PDA

View Full Version : OMG I love my new apu

VetteroX
13-12-03, 23:31
over the past few weeks ive been building an apu on Saturn. hes now 100 psi base and enough int to wear heavy belts, so I took him pking. It was awesome. Dont get me wrong, I love my pe, and he can do many things better then my apu cann, but what I hate is how many people escape my pe. I attack someone, start to win, then stealth.... goodby they get away. But not one victom has escaped my apu yet. A few poioson stacks and a hl before they stealth, and I can just wait with my arms folded 5...4...3...2...1.. and a dead bodoy pops out of the blue stealth cloud. Yay! they died no more escaping me! I even killed an apu and ppu, where my pe would have a very hard time killing a ppu, I stalked the pair for a while, waited till ppu was busy healing apu vs wb, unbuffed him, and then dropped him and the apu.

well, I know most of u are just gonna say another ego post by vet, so flame away, ive just never tried an apu before this and thought it was pretty fun.

BTW now that I have one and like em, I STILL can say they are a bit overpowered... evern energy beams damage is suck sick....

MayhemMike
13-12-03, 23:33
Ah, the ole pk people in the back while they hunt Warbies...

-=Blasehase=-
13-12-03, 23:33
welcome to moncocron

Lexxuk
13-12-03, 23:37
I agree, APU's are overpowered.

VetteroX
13-12-03, 23:43
well mike, next time ill try to hold myself to the same high standards you are, lol. the point is if my pe attacked that ppu he would maybe lose 1/2 hp, then heal, paspra me, and maybe id get away stealthed, even with db on me cause im fast. with apu I killed em.

Tupac
13-12-03, 23:59
lol no surprise vet ur runner aint slow dude :p remember that time at gab mine u ,alex on as lil green guy and polarity on as pitspawn i chased u for like 4 zones man :P that was funny! and yeah APU's rock when u play one but they steal ur aim imo :wtf:

*ph33r*
14-12-03, 00:00
Originally posted by Lexxuk
I agree, APU's are overpowered.

I agree.

Freaky Deaky
14-12-03, 01:18
i dont even need a full mag of my speed gatlin - perhaps half a mag :rolleyes:

everybody can kill anyone when backstabbing... 8|

cowards are overpowered :cool:

ghandisfury
14-12-03, 01:19
Originally posted by Freaky Deaky
cowards are overpowered :cool:

There's no such thing as coward when dealing with an APU/PPU combo:cool:

g0rt
14-12-03, 01:26
APU isn't overpowered. APU paired with a PPU..now theres overpoweredness

Tank!
14-12-03, 01:32
Two capped PSIs (APU and PPU) paired together are basically demigods, they can smite you almost instantly... :(

(the real gods are GMs, they can smite you anywhere, anyplace and make you cry)

Freaky Deaky
14-12-03, 01:36
Originally posted by ghandisfury
There's no such thing as coward when dealing with an APU/PPU combo:cool:

just wait for the right timing...

a monk without his shelter/def/heal is only of little value

even if they have to recognize that they are being attacked...

:cool: :cool: :cool:

ghandisfury
14-12-03, 01:38
Originally posted by Freaky Deaky
just wait for the right timing...

a monk without his shelter/def/heal is only of little value

even if they have to recognize that they are being attacked...

And when do you suppose that is? Before or after you've had HL shoved up your ass 105 times a minute?

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :angel: :cool:

Dribble Joy
14-12-03, 01:43
Originally posted by g0rt

*cough * remove foreign casts*cough *

Shadow Dancer
14-12-03, 02:12
Originally posted by g0rt

EXACTLY.

This is why g0rt>u

Hey Vet, glad you're having fun with apu. Have you been playing him mostly with a PPU or alone? What do you think the apu is like without a ppu?

KramerTheWeird
14-12-03, 02:58
I don't think anyone sees this as a ego post, it's good you have fun in the way you play the game. You probably already know some situations your APU would have a lot of difficulty in, your PE will be able to adapt to and overcome. Meaning, don't give up on us yet!

An APU by itself is overpowered in my opinion mainly because of range. There is no aiming reticle so at max range they can hit you consistently, as opposed to a weapon, which you would have to setup for firing, then would miss every other shot.

Shadow Dancer
14-12-03, 03:18
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird

An APU by itself is overpowered in my opinion mainly because of range. There is no aiming reticle so at max range they can hit you consistently, as opposed to a weapon, which you would have to setup for firing, then would miss every other shot.

Yes 129m is horribly overpowered.

o_O

VetteroX
14-12-03, 03:22
as i said, i still love my pe. for example, in todays event, cm attacked pp after the event. I went 1vs1 with a capped cm tank with my pe, close quarters, and won. now, my apu probably woulda died.

but my apu can do awesome things too. I was at gab doing my pp epic, and saw a CA pe hunting. I pked him of course, why not? well, his ENTIRE clan gred to gab, and I wiped them out. the enter clan, my apu alone. no, yes, they had just gred, but there were like 8 or 9 of em, and the tanks could use speed gats. I slaughtered most as they ran from the gr and spread out. but some guy away long enough to use weapons, one being a hybred which I kill.

