PDA

View Full Version : Idea about Player defining Turf

Judge
13-12-03, 21:33
Ok, so we know that plaza and Via are pretty much CA turf, who in turn look after the other city factions in their turf, we know that TG canyon is owned by TG etc etc....

But I think that Pepper parks turf wars should be more.... well player defined. As it stands they are defined by 120/120 three shot kill guards... why? Where is the fun in that ffs? Ok here is my idea:

Getting in:

First off lower the guards to 100/100, then for each of the Pepper Park zones there should be buildings which are guarded by the faction guards of whoever owns that zone. The guards in this building are set on KOS to any except faction, so even if you are allied you will be killed in here. Anyway, the best way is to probably think of these as kind of NPC dungeons you have to either fight or stealth your way through the building to get to the end. At the end is a person who you must kill an NPC like director of operations.... just not so important. If you kill this person and manage to get out (see below) then the zone turns into the control of your faction and your guards replace the guards who were there atm.

Getting out:

Once you have killed the end control guy the guards in the dungeon building thing each have a 50% chance of either running away (so being replaced by the guard of your faction) or moving towards the end control room where you are, in a last bid of solidarity with their faction. At this point a cry for help goes out over the faction channel of both sides (or more if there are multiple factions in this). If the remaing guards kill all the invading runners (including any who come later on) then the zone remains in control of the original owners. However if the invaders kill all the original owners and their guards (including any runners who joined in later) then the zone turns to the control of the invaders.

Basically summarised:

1) After the control guy has been killed roughty half the guards still alive will be replaced with invading faction guards.

2) A call for help will go out on both faction channels

3) This would mean that there should be a pretty balanced battle happening in this building with both faction guards and runners.

4) If at any point in this battle the building is completely emptied of either all the invading or defending forces (excluding dead runners) then the zone is in their hands of the winners and faction guards are replaced appropriately.

The only guards which wouldn't be changed are ones that are in the faction HQs which might happen to be inside a zone.

So what do you think? I hope I explained it right.

Carinth
14-12-03, 00:05
Edit: Sorry, I was in a bad mood. I read far enough to see that you assume pp1 should be were people fight at. There's no need to weaken the guards when the zone is supposed to be Home. I apologize.

Judge
14-12-03, 00:10
Ok I'm sorry but wtf has that got to do with the thread or my post? I don't even do PP1 fights any more as I'm playing my reporter pretty much exclusively now so I really couldn't give a shit about that. I just wanted to add in some player driven dynamticity to the territories of the city. Sorry for trying to help. :rolleyes:

Sealdude
14-12-03, 06:19
Wow I was thinking about something exactly like this but I need to work on the idea.