PDA

View Full Version : TG guards are ruining CRP.

Lanigav
13-12-03, 09:41
While its nice to finally see some faction guards that do something other than suck, there's a new problem now with faction guards located in the Outworld, specifically TG guards and CRP. Because they're harder to kill, do uber damage, and seem to have a much greater aggro, they kill most of the mobs that spawn there now, or do so much damage to the mobs that the loot they drop is complete turd. The guards need to be placed somewhere outside of the main fire mob spawn points, or have their monster aggro signifcantly lowered. It really sucks seing a group of 3 Doomies clumped together, only to see them wasted by TG guard before you can even fire a full clip of ammo.

Tha BeAsT
13-12-03, 10:08
well basically all i can say is that enemies of CA cant go to plaza 1 and so enemies of TG cant go near the canyon. put up with them besides they miss a lot

L0KI
13-12-03, 10:19
Originally posted by Tha BeAsT
well basically all i can say is that enemies of CA cant go to plaza 1 and so enemies of TG cant go near the canyon. put up with them besides they miss a lot

I think u missed the point completely :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lanigav
13-12-03, 10:22
Entirely.

amfest
13-12-03, 10:25
err it kinda sounds like Tha BeAsT didn't even really read what the thread was about :confused:

yeah i know what you mean ... i'm a rifle using spy . and sometimes at MB the warbots are on me before i know it and have to fall back .. but now if guards are too close.. bam it's dead and i only see 1 cable ..or something .. lol .. .

Shot a warbot and got aggro on 2 small spiderbots .. OMG i had more to fear from those things than the warbot :eek:

L0KI
13-12-03, 10:25
But yeah, the one char i have left in Crahn is APU, and the guards are outdamaging my near capped APU.

Its ridiculous really, then need to be moved out of range of fire mobs.

RayBob
13-12-03, 10:29
Originally posted by L0KI
I think u missed the point completely :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
LOL...he sure did.

Lanigav makes an excellent point. The guards are slaughtering the mobs now. The bigger issue is whether there should be any guards at all outside of the faction headquarters sectors--now that all faction guards are so strong. Something to consider.

Lanigav
13-12-03, 10:34
Well, I think its a good idea to have some faction guards in the outworld if you're in TG/CM/FA to keep the riff raff out (but not so much or so uber that people can't at least get past them with some stealth and sneakiness). They just need to be placed somewhere away from the main mob spawn points, or only have them attack mobs defensively.

Leebzie
13-12-03, 10:46
Hmmm. Imho gards are a bit overpowered alltogether. If normal human runners cant reach that, how come the normal henchmen of a company can ?

TG/CM/FA/Copbots/Storms I could see being a bit more uber than your average person could hope to be. But... really everyone should be able to make 120/120 if the hired muscle can...

Shadow Dancer
13-12-03, 11:11
Wow really? I gotta go see this.

Lanigav
13-12-03, 11:14
Yeah, its crazy. The guards do 200-250 damage per shot up close to the various mobs, and I've seen upwards of 430 on a Grim Chaser from far away. So you've basically got 2-3 guards doing insane damage to any mob in the area, totally ruining the ability to hunt firemobs there.

Elric
13-12-03, 11:29
Originally posted by amfest
err it kinda sounds like Tha BeAsT didn't even really read what the thread was about :confused:

yeah i know what you mean ... i'm a rifle using spy . and sometimes at MB the warbots are on me before i know it and have to fall back .. but now if guards are too close.. bam it's dead and i only see 1 cable ..or something .. lol .. .

Shot a warbot and got aggro on 2 small spiderbots .. OMG i had more to fear from those things than the warbot :eek:

yep those spiderbots gopt an upgrade all right.

I was WB hunting in my Jeep last night and a couple of spiderbots got pissy about it. I lasted oooh... about 5 seconds. Spiderbots (yes even the small one) now hurt more than a warbot. I'll happily stand in range of a warbot and kill it off, theres no chance I'll be able to do that with a spiderbot.

