PDA

View Full Version : PPU and resurrection

Xaru
13-12-03, 14:51
Hi!

I personally think the long resurrection time doesnt solve the problem. It just anoys everyone. You just need two PPUs per rez, one for rezzing and one for keeping the other alive. Gives you even more dependance on PPUs. (i play one, so i know)

I would think a better solution would be to do the following:

1. I dont mind the resurrection time to be lengthened, but not as much as it is. Make it twice the time they used before patch, that would be enough.

2. This is the important part: give the resurrected runner SI. Maybe 5 to 10 %. probably 5 is enough for OP fights, cause it takes a while to be able to use all your equipment again.

3. if a person has more than say twice the rezz penalty impairment, they cant be resurrected. So OP fights will have an end eventually.

Dont always try to gimp the PPU. I wouldnt mind if the parashock goes, but the PPU should be almost invincible. and atm PPUs are an easy target for an APU with antibuff and another tank or APU or PE. so stop whining about PPUs. Start whining about hybrids again (LOL)

Xaru

garyu69
13-12-03, 15:00
Boo Hoo.

You die you die

Accept it.

Ressurection has long been the unbalance in Fights because they fight always came down to who had the most PPU's

deac
13-12-03, 15:03
best idea there is... synaptic 5%

Xaru
13-12-03, 15:04
gary, did you even read my post?

If not, just shut up, otherwise, give a constructive comment.

I agree, that resurrection in OP fights is a problem, i just think the aproach is wrong in RPG terms.

Xaru

WebShock
13-12-03, 15:08
your great comments are fallin on deaf ears

kk listens to the masses that bitch moan and complain over the voices of reason.

you have no idea how long i rallied for what you are asking for. its just not going to happen. to sledgehammer has hit the psi again and they arent going to unfuck it.

Xaru
13-12-03, 15:10
Originally posted by WebShock
your great comments are fallin on deaf ears
kk listens to the masses that bitch moan and complain over the voices of reason.

Well, i know what you mean. I like that they are accepting the rezzing problem as a problem. But i hear many people complain yesterday, cause nothing really changed. The party with the most PPUs wins. So they will have to consider other options. :)

Xaru

garyu69
13-12-03, 15:16
Originally posted by Xaru
gary, did you even read my post? Sorry, i am just getting pissed with all these posts about the PPU.
IMO this is the best thing that has happened to the PPU for a while. Finally More people will have to accept that they have died instead of just waiting for the usual PPU to walk around an rez you.

I read your post but still think that what has been done is for the good of the game.

Xaru
13-12-03, 15:25
Originally posted by garyu69
Sorry, i am just getting pissed with all these posts about the PPU.

I can understand that. Same here.

IMO this is the best thing that has happened to the PPU for a while. Finally More people will have to accept that they have died instead of just waiting for the usual PPU to walk around an rez you.

I know what you mean. But most rezzing is done in leveling spots. And there the new rezzing times are really annoying.

For the op fights, i think there must be a way of keeping people to be rezzed over and over no matter what. But making the rezz useless is not right either.

The shelter and deflectors have been reduced. there is a antibuff and now the rezztime. next will be the heal. All gone but TL 3 :D I just wonder, why everyone wants the PPU to be easily killable. He shouldnt be. But he shouldnt be as important in a fight as he is atm. So get rid of the paraspam and give resurrected people SI. If they die too often (and with SI they usually are an easy target). they can only go back to their app.

Let me ask you, if you ever played a PPU and how do you think the new rezztimes will improve the OP fight situation?

Thanks
Xaru

Judge
13-12-03, 15:33
Originally posted by WebShock

Because of course the masses are always whining and your always the voice of reason and have never been biased at all towards your own class?

:rolleyes:

Elric
13-12-03, 15:35
3. if a person has more than say twice the rezz penalty impairment, they cant be resurrected. So OP fights will have an end eventually.

Inspired idea. That would be an ideal solution to it! I tend to agree that Synap for the one who was ressed would be a slightly better solution.

