PDA

View Full Version : A blow to the community

Colt Starling
13-12-03, 11:17
When I heard KK were going to make P1 a no go area for non CA types, I laughed and said.. "yea, good one!"

Words cant express bemusement at this awful community destroying decision. I mean for god sake, P1 is an institution within the game, a place where people OOC and IC meet. It’s an area were everyone goes to trade, chat, hangout, and generally relax.

Now I’ve already discovered that as a crahn, I can still go to pp1 if I stay behind the citycoms. I can rep right in via rontrade walk. So I have to ask what’s the point?

I can understand why areas of the City should be off guards for some runners, but I think it’s a little foolish to integrate something that splits the community. P1 is juts to damn historic to be messed with.

Other thoughts on the patch:

Have they nerfed the tech drops on Dooms and grims? I was hunting at H_12 for 2 hours last night and got not one. May be a coincidence, but odd since normally I come away with between 5 – 10.

Sorry nothing positive to say, it's only the negitive things I've notivced so far

iNsAnE
13-12-03, 11:34
Originally posted by Colt Starling

I can understand why areas of the City should be off guards for some runners, but I think it’s a little foolish to integrate something that splits the community. P1 is juts to damn historic to be messed with.

I think the point is to split the community.
Remember the lag and spamming in p1. Also, why should people that express their hatred for Reza and Neocron in every possible situation be allowed in the city? Makes no sense to me.
There are so many pretty places that aren't used, like Techhaven, TG and so on.
I totally support this decision.

\\Fényx//
13-12-03, 11:35
Youve still got P4, P3, P2 and the ViaRosso zones ffs, their always fking bitching when NC has safezones, so ONE is taken away from them as in Plaza 1 and all fucking outcry breaks out :wtf:

Sefran
13-12-03, 12:28
Besides P4>P1 :D

Devils Grace
13-12-03, 12:45
and dont forget that with DoY released kk expects o boost on the number of players, so if that is goin to hapen imagine that there are like 800 ppl online at ione server at same time

.........now imagine half of them in plaza............................8| o_O

msdong
13-12-03, 12:54
hmm, like insane told.
this game is not "VR-Chat" where you stand on a marketplace and chat.
Neocron is not desined as the peacefull utopia where everyone get togeter and talk about their problems.

on the guards problem: the Testserver guards where all KOS and i think they only change that because of the problems with the PP guards.

i see this as a first step that seem to change more drastic with the next patch.
btw, ever tought about the bitchin on the forum if no anti CA can see the new Con center ;)

Originally posted by Sefran

as for a non understandable reason P3 > all

Archeus
13-12-03, 13:00
TH is great now. you can wander around without any worries. Last person I saw wander in to start trouble ran out a few minutes later.

Original monk
13-12-03, 13:51
Originally posted by Sefran

in beta yo's pawnshop at plaza 1 owned all:

+selling 200 chittins @ yo's pawn shop+

Richard Blade
13-12-03, 13:56
A lot of people seem to be forgetting, or have missed the fact that the only time anti-city gets killed in P1 is standing in or just in front of Medicare.
Don't GR into medicare. GR into any number of other locations and walk there.

A certain Crahn PPU I know about was standing there for a couple hours making money poking people. He just stood far enough back from the CA guards. Just to the right of the wanted sign. Plenty of space, and plenty of customers.
On the way out, he ran past several guards who didn't even yell at him.

This logic of making only Medicare a free fire zone for the guards didn't make much sense except that it is preparing the community for the changes that will come with BDoY. Perhaps it may not get "worse" as people comprehend it. But, I think they might make more of the city unavailable to the anti-city factions. Although, BD, Tsunamai, and Crahn are fundamentally a part of the 'city' and technically shouldn't be shot on sight. Maybe this is part of their intentions as well.
Asking for clarification from KK would be asking to ruin the surprise of the expansion. So, I'll be happy to wait and see.

Regards,
RB

Leebzie
13-12-03, 13:59
I think with DoY when there enough people to Jam-pack every area (because I guess TH/MB/TG will all form there own main gathering centre's with enough people) this could be useful, if not an excellent addition.

