PDA

View Full Version : Fixing Hybrids:Make Kami Remove PPU

shodanjr_gr
13-12-03, 19:40
OK so ive seen all this bitching about hybrids being overpowered again. I believe the solution is quite simple. Make Kami chips remove from the PPU subskill. -40. It wont affect any other class.

Its quite logical if u think of it since a kami is supposed to greatly increase ur offensive power but reduce ur defense. Since PPU is a monks only defence, Kami should remove from that right?

LTA
13-12-03, 19:44
No...

Just because they found a viable to play how they want to play, i know a lot of hybrids quit and some where good friends.
We can all play hc/mc tanks or pistol/rifle pes (not great but can still play em) so why should hybs get taken out.
It's a nice thing for solo players to play and if they gone through the effort of gettin a kami and makin a setup to play it then tbh i think they deserve to be able to play that way.

Just sort there heal!!!! :p

shodanjr_gr
13-12-03, 19:48
Originally posted by LTA
No...

Just because they found a viable to play how they want to play, i know a lot of hybrids quit and some where good friends.
We can all play hc/mc tanks or pistol/rifle pes (not great but can still play em) so why should hybs get taken out.
It's a nice thing for solo players to play and if they gone through the effort of gettin a kami and makin a setup to play it then tbh i think they deserve to be able to play that way.

Just sort there heal!!!! :p

If u have kami remove PPU they wont be less viable. THey will be less overpowered. If they want good defences they will have to limit themselves to plain nrg halo (since they wont be using kami). If they want good offence they can put in kami but will have to overspec PPU quite a bit at the same time in order to get Normal defences.

LTA
13-12-03, 19:53
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
If u have kami remove PPU they wont be less viable. THey will be less overpowered. If they want good defences they will have to limit themselves to plain nrg halo (since they wont be using kami). If they want good offence they can put in kami but will have to overspec PPU quite a bit at the same time in order to get Normal defences.

I just think making it negate a certain constitution element heavily (like -300 force or xray or fire) gives them a heavy hole in there setup but when you say overpowered....is that like back in the day when 1 could fight an army of about 10 tanks and walk away victorious or like 1 v 2 tanks/pes/spies whatever?

Sefran
13-12-03, 19:55
Yeah why not like the chip says ''kamikaze" i dont think that includes hybrid but only Aggresive Monks.

shodanjr_gr
13-12-03, 19:57
Originally posted by LTA
I just think making it negate a certain constitution element heavily (like -300 force or xray or fire) gives them a heavy hole in there setup but when you say overpowered....is that like back in the day when 1 could fight an army of about 10 tanks and walk away victorious or like 1 v 2 tanks/pes/spies whatever?

They still got holy shelter which i believe isnt affected by the kami chip.

And no,i dont mean being able to solo 10 peeps. But they can still solo 2 or 3 peeps.Which isnt normal.....

Shadow Dancer
13-12-03, 20:01
No.

Unless you make the hybrid class realisticly viable WITHOUT ds or kami. But until then, NO!

N1n3
13-12-03, 20:02
Hybrid is balanced with/without Kami.. pls close this poll.

LTA
13-12-03, 20:03
They still got holy shelter which i believe isnt affected by the kami chip.

And no,i dont mean being able to solo 10 peeps. But they can still solo 2 or 3 peeps.Which isnt normal.....

yet the godlike ppus who can survive armies of people is normal because they are a passive class?

Good pe's can solo a fair few people is that normal?
hell i bet with the right setups some tanks could solo a fair amount to especially if there wasnt Divine Aid involved just nitty gritty no running away/stealthing action......

shodanjr_gr
13-12-03, 20:03
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
No.

Unless you make the hybrid class realisticly viable WITHOUT ds or kami. But until then, NO!

Plz clarify what viable hybrid means for you.

shodanjr_gr
13-12-03, 20:06
Originally posted by LTA
yet the godlike ppus who can survive armies of people is normal because they are a passive class?

Good pe's can solo a fair few people is that normal?
hell i bet with the right setups some tanks could solo a fair amount to especially if there wasnt Divine Aid involved just nitty gritty no running away/stealthing action......

