para against me?

hell yea im gonna stick his ass to the ground with my noob stick spell being a spy or a tank.

I think the point is that using Parashocks isnt evening the odds, Its tipping the odds in favour of anyone to such an extent that it may as well be an instakill spell.

Rade
14-12-03, 15:43
well rade you are the one whining about how PPU's stick you to the ground while you are trying to fight a tank or a apu.

so yea you didnt say it directly, you insinuated it

Not at all. Lets say I have a Spy and a Tank with me, does that
change anything? No, not really.

WebShock
14-12-03, 15:44
i agree.

i'll say it again. if the low level spells fucked the balance. then nerf them.

for the time being, use drugs or get a spell to help u cope. please stop changing the face value of what i say, you remind me of a lawyer :lol:

Rade
14-12-03, 15:46
Its not just the low level paras that are fucked up, they all are.
Hybrids with mid level paras are shocking more than the old holy
paralyze, PPUs are completely sticking people to the ground.
Nothing was wrong with the old shock values, they did NOT need
change, and if they needed change it was in the other direction.

Archeus
14-12-03, 15:47
Ok; A challenge is a situation that you can overcome with skill and effort.

I agree. Of course I don't believe being able to take on three guys who have CS and HL and being able to win. Wasn't it that kind of 'OMG the monks are uber' that got the nerf before?

Also you poor hybrids/apus out there... you can feel the wind changing Mr Nerf bat is coming for you soon.

example, guards killing you in one shot is not challenge, its
instadeath.

No I wouldn't call that a challange. I would call that suicide... hence the secret is to avoid situations in which would be deemed as sucidal.

Example:
Problem: Can't kill Fallen Angels in Tech Haven anymore and loot them because guards are too strong.
Solution: Find Fallen Angels in other places and kill them.

The mass graves at Battle dome yesterday seemed to suggest that some people at least were getting the idea.

Being shocked and drugflashed is not a challenge, its

Actually I would call that a challange. The drugs counter the para, drug flash can be countered with more drugs (I have to do it all the time with destrol forte.

I think your real issue is you are unable to back away from a fight.

Rade
14-12-03, 15:56
I think your real issue is you are unable to back away from a fight.

Maybe, but should the only solution to meeting a PPU be to flee?
Is that fun?

Archeus
14-12-03, 15:58
Maybe, but should the only solution to meeting a PPU be to flee?
Is that fun?

A single, sole PPU? Flee? I don't remember the last time actually ran away from me. They may of stuck around and tried to kill me and whacked my Soul Cluster for a laugh but actually run away? Nope.

Are you saying that you find a single PPU an actual threat?

Rade
14-12-03, 16:01
A single, sole PPU? Flee? I don't remember the last time actually ran away from me. They may of stuck around and tried to kill me and whacked my Soul Cluster for a laugh but actually run away? Nope.

Are you saying that you find a single PPU an actual threat?

Now you are doing it again. You realise that deliberately
misunderstanding someone to make them explain themselves
further just makes you look like an idiot that cant follow a
conversation right?

PPU+tank vs me+tank, all players have equal skill.

Sefran
14-12-03, 17:58
Why nerf holy para if the others para's below holy para are equal powerfull ? o_O, and halo's have an insane range and stun ALOT so this nerf solves nothing as far i can see it...

Rade
14-12-03, 18:02
Originally posted by Sefran
Why nerf holy para if the others para's below holy para are equal powerfull ? o_O, and halo's have an insane range and stun ALOT so this nerf solves nothing as far i can see it...

They are not equal at all. All para spells were buffed, what people
mean is that the new mid level para spells shock as much as the
old holy para, whereas the new holy para completely glues
someone to the ground. All para spells needs to be brought back
at least to the old level of shock.

Sefran
14-12-03, 18:11
Not equal? , i cant move almost with even a halo so.....

Rade
14-12-03, 18:12
Originally posted by Sefran
Not equal? , i cant move almost with even a halo so.....

Try what happens when you get a para beam or holy para on you
then. All paras have been powered up alot in the last patch.
There is still a distinct different between the paras tho.

Sefran
14-12-03, 18:33
Yeah thats true , but now when they strengten the para this absolutly makes everything even equal unbalanced then it was before, use halo's and also a Private Eye can para quite well now...i mean WTF o_O , well if there going to go like this bring back then freeze guns aswelll then and make everything more fucked up bleh....

Birkoff
14-12-03, 18:37
Making drugs stackable in Qb would be a way towards sorting the problem :)

But many people have said that before and it never happened, I'm aPPU and I totally agree t stick u WAY to much.

And at Simon, your saying as a capped PPU you couldn't kill a single PE solo?

Sefran
14-12-03, 18:43
And all the ppl who say use drugs i mean, ur getting shot para on u....some sec u get full load on u then u take drugs a sec after ur para'ed again, drug is good yeah use it and run away to the zone to prevent a other para....but in middle of combat drug isnt worth that much...

Archeus
14-12-03, 19:35
PPU+tank vs me+tank, all players have equal skill.

You said run away from a PPU.

Lets say all players have equal skill

Player = 1

PPU + Tank = 2 vs you = 1

you should loose by default unless you have some skills.

You keep interchanging your argument. If it was an op war and it was just you and a tank+PPU then you should die or flee. The PPUs sole purpose is to augment thier teammates.