Atm I just get the feeling places are more lonely...

ezza
13-12-03, 14:20
hmm plaza 1 aint of limits to CA enemies i was in there other day standing around, stay out of the medicare and your ok

Ascension
13-12-03, 14:23
Why Bitch, Most TG's and crahn hang out inside the medicare room:mad:

:o http://wolfenstein.co.uk/cod/Sigs/shot0025.JPG

We need guards in The medicare room.. Else its pointless,

TG and crahn can run from plaza 2 - plaza 3 without gettin shot?

I guess its the same from other zones
:p

Originally posted by ezza
hmm plaza 1 aint of limits to CA enemies i was in there other day standing around, stay out of the medicare and your ok

I guess the CA guards arnt messed up on saturn?:(

ezza
13-12-03, 14:31
Originally posted by Ascention

I guess the CA guards arnt messed up on saturn?:(

not been in there but when i was watching the room was filled with plasma so i figure that people are getting wasted in there.

Style
13-12-03, 14:40
looks like u will av to se up deals wiv non city in plaices like PP2 and beyond. well dun kk

Ascension
13-12-03, 15:22
Originally posted by Style
looks like u will av to se up deals wiv non city in plaices like PP2 and beyond. well dun kk

Well, actually enemies seem pretty safe in the Medicare centre..

KK add sum guards in there :wtf:

NeoChick
13-12-03, 16:36

same here, hunted for a few hours and no tech drops on any dooms and grims, but I am used to it because I have to play off peak due to being in Australia so get punished for living in a different time zone - I am rethinking my options because I am getting sick of this situation

As for Plaza 1, it may work in the new NC:BDOY but I dont know about the present NC, it is a bad situation for tradespeople

With the lack of players it has been hard all along for a tradeskiller to do any business, now it has been made a waste of time to stand there
- AND it is hard for players to find services

gostly
13-12-03, 17:22
i still think this shit was implemented too quick...it hit test server, couple days later it's on retail...

it's really unlogical imo...banning anti-city, for just plain being anti-city, which anti-city doesnt even get to do any acts against the city...so what the fuck was the point...

most pro-city are loving it cuz they sit on a bench in plaza and watch an anti-city come in, get killed, and then 2 or 3 hackers hack his belt...

wow...good job kk for making plaza safer...lol...

i really think their should be more reasoning to getting shot at...without even being able to pull a weapon...it's stupid

ive got a crahn char and a protopharm...so i see both sides of it...but im still only one sided on the matter...

unlock safezones, i'd rather fight a player and have a chance at getting away without dieing, rather than to get killed while being completely defensless by an NPC

just my opinion, but whatever...this game keeps getting safer and safer with every coming patch...

Marx
13-12-03, 18:05
it's really unlogical imo...banning anti-city, for just plain being anti-city

Actually, no. It's very logical. A dictator wouldn't want people who can cause problems in his city, in his city. He would use heavy handed means to prevent entrance for them...

So where's the problem?

wow...good job kk for making plaza safer...lol...

They made TH safer too - you notice? TG + FA = TH skilling.

unlock safezones, i'd rather fight a player and have a chance at getting away without dieing, rather than to get killed while being completely defensless by an NPC

Frankly the safezones in Neocron are there because all the complete and utter noobs start in neocron. They start out with decent faction stats so guards from opposing factions won't shoot them. If the new player wants to be daring, he or she can hunt in the Pepper Park sewer zones or the Outzone... How daring!

If they encounter a problem, they can run back to the various safezones located throughout neocron to recouperate and relax.

- AND it is hard for players to find services

I think it's rather key this way. It forces the tradeskiller to become something other than a construct/repair/research bitch. People have to go and remember who I am and what I do instead of just seeing who's spamming trade with a good enough skill. Now if someone needs my services when I'm not spamming trade, I get DM's from people... I get mail...

The jobs still get done, only now there's more thought behind it.
___

Anyway, what happened to that frame of mind which used to exist? Remember when everyone was talking about how Anti-City would be completely banned from the Plaza and Via sectors? Everyone was up for it... Now there are guards in Plaza 1 ONOZ. One of my Crahn skillers spent 3 hours just doing tradestuff in plaza 1... I was never shot. So let's get realistic about these guards... They may have better guns and health, but they're still retarded.

Once again I think people are bitching just for the sake of bitching.