PPUs can survive armies (and should survive armies) just because they cant hurt them back in any way.

A PE of can not solo 2 people of equal skill level.
Neither a tank.

Only the hybrid can do that atm.

Tickles
13-12-03, 20:14
FFS I'm not a hybrid but i still want them to have a chance. Leave hybrids alone for once!!!

LTA
13-12-03, 20:14
PPUs can survive armies (and should survive armies) just because they cant hurt them back in any way.

A PE of can not solo 2 people of equal skill level.
Neither a tank.

Only the hybrid can do that atm.

pe can solo 2 people of the same skill level.... he has shelter, heal and sometimes the bonus of stealth the same as a hybrid (cept stealth), albeit not on the same str but he has plus they have a very nice con setup.
I bet a good pe can give any 2 tanks of equal skill a very very good run for their money...

atm theres a select few, there rare and i think there ok like that, way better than when there used to be hybrid armies who could stroll through anything other than other hybs :p

and based on your theory up above... like someone said, the apu should be able to smash any foe in 1 hl hit because he has shit defense?
You should be able to keep armies alive but imo you should be equal par with everyone else in terms of survival against the enemy.

KramerTheWeird
13-12-03, 20:16
I disagree. And a PE, a Tank even a spy, can solo many many people. They must use their brains and know when to retreat and heal, similar to how a hybrid may use their heals and s/d during combat.

Hybrids are a novelty solo class. They have no other advantages outside of working alone. The heal cannot outheal any other classes' pvp weapons, and their damage is barely ever equal with other classes as well.

Sefran
13-12-03, 20:28
There dmg aint equal to other classes if u are para'ed and dmg boosted...

shodanjr_gr
13-12-03, 20:34
Originally posted by LTA
pe can solo 2 people of the same skill level.... he has shelter, heal and sometimes the bonus of stealth the same as a hybrid (cept stealth), albeit not on the same str but he has plus they have a very nice con setup.
I bet a good pe can give any 2 tanks of equal skill a very very good run for their money...

atm theres a select few, there rare and i think there ok like that, way better than when there used to be hybrid armies who could stroll through anything other than other hybs :p

and based on your theory up above... like someone said, the apu should be able to smash any foe in 1 hl hit because he has shit defense?
You should be able to keep armies alive but imo you should be equal par with everyone else in terms of survival against the enemy.

I seriously doubt that a PE can solo 2 people of the same level.

I also never said that APUs should get instakill spells. PPUs are killable, what you need is teamwork to get them. APUs have shit defence, but at the same time they do awsome damage (highest damage output in the game) so they are balanced.

LTA
13-12-03, 20:36
I seriously doubt that a PE can solo 2 people of the same level.

k i let you continue to doubt it.
I have seen so know otherwise, but i'll wait for your "OMG nerf the pe" post when you see it happen

shodanjr_gr
13-12-03, 20:39
Originally posted by LTA
k i let you continue to doubt it.
I have seen so know otherwise, but i'll wait for your "OMG nerf the pe" post when you see it happen

When i see it happen i will.
If we are talking about people of the same skill level, 2 should always be > 1. End of story.

Richard Angelus
13-12-03, 20:43
:lol:

some time ago (before the APU Beam range reduce) most ppl said that KK must make hybrits viable/playable

now after the beams have half the range....
some ppl say that the hybrit is overpowered 8| o_O :lol:

I think the Hybrit is balanced :D

KimmyG
13-12-03, 20:47
I havn't been so greatly impresed by a hybrid to make me think they warrent a nerf. There definaly good but not godly anymore.

shodanjr_gr
13-12-03, 21:12
Originally posted by Richard Angelus
:lol:

some time ago (before the APU Beam range reduce) most ppl said that KK must make hybrits viable/playable

now after the beams have half the range....
some ppl say that the hybrit is overpowered 8| o_O :lol:

I think the Hybrit is balanced :D

If you mean that this thread has something to do with the APU beam nerf, i can asure you that it hasnt (at least for me). Now APUs arent snipers and they should have never been snipers in the first place.