PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Hybrid....

g0rt
13-12-03, 11:08
Yes...goodbye to my hybrid. Tommorrow he will be PPU. Why?

I am the leader of an upcoming large BD clan on Saturn. For the past 2 weeks since we started it, I have not been playing alone whatsoever. Not once have I been alone.

Is this a problem, no! Or thats what you think..

Every op war is the same question. How many PPU's do we have. How many PPU's do they have. How many APU's do we have. How many APU's do they have.

Thats all that goes through my head, because if we have at on of PPUS and APUS we win. If we have a ton of tanks/pes/spies and they have APUS and PPUS, they win...which hasn't really happened yet..but im sure it will sometime.

My hybrid has no place. Hes useless. There is no reason in teh world for me to bring him to an op war. Why? So he can do inferior damage to the APUs? Or so he can buff others with inferior buffs to the PPUs?

This isn't monk'o'cron...this is pure'monk'o'cron...because thats all that really matters.

Another example. Me and kimmyg farmed 60 tech parts within a few hours last night on fire mobs. We used his PPU and my APU. This would have in NO WAY been possible with any other combination of characters. With my APU buffed and healed by a PPU, I can slaughter 10 doom reapers in 90 seconds. You show me another pair of classes that can do this.

Another example, my hybrid is crap at MC5. Its about he APU's and PPU's. My hybrid cannot hit the commander nearly as well as an APU, and my buffs cant nearly keep people alive as well as a PPU. So whats the point. SAme goes with my spy, pe's and tank... they don't hit as hard as an apu so whats the hell is the point of bringing them at all?

This game is a game of pure monks. I tried the hybrid bit, and it was fun as hell, but for the 2nd time my main saturn monk will be turned back into a pure. There is nothing in this game anywhere CLOSE to as good as a pure APU/PPU combo. And this needs to be balanced out.

Nuff said.

Colt Starling
13-12-03, 11:23
Hybrids are still awsome.. well the one I saw was.

Character called Monsoon on Saturn with kamakaze apu 104/60something. No one could hurt him and he did amazing damage. took me out in 2 blasts of his HL.

I wish they would just decide to either keep hybrids or remove them all together. I lommed to apu a long time ago

Divide
13-12-03, 11:25
Originally posted by Colt Starling
Hybrids are still awsome.. well the one I saw was.

Character called Monsoon on Saturn with kamakaze apu 104/60something. No one could hurt him and he did amazing damage. took me out in 2 blasts of his HL.

I wish they would just decide to either keep hybrids or remove them all together. I lommed to apu a long time ago

haha Im monsoon, and if I killed you in 2 blasts of a 425% hl, maybe you should look into wearing armor

\\Fényx//
13-12-03, 11:26
Originally posted by Divide
haha Im monsoon, and if I killed you in 2 blasts of a 425% hl, maybe you should look into wearing armor

lmfao

man 2 holy lightnings ? were you at 99% synapse, butt nekkid and have 0 enregy resist ?

Colt Starling
13-12-03, 11:28
Yep, pure fire resist as designed for pvm at the moment.

Still, regardless, the hybrid set up you have is pretty fucking impressive

VetteroX
13-12-03, 11:34
ive found a capped energy beam beast a hl that is under 570% damage 90/min in effecienty damge/time/ability to move while attacking, so try that out.

Shadow Dancer
13-12-03, 11:36
Originally posted by VetteroX
ive found a capped energy beam beast a hl that is under 570% damage 90/min in effecienty damge/time/ability to move while attacking, so try that out.

yup that's true.

And I agree with g0rt's post.

Divide
13-12-03, 11:49

570% on ebeam and 90 freq?? sounds like that twit gets shit dmg% on his ppu spells

shodanjr_gr
13-12-03, 11:58

Yep i gota agree. I lomed to PPU and i am using a 3 slot 113% dam nrg beam. I did some nfing with a friend of mine (similar level,he was using HL). Not only i could runcast but i constantly did more damage to him!

Original monk
13-12-03, 13:59
gort no-one orderd you to go hybrid: there nerfed anyway. Then go with a tank or a pe to an op to give the good example, maybe they will even follow :)

and i finally got that stupid chip so stay of the hybrids now hehe

black dragon: that faction is a bit fucked now cause they get shot everywhere they go with the new guards ... i hope kk fixes that somehow :)

cu laterz