PDA

View Full Version : How many people collect medical substances?

RayBob
13-12-03, 09:11
Nobody and that's the point. I have a suggestion for transforming this totally useless class of items into something very valuable.

A new line of drugs. The blueprints can only be purchased from Biotech (they can't be reproduced by researchers). The new drugs are built with these special blueprints and they use the medical substances found on mobs. Naturally, the new drugs can't be cloned.

An example would be:

+10 to all resists for 5 min
+20 to all resists for 10 min
+30 to all resists for 15 min

+10 HTL/END/ATL for 5 min
+20 HTL/END/ATL for 10 min
+30 HTL/END/ATL for 15 min

The blueprints for the best versions of the drugs would call for medical substance 8, 9, 10--very hard to find. It might take you weeks of hunting to make one and then it would only last 15 min., but it might be an important 15 min fight for you.

Ray

Shujin
13-12-03, 09:21
biotech dont do drugs, protopharma does ;]

other than that i think the times are 100% to long ;P
maybe 120 secs , 240 secs, and 480 secs. long.
so 2 minutes, 4 minutes and 8 minutes.

and u said it'd take weeks to find them. bad news- they are bpable ;P
so unless they make them unbp'able the streets will be swarming with these drugs very fast.

RayBob
13-12-03, 09:31
Originally posted by Shujin
biotech dont do drugs, protopharma does ;]
Oops. Well, you know what I meant.

other than that i think the times are 100% to long ;P
maybe 120 secs , 240 secs, and 480 secs. long.
so 2 minutes, 4 minutes and 8 minutes.
It was just an example. There are all sorts of possibilities for the drugs. They could make one that makes you immune to parashock for some set amount of time.

and u said it'd take weeks to find them. bad news- they are bpable ;P
so unless they make them unbp'able the streets will be swarming with these drugs very fast.
I know that medical substance is currently BPable, but I thought it was pretty obvious that this would also have to be changed. :rolleyes:

NeoChick
13-12-03, 16:44
I never even pick those up, can't get decent cash for them and as far as I know there is no use for them

All those imp parts, the colourful ones on high level mobs, are also usually quite useless except the really high ones like a G,I,J which bring reasonable cash

But then, you find them on high level mobs and it is discouraging to spend medkits, PSI boosters etc or alternatively a lot of ammo on for instance a grim and then as a reward get a crappy red imp part that you can sell for like 1K

J. Folsom
13-12-03, 16:47
You can use them to recycle drugs right now, I'd post to a link with all the recipes, but it seems Reefsmoker has removed them. :(

I haven't got it backed up either, so I can't upload it somewhere myself.

naimex
13-12-03, 16:50
^^ only junk i take is armor for new ppl in clan imps for ppl in clan and component 9 and 10 ^^^

of the junk.. :/

dont touch stuff i wont need.

(and capped tanks dont do recycle ^^ better to have GR T-C and Ubar agility ^^ :/)

sw1tch
13-12-03, 17:13
u should also be able to purchase drugs from dodgy dealers inside PP (for eg inside PP Pub some guy already sells them), seen as i thought BD was incharge of drug rings ect

The drugs will be at lower prices, and maybe add a bit of realism into if sometimes the drugs do different things, ie you take a whiteflash but it acts like a destrole forte.

I think it will add more of an element to PP, as an enemy to the factions there i see it would be great fun to try and sneak through to a drug dealer and buy osme drugs withought dying.

maybe also make the dodgy drugs give -1 SL too, to make them seem iligel (sp) heh