PDA

View Full Version : Changing faction after patch

Rade
13-12-03, 15:11
Previously KKs attitude towards bad faction sympathies was "kill
npcs". Just curious, how are you supposed to do it now?

Xaru
13-12-03, 15:12
Hehe, there are always runners in the aggie cellars :)

Xaru

J. Folsom
13-12-03, 15:13
Missions? Otherwise, kill runners. I've always changed faction by doing missions myself, it saves you from getting -99 sympathy in every faction except the one you're joining.

Mighty Max
13-12-03, 15:15
Do it like it is supposed to be,

HELP your new faction, instead of harming your old/other.

garyu69
13-12-03, 15:17
I'd say do missions. And lots of them :)

If not perform some cleansing of the Evil factions :)

Rade
13-12-03, 15:18
I think you missed the point. Its very easy to go into negative
sympathies just by killing a few NPCs or runners every now and
then, alot of people have -99 in several factions, and even if its
not that drastic then around -50ish isnt very uncommon,
especially if youve had to swap faction earlier and killed npcs to
get the faction sympathy enough to swap to that faction. If you
asked KKs helpdesk their answer was always "kill NPCs", which
further fucked up your faction sympathies. Now, lets say
someone would want to swap faction to one of the 8 factions
that he has -80ish sympathy to, how is that supposed to
happen? You need positive 6 sympathy before you can start
doing missions.

**edit: the only reasonable solution left is having a ppu friend
and rezz kill a willing person a bazillion times, and thats
bordering on exploiting if you ask me, there should be ingame
mechanics to solve this in a reasonable way since KK always
wanted people to be able to swap factions.

Dont Mess
13-12-03, 15:21
only i know is get some1 to make a char thats of the faction u need 2 kill. ok this is easy on a multi char server danno about single char server

Mighty Max
13-12-03, 15:30
To swap faction, yes its a good feature, but do u really swap the faction because of the FACTION? or just for the Epic?

Never seen someone changeing from terrorism to a member of the free world and vise versa minutes. It has to be a process when you turn around 180°. To change from CA to DRE wouldnt be that much personal change, and the most CA arnt that bad to DRE ...

You did not get the -99 symp from nothing.

ResurgencE
13-12-03, 15:39
Thats ridiculous.

Ur incorporating too much reality into this game. Now ur tellin us that the reason we're anticity is because we're intrinsically bad people, and that 'No one can have a change of heart overnight'.

Anticity people arent BAD people. Its a GAME.

The mechanics of the game have been further worsened with this patch. As it is, its way too easy to lose faction symp in several factions. I should know, im at -99 with most of them. However, the only way to gain it back is to either kill runners or NPCs. Both options are no longer viable, and missions are out of the question.

What're people on Pluto, for example, supposed to do? How can a friend create a mule in the very same faction they're supposed to kill? Furthermore, why does it take several kills to gain 1 symp point at negative levels?

This is incredibly ludicrous. I really cant believe KK would pull such a stunt. I mean, what the fuck?

Mighty Max
13-12-03, 15:56
Hey,

i dont think that this is ridiculous.

You are able to change your skillset and get the lost xp in one day, you was able to change your faction within less time.

What is then the matter of 1char and 4 char servers, when you instantly can be whatever you want? Yes, this is a game, but this game is massivly based on the players interaction.

And to be honest, i dont like to be killed from the pps i just made a 5slotter before (yes in MY faction) and beeing killed a day later by MY weapon just because he/she changed the faction, and now he claims to RP. (tho he just gone out to hopp facs)

Get your lazy ass out and do missions or kill the runners and get yourself a reputation for it.

Anticity people arent BAD people. Its a GAME
I never said they where, but ive said ANTIs are STRICTLY AGAINST PROs that why they are called ANTIs.

Rade
13-12-03, 16:14
Look, Ive done all the epics and I wasnt even thinking about
them when I did this thread. Its just that there are people that
just really wants to swap factions, and the previous solution has
been to kill NPCs, which has resulted in that some people have
completely fucked up faction sympathies, I have 3 positive
sympathies, the rest are at between -99 and -60. Now I dont
want to change faction atm but there might be others that do,
and how the fuck are they supposed to go about doing it? KKs
helpdesk cant really answer "go kill NPCs" anymore now can
they?

msdong
13-12-03, 16:16
@MM
its the eternal struggle. those wo want to keep the game easy and those that want the game harder(not realistic).
i really hate faction hopping for epics and i dont understand why the epic items are not bound to faction.
worst case are ppl that switch fro TG to CA and via versa and not over a neutral faction. omg that have to be forbidden.
its like in the former discussion about the "Paladin", its simply the title of the greatest bitch around and the reward for that shoud be NO FACTION.