Varaem
13-12-03, 12:54
Originally posted by Leebzie
Hmmm. Imho gards are a bit overpowered alltogether. If normal human runners cant reach that, how come the normal henchmen of a company can ?

TG/CM/FA/Copbots/Storms I could see being a bit more uber than your average person could hope to be. But... really everyone should be able to make 120/120 if the hired muscle can...

Faction guards are trained soldiers with military-grade weaponry, like the copbot rifle, etc. Why would a company sell military-grade weaponry to civilians? That would make it very easy to start up a rebellion...So therefore only faction guards are employed/recruited/serve a faction and are equiped with them.
Runners, on the other hand, are affiliated with a faction, share the facilities, join a clan based on the faction, and help out a little in their epic, but that's it. They could easilly change faction, so why would they trust runners with expensive and powerful weapons? They're Civilians anyway.

Yeah, Lanigav, TG guards are very annoyinig. It's kinda funny to see them killing the fire mobs now... before, they'd get their asses handed to them. Especially those two guards west of CRP gr, right next to like 4 spawn points.

alig
13-12-03, 12:59
Originally posted by Tha BeAsT

:lol: :lol: :lol: what? wrong thread:rolleyes:

Breschau
13-12-03, 13:02
Originally posted by Varaem
so why would they trust runners with expensive and powerful weapons?
Some of the epics have them entrusting runners with their latest prototype weaponry (CM, TT).

And even a company's best most high tech, powerful and expensive weaponry will end up on the black market sooner or later, albeit at extortionate cost and only very occasionally.

Not to mention the possibility of stealing the weapon(s) directly.

It's all game mechanic/balance reasons, nothing to do with rp "why" questions.

Also, while runners may be civilians, they're damned powerful civilians with tremendous combat training/ability (considering they can get maximum performance out of some weapons that have legendary status).

msdong
13-12-03, 13:04
major problem is: "where to place em?"

they are @ a very cool point where most of the enemy traffic come from.
we all wanted to be the guards stronger to provide security to our land and i dont want them removed from CRP.

btw. now you can just go straight to a mob and look for a rare without doin one shoot. you have allmost no expences so why should you earn the loot of the guards???

Lanigav
13-12-03, 13:11
btw. now you can just go straight to a mob and look for a rare without doin one shoot. you have allmost no expences so why should you earn the loot of the guards???

When guards kill mobs, the loot is destroyed outside of a bone or something.

Nasher
13-12-03, 13:24
Isnt CRP inside TGs territory?

They just need to make copbots/stormbots shoot enemys of the city on sight to even things out a bit.

Lanigav
13-12-03, 14:30
That's not what I'm discussing though. The guards can kill all the non-TG friendly runners they want, I just don't want them to kill the mobs I'm trying to hunt there.

J. Folsom
13-12-03, 15:50
All I can advice is to go to somewhere else then CRP, strangely enough, it's not the only place on the map with fire mobs. In fact, I'm quite certain about one third of the map has fire mob spawn, there's probably at least one more point which has the same or better spawn then CRP, without the guards.

Dont Mess
13-12-03, 16:22
i agree i know its cool luring a chaser in but still DAMN i mean chances are crapp loot and i exp my chars on those mobs. dont say 2 me go level somewere else thats dumb i like it coz i wont drop belt if i die. also its stupid dmg like on a giant raptor like 66/66 ** its madness about 322 a hit.

J. Folsom
13-12-03, 16:29
Originally posted by Dont Mess
dont say 2 me go level somewere else thats dumb i like it coz i wont drop belt if i die. Nemesis, Soliko, Tezla, Blackhill, Devereaux and Grant are all outposts which aren't CRP/Cycrow which also have fire mobs, enough choice, I'd say.

msdong
13-12-03, 16:31
Originally posted by Lanigav
When guards kill mobs, the loot is destroyed outside of a bone or something.

i dont know if this is the way after the patch but before i get tonns of rare parts from guard killed MOBs

and i dont think the raredrop its determined by the rang of the enemy because then i would nerver hat get a rare out of a SoulCluster destroyed mob.

