PDA

View Full Version : Faction Turfs

LTA
12-12-03, 14:51
Ok now you have begun giving factions full homes, with turf areas etc, how about making the inside of there hq safe enough to tradeskill.
How about putting like sewer entrances for n00bs to level so they can use there Faction HQ more.
Inside the hq i think the guards should be set like players, they should have a rare weps, have a couple of random setups so it could be like a judge guard with high for resist but low en or something.
When new players start there apt should be in there faction hq, they come down into like reception, all stuff for them (help/low weps) should be available inside.
Outside the faction control should be heavily visible with lots of faction npcs about selling diff things etc (shady dealers in the bd area, hookers out and about in tsu etc).
Safe zones shouldn't be about as it's daft now with the level of guards, so make the HQs really hard to just stroll in and gankfest but make em a faction hq a place where people want to go, give small bonuses of different things to encourage people to use the hq more.
Let it offer it's own "special" services that are just for rp, like go in tsu the strippers offer you that night of "entertainment" pay for it and your screen blacks for a sec or two and comes back with like "wow thx that was good" type things.

Dissenter
12-12-03, 14:57
Well said, this is quite close to achieved for most factions in the City.

Only main exceptions that come to mind are Crahn, for obvious reasons. FA, but that could be better now, I havn't seen TH since the patch. Possibly MB, but again, ain't been there recently.

Crahn has the major downfall. Our appts are nowhere near our HQ, and have no guards in the surrounding area. and for some random reason, we have kind of 2 HQs, which confuses new players even more.

J. Folsom
12-12-03, 15:08
TH is really safe now, can't go anywhere without meeting at least 3 120/120 turrets with the same strength as a Johnny 5, so no problem there.

Shadow Dancer
12-12-03, 22:04
My only gripe with faction HQ's is that hostile people who are NOT enemies of the faction(or they are members themselves)can attack people inside the HQ freely.

SeXy Happy
12-12-03, 22:06
Yeah I see alot of TG at TH now to take advantage of tradeskillers. Looks like TH is going to be the new NC of Anti-City! Yippie!

Odin
12-12-03, 22:09
Safe zones etc will be reworked as BDoY comes out.