To the problem of -99 FS. Oh hey i am a murderer and want a reward for it. i kill PPL just because they belong to another Faction and it was not in a war.
i should get a reward for that. :o

EDIT:
@Rade
hmm, i think ppl should think about what they do even if it have no consequences currently. i wonder what ppl think what the reason for Faction Sympatys are.
This game change every month and getting more complex. so if there is a stat not uses i should expect it wo work in the future.

Leebzie
13-12-03, 16:18
There should be a mission , that you can do to show your loyalty, or at least pay for your actions towards that faction.

This should at least reset you to the point where you can do missions.

Or, instead of FS . "You will need to prove yourself worthy of joining our faction. If you do xxx (starts faction joining run) then you will demonstrate your loyalty and we will consider recruiting you"

Dont put this npc to speak to inside the HQ, instead put him somewhere else, like, a talent scout kinda guy, trying to convert people to follow his faction.

By definition, it is really your choice which faction you want to represent, even if that faction hates you. you could still say "I am fighting for Tangent" even when they dont think you should be.

The whole things a bit tedious really...

J. Folsom
13-12-03, 16:23
Well, I can actually agree with Rade on this, as much as I disapprove of rampant faction hopping, it should never become completely impossible. Here are some (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84623) possible solutions. (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84442) (There's two links in there)

Rade
13-12-03, 17:08
Originally posted by msdong

To the problem of -99 FS. Oh hey i am a murderer and want a reward for it. i kill PPL just because they belong to another Faction and it was not in a war.
i should get a reward for that. :o

EDIT:
@Rade
hmm, i think ppl should think about what they do even if it have no consequences currently. i wonder what ppl think what the reason for Faction Sympatys are.
This game change every month and getting more complex. so if there is a stat not uses i should expect it wo work in the future.

Are you not listening? People who have had problems with
faction sympathies either from bugs or from other reasons have
asked KKs helpdesk what to do, and was told to KILL NPCS.
Hence because they followed KKS ADVICE some people now have
completely fucked up faction sympathies, and with the new patch
KKs great solution doesnt work anymore. This wouldnt be a
problem if you could do the easiest missions regardless of what
sympathy you have or whatever, the problem is that there might
be alot of people with completely fucked up sympathies (like
myself, however as I said earlier, Im not planning to change
anymore) which havent been evil PKers but just did what KK told
them to do as solution to a problem.

Style
13-12-03, 17:30
well in my honest opinion... there should be faction recruitment day each time of the month, just an idea init

msdong
13-12-03, 17:41
Originally posted by Rade
asked KKs helpdesk what to do, and was told to KILL NPCS.
Hence because they followed KKS ADVICE some people now have
completely fucked up faction sympathies, and with the new patch
so of how many ppl we are talkin here ?

i thought this was just a discussion about the whole "problem" them a dicussion of about "a few".

if kk told me to kill faction guards to get my FS up i would tell the to think about another choise because i worked hard on ALL my symps and i DONT want to risk my points because they are lazy. ( i am proud of having 98 on NEXT as a TG)

btw. the "biggest" bugs with FS goin down to a score where you can not do any missions only affect a handfull of ppl.

Rade
13-12-03, 17:52
Only affect a handfull of people? So you are saying that only a
few people have even one negative FS? Dont be silly, everyone
who PvPs outside of OP wars usually have completely fubared
factions, and anyone who has swapped faction using NPCs
(again, thats a shitload of people) will also have fucked
sympathies. And thats fine, because most of those people did
something to warrant that, the problem is that there is no way
for those people to fix their sympathies now.

13-12-03, 18:44
Half O/T. They should also make sure no guards are around the NPCs that you have to talk to when you want to change faction because without stealth you die cause of the guards who will kill you while you are chatting with the NPC.