Lanigav
13-12-03, 17:07
Originally posted by msdong
i dont know if this is the way after the patch but before i get tonns of rare parts from guard killed MOBs

If that was true before, it's definetely not now.

All I can advice is to go to somewhere else then CRP, strangely enough, it's not the only place on the map with fire mobs. In fact, I'm quite certain about one third of the map has fire mob spawn, there's probably at least one more point which has the same or better spawn then CRP, without the guards.

True, but CRP has fire mobs that spawn right next to bunker with a GR and GoGo, which also serves has a good place to hide and heal up. When I have a PPU with me then I almost always hunt in other areas, but without one, my chances of dying are much higher outside of CRP.

Kimiko
13-12-03, 17:14
TBH, TG doesnt need the guards outside its canyon - maybe have a few around the ASG garage but why beyond that? TH has a few turrets around that dont do much but annoy someone trying to get up a hill, MB has a couple of guards right outside, and NC has two STORMS outside the main gate - so why do TG have a shit load of guards scattered over like 8 or more zones? I've never actually been to Grant or Ceres so I cant say about zones south of TG, but IIRC they "guard" all the way up to Tezla and Gaya B.

Ok, so the flipside of that is NC has safezones - but it still seems a bit stupid.

Wilco
13-12-03, 17:15

and i dont think the raredrop its determined by the rang of the enemy because then i would nerver hat get a rare out of a SoulCluster destroyed mob.
Really "tons"? .. or better "sometimes a part"?
Before patch, the guards were (IIRC) of a lower level and yet the drop of guard-killed mobs was less than with me downing the mob on my own (with lower combat- & skillrank).
The same goes for my PPUs soulcluster...
My APU-friend couldn't play for the last weeks, hence i bought myself a TL88 soulcluster and tried it on my own... crappy share of techparts, i can tell you!
(All before last patch)
Regards, Wilco

msdong
13-12-03, 17:46
well i get all my parts from SC/Guards as a PPU because i dont freez them to death.

and compared to all other chars i dont see a difference in rarepart distribution.

if combat rang would effect rare drop my HC-PE with TL40 gat would be RareChamp :)

Dont Mess
13-12-03, 17:54
Originally posted by J. Folsom
Nemesis, Soliko, Tezla, Blackhill, Devereaux and Grant are all outposts which aren't CRP/Cycrow which also have fire mobs, enough choice, I'd say.

i hunt at grant aswell hnestly the rest are shit u dont get spawn like crp or grant ive never seen a chaser at the rest of em

Rade
13-12-03, 18:00
Well, beyond the fact that guards ruins hunting by killing mobs id
like to say that the new guards are stupidly overpowered, its no
fun to fight someone in pepper park and then they accidently
shoot a guard, BAM, insta dead, fight over. Cheap victories like
that just aint fun. The same goes for people who accidently walk
into a hostile guard, there should be at least a chance for them
to take a shot or two then dodge around a corner, not insta-
death like there is now.

Halve the damage at least, maybe even lesser.

KramerTheWeird
13-12-03, 18:27
As opposed to copbots killing you for having your weapon out, or instantly killing you if you accidently hit them?

The guards are there for a reason, and you can avoid them if you notice the giant flame coming towards you. Hell they don't even attack neutrals, let alone sometimes ignore hostiles. If you hit a guard that's your own fault, I've never hit a guard or copbot unintentionally before, except with AoE weapons.

I think this is a good thing for the guards to shoot mobs. If you are having guards assist you while PvM then you are just training. Find a place where there isn't guards, there are so many, and please don't whine about a stupid belt, some anarchy zones are safer than any warzone when it comes to being ambushed.