Xaru
13-12-03, 15:37
Originally posted by Judge
Because of course the masses are always whining and your always the voice of reason and have never been biased at all towards your own class?

:rolleyes:

Well, your comment doesnt help the topic.
But on the other hand, i guess you didnt understand that remark either. He just meant, putting more thought into the problem, would have brought up a better and more elegant solution (wher i think the actual "solution" is none)

If you need to comment, tell us how you think the new rezz rules will help the community, or why you like or dislike my suggestions.

Thanks
Xaru

Furion
13-12-03, 15:42
i dont see why u guys who like the patch disagrees with Xaru, since his idea is a better solution, the time it takes for a person to join a fight wouldn't be shorter then todays rez, the only difference is that the person rezzed can hide and prepare for combat again.

mehirc
13-12-03, 16:00
If you wait dead or wait for SI to go doesnt matter and at least i prefer beeing able to use all my stuff after a rezz.

The point is, that it should not be possible to bring people back to live in a fight. A fight must be over when all fighters are dead. A PPU is _not_ a better target than before, only dumb PPUs, wanting to rezz as before, are.

You know the main task of a PPU is to keep people alive not to bring them back alive, concentrate on that as a PPU and you dont have to rezz.

Adapt to the changes and you will see that it makes sense. And remember how powerful a rezz is, you dont have to wait for 40%SI to go, you dont have to get poked and you dont have to resort your inventory...now compare the time you need for that with the time a rezz needs.

Ascension
13-12-03, 16:08
With the current rez time you can click cast:
*go 4 a pee
*make sum toast n a cupa tea
*come back realise its still castin
*pour another cupa tea

then come back to see your guy rezzed:eek:

It is a tiny bit nerfed, cumon guys, its a crazy time!:eek: :o

Xaru
13-12-03, 16:16
Originally posted by mehirc
Adapt to the changes and you will see that it makes sense. And remember how powerful a rezz is, you dont have to wait for 40%SI to go, you dont have to get poked and you dont have to resort your inventory...now compare the time you need for that with the time a rezz needs.

Yes, thats true, but thats my time your talking about. So dont whine, if you will have to wait and resort your inventory more often now. If i get half time to rezz and you hal time for SI without having to resort, dont you think thats more fair. Why put it all on the PPU?

Xaru

mehirc
13-12-03, 16:17
Originally posted by Ascention
With the current rez time you can click cast:
*go 4 a pee
*make sum toast n a cupa tea
*come back realise its still castin
*pour another cupa tea

then come back to see your guy rezzed:eek:

It is a tiny bit nerfed, cumon guys, its a crazy time!:eek: :o

I doubt you can do all that in 25sec...Sure me as a Hybrid needs 40-45sec, maybe i could get at least one cup of tea in that time but not more lol.

The time is just ok, anybody who thinks its too long should let the dead bodies release.

Even a researcher needs more time to research a exp part, and do they ever complain? :rolleyes:

Xaru
13-12-03, 16:25
Originally posted by mehirc
Even a researcher needs more time to research a exp part, and do they ever complain? :rolleyes:

Yes, they do, but thats for another thread :p

On the other hand, dont you wonder, why you are the one getting the punishment for the resurrection? Id rather see the punishment on the resurrected. So give them SI and me some free time.

Xaru

mehirc
13-12-03, 16:27
Yes, thats true, but thats my time your talking about. So dont whine, if you will have to wait and resort your inventory more often now. If i get half time to rezz and you hal time for SI without having to resort, dont you think thats more fair. Why put it all on the PPU?

Xaru

There is no reason to whine after a lost fight, at least not for me. If you loose you deserve to release and wait that long.

With only SI, you would be able to rezz people under fire again thats the difference. And the rezzed ones could hide for example in UG and be able to fight again after a little time. Dead is dead and should be dead till the fight is over.

Rezz is so much powerful, so the time a rezz needs is justified.