Sundiver
13-12-03, 18:34
I personally welcome this change. And those of you complaining about not being able to trade in P1, why did you think we got trade channels for Neocron, wasteland, MB, TG and TH ? What is the point of shouting in TH trade when you are standing in Plaza 1 in the city? Even now, people are already getting used to exploiting the system to get into P1 and trade despite the patch that was meant to stop that, with a purpose.

If I was non-pro CA, I would adapt if a change like this came around, I would use the other trade channels more. That's the way it works.

Sorry, but I don't understand why most of you are complaining, especially TG's.

Cruzbroker
13-12-03, 19:49
especially when there's still tens of other zones where everyone can meet. Everyone. even when bdoy comes, EVERYONE can meet at SOME place.

(hey, TH has everything oops)

greploco
13-12-03, 19:57
traffic == interaction

interaction == more depth and fun

the traffic is now being split up, people are involuting even more into their multi-account "I don't need anythign from anyone" setup and their clan if they have one.

I'm interested to see this "storyline", but in general -- this is not a good thing

StrongSad
13-12-03, 20:06
At first it was cool when I was in P1 about 15 hours after the patch came out. All I saw were NEXT....and TT people. Even thought they arent the only pro-city admin factions I think most other people were scared of getting shot. Now we already have TG and Crahn finding loop-holes. I wish the guards were more aggresive. Besides. Like said before. If the servers do get up to high number likes 800-1000 with DoY...you wont want any more people than the pro-city admin factions in Plaza1. It will simply be too damn crowded. Thats why the TH guards are mad deadly now. So that people can meet there and trade...all the FAs and a few others. Or they can meet at the canyons....all the TGs. With 800-1000 players you could have at least 150 players in each trade area. I personally think It would be very awsome to have high amounts of trade and commerce happeing in other places besides P1.

I guess we will see with DoY. *crosses fingers* :)

Richard Blade
13-12-03, 21:08
From the patch notes.

Attention: The CityAdmin guards inside the Plaza 1 Medicare will open fire on all faction enemies coming through the Genrep! The Plaza 1 GenRep will be unsafe for anti-CA factions!!!

<clipped>

World
- Fixed Escador Oasis GenRep
- Added Hometerms to TG clanapps
- Fixed errors in VR2, A_06 and F_13 (Gaia mine entrance) maps.
- Updated all Plaza, Viarosso and Pepper Park maps. This ranges from visual changes to CopBot and faction guard placements.
Attention: The CityAdmin guards inside the Plaza 1 Medicare will open fire on all faction enemies coming through the Genrep!
- You can now get wasted at the Yagers Inn in the Canyon.
- Completed Tech Haven security update in all sectors.
- Added faction offices in public and hidden locations.
- Fixed a client crash when zoning to sector B_12.
- Moved "Black Lilly" (epic run NPC) to the subway entrance in PP2.

No loop holes, no exploits. Just the guards in Medicare. INSIDE. They said nothing about danger to those outside.
They did not say that anti-city couldn't use the Plaza area.
Just don't use the genrep.

Anyone who wants to complain about how unfair this is, and how rotten KK was for not warning them... blah.

This is the wake up call.

Sefran
13-12-03, 21:15
Well there were CA guards all the time outside medicare so u think they wouldnt change them? Do they have to make a picture by everything they do, i founded the notes more then clear enough, but the warning of new gaurds camed kinda late...could been sooner yes.

amfest
13-12-03, 21:27
Have they nerfed the tech drops on Dooms and grims?

I've only killed on doomie since patch and I got 2 lowtechs on it

With the lack of players it has been hard all along for a tradeskiller to do any business, now it has been made a waste of time to stand there

Tradeskillers do have legs and can use them. There is no magical psi glue that seals there butts to plaza benches or to the walls of plaza 1. Someone was calling for a poke on trade channel and I actually got them to come to TH to get one in the reactor room .. I thought that was pretty cool. I've also seen people in plaza 2 more now .. . plaza 4 i've seen empty mostly with some in plaza 3 .. . TG no one around really . .and MB only levelers and rare hunters . .. this was on uranus though late nite in US heh

No loop holes, no exploits. Just the guards in Medicare. INSIDE. They said nothing about danger to those outside.

on Uranus the guards got stuck outside the glass doors into the pillars by them. . .. people get shot at times just outside the glass doors .. .and I've seen a friend get blasted behind the wall by thecity com stations (twice)

so it might not be totally safe as you think depending on where the guards get stuck :p