Rade
13-12-03, 19:44
Flame? What are you talking about, TG, MB, TH and other fun
places to PvP in just got totally fucked. I couldnt care less
about the dull-ass zonehoping PP fights being screwed.

Rieper
13-12-03, 21:29
Originally posted by Varaem
Faction guards are trained soldiers with military-grade weaponry, like the copbot rifle, etc. Why would a company sell military-grade weaponry to civilians? That would make it very easy to start up a rebellion...So therefore only faction guards are employed/recruited/serve a faction and are equiped with them.
Runners, on the other hand, are affiliated with a faction, share the facilities, join a clan based on the faction, and help out a little in their epic, but that's it. They could easilly change faction, so why would they trust runners with expensive and powerful weapons? They're Civilians anyway.

Yeah, Lanigav, TG guards are very annoyinig. It's kinda funny to see them killing the fire mobs now... before, they'd get their asses handed to them. Especially those two guards west of CRP gr, right next to like 4 spawn points.

hmm, then again i could say i've been Fallen Angels on Uranus for almost a year now (a lot longer ingame time) i've done the epic, i've got a insanely high kill count for Tangent, Crahn and Black Dragon.. i have -99 to all of them.. I've taken ops in the name of Fallen Angels. I've gone out there and helped my faction.

But they give a robot a better gatling weapon than me? o_O

msdong
13-12-03, 21:38
Originally posted by Rieper
...But they give a robot a better gatling weapon than me? o_O

if u where this good you should have joind the Army a few years ago. You chose to be a runner.
btw.you ask why a robot got better firepower them you ? o_O

amfest
13-12-03, 21:42
...But they give a robot a better gatling weapon than me?

LOL oh man that's rich :lol:

*I'll be back*

Rieper
13-12-03, 22:07
if u where this good you should have joind the Army a few years ago. You chose to be a runner.
btw.you ask why a robot got better firepower them you ? o_O

FA has no army, only bots.. you see any humans in FA fighting? the only people who defend FA are FA runners.. as a gentank as far as im concerned i _am_ the army of TH.. when we want to get to factories and laboratories for our scientists do the robots fight? nope, i do, with my clan and other FA clans.

and yes i want to know why the gat weapon of a robot (smaller than me, and therefore easy to carry) is better than someone who actively works for FA.

KramerTheWeird
14-12-03, 03:19
Originally posted by Rade
Flame? What are you talking about, TG, MB, TH and other fun
places to PvP in just got totally fucked. I couldnt care less
about the dull-ass zonehoping PP fights being screwed.

Hmm, then why even go there, you seem to hang out at pp1/p3 zone area a lot so don't act like you don't want to participate in that. Maybe it's because TS are neutral to TT so you can ignore them to an extent.

Besides, my point wasn't really about TS guards, just guards in general. Some places... like a miltary base.. or rebel faction headquarter should never be infilitrated by the enemy. If they were, it would be a massive government/corporation attempt to cease control or occupy or clean out the areas. That would be interesting as an event actually, maybe KK could tone down guards or pit other guards against them so runners can assist as well. As opposed to the idle threats from guards and free pass inside that people who raided before had access to. If that sort of thing truely happened in this game setting, TH and TG and MB would be long ago been destroyed or occupied by another force.

You just have to use your brains now. Instead of hitting them at their home, you hit them while they're at work.

Dribble Joy
14-12-03, 03:35
Guards should be around the same lvl as capped runners.
Runners arn't the normal citizens and empolyees of the factions.
Most are indeed the soldiers and the special forces that they employ.
The problem is that NPC are like mobs, they have an attack and hp that is proportional to thier lvl.
Make them, say... lvl70 to give them roughly capped player level.
Give them weapons that do rare weapon dmg to players. CSs and first loves to CA and TT/BT guards, Speed gats to CM and Redeemers to TG, etc.
Make that KOS though.

Shadow Dancer
14-12-03, 03:38
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Guards should be around the same lvl as capped runners.
Runners arn't the normal citizens and empolyees of the factions.