Now, just gring or not, my pe could never have killed a whole clan, I woulda gotten 2, and they otheres would have run off, got rid of si, buffed up and gotten me.

Most of my pk experience on the apu has been alone, but then im pp and people dont expect it =) when I go bd, im sure killing alone will be much harder.

and im glad most people can see killing an apu/ppu even while hunting is tough, unless the ppu sucks, if a pe, spy, or tank attacks a hunting ppu, the ppu would just have waited tll the warbot had been killed while yawning, and then turned their attention to the attacker.

KramerTheWeird
14-12-03, 03:26
An enemy can long be out of range as well and still be hit by HL. I think the problem is that everything is calculated as you click your mouse, IMO spell calculations should be done when the spell is successfully cast, so it would fizzle if the target is out of range by then.

Consider a Pistol's range can be 116m or so. Can you really fire a pistol successfully and effectively at that range? No, pistol users will get as close as possible to ensure that their projectiles actually hit. Have you seen a pistol's reticle at max range? It's a couple inches in diameter. What chances you think they get to hit, not all, but just one projectile with an aiming reticle that open? What chances do apu's get? Every. Even rifles, with ranges on assault and raygun types ranging from 600-800m, would have difficulty hitting all shots at 116m.

edit: Oh vet, a RoG can kill people out of GR in 2-3 hits, but it's nowhere as fast freq as HL. That's a good scenario you had there, a PE wouldn't be able to handle all of them.

VetteroX
14-12-03, 03:30
i agree, apus need to be toned down, they never miss and have the best damage, its a bit much.... at very least lose the random damage bs...

Shadow Dancer
14-12-03, 03:33
An enemy can long be out of range as well and still be hit by HL.

I don't agree with that statement at all. 130m is alot lower now.

I think 160 is out of local. Taking this ONE aspect and calling the apu ovepowered because of it? :lol:

In that case, I can definitely call PE overpowered because of some things he can do or can "have".

Consider a Pistol's range can be 116m or so. Can you really fire a pistol successfully and effectively at that range? No, pistol users will get as close as possible to ensure that their projectiles actually hit. Have you seen a pistol's reticle at max range? It's a couple inches in diameter. What chances you think they get to hit, not all, but just one projectile with an aiming reticle that open? What chances do apu's get? Every. Even rifles, with ranges on assault and raygun types ranging from 600-800m, would have difficulty hitting all shots at 116m.

116 isn't close range. Pistols are meant for close range. APU spells are meant for mid-range.

But hey sure, give APU a reticle. But then you hafta increase their range since they would have the same problem pistol users would have, and apus are supposed to be close-mid range fighters not just close range. Also since you don't think it's fair they don't have reticle, how about giving them a heal and level one buffs like other classes who have reticle? Or a method of escape or defense like PEs and spies who can see a whole group headed towards them and stealth away, not like an apu who sees a whole group headed towards him and just prays.

Or how about making it so they don't have to put their ammo on their QB?

Just be fair is all i'm saying. It's easy to look at one thing a class can have that seems unfair or too good, then ignore all it's flaws or ignore all the "overpowered" aspects of your own class. ;)

KramerTheWeird
14-12-03, 03:49
I didn't say them not having a reticle is unfair. In fact due to their frailty the apu needs to have reliable means to deal damage and no reticle works. However a chance of fizzling should be included as range is increased, it does make sense, as the target would be farther away and harder to concentrate on. Mid range weapons like Pain Easer can miss shots at point blank, does HL ever ever do this?

Shadow Dancer
14-12-03, 03:50
Or just give them a reticle and make the damage based on that instead of wandom.

KramerTheWeird
14-12-03, 03:55
That's an interesting idea, at closed reticle they deal max, at open they deal min. A skilled apu would able to be way more powerful then they are now however, being able to hit all the time at closed reticle. I know with rifles and pistols I can keep a closed reticle lock all the time on most enemies so instead of being random a skilled monk would be doing max max max max.. even at closed reticle with other weapons there are good chances of missing shots.

Psycho Killa
14-12-03, 03:56
If they implemented that Idea they could also scale the max and minumum damage accordingly.

Since as ur right max max max would be a bit too much.

Shadow Dancer
14-12-03, 03:57
That's an interesting idea, at closed reticle they deal max, at open they deal min. A skilled apu would able to be way more powerful then they are now however, being able to hit all the time at closed reticle. I know with rifles and pistols I can keep a closed reticle lock all the time on most enemies so instead of being random a skilled monk would be doing max max max max.. even at closed reticle with other weapons there are good chances of missing shots.

O_O

So random is better? :p

How about(I suggested this a million times) lowering the max random damage and increasing the minimum?

Or do both. But if apus get reticle I think it would be REALLY lame not to include some sort of quickkey to chug boosters.

Rade
14-12-03, 04:01
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Or just give them a reticle and make the damage based on that instead of wandom.