Richard Blade
13-12-03, 22:50
on Uranus the guards got stuck outside the glass doors into the pillars by them. . .. people get shot at times just outside the glass doors .. .and I've seen a friend get blasted behind the wall by thecity com stations (twice)

so it might not be totally safe as you think depending on where the guards get stuck

I didn't read about that, I must have missed the post / thread.
I'm on Saturn, they were working last I knew. :confused:

I guess if the guards don't want to read their scripts and stick to them, there's nothing we can do. :D Time for KK to fire those guards and hire real actors. Somebody that can read a script and find their mark on que. :lol:

Wharg0ul
14-12-03, 03:18
well, lemme tell ya something. Guards all over the place might be "logical", or "realistic", but it's not FUN, and this is a game, for crying out loud.
No one warned me when I started playing a few weeks ago to not choose Crahn for my main, because I would soon not be able to get around the city due to stupidly designed NPC guards.
Let's see how much fun this game gets to be when everyone gets fed up and joins city factions, just so they can get tradeskill services and not have to worry about getting their asses shot off.

And before someone says "STFU...like it or leave", I DO pay money to play this game...my $$ is as good as yours. So if you don't want to hear me bitch, don't fucking read it. Besides....say it enough times and people actually MAY....you think the pathetic server population is bad now?? Just wait.....just wait....

Beanie McChimp
14-12-03, 04:19
I can see your point but the I beleieve the point of this was to get Fa to go to Th Tg to go to canyons and BD and crahn to erm scab canyon or TH or just to not be so lazy and up sticks and move to a better place. Come on plaza 1 wasn't that great was it with all the spamming and lag. Just move to a new area i tried to get everyone to move to a new plaza who were bitching in plaza 2.

gostly
14-12-03, 07:40
marx i think you missed every point i tryed to make...

Actually, no. It's very logical. A dictator wouldn't want people who can cause problems in his city, in his city. He would use heavy handed means to prevent entrance for them...

So where's the problem?

you said 'people who CAN cause problems in his city'...the point was...anti city cant cause any fucking problems to the city, yet they get shot and killed...it's unlogical

They made TH safer too - you notice? TG + FA = TH skilling.

TH + TG = not fucking safezones to begin with, i was being sarcastic...plaza is already a safezone yet the guards now attack anti-city, as if the pro-city people were in danger before...

Frankly the safezones in Neocron are there because all the complete and utter noobs start in neocron. They start out with decent faction stats so guards from opposing factions won't shoot them. If the new player wants to be daring, he or she can hunt in the Pepper Park sewer zones or the Outzone... How daring!

If they encounter a problem, they can run back to the various safezones located throughout neocron to recouperate and relax.

most complete and utter noobs leave their LE chips in cuz they dont even know about it, unless someone tells them they should remove it...so LE chips would keep them safe wherever they go...

so i'd still rather fight a player and lose, knowing i atleast had a chance at defending myself...rather then falling over defensless by an NPC knowing i had no way to defend myself...

Drexel
14-12-03, 13:14
FFS, cant you people see the headlights of the semitrailor barrelling down the road straight at you !

DoY is about to come out,

non city factions WILL NOT be allowed in the city.

City factions WILL NOT be allowed in DoY.

If you wanna chat to you mates get a chat room & lock the door, otherwise stick to the game plan.

I have known this was coming for over 12 months, do you want me to use larger font to make this clearer ? (well i cant, its too technnial) anyway...

There will be 2 cities in this game, & your NOT gonna get to go everywhere YOU want to go, what the hell do you think factions are for.

There is no warm & fuzzy central cafe where you can mansex your friends. This will be a divided world with complex aliances & shakey treaties, it is not a safe world & it is not a friendly world.

Open your eyes, look at the truck coming at you flashing its lights & blowing its horn & pick what side of the road your gonna leap too. (or go play sims)

Wharg0ul
14-12-03, 17:58
Hey, ya know what? MAYBE when there are enough ppl playing this game to actually populate it to a reasonable level, a change like this might be practical. AS it is, all it does is fuck certain factions from getting tradeskill services and equipment.

AND make it a royal pain in teh ass to get around as a new player.

Sure...there WILL be 2 cities in this game...but right now there is only ONE....so wtf do we do in the mean time?