But in an op war you would have support, if they were anyway half good would cover you while you handle being para'ed.

Originally posted by Birkoff
And at Simon, your saying as a capped PPU you couldn't kill a single PE solo?

I am not capped (I can cast holy spells though), but no. On my own I would not be able to take out a PE unless that PE was a complete idiot, went for a pee or was well below my level. I could certainly protect myself from dying but the PE would have to be some piece of work to die to a single PPU.

Rade
14-12-03, 19:41
Ive never said that I should be alone, thats your own
construction of what Ive said. In OP wars with 10 vs 10 or
whatever, whenever a PPU decides he will fuck you, with the new
para there is nothing you can do, no other class can destroy
someone with that sort of impunity.

And no, I have not been interchanging my arguments, you have
been trying to do that for me by intentionally misinterpreting
everything Ive said, just as always.

Shadow Dancer
14-12-03, 20:02
My my my.......

Now you are doing it again. You realise that deliberately
misunderstanding someone to make them explain themselves
further just makes you look like an idiot that cant follow a
conversation right?

Look Rade i'm gonna give you some advice. Stop wasting your time talking to Archeus. As much as I VEHEMENENTYL disagree with you on apus or pes because I think you're biased or whatever, or disagree with webshock because he flames too much, the ONLY person on my ignore list is Archeus. A MASTER of deliberately misunderstanding, misinterpreting, and annoying someone as well as twisting their words and acting like you're saying something completely different. Save yourself some stress.

Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Oh ffs.

A huge potion of the community has been campaigning since like.... forever to have para removed.

We don't want ppus eradicated, what a completely narrow minded statement.
We are TRYING to gain some sort of balance between the 4 classes, and teams as a whole.
The current system destroys any hope of that, and unfortunately it comes down to ppus and the affects they have on the performance of the combat classes. Untill it is sorted, either by the removal of foreign casts, or some other means, we will not rest.

I may not agree with you always, but I agree with you now.

Now, as I said, according to what callash said it sounds like KK
would prefer to have para in the game, but are no stranger to
removing it if it turns out that it cant be balanced.

That's actually the same way I interpreted it.

About the para. Popping drugs in inventory DURING pvp is simply fake and unrealistic. One of the reasons my apu died to paraspamming so much. With the lag, the speed of the fight, and standing still, those few precious seconds could mean death. On my apu, ANYONE I saw in an op fight who stood still for 1-2 seconds was immediately debuffed.

Also, too many drugs = too much flash. I don't see ppus getting flash for casting parashock too much.

It's just unrealistic. As a matter of fact, it's one of the many reasons I can kill pes on my hybrid. Because I damage boost them, parashock them, REdamage boost and REparashock. And next thing you know they either run out of drugs or mysteriously start missing alot more.

*sigh*

I'm tired of all the accomadations we have to make because of ppus. :(

Anyways, Rade you keep saying WHY did the shock have to be increased. Did you stop to think that maybe it's a bug? Especially when the patch notes said stun effect is still the same. I hope it's a bug.

Have you been hit by parashock barrel? O_o

One last thing. About the whole "biased" thing. IMO EVERYONE is biased. EVERYONE. IT's about whether or not you're able to see past your bias or still think rationally. Hell QD thinks rationally 95% of the time, and he's biased as hell. :p

Personally, i'm starting to think that para should just be pvm only. And if that hurts ppus too much, then give them some other cool new spell.

Archeus
14-12-03, 20:17
whenever a PPU decides he will fuck you, with the new
para there is nothing you can do, no other class can destroy
someone with that sort of impunity.

Except it is not the PPU doing the damage. It is someone else, and if your team was any half way good they would deal it if you can't handle it. Whole point of an op war and all that.

Btw Rade did you ever stop to think the reason you get para'ed so often because everyone knows it winds you up.

It's just unrealistic. As a matter of fact, it's one of the many reasons I can kill pes on my hybrid. Because I damage boost them, parashock them, REdamage boost and REparashock. And next thing you know they either run out of drugs or mysteriously start missing alot more.

Yea Shadow and that why Hyrids or probably APUs are next to get a nerfing. You cannot spam parashock anymore, so your little story is a bit dated. 2 DB and 2 Para while spell switching (which normally has a delay) and still having enough PSI pool to attack. I find that very hard to believe.

FBI
14-12-03, 20:49
How many times do we have to make threads about nerfing my
parad0x char, don't hate the player.. hate the game.. psh

:rolleyes: ;) :D

(coffee, slurp)

FBI

Shadow Dancer
14-12-03, 20:55
Originally posted by FBI
How many times do we have to make threads about nerfing my
parad0x char, don't hate the player.. hate the game.. psh

:rolleyes: ;) :D

(coffee, slurp)

FBI

I KNEW when I saw your name as the last person who responded to this, that you were going to say that. :lol:

FBI
14-12-03, 22:27
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I KNEW when I saw your name as the last person who responded to this, that you were going to say that. :lol:

Heh, i couldn't resist with all the threads... I almost feel expected
to do that with my ego that you all have been so accustomed to.

:p

FBI

Duder
14-12-03, 23:31
I just wonder how many threads will be made to nerf parashock for KK to nerf it.

Im guessing 67 more.