I like that alot, that would really give credit where credit is
due, skilled APUs would shine compared to the ones that are just
on tho monkboat for the ride. And it wouldnt change anything for
PvM.

Shadow Dancer
14-12-03, 04:02
Originally posted by Rade
I like that alot, that would really give credit where credit is
due, skilled APUs would shine compared to the ones that are just
on tho monkboat for the ride.

Yea.

And it wouldnt change anything for
PvM.

Well they would probably be doing more damage. Since it's not exactly hard to keep the reticle closed. :p

Rade
14-12-03, 04:04
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Well they would probably be doing more damage. Since it's not exactly hard to keep the reticle closed. :p

Uhm, Im talking about getting the damage for a closed reticle to
the current average damage and then scaling down for a open
reticle. Hence just a APU nerf, but also allow for skilled APUs to
show that they are skilled. Offence is better than defence, thats
why APUs are overpowered.

Shadow Dancer
14-12-03, 04:05
Uhm, Im talking about getting the damage for a closed reticle to
the current average damage and then scaling down for a open
reticle.

o_O

No comment.

Offence is better than defence, thats
why APUs are overpowered.

Yea ok. lol.

EDIT: Like the non kami hybrids you've fought who you say you can't beat because they have too much defense but can't beat your PE either if you play defensively?

Tazo
14-12-03, 06:29
shame you didnt try it with me... i wouldve PAID to see your face when there is just no dead body appearing outta the stealth cloud since i was not too dumb to carry antipoisondrugs with me...

Dribble Joy
14-12-03, 06:34
What is the point of taking antidode, when you have 15 stacks on your arse?

Tazo
14-12-03, 06:37
15 stacks? what the hell were you doing while he was poisoning you, picking your nose? antidote removes a stack every 2 seconds, so if the amount of stacks is reasonable, you get rid of it in a reasonable amount of time

Psycho Killa
14-12-03, 06:40
I doubt he would bother poisining a spy.... a couple holy lightnings and u wouldnt even get a chance to stealth :lol:

Tazo
14-12-03, 06:46
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
I doubt he would bother poisining a spy.... a couple holy lightnings and u wouldnt even get a chance to stealth :lol:
well, he WAS speaking of a stealth cloud... could be a PE though... so i guess youre right. whatevers the case, the dead guy deserved it :p

Dribble Joy
14-12-03, 08:35
Toxic beam has a rof of.. 105 rpm?
By the time you have realised you're under attack and started to dodge (which is pointless with monk aiming) or legged it around a corner you have at least 8 stacks. 2 HLs on top and bye bye.
Besides, few people have enough space for more than about 4 antidotes/antishocks in thier QB.

WebShock
14-12-03, 09:15
omfg!

you morons just got a huge psi nerf!

why the fuck are you still whining like babies?

someone hand them a tissue so they can blow their nose.

will you ever be satisfied? why not just rally for the deletion of psi altogether? thats how simplistic and ignorant your rants are to me.

Dribble Joy
14-12-03, 09:29
I don't want PSI removed, it's just so horribly fucked up and over/underbalanecd.

Poison wouldn't be so bad if there was an easily availiable counter to it. There are only 4 armous that provide protection to it, and no spells against it other than high lvl PPU ones.
Giveing some basic resists to poison on more armours and imps or making shelter help, would be a start.

Shadow Dancer
14-12-03, 09:32
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
I don't want PSI removed, it's just so horribly fucked up and over/underbalanecd.

Poison wouldn't be so bad if there was an easily availiable counter to it. There are only 4 armous that provide protection to it, and no spells against it other than high lvl PPU ones.
Giveing some basic resists to poison on more armours and imps or making shelter help, would be a start.

You won't to spec no resist to it at all? You know poison damage already sucks right? If it was on par with energy and fire then I could understand your complaints.

Drugs/lesser damage/and anti spells(for ppu or people near ppu). What more do you want? Lol

Dribble Joy
14-12-03, 09:44
Look, I don't know PSI very well at all, I have never played a monk to any real level.
What I mean is theat there aren't enough options.

Peeping Tom
14-12-03, 10:22
a good spy always have full set of belts inn his inv :P
K4F

Sefran
14-12-03, 11:40
Yeah dont u just love that sick damage u can make every1 run in a mather of seconds

t0tt3
14-12-03, 12:46
Originally posted by Tazo
15 stacks? what the hell were you doing while he was poisoning you, picking your nose? antidote removes a stack every 2 seconds, so if the amount of stacks is reasonable, you get rid of it in a reasonable amount of time

:lol:
Yea still 15 stacks can be outheald with a holy heal ^^
Just sit down and take it easy =) But when did you get 15 stacks of PB? Just dont get it that takes a quite time and thats a ppol of 420...... u need to drain hrrr hrrr yea right

When you need to debuff to... 180 - in 2 s or something

NeoChick
14-12-03, 14:07
Hey don't tell KK that apu is overpowered you know they go overboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I don't think apu is overpowered at all, you forget that the apu has to have reasonably power because an apu drops dead at the drop of a hat, so you have to be able to kill fairly quickly because otherwise you are a dead man/woman!