The problem is that then with a PPU, and with the AI of the enemy, the guards would be a breeze.

KramerTheWeird
14-12-03, 03:38
I think if reakktor wanted the guards to be as strong as runners they would do it. Besides the guards don't have ppu's, can't heal theirselves (maybe regen over time but not very fast) or are sometimes alone so they could easily be picked off at runner level.

Rade
14-12-03, 03:39
And yet again its actually the ppu that is the problem.

Dribble Joy
14-12-03, 03:39
Bah, nm then :p

Ooooh wouldn't be so bad if shields were self cast only!!! Look anohter thing that would help solve!

Shadow Dancer
14-12-03, 03:41
And yet again its actually the ppu that is the problem.

I know. That's how I feel. :mad:

Bah, nm then :p

Ooooh wouldn't be so bad if shields were self cast only!!! Look anohter thing that would help solve!

True. Maybe making the guards a bit stronger than capped runners. Or just alot of them, it would still be a challenge then and wouldn't screw over players without a damn PEE PEE YOO.

KramerTheWeird
14-12-03, 03:44
Please don't say I'm relating guards to ppu's. Multiple runners can take on one runner by themselves, right? Well you don't even need ppu's to do that, so if guards were weakened in this way then it would be fairly easy to outdo them. Adding a dedicated healer and protector, where the guards do not have would just make it impossible for them to work as guards.

Rade
14-12-03, 03:45
Im not saying that they should be completely nerfed, they can
definately be stronger than the old guards, but the way they are
now is just way fucking over the top, its like MC5, because of
PPUs they have to make it so incredibly hard that it becomes
horrible for everyone else.

Shadow Dancer
14-12-03, 03:46
What about adding PPU mobs who buff and heal other mobs?

Rade
14-12-03, 03:47
Doesnt the caster mobs down in aggie cellars heal themselves
already? Wouldnt be a big thing to make a higher level version of
those. Should only be for crahn guards tho :/

Dribble Joy
14-12-03, 03:48
Dammit I was about to sugest that.

There needs to be more variation in Faction NPCs.
Medics would be cool.

Some form of reactive coding.
If a faction guard is attacked and defeated quickly then more sould spawn.

There are only a few guards in RL, but aren't more called in if there is trouble?

Shadow Dancer
14-12-03, 03:49
Doesnt the caster mobs down in aggie cellars heal themselves
already? Wouldnt be a big thing to make a higher level version of
those. Should only be for crahn guards tho :/

Why only for crahn?

I've never seen a caster mob heal itself. I'm not sure if the engine can make a mob be healed though. But i'm pretty sure they can make the PPU mob damage boost, parashock ( :p ), and SHIELD it's ally mobs. whatever. lol

Psycho Killa
14-12-03, 03:52
Ive seen the psi mob cast heal though ive never seen it actualy regain hitpoints.

Guards should just be powerful enough to hold off runners. Then a signal should be set off where that guard is being killed so its up to the runners to stop an attack in his or her HQ rather then some 120 instakill mobs. They should give a great advantage to the defenders not an I win cannon.

Rade
14-12-03, 03:54
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Ive seen the psi mob cast heal though ive never seen it actualy regain hitpoints.

Was just about to say that, Ive seen it cast but the mob didnt
get any bubbles and didnt seem to regain hps so I donno...

Dribble Joy
14-12-03, 03:54
Perhaps guards should give a warning in the faction chat channel when they are below half hp?

[SP]Ostrich
14-12-03, 05:25
Perhaps guards should give a warning in the faction chat channel when they are below half hp?

Winner idea.

[SP]Ostrich
14-12-03, 05:26

Winner idea.

EDIT: Only when the runner does the damage, and only when it's in the hq, not outside canyons, mb, etc.

EDIT MK2:
Bah, double post, and it says i cant delete... WHAT DO I DO!?!?!?!?!?!

Lanigav
14-12-03, 10:59
Well this thread went totally off topic... :\