Sefran
13-12-03, 18:47
Yeah all factions big red and only ur own faction green , only way seems to kill a noob by gr over and over ? And if u have 2 to a other faction then the faction u want but thats already tons of time and 600K the system is a bit fooked now :/

msdong
13-12-03, 19:07
Only affect a handfull of people? So you are saying that only a
few people have even one negative FS? Dont be silly, everyone
who PvPs outside of OP wars usually have completely fubared
factions, ...

its only a handfull because of BUGS

if u PvP then you fuck up you symps, thats what is all about !!!!!

KimmyG
13-12-03, 19:07
Whatever happen to the donate to the faction that was gonna raise faction symp I think thats how it went

Cruzbroker
13-12-03, 19:26
Paladin isn't A Bitch, if you aim for Paladin your not aiming for epic rewards. Those who do epics just for the item and jump faction to get another epic item are The Bitches.

Rade
13-12-03, 19:41
Originally posted by KimmyG
Whatever happen to the donate to the faction that was gonna raise faction symp I think thats how it went

Great idea, would also be a cash sink. Could be something like a
mill to get from -99 to 0.

shodanjr_gr
13-12-03, 19:55
I think you missed the point. Its very easy to go into negative
sympathies just by killing a few NPCs or runners every now and
then, alot of people have -99 in several factions, and even if its
not that drastic then around -50ish isnt very uncommon,
especially if youve had to swap faction earlier and killed npcs to
get the faction sympathy enough to swap to that faction.

Several????Try all but cranh and TG....

greploco
13-12-03, 20:01
rade is so right on

I posted on this with a solution

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84623

but pretty much the onlyway to solve your problems now is to find someone who is your faction enemy (so you don't lose SL when you kill them) who is also the faction enemy of the faction you want to switch to ---- then kill them like 150 times

it's a pretty sucky system

ResurgencE
13-12-03, 20:52
You are able to change your skillset and get the lost xp in one day, you was able to change your faction within less time.

Not if you have - 100 symp.

What is then the matter of 1char and 4 char servers, when you instantly can be whatever you want? Yes, this is a game, but this game is massivly based on the players interaction.

Precisely why people tend to get influenced by other faction members, and switch over. It happens even in reality.

And to be honest, i dont like to be killed from the pps i just made a 5slotter before (yes in MY faction) and beeing killed a day later by MY weapon just because he/she changed the faction, and now he claims to RP. (tho he just gone out to hopp facs)

Essentially, this is backstabbing. And that also comes under the scope of RP.

Get your lazy ass out and do missions or kill the runners and get yourself a reputation for it.

I cannot do missions at -99 symp. I have to kill members of an enemy faction. A zillion times. On Pluto, people cant always find someone to aid them in this regard. And now that the new patch is out, one cannot even raid HQs in the hopes of symp.

I never said they where, but ive said ANTIs are STRICTLY AGAINST PROs that why they are called ANTIs.

You specifically said the following:

"Never seen someone changeing from terrorism to a member of the free world and vise versa minutes. It has to be a process when you turn around 180°. To change from CA to DRE wouldnt be that much personal change, and the most CA arnt that bad to DRE ..."

Thus implying that such does not occur in the real world, though it does, and i can quote many an example for you, from the conquests of the Indian King Asoka to the switching over of sides minutes before the Arabian battle of Kerballa by Hur.

Not everything in this game reflects reality. That is what makes it a game. And that is my point. Investing so much time in a simple faction change is ludicrous. Im not asking the devs to make it simple. Only to make it feasible in terms of possibility.

What if i started off in a faction allied to TG, and then due to RP and politics, decided to take a stand against them? What does one do in such a scenario?

Regardless, i was slightly frustrated about the patch this morning, and i realise that i came off speaking belligerently to you. Such was not my intention, and for this, i duly apologise.

greploco
14-12-03, 02:09
ResurgencE got it, perma negative symp kind of sux

and if you get the idea to put an LE in ((to prevent stray shots and further symp loss)) and slowly regenerate, dont -- the symps don't seem to regenerate with the LE in

ezza
14-12-03, 02:16
meh im just glad i love being BD or id really be fucked, like i could be assed getting my symps from -100 to 50 lol

msdong
14-12-03, 02:26
Originally posted by greploco
,,, the symps don't seem to regenerate with the LE in

and u did a report on that ?