This game has too few players for a change like this at this time, and it destroys the little sense of community that the game had. New players are not going to stay when they believe that the place is a ghost-town. Hell I almost quit my first week before I sumbled on P1 and realise "Ah...other ppl DO play this game!".

The whole point in playing a MMORPG is to play with other ppl. If I wanted a single-player game, I'd fucking play one.

The guards are STUPID. Put guards INSIDE the faction HQ's if you wanna cry about security, but until the rest of us have a city of our own, we need a place to get tradeskills.

Richard Blade
14-12-03, 18:24
Even if the guards in medicare get out once in a while, there are plenty of other places in P1 to get and do tradeskill services. Nobody is missing out on any aspect of this game just because the guards inside medicare KOS anti-city. Other than a couple of small glitches, it's business as usual.

Not to be insulting, but have you tried going to P1? Not through the medicare GR's of course, but any other way?

I'm going to try some experiments with my Crahn monk, I'm not expecting difficulty standing around P1.

Edit: He stood in front of several guards without a problem.

Things that may be an issue if you do get killed.
Your faction sympathy if it is negative.
Clanned or unclanned. (--- another thread mentioned this.
Soul light may be a factor, but doubtful.

I saw where CA guards before the patch would attack Crahn or TG psi monks in front of City Admin HQ. I believe this was because they were clanned.

There isn't much of a problem to use P1 if you just don't stand too near a guard. Copbots won't touch you unless you have negative soul light.

Complaints about this are laughable, this is a non-issue.
*Disclaimer*-- Baring any bugs or KOS guards stuck outside the medicare. But, hey, you gotta have some risk you wanna play a baddass.

Jesterthegreat
15-12-03, 13:51
Originally posted by Colt Starling

Words cant express bemusement at this awful community destroying decision. I mean for god sake, P1 is an institution within the game, a place where people OOC and IC meet. It’s an area were everyone goes to trade, chat, hangout, and generally relax.
i can go there with a Twilight Guardian (considered a terrorist by city factions) and "in characyer" hang out?

Now I’ve already discovered that as a crahn, I can still go to pp1 if I stay behind the citycoms. I can rep right in via rontrade walk. So I have to ask what’s the point?so first you complain about it - then you say there are ways to get around it... and COMPLAIN?

the point was to make people trade in TH. make people trade in MB. make people trade in TG.

Other thoughts on the patch:

Have they nerfed the tech drops on Dooms and grims? I was hunting at H_12 for 2 hours last night and got not one. May be a coincidence, but odd since normally I come away with between 5 – 10.
dunno tbh. however i killed the bloodviper king and got 2 rares and 3 sets of armour :p

Sorry nothing positive to say, it's only the negitive things I've notivced so far

personally... i dont like these guards. as a tradeskilelr i dont like the limitations. however i see why they were done.

i am FA. i have access to MB, TH, TG, Plaza 1. i have no problems. my customers are different. is my unarmed and unarmoured spy gonna make housecalls? unlikely. ill just play him even less i guess. that or i will arrange a meeting at a clan owned lab - good for both parties :D

:edit: oh - another thing? who likes not being able to get to Neofrag cos of new guards? isnt that fun O_o

numb
15-12-03, 15:04
Being tsunami, CA are my enemy yet I've still spent plenty of time in plaza 1 getting pokes/tradeskills done.

I think this is a good improvement to the game. I quite like the fact sometimes I have to travel up to TH to have things done, it just makes neocron seem like a better game to me - it all seems better for roleplay having to travel out to a community of scientists who are able to do their work on your weaponary or rare parts.

Strych9
15-12-03, 16:05
If you players want to be upset, be upset that you have been allowed to ignore your faction's RP for so long by KK. Dont be upset about the new changes.

TG... would never be allowed anywhere NEAR the inside of the city. I dont care if you cant draw your weapon or not- by the RP, you would be shot on sight without even a warning.

AND

TG wouldnt WANT to do anything inside of the city. The influence of Reza would likely make you sick to your stomache.

So now all of a sudden TG are KOS to two guards inside of medicare, and its some sort of travesty????

garyu69
15-12-03, 16:11
I think its a great move.
Now other places will be used, and Trade chat becomes more useful because you will now have to shout for a trade skill and then go meet them

Improves RP Great change IMO

Cruzbroker
15-12-03, 17:58
Heheh, What's the MUST to be in plaza 1 ? There is no MUST...