PDA

View Full Version : My appologies to KK.

ghandisfury
12-12-03, 17:13
I have to say I'm sorry for doubting dah ubernisity of KK. This patch has been great. Let me run down what I tested last night.

Uber graphics by Martin ........Can't thank him enough.
Guard changes, and kicking TG (scum) out of Plaza one .....Thanks a bunch.
Parashock nerf .....Needed, deserved, and now finally close to balanced. It seems that holy para is a bit stronger, but I don't see a problem with this because someone can actually say "USE TEH DRUGS JOO NOOB LOLOLOL!!!!!11111one" and be correct.......I guess as Carinth pointed out it is needed in some cases (especially PPU killing), and it's finally not spammable.
Resserection nerf......Needed, deserved, and now these monk heavy clans that relied on all APUs dying...getting up....dying.....and getting up again will get owned. This makes a huge need for tanks at OP wars.
Range nerf on APU spells ......Again needed. This makes more use out of spies for snyping, and coupled with a rezz nerf spies are more valuable than ever.
Increased range on rare sanctums......Still needs a bit more range on True sight, but this will do for now.

All of this was tested with OP wars and PP fighting....I think the changes are great. They have allowed for all classes to attend OP wars, and have limited the insane neccessity of PPUs. Sure you're going to need PPUs, but you're also going to need APUs, Tanks, Spies, and PEs just as much as anybody else.

Thanks again KK.....keep up the good work.

Stigmata
12-12-03, 18:06
Parashock nerf .....Needed, deserved, and now finally close to balanced. It seems that holy para is a bit stronger, but I don't see a problem with this because someone can actually say "USE TEH DRUGS JOO NOOB LOLOLOL!!!!!11111one" and be correct.......I guess as Carinth pointed out it is needed in some cases (especially PPU killing), and it's finally not spammable

the range was nerfed but the effect on halo was increased and range is now 250-260 on a capped one.

so they have replaced a rare beams effectiveness with a tl60ish shop bought one.

Zanathos
12-12-03, 18:19
I havent fully experienced the effects of this patch, but sounds like KK hit the nail on the head right.

Theres a few tweaks still needed, but beyond that, its pretty damn balalnced.

one thing left to balance is the fact that PE's can be better tanks than.... tanks.

ghandisfury
12-12-03, 18:22
Originally posted by Zanathos
one thing left to balance is the fact that PE's can be better tanks than.... tanks.

PEs cannot be better tanks. 1vs1 they have an upper hand due to shelter and heal. In an OP war with PPUs, a tank will own a PE (provided they have equal skill). Now with the rare flamer, tanks might be better off than you think.

Stigmata
12-12-03, 18:22

how do you work that out ?

they can get the con setup

they cant use a CS without drugs

they cant use tank PA

they cant have as much in tc/agil as a tank becuase of all the minuses from the str imps.

in their favour they have more wep lore......nothing major
and can use shelter and better buffs.

Eledhbrant
12-12-03, 19:51
I have no problem fighting MOST (not all) PE's on my Tank, usually a nice fight and I dont feel my defenses are inferior to the PE

Rade
12-12-03, 20:06
As it is now PEs, Tanks and Spies are very balanced classes, I can
imagine toning down PEs defence and giving them some other
toy to play with instead could be interesting so that the roles of
these three classes gets a bit different instead of just having
different models doing more or less the same thing, but its not a
major problem.

Scikar
12-12-03, 22:09
Originally posted by stigmata
how do you work that out ?

they can get the con setup

they cant use a CS without drugs

they cant use tank PA

they cant have as much in tc/agil as a tank becuase of all the minuses from the str imps.

in their favour they have more wep lore......nothing major
and can use shelter and better buffs.

Stig he means tanks as in damage sponges. That a PE can absorb more damage than a tank can, despite that being the tank's 'purpose'.

ghandisfury
12-12-03, 23:06
Originally posted by Scikar
Stig he means tanks as in damage sponges. That a PE can absorb more damage than a tank can, despite that being the tank's 'purpose'.

Only in a 1vs1 situation. PEs are favored 1vs1, but in OP wars.....only the well setup good PEs will servive. A well setup tank can servive an APUs HL if he has shelter and a heal on him, which makes them a good damage sponge and a good damage dealer. There is no way a PE can compete with that. Anywhooo, I was just stating my oppinion, and have enjoyed this patch very much.;)

Rade
12-12-03, 23:11
Also, low damage output and high manouvreability is good in
duels, but in OP wars the CS is better due to the pure damage
output, the slowdown matters less. Also even tho the AE
weapons are too weak they are very useful in many OP war
scenarios.

Scikar
13-12-03, 00:13
I actually agree with you. I was just clarifying Zanathos' post. :p

Though I do think it is unfair that a tank has to find a PPU just to fulfil his role in combat.

Flyl
13-12-03, 00:23
AOE damage needs to be doubled at least.

ghandisfury
13-12-03, 00:42
Originally posted by Flyl
AOE damage needs to be doubled at least.

AOE damage is fine for tanks. Only the accuracy needs a boost.

Psychoninja
13-12-03, 00:49
Love the patch, about time KK starts making drastic changes to bring in DOY instead of going in little by little. Only thing I hated were the guards at the zone boarder >_<

naimex
13-12-03, 01:02
Originally posted by ghandisfury

Resserection nerf......Needed, deserved, and now these monk heavy clans that relied on all APUs dying...getting up....dying.....and getting up again will get owned. This makes a huge need for tanks at OP wars.

I agree with everything you said up there.. except the quoted part..

Yes indeed Resurrection needed to be nerfed so it would actually mean something to die, to you.. and to the guy/gal who had to go rescue you..

but tbh.. i think it took too much... most people got a ppu to lvl others and to resurrect the dead...

6 secs - 24 secs
16 secs - 54 secs

those are the tested resurrection time changes on a high lvl and a mid lvl..

its just about 4 times as long..

holy heal lasts 10 secs ^^

meaning a capped PPU cant be shot at whilst rezzing without dying.. ^^

14 secs of no heal.. ^^ and it takes about 10 secs to kill a capped PPU when they cant rebuff or run away.

So i´m not gonna tell KK to undo it, nor to loosen it up a bit.. but I do ask them to atleast consider taking away some of the time..

just wanted to give you my opinion on that matter.

Maarten
13-12-03, 02:30
And another example of someone who can't spell my name...

I hate my name... :(

naimex
13-12-03, 03:09
Originally posted by Maarten
And another example of someone who can't spell my name...

I hate my name... :(

its ok... i wouldnt care what your name is.. as long as you keep providing all those rgeat things for NC =D